The race is not to the swift,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imagine replying to the part that matters, part A, and disregarding the part that answering part A would render moot
You're not making this easy. I will have to assume that the "A" part is about bearing fruit then. Which I can do...but that is like talking about a details of quarter used to make an important phone call, instead of talking about the phone call.

Okay, then. I did address the fruit. It is the knowledge that means you will not be waking up after you are dead into a reality you would allow yourself to comprehend because it did not pass the terms of worldly knowledge. But to be perfectly honest, its more of a burden...like going around with a basket of fruit and offering to share the fruit with others and not getting any takers from people who are staving and don't even know why.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No again, hmm. Job repented of his speech, how do you know

hey "the bed is too short, and the blanket is too small" too lol, these are not true, they are our false perceptions, Scott.
You make the ground cursed is likely a better interp there, you curse the ground, so cursed for you it is
Hmmm... Now you are making things up, interpreting and seeing things the way you want to, and comparing men's complaining with the clear judgement and declaration from God.

Job did repent, but had not sinned according to God.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hmmm... Now you are making things up, interpreting and seeing things the way you want to, and comparing men's complaining with the clear judgement and declaration from God.
ah well i may have gone out on a limb myself, yes, but we should maybe consider a couple things here, one being that i have no idea what things these even are yet, i just kind of wing it as i go, and i don't know why ppl ever take me seriously tbh, i'm quite often confronted with this actually, but anyway let's see those who say that the bed is too narrow/blanket is too short is also God's judgement, i guess they are out there too, not gonna bother finding them this morning unless someone asks, but also we got I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's ... should be considered here imo, plus

"Thus, what we see is that God did not curse them—they cursed themselves! Because of sin's predictable course, God merely voices the consequences of their actions in prophetic terms."
"...In God's curse, one three-word phrase makes all the difference: 'for your sake.'"
and there's some other meat in there too, ty Mr Ritenbaugh
Curse on Ground (Forerunner Commentary)

so it's weird, i'm not sure how to comment any further or if i even should, bc you're right i just made that up yesterday, on the spot, never thought about the v before, and may not ever again, although i doubt that bc God seems to have a way of...well, nevermind that part either, but what i really wanna say is you look marvelous, Scotty, you can't fake peaceful, and all i see is maybe the slightest bit of concern around the eyes, mostly hidden by the squint, first impression i got was "now here is a guy with no daughters" lol, but i hope you grasp the service Mr R has done for me, guess i owe him a beer, and for now wadr i hope you understand that i'm gonna keep making things up

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Job did repent, but had not sinned according to God.
ha well so you say, i grant you that God seems to contradict Job's confession huh. Things are just hardly ever what they seem, i guess, in life as well as in Scripture, we'll see.

Why was Job punished then, you think? (Not our Job, we got the reason for that written down in a Book now too i guess)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well i may have gone out on a limb myself, yes, but we should maybe consider a couple things here, one being that i have no idea what things these even are yet, i just kind of wing it as i go, and i don't know why ppl ever take me seriously tbh, i'm quite often confronted with this actually, but anyway let's see those who say that the bed is too narrow/blanket is too short is also God's judgement, i guess they are out there too, not gonna bother finding them this morning unless someone asks, but also we got I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's ... should be considered here imo, plus

"Thus, what we see is that God did not curse them—they cursed themselves! Because of sin's predictable course, God merely voices the consequences of their actions in prophetic terms."
"...In God's curse, one three-word phrase makes all the difference: 'for your sake.'"
and there's some other meat in there too, ty Mr Ritenbaugh
Curse on Ground (Forerunner Commentary)

so it's weird, i'm not sure how to comment any further or if i even should, bc you're right i just made that up yesterday, on the spot, never thought about the v before, and may not ever again, although i doubt that bc God seems to have a way of...well, nevermind that part either, but what i really wanna say is you look marvelous, Scotty, you can't fake peaceful, and all i see is maybe the slightest bit of concern around the eyes, mostly hidden by the squint, first impression i got was "now here is a guy with no daughters" lol, but i hope you grasp the service Mr R has done for me, guess i owe him a beer, and for now wadr i hope you understand that i'm gonna keep making things up
All is well. Thanks for explaining, and your comments.

I actually have two daughters, one by blood, one by marriage, which makes me all the more blessed. A beer sounds good :)

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well so you say, i grant you that God seems to contradict Job's confession huh. Things are just hardly ever what they seem, i guess, in life as well as in Scripture, we'll see.

Why was Job punished then, you think? (Not our Job, we got the reason for that written down in a Book now too i guess)
God dealt with Job by what was in his heart, which was the result of pain and sorrow. The punishment was not punishment, but allowed within the bounds of death, which is the fate of all. Nonetheless, God also blessed him greatly.

Reactions: mjrhealth and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God dealt with Job by what was in his heart, which was the result of pain and sorrow. The punishment was not punishment, but allowed within the bounds of death, which is the fate of all. Nonetheless, God also blessed him greatly.
the man's "wife" and 'children" all died lol, and you already said God did not account any apparent sin to him; both times he confessed?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the man's "wife" and 'children" all died lol, and you already said God did not account any apparent sin to him; both times he confessed?
All die. Job's wife and children's deaths are not punishment for or because of him, but for original sin, where it is appoint once for all to die.

We all also have plenty to confess, even if God does not account certain things against us...which is the case with Job. It is good to confess in times of trouble...even if it is unrelated. Having brought us to our knees, God is there to hear all confessions, not just those directly related to the present circumstance.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All die. Job's wife and children's deaths are not punishment for or because of him, but for original sin, where it is appoint once for all to die.

We all also have plenty to confess, even if God does not account certain things against us...which is the case with Job. It is good to confess in times of trouble...even if it is unrelated. Having brought us to our knees, God is there to hear all confessions, not just those directly related to the present circumstance.
nice, i would highly recommend always confessing to a person, even a stranger, even a priest if that suits, as a last resort only of course, but i am with you on this essentially.

So, if Job confessed twice--not our Job, but anyway--and God not only did not acknowledge but apparently refuted his confession (both times? i was hoping you would go look lol, now i gotta), what then was Job's sin?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Job 7:20 I have sinned; what shall I do to you, O you preserver of men?

ok, three times, ha i always knew there should be 3, this v is often preceded by an "If," so i had to go KJV here

21Why not forgive my sin and pardon my transgression? For soon I will lie down in the grave. You will eagerly seek me, but I will be gone.

ha, where are all the literalists now, at this third sentence, huh

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
the man's "wife" and 'children" all died lol,

Tut tut...Job's wife did not die...How could she have said " Curse God and die" if she was dead? :)
And..I have always felt sorry for her, poor woman...Maybe God made her sufferer because she had said "curse God and die"...anyway, the poor thing had a load more children!! God gave back to Job what he had lost...but it was SHE who had to birth them all!! :eek: o_O
I only had two of them..and that was enough "experience" for me! :rolleyes:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God is not bound by time, but at the same time God is conscious of time, which is inherent in sowing/reaping. God is in now the same way a dog is, yet He is also conscious of sowing/reaping in a way that dog is not, and see what your model does to this

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not bound by time, but at the same time God is conscious of time, which is inherent in sowing/reaping. God is in now the same way a dog is, yet He is also conscious of sowing/reaping in a way that dog is not, and see what your model does to this
No, you can't use an analogy that places God in His own creation in the way that you have. Yes, a man is in his work, an musician is in his music, etc. but only in spirit, only as an extension of himself - but it is not him. At best, all the world, including time, is...a "dim" "image" of what God has made known...and yet there is that part of God that is unknown, and not a part of "now" at all.

All of creation simply paints a picture and tells a story, according to God, who is otherwise unseen. But, right along with the good is the evil...which speaks not of God's character, but of what He is doing (or has done).

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, you can't use an analogy that places God in His own creation in the way that you have.
so you say
Yes, a man is in his work, an musician is in his music, etc. but only in spirit, only as an extension of himself
ha, listen to yuorself now; isn't God Spirit?
but it is not him.
that is your perspective, but that may not be God's perspective
At best, all the world, including time, is...a "dim" "image" of what God has made known...
hmm, the world is passing away, so nevermind the world imo. Ppl make "the world," society, which is on the earth, that God created. our perspective is dim right now, but you have dismissed creation as the facsimile, when this is only bc you desire this, not bc you have any support for it. The Kingdom of Heaven is right beside you
and yet there is that part of God that is unknown, and not a part of "now" at all.
and?

(and if you got any support for these, in situ would be the place to put them k)
bc see right now we are strictly jer...playing around in the Philosophy Corner, ok
All of creation simply paints a picture and tells a story, according to God, who is otherwise unseen. But, right along with the good is the evil...which speaks not of God's character
I create evil; I, the Lord, do all these things.
but of what He is doing (or has done).
What God has done will result in what God is doing, God is Creator, that is what God does, right. God has sown, and God will reap, too

imo

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you say
ha, listen to yuorself now; isn't God Spirit?

that is your perspective, but that may not be God's perspective
hmm, the world is passing away, so nevermind the world imo. Ppl make "the world," society, which is on the earth, that God created. our perspective is dim right now, but you have dismissed creation as the facsimile, when this is only bc you desire this, not bc you have any support for it. The Kingdom of Heaven is right beside you
and?

(and if you got any support for these, in situ would be the place to put them k)
bc see right now we are strictly jer...playing around in the Philosophy Corner, ok

I create evil; I, the Lord, do all these things.

What God has done will result in what God is doing, God is Creator, that is what God does, right. God has sown, and God will reap, too

imo
God is both in the pot and in the kitchen, but what He is doing will come to an end as He has stated, and then it is just Him and those who enter into His presence, which is not of the world.

But I am not playing around in the Philosophy Corner, but declaring the truth from God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... isn't God Spirit?
Yes, indeed, you have asked the question, but what is that: breath, wind, Holy Ghost, ruach? If we even have an idea, how could we express it in words that everyone else could understand? How could @ScottA , and how could @bbyrd009 , and how could I, and how could any man? But all of us keep trying and depending on our purpose and God's will in the matter sometimes He gives each of answer or another question or...?

"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable." Psalm 145:3

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts" Isaiah 55:8-9

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, indeed, you have asked the question, but what is that: breath, wind, Holy Ghost, ruach? If we even have an idea, how could we express it in words that everyone else could understand?
ha, i am struck here by some reading i was doing last night, about feathers, and our common Lex of feathery which now means like "weak, insubstantial," now; this is not what an Israelite would have described at all i guess

"The adjective אביר ('abbir) literally means feathery, which obviously means something else in English than in Hebrew. In Hebrew this word reflects the rigidity and resilience of a flight-feather as well as the protective qualities of the feather and its ability to spirit the bearer and possible guests to safety. This word frequently appears in military contexts (mighty-ones; Job 24:22, Jeremiah 46:15, Lamentations 1:15), and here at AbarimPublications we wonder whether it perhaps also served as generic term for a type of soldier, comparable to David's "mighty-men" (which is a different word, from גבר, geber).

Most strikingly, this word is also used as a personal name of God, namely Abir, meaning..."

אבר | Abarim Publications Theological Dictionary (Old Testament Hebrew)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, i am struck here by some reading i was doing last night, about feathers, and our common Lex of feathery which now means like "weak, insubstantial," now; this is not what an Israelite would have described at all i guess

"The adjective אביר ('abbir) literally means feathery, which obviously means something else in English than in Hebrew. In Hebrew this word reflects the rigidity and resilience of a flight-feather as well as the protective qualities of the feather and its ability to spirit the bearer and possible guests to safety. This word frequently appears in military contexts (mighty-ones; Job 24:22, Jeremiah 46:15, Lamentations 1:15), and here at AbarimPublications we wonder whether it perhaps also served as generic term for a type of soldier, comparable to David's "mighty-men" (which is a different word, from גבר, geber).

Most strikingly, this word is also used as a personal name of God, namely Abir, meaning..."

אבר | Abarim Publications Theological Dictionary (Old Testament Hebrew)

Look also at what the Psalms say with regard to wings and feathers. I selected only a few, but there are many more throughout scripture:

"Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings," Psalm 17:8

"And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind." Psalm 18:10 [This one brings us back again also to ruach or the wind, which is also relates to the spirit or Spirit.]

"He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler." Psalm 91:4

We can search and research all of these and find answers and questions. What is it God wants to tell us?

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009