The race is not to the swift,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Look also at what the Psalms say with regard to wings and feathers. I selected only a few, but there are many more throughout scripture:

"Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings," Psalm 17:8

"And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind." Psalm 18:10 [This one brings us back again also to ruach or the wind, which is also relates to the spirit or Spirit.]

"He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler." Psalm 91:4

We can search and research all of these and find answers and questions. What is it God wants to tell us?
these are the same words used for "breath" also, pretty sure; and the only way you could give me your word is in person, with breath, otherwise i would have to qualify it if i were to tell someone else you had given me your word, right. Iow you might say "i give you my word" here, in a post, but if i told someone else that you gave me your word, i would have to add that i did not actually hear you say it, if i were being completely honest. Iow a cop would laugh at the assertion that you could give me your word in a post, for obvious reasons

but those who trust in the LORD will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.

31but those who trust in the LORD

will renew their strength;ax

they will soar on wings like eagles;ay

they will run and not grow weary;

they will walk and not faint.

oh, i get it lol. finally figured the link thing out, duh

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these are the same words used for "breath" also, pretty sure; and the only way you could give me your word is in person, with breath, otherwise i would have to qualify it if i were to tell someone else you had given me your word, right. Iow you might say "i give you my word" here, in a post, but if i told someone else that you gave me your word, i would have to add that i did not actually hear you say it, if i were being completely honest. Iow a cop would laugh at the assertion that you could give me your word in a post, for obvious reasons
Strange that you would use the cop example here. The question is in these matters, Who is the cop? Really I do not usually purposely lie to people, but it does happen. All of holding wrong beliefs are likely to lie unknowingly until and if they correct the wrong beliefs. But... then again what law is it that says, "ignorance is no excuse"?
but those who trust in the LORD will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.

31but those who trust in the LORD

will renew their strength;ax

they will soar on wings like eagles;ay

they will run and not grow weary;

they will walk and not faint.

oh, i get it lol. finally figured the link thing out, duh

When we know all about the feathers, eagles, wings, wind, breath, spirit and running without getting tired, will we then know exactly where we are and why?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Strange that you would use the cop example here. The question is in these matters, Who is the cop?
ah, the point being that a cop understands that your wife or kid could possibly have commandeered your pc, and wishes to pretend they are you for some reason, or your account could get hijacked, etc. You cannot effectively give me yuor word in this venue, iow, in print.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, the point being that a cop understands that your wife or kid could possibly have commandeered your pc, and wishes to pretend they are you for some reason, or your account could get hijacked, etc. You cannot effectively give me yuor word in this venue, iow, in print.
Amen!

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@bbyrd009

Amadeus said: All of holding wrong beliefs are likely to lie unknowingly until and if they correct the wrong beliefs.
bbyrd009 said: hmm, could you rephrase this? ty

If we believe something and act like we believe it is true and speak like we like believe it is true, but it turns out to really be a lie, then were we not lying? How many are still lying due to ignorance.

In the scripture ignorance is in the long run no excuse. In the OT we can read where atonement was always available for sins committed ignorance once the facts became known. Ultimately the same things applies in the NT. God has mercy, but there is a limit to His mercy.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nowadays i would say no, actually, as lying just has too many shades of intentional
Technically we were still lying. This is why the scripture says, I believe, that every man is a liar. Undoubtedly there are shades of intentional, but God knows all about those better than we do. That is why we cannot be the final judges on such things, at least we cannot until or if we get a lot closer to where God is.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word:
But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.
Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it" Numbers 14:20-23

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
il_fullxfull.908216253_w9gv.jpg

be back for those later :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

@amadeus said
But there is a limit to His Mercy
Sorry John....I am with bbyrd on this one... :)
  1. He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
    He sendeth more strength when the labors increase;
    To added afflictions He addeth His mercy,
    To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.
  2. When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
    When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
    When we reach the end of our hoarded resources
    Our Father’s full giving is only begun.
  3. Fear not that thy need shall exceed His provision,
    Our God ever yearns His resources to share;
    Lean hard on the arm everlasting, availing;
    The Father both thee and thy load will upbear.
  4. His love has no limits, His grace has no measure,
    His power no boundary known unto men;
    For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
    He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
xx

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's mercy is limited when we limit Him. If we do not limit Him then there is no limit. Those children of Jacob in Numbers 10 reached the limit of God's mercy because they limited Him:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41

God has never changed so we also when we limit Him can also reach the end of His mercy toward us. Is this not what happens when a person resists God repeatedly until his appointed time here in the flesh is ended?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus
mmmmmmm I will have to muse on that John...not totally convinced.
I don't ever like mixing the Covenants , can you come at the subject from the NC? Thanks.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus
mmmmmmm I will have to muse on that John...not totally convinced.
I don't ever like mixing the Covenants , can you come at the subject from the NC? Thanks.
Very simply, Helen, has God ever changed? If it was ever possible for many to limit Him , how would that have changed. We are all descendants of Adam and Eve, no matter which covenant we were under.

Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Jas 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Then again, did man not always have a choice to obey or disobey God? When we disobey God do we not limit His ability to help us? Can He or will He force us to obey Him?

God is limited by His own Word. What He has spoken will accomplish what He intended. Can He change what He already limited by what He said?

Is not the following verse saying that?

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18

When a person has not believed in the "name of the only begotten Son of God" is he not condemned? Only he can change that by believing. God has limited Himself by His own Word, or...?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus Thanks...chewing on it...not convinced enough yet. :)
New Years hugs to you and Kathy May health and blessing be the portion upon your house for 2018. Thank you for all the good fellowship over the years..long may it continue. x

Reactions: amadeus