THE THRONE OF THE BEAST - HOW TO RECOGNIZE IT

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 6th head was probably the Roman Empire. The 7th head had not come yet when John received the Revelation.

The heads are areas of land not kings or kingdoms. John saw the beast rise up with all 7 heads at the same time. None had fallen previously because the heads don't fall. Only the consecutive kings of the past can rise and then fall. Conflating heads and kings is your error. They are not the same things in any sense at all.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Revelation 17 tells us the beast will ascend. Nowhere does it use the word "descend". And I disagree with the assumption that the 8th king is of the seven in terms of his character only. The ten kings will reign with him and hand over the kingdom and power to him. The 10 kings are not handing their power over to someone who exists at another time and is only one of them in character. They rule with the 8th king for one hour.

Well if He ascends out of the abyss, then you need to show which of the seven kings prior is awaiting to ascend out of the pit.

Well I believe (as kings can also mean kingdom or rule) that the antichrist is of the seven prior because he displays characteristics of the seven prior!

I am not comfortable with any of the definitions of the seven kings- they all have problems and flaws! and have taught so for over 30 years now.

And I do apologize. It is Satan who is sent down to the abyss while the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire. I confused my beasts for a minute

The problem with you hypothesis is that you have to have a creature that is still in the bottomless pit when God releases the locust like creatures from there! And if you think he is one of the seven prior, that means that this person, when they died, did not go to the place of torments but went into teh abyss where fallen angels are held and those hideous creatures.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if He ascends out of the abyss, then you need to show which of the seven kings prior is awaiting to ascend out of the pit.

Revelation 17:8-11 does show you. The 6th beast king was in Apostle John's day (Roman emperor Domitian). The 7th beast king is to continue a "short space", i.e., the shortened time of the "great tribulation" that Jesus said He shortened for the sake of His elect. And because verse 11 about the 8th beast king points directly back to verse 8 about the one who ascends out of the bottomless pit and goes into PERDITION ("lake of fire"), that is a direct pointer to Lucifer himself as the 7th beast king, de facto, here on earth, in person. Even the Ezekiel 28:18 Scripture, which is a parable about Satan, reveals God's judgment of perishing of Satan while he is upon this earth, in the sight of men. And Revelation 12:7 forward points directly to Satan and his angels being cast out of the heavenly dimension down to the earth in OUR dimension.

So what more do you want? Lord Jesus has revealed all this in His Word.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So you feel the need to correct God now? Was god having a bad day and you caught Him at it? Or are you forgetting that seed in English can be singular or plural depending on context- but not in Hebrew???
OK I'm out of this with you.

Your opinions may be the things that are attempting to correct God. Think about it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are rejecting God's promise to Abraham to have a nation built from his descendants. That's no joke. You are basically questioning God's integrity.
You have been clearly shown "Several Times" and you continue to teach error

"All" promises made to Abraham were fulfilled in Jesus Christ "Period"!

Galatians 3:16KJV
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been clearly shown "Several Times" and you continue to teach error

"All" promises made to Abraham were fulfilled in Jesus Christ "Period"!

Galatians 3:16KJV
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Very little that you "show me" has any value at all with respect to God's word. You don't seem to know it very well. In fact, instead of using the word of God to build up fellow Christians and to save lost Jews, you use the word of God as a hammer to inflict damage on others, to stir up arguments, and to promote yourself and your own beliefs. Sounds like you don't understand the character of God's word?

But as to your point, one can believe that Abraham's promises were fulfilled in Christ as well as in Israel and the nations of faith promised to him. Abraham was not just promised Christ--he was promised the nation of Israel and many nations of faith. It was through Christ that these nations come about. But that they involve nations, and not just Christ, there can be no question.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Head of Assyria and head of the Northern kingdom of Israel, circa 790 B.C:

Isaiah 7:8-9
"For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is (king) Rezin; and within sixty-five years Ephraim shall be broken so that it shall not be a people. And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If you will not believe, surely you shall not be established."

In Isaiah 7:8-9 (above) HEAD/S = the seat of power / authority.

Jesus called Satan "the ruler of this world", and the apostle Paul called him "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience", who we are told will give the beast of Revelation Chapter 13 his seat, power and great authority.

This is reflected in the crowns on the dragon's seven heads in Revelation 12:3, and on the horns of the ten kings in Revelation 13:1.

Seat of Satan, 1st century, A.D: Pergamon:

View attachment 26754

===========================
There was a temple to Zeus in Pergamon. Zeus-worship was widespread in the ancient world, the Roman Empire being no exception. Zeus was the ancient Greek god of the sky and thunder, who ruled as 'king of the gods' of Mount Olympus.

The Roman equivalent is Jupiter, who was chief deity of Roman state religion throughout the Republican and Imperial eras, until the spread of Christianity killed Zeus-worship.

Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

The head of the Roman Empire was Rome, and the head of Rome was Caesar, the seat of the Roman Empire - yet Pargamon is called the seat / throne of Satan in Revelation 2:13, therefore since Zeus was the king of (all) the gods, we may want to look for another throne of the beast in the 1st century A.D, and in the Revelation.

Jesus tells the church at Pergamos:

"I know your works, and where you live, even where Satan's seat [Greek: thrónos] is. And you hold fast My name and have not denied My faith, even in those days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.

But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the teachings of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling-block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit fornication.

So you also have those who hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Repent! But if not I will come to you quickly, and will fight with them by the sword of My mouth."

Seat of the beast, Revelation 13:1-4
And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and its feet like those of a bear, and its mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his seat [Greek: thrónos] and great authority.

Seat of the beast, Revelation 16:10-11
And the fifth angel poured out his vial on the throne [Greek: thrónos] of the beast, and its kingdom became darkened. And they gnawed their tongues from the pain. And they blasphemed the God of Heaven because of their pains and their sores. And they did not repent of their deeds.

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

Note: The seat / throne of Satan is the head of the beast.

Revelation 17

10 And there are seven kings; five have fallen, and one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have received no kingdom yet, but will receive authority as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast.

================================​
Since the 8th king is one of the seven, which head is it? The 6th or the 7th?

The 10 kings, who rule with the 8th king for "one hour", had not yet received their kingdoms when John received the Revelation, so the ten kings are not the 6th head.

Therefore the beast ascending out of the abyss (i.e the 8th king) can only be the 7th head of the beast (since it is one of the seven).

If we want to know where the throne of Satan / the beast is, We may want to look at what the saints in Pargamon were rebuked for, and at the fact that Jesus warned them to:

Repent! But if not I will come to you quickly, and will fight with them by the sword of My mouth.
Hang on a sec:

John said he saw a Beast come up out of the Sea and the description of it draws our attention to Daniel 7 - any Jew convert that received John's letter would immediately turn to the book of Daniel first, not Isaiah or any other book.

The Beast of Rev 13, a compound beast of the previous kingdoms mentioned in Daniel, Paul says would arise when the Restrainer was "taken out of the way" - it is important to note that every single ECF that had anything to say about the Restrainer said it wasn't an "agent of holiness" but the Roman Empire which, upon its fall, would be followed by the rise of this Beast.

A simultaneous reading and assemblage of the facts and symbols of Daniel and Revelation show Rev 13's Beast, Rev 17's Woman Riding the Beast, the Little Horn, the Man of Sin, the King of the North, the Antichrist, etc., are one in the same: here are several identifying marks of this power, such as that it would rise up among the remains of the fallen 4th Roman beast, be both political and religious, it would have a man at its head, it would speak blasphemies, it would persecute the saints, it would attempt to take the place of Jesus, it would reign for 1,260 prophetic days (literal years), it's lack of spiritual discernment would be made up with the flawed "sight" of human reasoning, as well as several other points of identification.

Check out the German "Rathous" building where the Protestant Reformers wanted their eschatological (Biblically correct) interpretations chiseled in stone for posterity to see, though posterity has been busy tying blindfolds as fast as the Jesuits can hand them out.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 13's Beast, Rev 17's Woman Riding the Beast, the Little Horn, the Man of Sin, the King of the North, the Antichrist, etc., are one in the same:
What! The man of sin is Mystery Babylon?
How is a man symbolized as a women when her flesh is eaten and destroyed by the beast of the sea and the 10 horns in Rev 17. The 10 horns and the beast of the sea kill the man of sin that you identify as the beast of the sea? Huh? This forum gets weirder and weirder.

What! The man of sin is Rev 17s beast? You mean the beast of the sea. Let’s be specific.

Rev 17’s original translation does not mention an 8th king in the Greek. It’s, it becomes an 8th and is of the 7. It’s referring to the 7 heads (kingdoms) that fell that no longer wear crowns of authority because the crowns are on the horns.

And the wild beast which was, and is not, even he himself is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into destruction. The wild beast himself, forming as it were an eighth, has to be reckoned with. There are seven heads; when these fall no eighth head will rise, but the wild beast, whose vitality has been seen in these successive heads, forms, as it were, an eighth, which is “out of the seven”—not one of them, but one rising out of them;
The wild beast linked itself with seven great empires in succession: these all fell; the wild beast is left, as an eighth: then “the wild beast goes into destruction.”

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hang on a sec:

John said he saw a Beast come up out of the Sea and the description of it draws our attention to Daniel 7 - any Jew convert that received John's letter would immediately turn to the book of Daniel first, not Isaiah or any other book.

The Beast of Rev 13, a compound beast of the previous kingdoms mentioned in Daniel, Paul says would arise when the Restrainer was "taken out of the way" - it is important to note that every single ECF that had anything to say about the Restrainer said it wasn't an "agent of holiness" but the Roman Empire which, upon its fall, would be followed by the rise of this Beast.

A simultaneous reading and assemblage of the facts and symbols of Daniel and Revelation show Rev 13's Beast, Rev 17's Woman Riding the Beast, the Little Horn, the Man of Sin, the King of the North, the Antichrist, etc., are one in the same: here are several identifying marks of this power, such as that it would rise up among the remains of the fallen 4th Roman beast, be both political and religious, it would have a man at its head, it would speak blasphemies, it would persecute the saints, it would attempt to take the place of Jesus, it would reign for 1,260 prophetic days (literal years), it's lack of spiritual discernment would be made up with the flawed "sight" of human reasoning, as well as several other points of identification.

Check out the German "Rathous" building where the Protestant Reformers wanted their eschatological (Biblically correct) interpretations chiseled in stone for posterity to see, though posterity has been busy tying blindfolds as fast as the Jesuits can hand them out.
I never seem to be able to make it clear what I am saying and what I am not saying. I'm not saying that the seat of the beast will be Pergamos or London or New York or Rome ...

I'm saying that wherever the seat (capital city) of the beast will be, it will be Satan's seat (the dragon will give the beast his seat, power and great authority), and whatever caused the congregation of the church at Pergamos to fall into idolatry, is what the false prophets (Bala'am) will be bringing about, teaching the beast how to entice God's people away from God into the idolatrous worship of the beast (which is what Bala'am did to Israel).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What! The man of sin is Mystery Babylon? How is a man symbolized as a women when her flesh is eaten and destroyed by the beast of the sea and the 10 horns in Rev 17. The 10 horns and the beast of the sea kill the man of sin that you identify as the beast of the sea?
You obviously are completely ignorant of what the ENTIRE CHRISTIAN REFORMATION CHURCH BELIEVED AND TAUGHT FOR OVER 300 YEARS. Doesn't that alone warrant investigation? Do you think the beliefs of millions of Christians worldwide who often left their testimony written in their own blood ought to be cast aside without due consideration? I assure you, God is displeased with anyone who does such.
Huh? This forum gets weirder and weirder.
A "woman" represents the people of God, whether the pure woman of Revelation 12 which represents the faithful or the WHORE of Revelation 17 which represents those who've fallen into apostasy. The "Man of Sin" represents the leaders of this apostate church, which has been led by a succession of such corrupt "Christian" leaders who are actually occult.
What! The man of sin is Rev 17s beast? You mean the beast of the sea. Let’s be specific.
A "beast" is a "kingdom" in prophecy. The Whore riding the Beast, like Jezebel having sway over Ahab, represents the union of Church and State with the Church in control, dictating to it her apostate will.
Rev 17’s original translation does not mention an 8th king in the Greek. It’s, it becomes an 8th and is of the 7. It’s referring to the 7 heads (kingdoms) that fell that no longer wear crowns of authority because the crowns are on the horns.
Without getting into the meaning of the "five are fallen, one is....." suffice it to say, the "woman riding the Beast" represents what's been said: the union between Church and State with the Church controlling the State as a the rider of a stallion directs this beast to where he must go.[/QUOTE]

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

"For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is (king) Rezin; and within sixty-five years Ephraim shall be broken so that it shall not be a people. And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is Remaliah's son. If you will not believe, surely you shall not be established."

Jesus called Satan "the ruler of this world", and the apostle Paul called him "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience", who we are told will give the beast of Revelation Chapter 13 his seat, power and great authority.

This is reflected in the crowns on the dragon's seven heads in Revelation 12:3, and on the horns of the ten kings in Revelation 13:1.

View attachment 26754

There was a temple to Zeus in Pergamon. Zeus-worship was widespread in the ancient world, the Roman Empire being no exception. Zeus was the ancient Greek god of the sky and thunder, who ruled as 'king of the gods' of Mount Olympus.

The Roman equivalent is Jupiter, who was chief deity of Roman state religion throughout the Republican and Imperial eras, until the spread of Christianity killed Zeus-worship.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

The head of the Roman Empire was Rome, and the head of Rome was Caesar, the seat of the Roman Empire - yet Pargamon is called the seat / throne of Satan in Revelation 2:13, therefore since Zeus was the king of (all) the gods, we may want to look for another throne of the beast in the 1st century A.D, and in the Revelation.

"I know your works, and where you live, even where Satan's seat [Greek: thrónos] is. And you hold fast My name and have not denied My faith, even in those days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.

But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the teachings of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling-block before the sons of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols and to commit fornication.

So you also have those who hold the teaching of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Repent! But if not I will come to you quickly, and will fight with them by the sword of My mouth."

And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and its feet like those of a bear, and its mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his seat [Greek: thrónos] and great authority.

And the fifth angel poured out his vial on the throne [Greek: thrónos] of the beast, and its kingdom became darkened. And they gnawed their tongues from the pain. And they blasphemed the God of Heaven because of their pains and their sores. And they did not repent of their deeds.

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

Revelation 17

10 And there are seven kings; five have fallen, and one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.
11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
12 And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have received no kingdom yet, but will receive authority as kings one hour with the beast.
13 These have one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast.

The 10 kings, who rule with the 8th king for "one hour", had not yet received their kingdoms when John received the Revelation, so the ten kings are not the 6th head.

Therefore the beast ascending out of the abyss (i.e the 8th king) can only be the 7th head of the beast (since it is one of the seven).

If we want to know where the throne of Satan / the beast is, We may want to look at what the saints in Pargamon were rebuked for, and at the fact that Jesus warned them to:

Repent! But if not I will come to you quickly, and will fight with them by the sword of My mouth.
Hi Fullness of the Gentiles,

I believe God`s word tell us where the throne of Satan is - `the whole world (system) lies under the sway of the evil one.` (1 John 5: 19)

Since the world and all that is in it belongs to God, (Ps. 24: 1) then it is the world system with all its manners, culture and ways of controlling that is under the sway of the evil one - His seat of power and authority, symbolised by the word `throne.`

By the time the believers represented by Pergamos come along there is a joining of the religious organisation of man with the Political system of a part of Rome. Many have died for the truth though, as martyrs.

That partnering with the world system still operates today as people organising the public meetings have to bow to the new laws, (of lawlesness) - different genders, accepting different religions etc.

Marilyn.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A "beast" is a "kingdom" in prophecy.
Wrong. A Beast that rises from the sea is a Kingdom. Let's get it right as opposed to a Beast that rises from the earth.

You obviously are completely ignorant of what the ENTIRE CHRISTIAN REFORMATION CHURCH BELIEVED AND TAUGHT FOR OVER 300 YEARS.
Lol

the "woman riding the Beast" represents what's been said: the union between Church and State with the Church controlling the State as a the rider of a stallion directs this beast to where he must go
Some people believe that. Not everyone. There are plenty of opinions on the subject.

Thanks Phoneman for your interesting opinions on prophecy.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The different religions (prostitutes) of the world, plus all society has now come under the `mother of prostitutes. ` (Rev. 17: 5) And `she` is the United Nations moral laws and beliefs, (accepting different genders, religions behaviours, and believing that mother earth needs saving.)

Those who drink this cup of abominations, get drunk and do not know what they are doing.

`and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her abominations. ` (Rev. 17: 2)

The rulers and leaders of the nations, connect, (fornicate) with the UN`s moral values and make them laws. Thus, the religious system (of moral laws) rides on the Political systems .

`I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of blasphemy...` (Rev. 17: 3)

It is the connecting of all religious beliefs and cultures with the Political systems.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The beastly world system is made up of the Political, Economic and religious aspects.

The 4 great Federations of our time, come together under the last one to arise. And it is the economic aspect with the religious that motivates the people towards the Final Gentile Global Government.

The seemingly collapse of the present economic system will be replaced by the CBDC with the person`s ID. Thus, full control will be possible. As every nation is in debt, then who are they in debt too? It is all `smoke and mirrors,` leading the `hens to the fox`s den,` the IMF. They will be the world`s central bank and distribute `currency` as they see fit. The world will be happy to bow to them as they see that all the major currencies are in their `basket. `

Much like before the Euro was introduced. Every European country could exchange their `token` (issued) for one of the major currencies in the `basket of currencies, (lira, mark, franc). Eventually the `token` became the euro. Thus, this will be the road map for the world to have one currency. The IMF has the major currencies and different countries can exchange their `token, SDR`s` for a major currency. Eventually the token will become the currency of the world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 26754

Revelation 17

Fair assessment.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So, you're a Futurist - one who believes the Antichrist will arise at the end of time, during the last 7 years (or 3 1/2 years) or tribulation?
The spirit of Antichrist has been around since John wrote about it but yes, I believe there will be a final 3.5 years before the return of Christ, i.e the 42-month literal reign of the beast, running parallel with the 1,260 days of the prophecy of the two witnesses, and I believe that when this period closes there will be a resurrection of the dead, when Jesus comes to end this current world system and to usher in the NHNE.

But I don't have a P.C mouse with a magic app that is able to cause the mouse to magically highlight Daniel 9:27 (the final seven years of Daniel's prophecy) and drag it out of its first century fulfillment linto the book of Revelation and the final seven years before the return of Christ. Nor do I have any Israel of God existing except the one and only Israel of God that has a New Covenant, and is in Christ.

Reactions: Christian Gedge

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hi Fullness of the Gentiles,

I believe God`s word tell us where the throne of Satan is - `the whole world (system) lies under the sway of the evil one.` (1 John 5: 19)

Since the world and all that is in it belongs to God, (Ps. 24: 1) then it is the world system with all its manners, culture and ways of controlling that is under the sway of the evil one - His seat of power and authority, symbolised by the word `throne.`

By the time the believers represented by Pergamos come along there is a joining of the religious organisation of man with the Political system of a part of Rome. Many have died for the truth though, as martyrs.

That partnering with the world system still operates today as people organising the public meetings have to bow to the new laws, (of lawlesness) - different genders, accepting different religions etc.

Marilyn.
Yes, that's basically what the situation is - but the seat of the beast is where his political power is - his capital city - and in the case of the beast of Revelation 13, it will also be the seat of Satan - and because of the wording of Jesus in His closing warning to the church at Pergamos I believe it might be telling us something about the state of the church when Christ comes back.