The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit communicates correct doctrine through the hierarchy of the Catholic Church, not through rogue individuals operating outside the Church.
The Holy Spirit is given to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14, Galatians 3:14) and who are baptized in His name (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39).

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have already given testimony as to what happened.

Though the last time I tested my I.Q., it was 163...still pretty high.
163 is very high. My IQ is only 9 … but I hope my brain grows and I can get into at least double-figures one day. 10 or even 11 would be nice.

RogerDC

Jan 17, 2020
Forster
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Holy Spirit is given to those who put their faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:13-14, Galatians 3:14) and who are baptized in His name (Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39).
That's true, but not everyone has the right to dictate doctrine - that right is given to the Church only (ie, the RCC).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church consists of all those who believe on Jesus Christ for salvation; and who are born again of the Holy Spirit: the body of Christ: Christians.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true, but not everyone has the right to dictate doctrine - that right is given to the Church only (ie, the RCC).
Ministers of the gospel who study to shew themselves approved have the right to preach doctrine.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Going to be a lot of gnashing of teeth from the religious.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

did this bit

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

And when judgement comes you will all be without excuse.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know what the "exact doctrine and experience as the one true, first century church" was? The NT doesn't say all the "exact doctrine and experience" of the 1st century Church is recorded therein (… knowing full well that that irrelevant verse from Timothy will be offered as a proof text for Sola Scriptura).

Furthermore, your interpretation of 1st-century doctrine won't agree with what other Protestants claim is 1st-century doctrine - so which one of you is correct?
Good question.
It all starts in Acts 2.
A person must find their beginning solely in Acts 2, then once Acts 2:38 is fulfilled in one's life, apply the rest of the Epistles.
As a matter of fact, the Epistles are only useful to those that had repented, been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins and those that received the Holy Ghost.
One cannot apply Romans etc., without having Acts 2:38 first.

Commentary of later origins does not help or apply.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? The first recorded use of the name, "the Catholic Church", to officially describe the early Church was in 106AD.
You don't get it.
I am speaking of Pentecost, the church started on the day of Pentecost, not the 2nd or 3rd century etc.

That church was nameless.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To follow your doctrine of being baptised just as John the Baptist did it, that eunuch must have been baptised in the Jordan River.
It may have been anything they both "WENT DOWN INTO".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Droves of Anglicans are leaving that false Church and entering the one true Church - the RCC. Praise the Lord - some of the lost sheep are being found! Why don't you join them?
I told you.
The RCC is in most Protestant churches.
She is the harlot of Rev. and they are her daughters.
Their doctrines are very similar, so they pass to and fro from it in various ways.
Oneness even has powerful RCC roots.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should read about John Henry Newman, who was an Anglican priest who believed the Pope was the antichrist. But upon studying the history of the early Church, he came to believe that the Roman Catholic Church was in fact the same very Church describes in Acts. Acting on this knowledge, he converted to Catholicism and rose to the rank of Cardinal, which is only one step below the rank of Pope.
I don't think the RCC is the Antichrist at all, but the harlot.
His foundation was bad.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which part of Acts 2:28 says everyone must be baptised by full immersion in the Jordan River?
It just say baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins after repenting.
Does the RCC teach that?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that is what John 20:21-13 is about. Jesus gave certain powers to a select group of male disciples, who in effect act as mediators between the faithful and "the man, Jesus Christ".
If you were a Catholic, you would have been taught the truth and understand what that passage is referring to.
I was once a Catholic.
I just changed mediators.
I skipped the "sub-mediator" and went straight to the ONE mediator.
Is that a problem?

Reactions: prism

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect a lot of folks reject Catholic theology because they're not intellectually equipped to comprehend it. I'd say it's no coincidence that most Catholic-hating fundamentalists are of below-average IQ. The other factor worth considering is that unintelligent folks tend to be gullible and easy to mislead.
But the good news is, God is merciful and will take their lack of intelligence into consideration on Judgement Day.
We don't hate Catholics, but denounce Catholicism.
You can love the sinner but hate the sin, correct?

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It went right over your head, by the sounds of it. Never mind, better luck next time.
Figures, you would wish someone 'luck'. Is that what your faith runs on?
I realize when someone can't answer a question, they resort to red herrings and 'it went right over your head' type comments.

Reactions: RogerDC

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it's YOUR perversion . . .
Another example of the wise words of Peter who said that the ignorant and unstable twist the Scriptures to their own destruction (2 Pet. 3:16).

ummm, let's see if we can put your own words up against scripture and see if it holds any water.

The leading candidate for Harlot of Babylon is apostate Jerusalem:
- Jerusalem sits on 7 Hills. Vatican Hill is NOT one of the 7 hills of Rome.

- Apostate Jerusalem is referred to as the “Harlot” in Isaiah 1:21.

- The Harlot is “drunk on the blood of the saints” (Rev. 17:4). Apostate Jerusalem not only murdered the Prophets (Matt. 23:37) – she aligned herself with Pagan Rome in the persecution and murder the Early Christians (Acts 7:54-56, Acts 8:3).

- Apostate Jerusalem is where Christ was crucified and is referred to in Rev. 11 as the “great city” figuratively called “Sodom” and “Egypt”.

This is what happens to your "so called" Jerusalem Harlot...

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27]And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Now let's take a look at the Harlot which you love and protect, the RCC...

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

PLEASE pay attention to this next verse...
4] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7] How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8] Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9] And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10] Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

16] And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
17] For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18] And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
19] And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
20] Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22] And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
2]3 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24] And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Not sure how many times I have to tell you but - DO YOUR HOMEWORK.
I’m embarrassed for you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ummm, let's see if we can put your own words up against scripture and see if it holds any water.

This is what happens to your "so called" Jerusalem Harlot...

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
23] And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25] And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26] And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27]And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Now let's take a look at the Harlot which you love and protect, the RCC...

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2] And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3] For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

PLEASE pay attention to this next verse...
4] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

7] How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
8] Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.
9] And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
10] Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

16] And saying, Alas, alas that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!
17] For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,
18] And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
19] And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
20] Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21] And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
22] And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee;
2]3 And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.
24] And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth....
WOW.

You can’t tell the difference between APOSTATE Jerusalem and the NEW Heavenly Jerusalem??
And you question MY Biblical interpretations??

Now I’m really embarrassed for you.
YIKES!!

Reactions: RogerDC