The Possible Year of the Second Coming in 2027 AD, the 1290, 1260, 1335, and 2300 Days of Daniel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you didn't. You avoided answering the question. It's a simple question to answer.
You don't seem to know what you are asking.

As I said (and Christ), "all things come in parables." "Literal" is an oxymoron: Defined as "of letter or sign." Meaning: not actual, but a parable.

So..."the plagues of Egypt" were: parable, figurative, and literal.

...and your point?

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't seem to know what you are asking.

As I said (and Christ), "all things come in parables." "Literal" is an oxymoron: Defined as "of letter or sign." Meaning: not actual, but a parable.

So..."the plagues of Egypt" were: parable, figurative, and literal.

...and your point?

So you're affirming the plagues of Egypt actually happened, correct?

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the problem...the "basic reading comprehension." Jesus said that the words that he speaks "are spirit." Why then, do you look for a worldly fulfillment? That is worldly "comprehension."

So now this guy is calling the fulfillment of God's second coming and the establishment of new Jerusalem a "worldly" fulfillment..........:rolleyes:...................if by "worldly" you mean the fulfillment of God's kingdom being on earth as it is in heaven, then "worldly" it is, for Jesus said that when we pray, part of that prayer includes the earnest expectation of exactly that.

(Matthew 6:9-10) "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. {10} Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

No, there is no mass worldly event, but only a mass spiritual event. But this, indeed, is not "basic", but higher, just as His thoughts are higher. But I tell you the truth, and you look down your nose with contempt.

And you are expecting me to look at heresy any differently than with contempt, WOW.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now this guy is calling the fulfillment of God's second coming and the establishment of new Jerusalem a "worldly" fulfillment..........:rolleyes:...................if by "worldly" you mean the fulfillment of God's kingdom being on earth as it is in heaven, then "worldly" it is, for Jesus said that when we pray, part of that prayer includes the earnest expectation of exactly that.
The new heaven and the new earth...are not worldly. They are of the kingdom. This world is passing away.
And you are expecting me to look at heresy any differently than with contempt, WOW.
It is heresy to contend that Christ's kingdom is "of this world", as you say. How is it that you have it backwards, and accuse me of heresy?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new heaven and the new earth...are not worldly. They are of the kingdom. This world is passing away.

Way to put words in my mouth. Disingenuous much? :rolleyes:

It is heresy to contend that Christ's kingdom is "of this world", as you say. How is it that you have it backwards, and accuse me of heresy?

Yes, it is heresy to claim the kingdom to be in sin...........which is not what I claimed.........:rolleyes:.............. By "of this world", I'm referring to his reign on THIS earth before the new and earth is even relevant. Your spiritualization is an attempt to get around that fact.

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Excellent, so if God had raised up Pharaoh that he may demonstrate his power, which are the plagues of Egypt,

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. (Exodus 9:16 [NIV])

Where Egypt was just a small city, why would you not think God would do the same, against the entire world, to make his power known in even greater manner to all the nations of the world?

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. (Isaiah 13:13 [NIV])

Yes, there is much figure of speech in scripture, but there is also much plain prophecy. Because of your lack of belief in the power of God to bring wrath against in the whole world, when he clearly has demonstrated power in the past, literally, you take plain prophecy to be figure of speech.

The God we serve is a living God, who has actual power to perform what he says, literally. Believer sir, because your lack of belief will prevent you from inheriting the kingdom of God, just like Moses' lack of belief prevented him from entering the promised land.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is heresy to claim the kingdom to be in sin...........which is not what I claimed.........:rolleyes:.............. By "of this world", I'm referring to his reign on THIS earth before the new and earth is even relevant. Your spiritualization is an attempt to get around that fact.
Say what you mean. If you are referring to Christ's reign, say so. But you were equating the new earth and the world, which cannot be done. In which case, we should clarify: When you say, "his reign on THIS earth", do you mean the old or new earth?

As for "spiritualizing"...this is of the Father - "God is spirit."

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent, so if God had raised up Pharaoh that he may demonstrate his power, which are the plagues of Egypt,

But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. (Exodus 9:16 [NIV])

Where Egypt was just a small city, why would you not think God would do the same, against the entire world, to make his power known in even greater manner to all the nations of the world?

Therefore I will make the heavens tremble; and the earth will shake from its place at the wrath of the LORD Almighty, in the day of his burning anger. (Isaiah 13:13 [NIV])

Yes, there is much figure of speech in scripture, but there is also much plain prophecy. Because of your lack of belief in the power of God to bring wrath against in the whole world, when he clearly has demonstrated power in the past, literally, you take plain prophecy to be figure of speech.

The God we serve is a living God, who has actual power to perform what he says, literally. Believer sir, because your lack of belief will prevent you from inheriting the kingdom of God, just like Moses' lack of belief prevented him from entering the promised land.

He limits the power of God by his twisted understanding in how this material existence relates to the spirit.

Say what you mean. If you are referring to Christ's reign, say so. But you were equating the new earth and the world, which cannot be done. In which case, we should clarify: When you say, "his reign on THIS earth", do you mean the old or new earth?

:rolleyes: You knew exactly what I meant, I made my point quite literal for you. You just danced around the issue to maintain your spiritualism.

As for "spiritualizing"...this is of the Father - "God is spirit."

Yeah.."God is spirit"....and?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have not, and am not, saying that God has not or will not make a show of power over the entire world. But that does not change just how or when the Lord comes.

Again, you say "literal" when nothing in the world is literally literal in the way you mean: All is created, all things come in parables.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: You knew exactly what I meant, I made my point quite literal for you. You just danced around the issue to maintain your spiritualism.
Of course I did on both accounts: God is spirit, as am I.

But you mix your worldly definition of what is literal with what is spiritual and of the kingdom. Only by rightly dividing the word of truth between what is of the world and what is of the kingdom, can one know the truth. Is rightly dividing the word of truth and knowing the truth, something you even care about?

If so, stop carrying on mixing the two...and perhaps we can come to an understanding.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course I did on both accounts: God is spirit, as am I.

But you mix your worldly definition of what is literal with what is spiritual and of the kingdom. Only by rightly dividing the word of truth between what is of the world and what is of the kingdom, can one know the truth. Is rightly dividing the word of truth and knowing the truth, something you even care about?

If so, stop carrying on mixing the two...and perhaps we can come to an understanding.

Oh I see, so you believe the spiritual is just a figure of speech? Is that it? The spirit isn't literal, real, or something tangible? Is this your idea of "rightly dividing the word"?

christiang

May 24, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have not, and am not, saying that God has not or will not make a show of power over the entire world. But that does not change just how or when the Lord comes.
Again, you say "literal" when nothing in the world is literally literal in the way you mean: All is created, all things come in parables.

What nonsense is this "nothing in the world is literally literal"? Go ahead and pinch your skin really hard, and guess what will happen, you will feel pain, why? Because your skin is literally there. Its not a metaphor. Some people get so lost into their own philosophies and whatnot, that they don't realize their own stupidity. I really cannot help you. Sober up, that you may then be taught practical things!

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What nonsense is this "nothing in the world is literally literal"? Go ahead and pinch your skin really hard, and guess what will happen, you will feel pain, why? Because your skin is literally there. Its not a metaphor. Some people get so lost into their own philosophies and whatnot, that they don't realize their own stupidity. I really cannot help you. Sober up, that you may then be taught practical things!

:D HA!!! I don't even think he believes the spirit is "literally literal". The crap spewed on this site has truly reached epic proportions.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Concerning the2300 years of the sanctuary... <snip>

The 2,300 are "evenings and mornings", clearly "days", until the sanctuary would be cleansed.

Which is the origin of the "Feast of Dedication" spoken of in John 10:22.

<snip>

It is my view , that the trampling of the sanctuary began around the year 250 BC around 70-80 years after the death of Alexandra the Great.

Circa 167 BCE, Antiochus Epiphanes IV returned to Jerusalem, outlawed
Jewish customs, and committed an "abomination that maketh desolate"

Antiochus Epiphanes IV met his demise circa 164 BCE.

<snip>