The Problems of Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Narcissists don’t have any empathy towards others. They are also focused on self and how they are the greatest. If there was ever a false accusation on the highest order, you just committed it. My focus in life is Christ and not myself. For I am nothing and Christ is everything. But I forgive you for your false accusation (of course). I love you in Jesus Christ but I don’t love your sin and still be saved type belief. You also repeat the same tired arguments with me. So that’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

Also, my attempt is not to change your mind but to expose your false belief as not being biblical to others who are searching for the truth.

I merely highlight the Bible and let the Word of God do the work upon men’s hearts. Let God get all the glory.
Hello, Bible Highlighter its 12:46am where I live. I suffer with insomnia. Do you also?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many Christians today believe in Perpetual Belief Alone Salvation-ism.
They think that all you need is a belief alone in Jesus as the Savior and your good to go to enter Heaven.

While we are first saved by God's grace through faith (belief) without works in our Initial Salvation, faith does not remain as a belief alone.

Problem #1. - It ignores tons of warnings given to us on sin, and being fruitful in the Bible.
Problem #2. - It teaches that obedience to enter God's Kingdom is bad.
Problem #3. - There is no consistent standard of morality.
Problem #4. - It's a purely man made doctrine that attempts to call those who do good as bad, and those who do bad as being good.
Problem #5. - Believing a set of facts alone while persisting to disobey God does not really change you.
Problem #6. - Jesus came to save us from our sins, and not to just pay the penalty for our sin.
Problem #7. - It's the wide gate path (“Protestantism / Belief Alone-ism” is the second largest branch of Christianity in the world, with 800 million to 1 billion adherents).
Problem #8. - It is a lack of faith in what God's Word says involving God's instructions for our life.
Problem #9. - It's a religion of self or with one being their own god vs. making God (Jesus) the Lord of their life.
Problem #10. - The Bible actually warns against those who believe this way.
Problem #11. - It glorifies sin and darkness.
Problem #12. - It ignores the true purpose of grace. For Titus 2:11-12 says God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world. Also, see Ephesians 5:25-27.

Side Note:

Yes, Paul taught that we must believe in Jesus and His grace, and in the gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, but this was not Perpetual Belief Alone-ism with the exclusion of living holy afterwards. Paul taught Temporal Belief Alone-ism only in our Initial Salvation when we are first saved by God’s grace. Being saved by God’s grace in our Initial Salvation is not a process of salvation based on anything major we did whereby we can glory in own efforts. After a person is first saved by God’s grace by a belief alone in the Savior, they must enter the Sanctification of the Holy Spirit to live holy afterwards as a part of God’s plan of salvation.

Side Note 2:

The word “perpetual” in the context I am using it is defined as “unending.”
I really liked reading this OP! Strange I know, me not having more to say :cool:

Reactions: Bible Highlighter

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been trying to show this to Danthemailman but he doesn't have ears to hear.
Sin and still be saved is a gospel of salvation through disobedience to God.

.....and saying that you have no sin is calling God a liar......1John 1

Just answer this ONE question.....why does God say that He “Chastises whom He loves and SCOURGES every son that He calls His own” .......Heb12:6.......

Does God Scourge the pure and sinless for kicks or something? Please no diversions—- just answer the question....

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Narcissists don’t have any empathy towards others. They are also focused on self and how they are the greatest. If there was ever a false accusation on the highest order, you just committed it. My focus in life is Christ and not myself. For I am nothing and Christ is everything. But I forgive you for your false accusation (of course). I love you in Jesus Christ but I don’t love your sin and still be saved type belief. You also repeat the same tired arguments with me. So that’s like the pot calling the kettle black.

Also, my attempt is not to change your mind but to expose your false belief as not being biblical to others who are searching for the truth.

I merely highlight the Bible and let the Word of God do the work upon men’s hearts. Let God get all the glory.
Being focused on SELF and how YOU are the greatest sounds about right and is not a false accusation. You know what they say, "If the shoe fits." You have basically judged and condemned (at least most) Protestants as not being on the narrow way.

To all:

Many will attempt to make false accusations based on their brainwashing from Protestantism. They don’t really read and believe all of the Scriptures. They change them to suit their own ends. They turn God’s grace into a license for immorality of which Jude 1:4 warns us against.
Protestantism numbers close to 1 billion adherents. Most of them are Belief Alone Proponents. So I highly doubt that Protestant Belief Alone Salvationism is the narrow way and the few in whom Jesus talked about.
What did Jesus say about Belief Alone Salvationism?

John 3:15 - that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.. 47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

John 11:25 - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”

There are multiple passages of scripture which make it clear that man is saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (Luke 8:12; John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:29,40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 11:17; 13:39; 15:7-9; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:22-28; 4:5-6; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; 3:6-9, 26; Ephesians 2:8.9; Philippians 3:9; 2 Timothy 3:15; Hebrews 10:39; 1 John 5:13 etc..). If additional requirements (works) after believe/faith were also necessary for salvation then God would not make so many statements in which He promises eternal life to those who simply BELIEVE/PLACE FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST FOR SALVATION. All the praise and glory goes to Jesus Christ.

You also seem obsessed with indicting others (including myself) as promoting a license to sin. You even falsely accused me of being a 'different' Mailman Dan on a different Christian forum and never apologized for it.

You also promoted on another website the false teachings of Ray Comfort of Living Waters (who clearly teaches turning God's grace into a license to sin like you believe) (here is the post).

This article link here exposes Ray's license for immorality:
RAY COMFORT | Living Waters | Hell's Best Kept Secret

(Note: Many of your posts are not searchable on ChristianForums. While this is most likely due to your hiding your profile, and it may not have been your intention, but the reality is that by doing so: It simply makes you look you are trying to hide what you write at times). No doubt this is in your favor because you ultimately teach a license to sin under God's grace on a smaller level. Anyways, I was fortunate to find at least one of our previous arguments at CF.
You call that having love for me in Christ? You sure have a strange way of showing it. False accusations are not produced out of love. I forgive you for your false accusation and I still have love for you and for others though. I just don't love your false gospel of 'type 2 works salvation.' I actually detest it! False gospels rob Christ of His glory and give glory to man instead. It's your false beliefs and eisegesis that have been highlighted and exposed for others to see.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t love your sin and still be saved type belief.
So anything short of living a sinless, perfect life 100% of the time means that we won't be saved? Do you claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived?) Those who believe they do are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)

Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: (sound familiar?) 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
I've been trying to show this to Danthemailman but he doesn't have ears to hear.
Danthemailman has ears to hear more than you think. Do you also claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived?) The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of our salvation.

We obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” If you don't believe the gospel then you are living in disobedience to God no matter how much so called obedience that you attempt to conjure up through the flesh in a vain effort to obtain salvation by works.

Reactions: Charlie24

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don’t seem to have a problem with disobedience to God in their salvation even though it goes against all logic, basic morality, and the Word of God. Then again, the Bible says in the last days perilous times will come. But I also see it just as equally problematic in saying we need to be saved initially by baptism because that undoes being saved initially by God’s grace through faith (Which is a process of salvation without works). I know we disagree on this point, but I have to take my stand for the Word of God and His grace. The thief on the cross died under the New Covenant dispensation.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don’t seem to have a problem with disobedience to God in their salvation even though it goes against all logic, basic morality, and the Word of God. Then again, the Bible says in the last days perilous times will come. But I also see it just as equally problematic in saying we need to be saved initially by baptism because that undoes being saved initially by God’s grace through faith (Which is a process of salvation without works). I know we disagree on this point, but I have to take my stand for the Word of God and His grace. The thief on the cross died under the New Covenant dispensation.
.......spoken like a true Lawyer.....complicating what God has made simple .....the Thief simply Believed that Jesus WAS who He SAID He was......the Thief took God at His Word .....that is what Faith is.....that kind of Faith is what will save anybody .....no need to complicate it with “ dispensations” , etc......Simply Trust Jesus to Save you ( TURN to Him, or “ Repent” as this Thief did) , and you too will join Jesus “ in paradise”.... as I say, let the Legalistic Lawyers argue about whether you had the “ correct” Dispensation or not....Jesus had trouble with these Lawyer-Types in His day also.....

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being focused on SELF and how YOU are the greatest sounds about right and is not a false accusation.
No. I have a family and people know me. I have Christian friends and they would not say that of me. They would not label me as a narcissist (Who is a person focused always on self and not others and thinks they are the greatest). A narcissist also has a strong lack of empathy for others. This means they will not even apologize or feel bad for anyone. Even my own writings here at ChristianityBoard, and on Christian Forums speak for themselves (if a person really wants to know the truth and see that you are falsely accusing me).

But Jesus said, “Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” (Matthew 5:11-12).

You know what they say, "If the shoe fits." You have basically judged and condemned (at least most) Protestants as not being on the narrow way.
Think. Protestants number close to 800 million to 1 billion. That’s not far behind Catholicism in numbers. In fact, when Jesus spoke of the straight gate (narrow way) He was referring to those who appeared to know Him by calling Him Lord, Lord (See Luke 13:24-25). Protestants I have encountered told me that they can sin and still be saved on some level (Which is also what you teach because of a false interpretation on 1 John 1:8 - which makes an excuse to sin). For I do not agree that a Christian can abide in sin on some level, and still be saved by having a belief alone on Jesus for salvation. There are many warnings against to us believers how sin can destroy our souls (Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15, Matthew 12:37, Matthew 25:31-46, Luke 9:62, 1 Timothy 5:8, Galatians 5:19-21). For you try to convince me that Christians do not have to overcome sin in this life (Which runs contrary to Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, and 2 Corinthians 7:1). Therefore, you believe in disobedience to God as a part of salvation. You fail to understand that the Judgment will be a righteous judgment and not an unrighteous one.

What did Jesus say about Belief Alone Salvationism?

John 3:15 - that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. 18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
This is ripping this passage out of context.
You fail to keep reading to get the whole picture.

John 3:19-21 says:
19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.”

Notice verse 20. It says everyone who does evil hates the light.
So if you are doing evil, then you hate the light (Who is Jesus - John 8:12).
Seeing you defend disobedience to God, this means you really hate the real Jesus of the Bible.

Anyways, the point here is that belief in Jesus includes obeying Him and not doing evil.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.. 47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.
Again, context.
Jesus said, “Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:54).

Skip back to John 4. Jesus says this.

”My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.” (John 6:34).

So the flesh or meat that Jesus is referring to in John 6:54 is doing the will of the Father.

Jesus tells us that not everyone who says unto Him Lord, Lord will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but he that does the will of my Father.
But Jesus will profess that He never knew them because they work iniquity (sin).

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” (Matthew 7:21-23).

This is in context to doing what Jesus says.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matthew 7:26-27).

So everyone who hears the sayings of Jesus and does them not, they will be likened to a fool who built their house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house (Meaning, they will not be saved).

So again, belief in John 6 is in context to our obedience to Jesus. Yes, we need to believe and trust in Him, but this belief also includes that we obey Jesus and not disobey Him.

John 11:25 - Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26 And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
Speaking of the resurrection:

Jesus says in John 5:28-29 that they who have done good shall come forth unto the resurrection of life, and they who have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.” (John 5:28-29).

In Matthew 13:41-42, we learn that Jesus will send forth His angels and gather out of HIS Kingdom all do iniquity (sin) and they will be cast into the furnace of fire (i.e. the Lake of Fire). This is why Jesus said that the slave to sin will not abide in the house forever (John 8:34-35).

You also seem obsessed with indicting others (including myself) as promoting a license to sin.
Yes, because you believe 1 John 1:8 is saying that you will always have sin in your life in some way or that you must sin again in the future at some point and yet you are still saved (When that verses is not teaching that). You also mock the idea of Christians overcoming sin in this life even when the Bible teaches that we are to do that (John 5:14, John 8:11, Galatians 5:24, 1 Peter 4:1-2, 2 Corinthians 7:1).

You even falsely accused me of being a 'different' Mailman Dan on a different Christian forum and never apologized for it.
Well, first it is odd that another Christian online just happened to have your same username that is unique. So it is an honest mistake that I think anyone could easily make. Anyways, generally that’s not like me to not apologize. But things have been crazy busy these last few months because my wife and I have added a another member to our family (By the grace of God and prayer). But if I missed giving you apology on that one, I will do so now.

Dan. I am sorry.
You call that having love for me in Christ? You sure have a strange way of showing it. False accusations are not produced out of love.
It’s not a false accusation to disagree with your belief and stand for the truth of God’s Word.
If I am correct In my interpretation of God’s Word (and I believe am confident that I am), then no false accusation has been made and I am merely siding with what the Bible says.

You have said I am a narcissist when that clearly is not true to anyone who reads my posts and even knows me.
You made a judgment about me personally outside of the Bible without really knowing my life.

I just don't love your false gospel of 'type 2 works salvation.' I actually detest it!.
There is no such thing as “Type 2 Works Salvation” (A term you invented). The gospel calls us to Sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth (Let the good Berean check: 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14, Galatians 6:8-9, Romans 8:13 to see the truth for themselves).

Jesus says,
”But bring here those enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, and slay them before me.’ ”
(Luke 19:27) (NKJV).

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.......spoken like a true Lawyer.....complicating what God has made simple .....the Thief simply Believed that Jesus WAS who He SAID He was......the Thief took God at His Word .....that is what Faith is.....that kind of Faith is what will save anybody .....no need to complicate it with “ dispensations” , etc......Simply Trust Jesus to Save you ( TURN to Him, or “ Repent” as this Thief did) , and you too will join Jesus “ in paradise”.... as I say, let the Legalistic Lawyers argue about whether you had the “ correct” Dispensation or not....Jesus had trouble with these Lawyer-Types in His day also.....
There is not a one salvation fits all package. Babies who die are saved purely by God’s grace even without faith. So yes. A person can be saved by God’s grace through faith without works when they are about to die. The man who is about to die who accepts Jesus does not have the same responsibility in living out his faith as say most Christians do. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required (Luke 12:48). For example: You have to ignore or twist other pieces of Scripture like Galatians 6:8-9, 1 Timmothy 6:12, Romans 8:13 among others.

As for your mention of the word “Lawyer”:

Try reading Luke 10:25-28 sometime.

Jesus was asked by a lawyer what shall he do to inherit eternal life.
Jesus basically asked how does he read the Law (the Scriptures) on that matter.
The lawyer replied, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.” (Luke 10:27).
Now, here is the thing.
You or others like you would be telling this lawyer guy: ”Wrong lawyer! We are only saved by the finished work of Christ!”
But is that similar to what Jesus said? Not even close.
Jesus said, “Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.” (Luke 10:28).
Jesus said if we do not receive His words, they will judge us on the last day (John 12:48).
In short, if you accept the words of Jesus, you don’t really believe Jesus and a person who does not believe Jesus is not going to make it into God’s Kingdom when they die.

Last edited:

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fail to understand that the Judgment will be a righteous judgment and not an unrighteous one.

True.....what you fail to see is that the Standard for receiving Eternal Life is Indeed “ Righteousness” , and if that Righteousness did not equal Perfection 24/7 for your Entire Life you will find yourself Falling Short and you will get that Judgement that you are eager for, because in your self- Righteousness, you think your pitiful Performance somehow “ made the grade”..... You will be a part of that Deceived crowd ready to tell God—- “ Lord! Lord! Look what “ I “ did ! Give me what I deserve !” And God will go along with your wishes—- He will truly give you what you deserve—- Hell.

As for me? I have enough sense and insight to realize that I sin every hour of every day and if not in deeds, at least in thoughts, and my only hope is the Grace and Mercy and the Forgiveness Of God and the “ IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS” That has become my “ Free Gift” Simply because I have Trusted the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 to the point if RESTING in it......

Nothing has changed over time—- “ Abraham BELIEVED God and it was COUNTED TO HIM as Righteousness”...... ......you had better abandon your delusions of SELF Righteousness and Cling to the “ ONLY “ Righteousness” That can ever get You or anybody else Saved—-the Righteousness GIVEN ( not earned) by those that Trust Jesus and Him Alone to Save them.....

Newbies , please take note—- you can Never be “ Worthy” Of Salvation.....you can Never reach God’s Standard if you choose to take the” Performance Route” to get yourself Justified before a Holy God.....what you CAN do is let yourself be “ MADE “ Worthy by putting your Faith in the Blood Of The Lamb....Faith and Faith Alone is your ONLY option.Why? Because , “ By The Works Of The Law ( or by trying to be “ good enough” ) NO FLESH will be Justified”...... “The RIGHTEOUS shall Live by Faith”...... May God bless you in the understanding of these things....

Reactions: mailmandan

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thief on the cross died under the New Covenant dispensation.
Prove it.
Prove he was not baptized by John the Baptist.
Also repentance does not nullify Gods grace
The had had to repent of his stealing otherwise God saved the thief by disobedience

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anything short of living a sinless, perfect life 100% of the time means that we won't be saved? Do you claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived?) Those who believe they do are suffering from a terminal case of self righteousness. (1 John 1:8-10)
Christians are in a Sanctification Process (2 Corinthians 7:1). But they need to die in a righteous state (Which is doing the will of God - 1 Thessalonians 4:3). For Hebrews 10:36 says, “For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.” 1 Timothy 6:12 says fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on eternal life.

Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: (sound familiar?) 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Not at all. I don’t trust in myself. That is where you do error. I am merely following what God says in His Word.
In Luke 18:9-14, the Pharisee did not trust in God’s grace like the Tax Collector did. I believe in being saved by God’s grace unlike him.
I also believe all good works that a believer does is the Lord doing the good work through the believer. For Jesus says you can do nothing without Him. So again… this is not the same situation as the Pharisee. Plus, Romans 3:27 basically says boasting is excluded when it comes to the Law of faith. Why? Because you cannot boast in what God is telling you to do by faith. Boasting is only your own man made works that God did not tell you to do.

Danthemailman has ears to hear more than you think. Do you also claim to live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived?) The gospel is the "good news" of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who BELIEVES.. (Romans 1:16) To "believe" the gospel is to trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-SUFFICIENT means of our salvation.

We obey the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel. Romans 10:16 - But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” If you don't believe the gospel then you are living in disobedience to God no matter how much so called obedience that you attempt to conjure up through the flesh in a vain effort to obtain salvation by works.
You have to obey the call of the gospel which is in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14. If not, your not going to make it.
For without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (See: Hebrews 12:14).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You fail to understand that the Judgment will be a righteous judgment and not an unrighteous one.

True.....what you fail to see is that the Standard for receiving Eternal Life is Indeed “ Righteousness” , and if that Righteousness did not equal Perfection 24/7 for your Entire Life you will find yourself Falling Short and you will get that Judgement that you are eager for, because in your self- Righteousness, you think your pitiful Performance somehow “ made the grade”..... You will be a part of that Deceived crowd ready to tell God—- “ Lord! Lord! Look what “ I “ did ! Give me what I deserve !” And God will go along with your wishes—- He will truly give you what you deserve—- Hell.

As for me? I have enough sense and insight to realize that I sin every hour of every day and if not in deeds, at least in thoughts, and my only hope is the Grace and Mercy and the Forgiveness Of God and the “ IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS” That has become my “ Free Gift” Simply because I have Trusted the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 to the point if RESTING in it......

Nothing has changed over time—- “ Abraham BELIEVED God and it was COUNTED TO HIM as Righteousness”...... ......you had better abandon your delusions of SELF Righteousness and Cling to the “ ONLY “ Righteousness” That can ever get You or anybody else Saved—-the Righteousness GIVEN ( not earned) by those that Trust Jesus and Him Alone to Save them.....

Newbies , please take note—- you can Never be “ Worthy” Of Salvation.....you can Never reach God’s Standard if you choose to take the” Performance Route” to get yourself Justified before a Holy God.....what you CAN do is let yourself be “ MADE “ Worthy by putting your Faith in the Blood Of The Lamb....Faith and Faith Alone is your ONLY option.Why? Because , “ By The Works Of The Law ( or by trying to be “ good enough” ) NO FLESH will be Justified”...... “The RIGHTEOUS shall Live by Faith”...... May God bless you in the understanding of these things....
It is true we need to first believe in Jesus for salvation and trust that He died for our sins, He was buried, and risen the third day.
God can impute righteousness without works when we are first saved by God’s grace in coming to the LORD.
But after we are saved by God’s grace, you need to also believe 1 John 1:7. It says if we walk in the light… the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin. By the indirect wording in 1 John 2:9-11, we learn that walking in the light = Loving your brother. So if you don’t love your brother, then the blood of Jesus will not continue to cleanse you of your sins. This is confirmed by 1 John 3:10, 1 John 3:15, etcetera.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove it.
Prove he was not baptized by John the Baptist.
John’s baptism did not apply for the New Covenant. We see that those who were baptized with John’s baptism had to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus and receive the Spirit. See Acts 19:1-7.

Also repentance does not nullify Gods grace
The had had to repent of his stealing otherwise God saved the thief by disobedience
Jesus died before the two thieves died.

Luke 19:33
”But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:”

This proves that when the good thief died, He was entering into the New Covenant.
For Jesus’ death began the New Covenant.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John’s baptism did not apply for the New Covenant.
We see that they had to be re-baptized in the name of Jesus and receive the Spirit. See Acts 19:1-7.

Jesus died before the two thieves died.

Luke 19:33
”But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:”

This proves that when the good thief died, He was entering into the New Covenant.
For Jesus’ death began the New Covenant.

This may be a first, BH, but I agree. The veil in the temple was split into at the death of Christ,

The debt was paid, the separation between God and man was over.

The New Covenant began.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may be a first, BH, but I agree. The veil in the temple was split into at the death of Christ,

The debt was paid, the separation between God and man was over.

The New Covenant began.
I am glad we can agree that the New Covenant began with Christ’s death.

Blessings be unto you in the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie24