The Support of Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

adren@line

Feb 24, 2008
Do most Christians support Israel, no matter what? Do they do so due to the claim that the re-establishment and continued-survival of Israel is key to Biblical prophecy and the second-coming of Jesus?Do Christians really believe that the Jews were/are God's chosen people?FYI I am not anti-Israel or pro-Palestinian. Im overall apathetic towards both countries.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(adren@line;50153)
Do most Christians support Israel, no matter what? Do they do so due to the claim that the re-establishment and continued-survival of Israel is key to Biblical prophecy and the second-coming of Jesus?Do Christians really believe that the Jews were/are God's chosen people?FYI I am not anti-Israel or pro-Palestinian. Im overall apathetic towards both countries.
I will answer for myself...Paul wrote in Romans 3:1-2:
What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God
Oracle: An oracle is a person or agency considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinion; an infallible authority, usually spiritual in nature. It may also be a revealed prediction or precognition of the future, from deities, that is spoken through another object.Yes, the Jews have been used as God's mouthpiece. They are no more saved without Christ than any man, but they have been used by God to speak to the world who He is. And, God is not through with Israel yet.
Genesis 12:2-3And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.Psalm 122:6-9Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. Peace be within thy walls, and prosperity within thy palaces. For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace be within thee. Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good

adren@line

Feb 24, 2008
There are some problems I see with this though.Do you think that the only reason that Christians believe that the Jews are God's chosen people is because that claim originates from the Jews themselves? I mean think about it:You have some ancient Jewish authors writing about their own people, so of course they are going to elevate themselves to a special status. Also, the Jews didn't really preach their religion to anyone and by-large do not seek converts.

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(adren@line;50230)
There are some problems I see with this though.Do you think that the only reason that Christians believe that the Jews are God's chosen people is because that claim originates from the Jews themselves? I mean think about it:You have some ancient Jewish authors writing about their own people, so of course they are going to elevate themselves to a special status. Also, the Jews didn't really preach their religion to anyone and by-large do not seek converts.
We are Christians.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(adren@line;50230)
Exactly. They do not seek converts simply because they say you do not have to convert to believe..be honest they had rather you not seek conversion and if you do they are going to make it hard for you...not because they are mean and nasty its to see if you really want to convert or just pulling their leg.

Gareth

May 27, 2008
(adren@line;50153)
No I don't. I support peace and mutual support of the Palestinians and Israelis. Support of Israel as a state sure, however I can't say I support the treatment of the Palestinian people. When I hear cries from the Church of Jerusalem and the Middle East (Anglican) to do something about the human rights violations in Palestinian areas, I take that seriously, and support of Israel as a state does not remove our responsibility as Christians to take care of all those in society.Is it possible to bless the Jews, while frowning on military actions which leave scores of people dead? Absolutely. I support an Israeli state with cohabitation of Christians, Jews and Muslims provided they are willing to co-operate and leave militant activity. Anglicans, Presbyterians and other Christian groups have removed funding from corporations such as Caterpillar which is involved in destroying homes, which is a violation of typical human rights laws.At the same time, I disapprove of Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and others using their people and abusing the peace and safety of the Jews in the region.I think we should work towards God's peace, and the peace of all who live in Israel, both Jew and Arab.I say this as a Christian.