The race is not to the swift,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
which is over the course of time and the curse thereof.
here you once again make Creation into a curse, and affirm curse the day i was born, etc, which is def a valid perspective for a legal Job type guy to have, don't get me wrong, but then he confessed and rebounded from his words, right

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see this might be true in a sense of predestination, but i do not have the perspective of God, while you seem to advertise that you do, and i do not believe that you do. Post some Rhema and show me why i cannot really change my mind in real time, which does exist on this plane, where we are called to manifest the kingdom, God's Creation, where time will always exist, even if clocks will not
But [you can] change your mind in real time! I explained that:

This is your/our "hour of decision" spoken of in the scriptures, laid out in so-called real time. It's just that in the timeless reality that exists with God, which is not made up or "created" as an "image" for effect or revelation, it is specifically declared to have occurred before the revelation began...i.e., before the foundation of the world.

But, you are wrong about time always existing...at least as we know it. God and His realm of existence has no beginning or end. The time of which you refer to, will indeed end, for it "passes" away. If you come to a place where you can acknowledge that God Himself is timeless, then "beginning" and "days" will have different meaning, as the "accounting" of what God has revealed, that is otherwise timeless.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this world is passing away, and imo you are forcing an interpretation at "heaven and earth will pass away" that is not intended. Yes, in 50 billion years the earth will pass away too, no doubt, but that becomes irrelevant to today, and effectively even to tomorrow, see
You certainly can interpret it that way. But when you die...you will see that it is not the world that has passed away, but that prison within you called the world...where you have done...your time. That heaven and earth will surely pass. But it is also the ground you stand upon, and the new heaven and the new earth are [as God] spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here you once again make Creation into a curse, and affirm curse the day i was born, etc, which is def a valid perspective for a legal Job type guy to have, don't get me wrong, but then he confessed and rebounded from his words, right
No, Job did not rescind his comment on being cursed, but yielded to God in His greater long term knowledge and plans for him and for mankind.

As it is written: “Cursed is the ground for your sake;"

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But [you can] change your mind in real time! I explained that:

This is your/our "hour of decision" spoken of in the scriptures, laid out in so-called real time. It's just that in the timeless reality that exists with God, which is not made up or "created" as an "image" for effect or revelation, it is specifically declared to have occurred before the revelation began...i.e., before the foundation of the world.
<snip>

Oh good...a post I can actually understand. :)
Thanks for posting that.

Reactions: pia and ScottA

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But, you are wrong about time always existing...at least as we know it.
don't remem saying that, and not denying that in some tomorrow that won't be true again either, for us, in our domain. if the kingdom of heaven comes to earth, then notime comes too right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i read that a lot less literally, i guess; the "souls" must have existed, to be known, yes, like a parent knows the souls of their children. And i gotta believe that in the same manner a mother may accurately predict the outcome of a certain child's activity or undertaking based upon the child's disposition and character, even if she maybe could not predict every single detail, this is the "knowing the end from the beginning" of God too imo. Otherwise could God be characterized as "being sorry" that He had done something?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The time of which you refer to, will indeed end, for it "passes" away.
ha, better let me read that lol, yesterday has passed away too...
If you come to a place where you can acknowledge that God Himself is timeless
again, same deal, i read that dogs are timeless too though, see. When you always reside in now mentally, and would not even consider making plans for tomorrow, saying you will go to such and such a town to do such and such a thing, you are timeless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you come to a place where you can acknowledge that God Himself is timeless, then "beginning" and "days" will have different meaning, as the "accounting" of what God has revealed, that is otherwise timeless.
and how does this perspective bear fruit for you. ha see, we are looping again, and i am not going to get an answer to this viq right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, but "Some to everlasting life, Some to shame and everlasting contempt."
no? hmm Hitler has gone on to everlasting shame and contempt, right
and Christ has been "raised" to everlasting life, huh

i mean right here, right now, don't need to go anywhere else for these to be true
hmm

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You certainly can interpret it that way. But when you die...you will see that it is not the world that has passed away, but that prison within you called the world...where you have done...your time. That heaven and earth will surely pass. But it is also the ground you stand upon, and the new heaven and the new earth are [as God] spirit.
i don't think this joins the two sticks wadr, Scottie

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No, Job did not rescind his comment on being cursed
No again, hmm. Job repented of his speech, how do you know
As it is written: “Cursed is the ground for your sake;"
hey "the bed is too short, and the blanket is too small" too lol, these are not true, they are our false perceptions, Scott.
You make the ground cursed is likely a better interp there, you curse the ground, so cursed for you it is

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don't remem saying that, and not denying that in some tomorrow that won't be true again either, for us, in our domain. if the kingdom of heaven comes to earth, then notime comes too right
Jesus told us that it "has" come. But "we who are alive and remain" walk as one "who has one foot on the land, and one on the sea", meaning that we walk in both the physical and the spiritual realms.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Gods grace extends to all men even teh like of Stalin and Hitler, and when you know teh Lord, you can only hope that the enemy has not even one in his prison at teh end, for Gods sake.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i read that a lot less literally, i guess; the "souls" must have existed, to be known, yes, like a parent knows the souls of their children. And i gotta believe that in the same manner a mother may accurately predict the outcome of a certain child's activity or undertaking based upon the child's disposition and character, even if she maybe could not predict every single detail, this is the "knowing the end from the beginning" of God too imo. Otherwise could God be characterized as "being sorry" that He had done something?
I understand, but relating one parable by considering another is only so good. It doesn't truly explain the "subject" of the parable, it just give an example that has nothing to do with the subject, but expresses the principle of the parable with a completely unrelated "object." In other words, all you have done above is give another worldly example, while the "subject" is not even about the world.

So, in order to understand the first parable, which is the world and the way it operates, given by God...it must be understood to not be "like" the world to the extent of being of the world. This why parables must be interpreted, or discerned spiritually. The point is that, your worldly understanding does nothing to explain the truth...except where the world is concerned, which is evil. You cannot understand light with what you know of darkness.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, better let me read that lol, yesterday has passed away too...
No, because the scriptures don't just establish that time is "passing away", the also establish the there is an "end." So your argument or reasoning is not valid.
again, same deal, i read that dogs are timeless too though, see. When you always reside in now mentally, and would not even consider making plans for tomorrow, saying you will go to such and such a town to do such and such a thing, you are timeless
No, that describes things within the world, not how the world works within the context of God's eternity. In other words, you have to separate the two, apply there own laws separately, then consider how they fit together. As it is, you are just mixing your limited understanding of both, and using one against the other to defend what you don't know.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and how does this perspective bear fruit for you. ha see, we are looping again, and i am not going to get an answer to this viq right
If you have a question you believe is unanswered, it is not that I have not answered, but rather that the answer did not compute. The only thing that I can recommend is that you try to expand your horizon to include what you may not yet have a grasp of. For instance, if you were to considered that you do not believe what you are hearing, but like a movie or other context within another context, i.e., a fishbowl, etc....that instead of arguing every point of a fishbowl, you might at least realize that life may in fact be bigger than your fishbowl understanding and your issues with the idea of an ocean that don't fit into the fishbowl model...and receive it, even if only hypothetically, at least until you have all the information. Which, if you are lucky, will happen before you die and find yourself waking up in the ocean you could not allow yourself to imagine.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and Christ has been "raised" to everlasting life, huh

i mean right here, right now, don't need to go anywhere else for these to be true
hmm
That is true, we don't need to go anywhere...and in fact we have not, nor have the scriptures, been talking about a "place."

Which, if you will think about the problem of understanding things trying to impose worldly terms upon Godly realities - this is a perfect example. And you have answered it perfectly: they do not literally coincide with one another. So...please, listen to yourself, and stop mixing your understanding of worldly terms with those of God.