The race is not to the swift,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You certainly can interpret it that way. But when you die...you will see that it is not the world that has passed away, but that prison within you called the world...where you have done...your time. That heaven and earth will surely pass. But it is also the ground you stand upon, and the new heaven and the new earth are [as God] spirit.
0q8xQ6s.jpg

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Thanks...chewing on it...not convinced enough yet. :)
New Years hugs to you and Kathy May health and blessing be the portion upon your house for 2018. Thank you for all the good fellowship over the years..long may it continue. x
Thanks Helen! Give God the glory! May He keep you in blessings in 2018!

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"And the LORD said, I have pardoned according to thy word:
But as truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the LORD.
Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it" Numbers 14:20-23
well, imo again here--as at the Ejection from 'Paradise'--God is characterized as doing something specific, God has been personified to illustrate a principle there imo, and while you might infer some action on God's part there, i submit that you won't see Paradise if you do this is really the most active part of the sentence, regardless of how literally you take that even. After all what has God really declared there? "I swear that you won't see."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, imo again here--as at the Ejection from 'Paradise'--God is characterized as doing something specific, God has been personified to illustrate a principle there imo, and while you might infer some action on God's part there, i submit that you won't see Paradise if you do this is really the most active part of the sentence, regardless of how literally you take that even. After all what has God really declared there? "I swear that you won't see."
I agree that God did not declare, but the effect was the end of mercy for them. He would forgive them no more for their rebellions. They were barred from entrance into the Promised Land. Was this for them not the end of mercy? My point is simply that God Himself does not change. In the NT as I indicated on post #79 God in effect does the same thing. He shows no mercy because a person has cut himself off from God's mercy. The person has limited God which includes God's mercy.

King David was repeatedly a recipient of God's mercy. King Saul was finally rejected by God because he repeated refused to admit without pressure that he was wrong. David still embraced God even when expecting chastisement. Saul initially denied his error but after his rejection he was more concerned with pleasing men than in pleasing God:

"Then he said, I have sinned: yet honour me now, I pray thee, before the elders of my people, and before Israel, and turn again with me, that I may worship the LORD thy God." I Sam 15:30

His repeatedly put the wrong things first and finally he had moved himself away from God and God's mercy. People still do the same thing to God today.

How much is our birthright [the new birth] worth to us?

"Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright." Heb 12:16

Reactions: bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, the way we establish truth? or i mean not the way we do it lol the right way?
i mean i aready asked for vv or links, those could be two, but i got none, and i'm only looking for one right now
Aaah, you mean: “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established?

(That's for accusations)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Aaah, you mean: “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established?

(That's for accusations)
so you say, but word is truth, truth is established the same way whether an accusation has been made or not.
Or i mean, i accuse you of not telling the truth. there, you stand accused lol. for effect only tho, see

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say, but word is truth, truth is established the same way whether an accusation has been made or not.
Or i mean, i accuse you of not telling the truth. there, you stand accused lol. for effect only tho, see
This matter has been judged already, therefore, I said accusation. But if you want a second witness, how is it that you do not see that you have your second witness? Have I not also witnessed what has been witnessed before by Another?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Have I not also witnessed what has been witnessed before by Another?
nope, and if you cannot quote vv of the Book, produce a link from others espousing your same model, or produce those people, and they do not show up here on their own or whatever, you got no witness, which is where you currently stand, right? no one else is agreeing with you, and no Bible has been opened throughout our whole discussion, see

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope, and if you cannot quote vv of the Book, produce a link from others espousing your same model, or produce those people, and they do not show up here on their own or whatever, you got no witness, which is where you currently stand, right? no one else is agreeing with you, and no Bible has been opened throughout our whole discussion, see
I have quoted all these to you, which you should have yielded to with just one: "Today."

But if you will not hear it, it is because you cannot.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have quoted all these to you, which you should have yielded to with just one: "Today."

But if you will not hear it, it is because you cannot.
yes, you dictated some interpretations to me, and included little snippets of Scripture where it suited you, but you have hardly quoted--you have not quoted, in fact, not once--a single verse of Scripture for us to consider, and being a god, i know, ok, see we are to be "like gods." that should serve you, right, since i can pull that tiny little phrase out of Scripture; emphasis on the "out" part.

it is not out of line to ask you to establish the truth of this matter in the mouths of a couple witnesses, see; now, if you can start over and build your case from the Book, we will see quick enough, or if you can witness the fruit we could even determine from that, but you cannot do any of these things, at least apparently

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, you dictated some interpretations to me, and included little snippets of Scripture where it suited you, but you have hardly quoted--you have not quoted, in fact, not once--a single verse of Scripture for us to consider, and being a god, i know, ok, see we are to be "like gods." that should serve you, right, since i can pull that tiny little phrase out of Scripture; emphasis on the "out" part.

it is not out of line to ask you to establish the truth of this matter in the mouths of a couple witnesses, see; now, if you can start over and build your case from the Book, we will see quick enough, or if you can witness the fruit we could even determine from that, but you cannot do any of these things, at least apparently
No, you are under the wrong impression. Even Jesus quoted very little compared with all He said that was perceived as new but was not.

So, again, I appeal rather to your reason and to your own interpretation: Tell me that all that is written does not point to Christ, and that all of time is not His story and revelation, and that He has not summarized for you, that it all boils down to "Today."

As for God and all that is not of the world: Tell me that God has described His reality as all that He was, all that He is, and all that He will be...rather than "I am", which gives no evidence of eternal "time."

And of the creation of the world and all we know: Tell me that time was not part of all that was created, and that there is no end of it, just as there was a beginning.

How then, do you interpret these things...as those who died without knowing, as those who served God and then crucified His Son, or those who were presented with Peter the screw up or Paul whose only saving was grace who also sat, walked with the Lord, and were visited by Him as He explained the kingdom and were also presented with the very means that Peter received the knowledge of who Christ was by the spirit of God, that this is the means by which Christ would build His church - somehow did not convey the message as Christ preached it, as "Today", only to leave the Holy Spirit to appeal to the centuries and to the nations who did not know Him?

I am here to tell you - comprehension has fail not only you, but every reader of the scriptures. Nonetheless, this too I have explained, that like Israel, the church has come under a similar blindness until the times of the gentiles are fulfilled, which now is upon us. This is the time of the sounding of the seventh angel.

I have said enough.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have said enough.
if that amounts to "i need no Scriptures and have no witnesses here, nor can i point you to any other witnesses," then i have too
"This is the third time I am coming to you: By the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. "

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if that amounts to "i need no Scriptures and have no witnesses here, nor can i point you to any other witnesses," then i have too
"This is the third time I am coming to you: By the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established. "
I was referring to what I had just posted in explanation - it's enough. I have explained. I have countered your arguments. I have quoted scripture. I have explained that my witness is the second witness, that you should not expect another. I have declared my authority to do so. And it is enough.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I was referring to what I had just posted in explanation - it's enough. I have explained. I have countered your arguments.
you have not brought witnesses, and neither have any appeared. You are certainly invited to post some now, i would love this myself

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have explained that my witness is the second witness, that you should not expect another.
ya, it doesn't work like that, sorry. Truth is established in the mouth of two or three witnesses, and you are not in the position of witness here, but defendant. If you like, i will take the box, and you can cross me, but first i would need a practical statement from you on your position--as i am not yet aware of exactly what it is--in order to take the other side

libertinism? defeatism? enlightenment? who knows?

Last edited: