The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say they baptized faithless,unrepentant people?
It doesn’t.

That’s as silly as asking , “When did an 8-day-old baby boy agree to have his foreskin hacked off so he can enter a Covenant with God.”
It was done TO the child by the faith of his parents – JUST like Baptism.

Peter said that the promise of for you AND YOUR CHILDREN (Acts 2:39).
They ALSO get to be baptized and receive the gift of the holy Spirit.

The Early Church – the SAME ones who testified that Infant Baptism was an APOSTOLIC practice – they also testified to the fact that babies were Baptized by the will of the PARENTS . . .
Hippolytus
Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D.215]).

Origen
The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of divine sacraments, knew there is in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that infant is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Christianity for over 1600 years, including your Protestant Fathers were ALL wrong?

Jesus lied when He said the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL truth (John 16:12-15)??

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn’t.

That’s as silly as asking , “When did an 8-day-old baby boy agree to have his foreskin hacked off so he can enter a Covenant with God.”
It was done TO the child by the faith of his parents – JUST like Baptism.

Peter said that the promise of for you AND YOUR CHILDREN (Acts 2:39).
They ALSO get to be baptized and receive the gift of the holy Spirit.

The Early Church – the SAME ones who testified that Infant Baptism was an APOSTOLIC practice – they also testified to the fact that babies were Baptized by the will of the PARENTS . . .
Hippolytus
Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D.215]).

Origen
The Church received from the apostles the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The apostles, to whom were committed the secrets of divine sacraments, knew there is in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that infant is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).
Lol

Anything but scripture.

How blatant

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Christianity for over 1600 years, including your Protestant Fathers were ALL wrong?

Jesus lied when He said the Holy Spirit would guide His Church to ALL truth (John 16:12-15)??
The Bible is the final authority on any issue; not the church.

People in the church may be mistaken as concerning what they believe. Some may claim to be in the church when they are not really born again. The Bible stands as a beacon that is concrete and upright.

It is solid and firm; it stands as a standard of truth for all men.

While men can depart from biblical truths and teach false error that is not according to the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You skipped Acts again.
You are reading the saints mail.
Bad habit.
Yep you know the bible great, now all you need to do is find Jesus and get to know Him, you dont want to be one where He says, " I never knew you". Bible cant save you no matter how much of it you can quote, even the devil is vastly superior at it, these forums are filled with his handywork.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is the final authority on any issue; not the church.
People in the church may be mistaken as concerning what they believe. Some may claim to be in the church when they are not really born again. The Bible stands as a beacon that is concrete and upright.
It is solid and firm; it stands as a standard of truth for all men.
While men can depart from biblical truths and teach false error that is not according to the truth.
Wrong.
The Bible itself doesn't teach this. The Bible teaches that Christ's CHURCH is our final Authority on earth

STUDY your Bible . . .

Matt 16:16-19
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven. WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Matt. 18:15-18
"If your brother sins (against you), go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have won over your brother.
If he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, so that 'every fact may be established on the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen even to the church, then treat him as you would a Gentile or a tax collector.
Amen, I say to you, WHATEVER YOU bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and WHATEVER YOU loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Luke 10:16
Whoever listens to YOU listens to ME. Whoever rejects YOU rejects ME. And whoever rejects ME rejects the ONE who sent ME."

John 16:12-15
“I have much more to tell you, but you cannot bear it now.
But when he comes, the Spirit of truth, he will guide you to ALL truth. He will not speak on his own, but he will speak what he hears, and will declare to YOU the things that are coming.
He will glorify me, because he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.
Everything that the Father has is MINE; for this reason I told you that he will TAKE from what is MINE and declare it to YOU.

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the name in Matt 28:19?
Also, did it say teach all nations, baptizing infants...?
He also didn't say, "Teach all nations, baptizing only adults . . ."
That's YOUR perversion . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also didn't say, "Teach all nations, baptizing only adults . . ."
That's YOUR perversion . . .
No, he said teachable persons.
They were not instructed to baptize and teach newborns.
I guess the RCC started the first nursery ministry?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it wasn't commentary - it was testimony from the Early Church.
I ALSO gave you Scripture.
No it was fake commentary from ancient apostates.
They are your Apostles.
They rule your minds