The Trinity definition

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the difference?

Apart from a vowel, the difference is one title is used in reference God and the other title is used in reference to humans and angels. The words/titles distinguish the one who is God from those who aren’t God.

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word for "and" is "kai" and can be translated "even".

There is one Lord in holy scripture (Mark 12:29 (kjv), Ephesians 4:5). The Bible says that the Father is the Lord of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21). Yet no one can say that Jesus is the Lord except by the Spirit of truth (1 Corinthians 12:3 (kjv). And Jesus is the one Lord (1 Corinthians 8:6).

How do you explain this?

How is Jesus not the Father in this scenario?

The Father and the Son aren’t the same person. The Father beget the Son. The Father is the Son’s God. The Son prays to the Father. The Father is in heaven when the Son is on the earth. The Father sent the Son. The Son is presently sitting at the right hand of the Father in heaven.

Do you acknowledge that Paul is identifying the Father as the one God?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G said,
he came see Isaiah 35:4

you said, Certainly. ok who was sent? .... (smile).

do you understand "sent and come?"

Now see the English translations which recognize that the Hebrew word is adoni and render it properly (“lord”) in English.
ERROR, it's rendering of God in flesh as a man, but correct in Lord as God diversified in flesh.

now who ws sent? or came. now to help you out, Hebrews 10:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God."

Psalms 40:7 "Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,"

now who was sent? or better yet was sent.... (smile). understand, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you."

that term "GOD" here is the same term in John 1:1...... for GOD :eek: YIKES! so your sent person is falling apart. or has fell apart.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father and the Son aren’t the same person.
you better read Isaiah 9:6, for the Son is the everlasting Father.

PICJAG

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he is speaking to himself as Father, and in flesh as Son, the Diversity. see Psalms 110:5 "The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath."

now who is on his "RIGHT?".

H136 אֲדֹנָי 'Adonay (ad-o-noy') n-m.
1. (meaning) Lord (used as a proper name of God only).
2. (person) Adonai, The Lord God of Israel (which is actually “Yahweh God of Israel” - see Exodus 5:1 and 120 other occurrences).
[am emphatic form of H113]
KJV: (my) Lord.
Root(s): H113

PICJAG

Your source correctly says that the Hebrew word for “Lord” is Adonai. In Psalm 110:1, Adonai is speaking to someone who is adoni. Adonai is not speaking to Adonai.

Adoni occurs 195 times in the OT. Have you checked to see how the Hebrew is rendered in the other 194 occurrences?

As for Psalm 110:5, the psalmist is still talking about two persons, Adonai and adoni.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your source correctly says that the Hebrew word for “Lord” is Adonai. In Psalm 110:1, Adonai is speaking to someone who is adoni. Adonai is not speaking to [/i]Adonai[/i].

As for Psalm 110:5, the psalmist is still talking about two persons, Adonai and adoni.
error, did you not hear Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

now, post book chapter and verse that states some other "person" is EQUAL "WITH" THE ONE PERSON GOD?

listen, Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One."

Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?"

Mattathias, see your error now, to be equal "WITH" God one must be the sme one PERSON or else you have a false God.

so you're reproved.

PICJAG

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek equivalent of Adonai is used for the Father in Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21.

Therefore the LORD, who is the Father, can also be identified as the Lord. The term LORD (Lord) can indeed be apprehended phonetically because of this.

The Greek word is kurios and, unlike the Hebrew title Adonai, it may be used (and is) in reference to God and to persons who are not God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

What is your response to the question I asked you about Paul?
Well, obviously, if the Son isn't God, then the Father isn't God either; because the Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6).

Isa 9:6, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

(I'm being facetious).

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
error, did you not hear Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:"

See other translations of the verse. “Form” is “image”.

now, post book chapter and verse that states some other "person" is EQUAL "WITH" THE ONE PERSON GOD?

Adam is the one who grasped for equality with God. Jesus didn’t do what Adam did.

listen, Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One."

Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?"

Mattathias, see your error now, to be equal "WITH" God one must be the sme one PERSON or else you have a false God.

so you're reproved.

What I see is that you make a human person (Jesus, the Son of the Father) equal with God (the Father) by saying that the Father and the Son are the same person.

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, obviously, if the Son isn't God, then the Father isn't God either; because the Son is the Father (Isaiah 9:6).

Isa 9:6, For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

(I'm being facetious).

I’m siding with the trinitarians on this one. “The everlasting Father” isn’t the God and Father of the Messiah. Have you considered other alternatives for the meaning of the phrase?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Greek word is kurios and, unlike the Hebrew title Adonai, it may be used (and is) in reference to God and to persons who are not God.

When kurios is capitalized it refers to the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is one Kurios, Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 8:6).

The Father is the Kurios of heaven and earth (Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21).

There are many kurios' (1 Corinthians 8:5).

Capitalization matters; if you don't acknowledge it, there is contradictions between 1 Corinthians 8:5 and 1 Corinthians 8:6.

What I see is that you make a human person (Jesus, the Son of the Father) equal with God (the Father) by saying that the Father and the Son are the same person.

The Son is equal to the Father (John 5:18).

I remain unconvinced because the Son and the Father aren’t the same person.

They are the same Spirit, the same Lord, and the same God (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m siding with the trinitarians on this one. “The everlasting Father” isn’t the God and Father of the Messiah. Have you considered other alternatives for the meaning of the phrase?
You have to change the wording of the kjv, not once, but twice, in order to deny the reality of the matter.

btw, I am a Trinitarian.

(for I believe that there is a distinction between the members in the Godhead.)

Mattathias

Nov 12, 2020
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you better read Isaiah 9:6, for the Son is the everlasting Father.

I’ve read Isaiah 9:6. The Son is called “the everlasting Father,” but what does the title mean? You say it means that the Son is the Father. I (and others, of course) say it means that the Son is the father of the age to come.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny thing is, when I looked for the 2nd verse in that grouping, I asked the Lord to help me find it, thinking that I was going to have to search through Proverbs for it for a length of time. However, as soon as I prayed, my eyes immediately fell on the verse in question; and I think that there must be a reason for that.
Give God the glory!