The Proof of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not sure what you are saying.

Are you saying that the word of God and that particular parable, though it may appear to be about the King of kings, was hijacked by Satan, etc.? Or what exactly?

In both of the parables Jesus is speaking about Satan and his plans during the first 1,000 years of the establishment of the Everlasting Kingdom of God.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, I don't know why you would say such a thing. But, what does that have to do with our discussion?

Not enough information to understand what you are actually attempting to say here Scott. Perhaps you would like to explain what it is that you are attempting to say.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not enough information to understand what you are actually attempting to say here Scott. Perhaps you would like to explain what it is that you are attempting to say.
No, this is the result of you interjecting your ideas Jesus' parables being about Satan, without a full explanation. So, if you wish to make your point, please explain, or drop it.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scott, In response to the quote below: -

Then you have learned very little.

Did not Jesus explain His parables? Did God not say that this is the means by which He would speak? Of course both are true, but you have not heard or taken it to heart, and now you argue against their explanations, and have the wrong idea.

When and if you are willing to listen (and take to heart), the object of all parables (the means by which God speaks) is never the subject - never. So...all of these things you have been reading are mostly not about what you think. You have been taking things at face value, which has no value except to aid the children of God in their time of tribulation and to confound the wicked, but otherwise offers no profit, unless you get off the object and see what is written for the subject (which, again, is never the same).

If you want the truth from God, you are going to have to go back and read it all again...in a new light, not in the darkness of the worldly object therein.

But, don't misunderstand, I am not advocating "private spiritual revelation." Not even. No, on the contrary...by reading the word of God at face value and only considering the object of what is written - that is what you are doing...and I am just trying to show you there is also a subject to what is written that is not apparent to the worldly way of thinking, that must be spiritually discerned, or in the case of Jesus and the parables, must be explained - even to the apostles, which you would gladly quote without realizing that it all had to be explained to them too - because even they could not understand at face value.

I posed this question for you to answer: -

Scott, who has the lead role in the Parables of the Minas and the Talents?

To which you responded with:-

The king.

To which I responded with: -

But who do you understand that king to be because your two word answer provides no answer at all. It avoids the truth and is not supported by your spiritualising.

And to which you posted the following response: -

Okay, I will play along...although your supposition is incorrect.

Jesus

And I responded with: -

Thank you ScottA, based on the assumption that you have provided a straight answer.

The spiritualisation of these two parables has been orchestrated by Satan to hide the fact that Jesus in telling these two parables about what Satan will put in place during the first 1,000 years of the establishment of the Everlast Kingdom of God.

Your last response if it was an honest response on your part shows your true character.

Scott, you then responded with:-

I am not sure what you are saying.

Are you saying that the word of God and that particular parable, though it may appear to be about the King of kings, was hijacked by Satan, etc.? Or what exactly?

I responded by posting:-

In both of the parables Jesus is speaking about Satan and his plans during the first 1,000 years of the establishment of the Everlasting Kingdom of God.

To which you, Scott, came back with:-

No, this is the result of you interjecting your ideas Jesus' parables being about Satan, without a full explanation. So, if you wish to make your point, please explain, or drop it.

Please Scott, it is you who is not wanting to answer any questions honestly. You are vague, and elusive with what you say within your posts. An excellent example is your last post: - I initially asked you to provide your understanding of the following: - “Scott, who has the lead role in the Parables of the Minas and the Talents?” and you post then post this, “No, this is the result of you interjecting your ideas Jesus' parables being about Satan, without a full explanation.”, which suggests that I am saying that all of the parables that Jesus told were about Satan when in fact I only referenced two specific parable in my initial question of you.

This is a false argument Scott and you know it.

Unless you can be completely honest with others on this forum, then you will become irrelevant and no one with take any notice of you.

The only honest answer to my initial question to you is Satan. But if you want the lead role to be Jesus’ then be my guest and confirm that you have a very flawed understanding of these two parables, about the same subject matter and therefore no understanding.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, In response to the quote below: -

I posed this question for you to answer: -

To which you responded with:-

To which I responded with: -

And to which you posted the following response: -

And I responded with: -

Scott, you then responded with:-

I responded by posting:-

To which you, Scott, came back with:-

Please Scott, it is you who is not wanting to answer any questions honestly. You are vague, and elusive with what you say within your posts. An excellent example is your last post: - I initially asked you to provide your understanding of the following: - “Scott, who has the lead role in the Parables of the Minas and the Talents?” and you post then post this, “No, this is the result of you interjecting your ideas Jesus' parables being about Satan, without a full explanation.”, which suggests that I am saying that all of the parables that Jesus told were about Satan when in fact I only referenced two specific parable in my initial question of you.

This is a false argument Scott and you know it.

Unless you can be completely honest with others on this forum, then you will become irrelevant and no one with take any notice of you.

The only honest answer to my initial question to you is Satan. But if you want the lead role to be Jesus’ then be my guest and confirm that you have a very flawed understanding of these two parables, about the same subject matter and therefore no understanding.

Shalom
You think I am here to get noticed?

In any case, you are off topic...which I wouldn't mind if you actually explained your claim. But now, because you have not explained, and have been acting out and carrying on with some vendetta...I retract, and say, no thank you to your dialog...what ever it is.

Stop bothering me.

Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You think I am here to get noticed?

In any case, you are off topic...which I wouldn't mind if you actually explained your claim. But now, because you have not explained, and have been acting out and carrying on with some vendetta...I retract, and say, no thank you to your dialog...what ever it is.

Stop bothering me.

Scott I was trying to discern spiritually your abilities to spiritually discern the words of God and Christ.

The above posts are typical of your manner in posting. Your reluctances in providing straight answer tells me that your claims of being a spiritually discerning person concerning the words of God is a lie and a fabrication to support your own feelings and needs of your own self importance on this forum.

It is you who should stop bothering other people with your misleading words that are only fit for the rubbish tip..

Good day to you sir

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott I was trying to discern spiritually your abilities to spiritually discern the words of God and Christ.

The above posts are typical of your manner in posting. Your reluctances in providing straight answer tells me that your claims of being a spiritually discerning person concerning the words of God is a lie and a fabrication to support your own feelings and needs of your own self importance on this forum.

It is you who should stop bothering other people with your misleading words that are only fit for the rubbish tip..

Good day to you sir
A rant of judgement, is a judgement of self.

Perhaps a cup of tea would help.

Reactions: Helen

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A rant of judgement, is a judgement of self.

Perhaps a cup of tea would help.

I agree Scott, but I do not drink tea, a stiff drink might be more appropriate. I have recognised over the time that I have been posting on this forum that you are well practiced at putting other people down, and your continuation of this conversation tells me that you cannot let a conversation go even after telling people to stop bothering you. Perhaps you should heed your own words of "wisdom," without continuing with your snide comments of point scoring.

Have a good day sir.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree Scott, but I do not drink tea, a stiff drink might be more appropriate. I have recognised over the time that I have been posting on this forum that you are well practiced at putting other people down, and your continuation of this conversation tells me that you cannot let a conversation go even after telling people to stop bothering you. Perhaps you should heed your own words of "wisdom," without continuing with your snide comments of point scoring.

Have a good day sir.
Burning coals.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Burning coals.

That really is a blessing.
Our old pastor taught us that heap burning coals, as a kind of revenge.

Only years later , when reading about customs of the East...I learned that without someone 'heaping burning coals ' in a container on your head..your fire could not be re-lite .
If you need burning coals from your neighbour, you own fires had gone out. No warmth, no hot food.
It was an act of kindness to share you burning coals with those who needed fire. :)