The myth of grace-only & easy-believism shattered forever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 15 taught the trinity?

Please post it here.

Thanks.
It's difficult for me to believe that you are a Father - and you are THIS dense.
I referred to the Council of Jerusalem to show you how they defined teachings at councils - NOT to prove the Trinity, Einstein.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Church never was the "RCC", Einstein. that's what I just got done explaining to you.
It is The Catholic Church . . .
The Catholic Church is the Roman state church.

You are right.

The RCC(Catholic Church) is not the church we read of founded at Pentecost.

There is no resemblance of the two groups doctrinally or by experience.

There is a great gulf of false commentary fixed between the two groups.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's difficult for me to believe that you are a Father - and you are THIS dense.
I referred to the Council of Jerusalem to show you how they defined teachings at councils - NOT to prove the Trinity, Einstein.
Post the trinity being taught in Acts 15.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honor the mother of Jesus as typical saint, but don't pray to her.

Do you pray to her?

If so, what do you say to her?

Do you say the same words again and again(rosary)?
I ask her for her intercession - just as I ask any other member of the Body of Christ on earth to pray for me.
Can YOU show me where Mary or any other saint in Heaven was kicked out of the body of Christ??

ALSO - can you show me in the Bible where repetitious prayer is condemned??

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why??
I thought Protestants and people like YOU believed that He has brothers and sisters?

He did (though they were only His half-brothers and sisters)...see Mark 6:3-4

Mar 6:2, And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
Mar 6:3, Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
Mar 6:4, But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

This would have been scandalous to give His mother to a person outside the family.

Nevertheless it is what He did, according to scripture.

So you pray to John too?

Who you talkin' to?

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I ask her for her intercession - just as I ask any other member of the Body of Christ on earth to pray for me.
Can YOU show me where Mary or any other saint in Heaven was kicked out of the body of Christ??

Do you pray to any dead saint that comes to mind or just particular ones?

Can you provide a single verse in the entirety of the N.T. showing anyone praying to a dead saint, much less a living one?

Who made this stuff up?

The RCC?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church is the Roman state church.
You are right.
The RCC(Catholic Church) is not the church we read of founded at Pentecost.
There is no resemblance of the two groups doctrinally or by experience.
There is a great gulf of false commentary fixed between the two groups.
Really??
Does this sound like YOUR sect??

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

In like manner let everyone respect the deacons as they would respect Jesus Christ, and just as they respect the bishop as a type of the Father, and the presbyters as the council of God and college of the apostles.
Without these, it cannot be called a Church. I am confident that you accept this, for I have received the exemplar of your love and have it with me in the person of your bishop. His very demeanor is a great lesson and his meekness is his strength. I believe that even the godless do respect him (Letter to the Trallians 3:1-2 [A. D. 110]).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Asking for help from the dead...that's necromancy.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??
Does this sound like YOUR sect??

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the Catholic Church (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

In like manner let everyone respect the deacons as they would respect Jesus Christ, and just as they respect the bishop as a type of the Father, and the presbyters as the council of God and college of the apostles.
Without these, it cannot be called a Church. I am confident that you accept this, for I have received the exemplar of your love and have it with me in the person of your bishop. His very demeanor is a great lesson and his meekness is his strength. I believe that even the godless do respect him (Letter to the Trallians 3:1-2 [A. D. 110]).
........Proof the RCC loves extra Biblical commentary.

Is this commentary part of holy scripture?

Has this commentary been accurately copied as the scriptures have(copies of copies).

The scriptures provide no original manuscripts, but these commentaries are original autographs?

Aren't they amazingly preserved commentaries by God, even more than His word?

Or, is something fishy going on in commentary land?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mar 6:2, And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
Mar 6:3, Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
Mar 6:4, But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

Nevertheless it is what He did, according to scripture.

Who you talkin' to?
Indeed.

Mary had other kids besides Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...just read the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7) and you will find it within the pages of the sermon.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
That's what I thought you'd both say.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

When Jesus made this statement in Matt. 6:7, he was speaking about the nonsensical babbling of pagans to their gods – NOT the sincere prayers of the faithful. We read about them in 1 Kings 18:26-29, where the pagan prophets on Mount Carmel tried to invoke Baal all day long, repeatedly calling on his name and performing ritual dances

In Matt. 26:44, our Lord himself prayed the exact same prayer THREE TIMES in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:-87, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the exact same prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

Psalm 136
goes on for TWENTY SIX VERSES in a row, repeating the exact same prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the exact same prayer for THIRTY TWO VERSES, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.” This is FAR more repetitious than a decade of the Rosary.

You both need to stop quoting the Bible until you UNDERSTAND what it means . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The Way" (Acts of the Apostles 9:2) or "the sect of the Nazarenes" (Acts of the Apostles 24:5).
Wrong,

Those were desrcriptors of the movement NOT the name of the Church. Similar to saying "Christian".

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
........Proof the RCC loves extra Biblical commentary.
Is this commentary part of holy scripture?
Has this commentary been accurately copied as the scriptures have(copies of copies).
The scriptures provide no original manuscripts, but these commentaries are original autographs?
Aren't they amazingly preserved commentaries by God, even more than His word?
Or, is something fishy going on in commentary land?
This isn't Biblical "commentary", Einstein.
It's an historical picture of what Christ's Church looked like at the end of the First century.

Your uneducated and asinine objections are just that - uneducated and asinine objections . . .

And YOU raised children??

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
Show ONE verse that says MARY had children other than Jesus and I will join YOUR cult today.

Welcome aboard...

Matthew 13:54 And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?
55] Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56] And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
57] And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Galatians 1:18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
19] But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother.

Now go and obey Acts 2:38

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
Show ONE verse that says MARY had children other than Jesus and I will join YOUR cult today.

Blind as a bat.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I thought you'd both say.
Time for a Bible lesson . . .

When Jesus made this statement in Matt. 6:7, he was speaking about the nonsensical babbling of pagans to their gods – NOT the sincere prayers of the faithful. We read about them in 1 Kings 18:26-29, where the pagan prophets on Mount Carmel tried to invoke Baal all day long, repeatedly calling on his name and performing ritual dances

In Matt. 26:44, our Lord himself prayed the exact same prayer THREE TIMES in the Garden of Gethsemane after the Last Supper.

In the Parable of the Determined Widow in Luke 18:-87, Jesus emphatically states that God hears those who keep petitioning him in sincere faith: “Will not God then secure the rights of his chosen ones who call out to him day and night? Will he be slow to answer them? I tell you, he will see to it that justice is done for them speedily.”

In Luke 18:13, the tax collector kept beating his breast and praying, “God be merciful to me, a sinner.” This was pleasing to God.

We see in Rev. 4:8 that the angels pray the exact same prayer day and night without ceasing in the presence of almighty God, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty.”

Psalm 136
goes on for TWENTY SIX VERSES in a row, repeating the exact same prayer, “God's love endures forever”.

Similarly, in Dan. 3:56-88 we read the exact same prayer for THIRTY TWO VERSES, which is “bless the Lord; praise and exalt him above all forever.” This is FAR more repetitious than a decade of the Rosary.

You both need to stop quoting the Bible until you UNDERSTAND what it means . . .
The specific word by Jesus is about vain repetitions...which I have to say is often conducted by Catholics praying the rosary or the Our Father.

Not to mention the rosary hyper-exalts Mary...something Jesus did not do. In fact, He called her "woman" in John chapter 2...which might be construed as a sign of disrespect.

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
Mar 6:3, Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us?