The thief comes...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Boston

Oct 18, 2009
John 10:10"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
Questions for consideration:Who is "the thief"?Who is "they"?What can "the thief" steal, kill and destroy from among "them"?What does this passage say about the purpose "the thief" has in God's plan?

gumby

May 29, 2009
[quote name='Boston;73682]Questions for consideration: Who is "the thief"? Who is "they"? What can "the thief" steal' date=' kill and destroy from among "them"? What does this passage say about the purpose "the thief" has in God's plan?[/QUOTE'] Ok the theif here is in John 10:8 They refers to the sheep, John 10:11. The sheep is symbolic of christians evrywhere. What can the theif take, Read Jeremiah 23:1, Ezekiel 34:10 and John 10:1. For your question reagrding the theif in gods plan i think John 10:5 sums that up if the theif is still deceiving people the sheep will not follow I hope this helps and god bless :)

Boston

Oct 18, 2009
gumby;73691 said:
For your question reagrding the theif in gods plan i think John 10:5 sums that up if the theif is still deceiving people the sheep will not follow I hope this helps and god bless :)
That's interesting you would use that verse for an answer, can I ask why?

gumby

May 29, 2009
[quote name='Boston;73706]That's interesting you would use that verse for an answer' date=' can I ask why?[/QUOTE'] I just think it sums up what happens to the deceiver that keeps misleading gods children.