The Trinity & The Godhead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Yes I believe everyone in this forum understands this truth.

But please explain Rom 6:10,11 and 2 Cor 5:21

I believe you have avoided this at least 10 times and counting.
Actually we already had this discussion. If you didn't remember then, neither will you remember now. Neither verse implies in any way that Jesus was sinful. You have been proven wrong too many times to count. Jesus was not sinful!!! Clear enough?

Alethos

Mar 8, 2011
Melbourne Australia

Actually we already had this discussion. If you didn't remember then, neither will you remember now. Neither verse implies in any way that Jesus was sinful. You have been proven wrong too many times to count. Jesus was not sinful!!! Clear enough?

We are still waiting for you to expain Rom 6:9,10,11 and 2 Cor 5:21

Was Jesus under the dominion of death.

The BIBLE says yes Ducky says NO

Who is right?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
We are still waiting for you to expain Rom 6:9,10,11 and 2 Cor 5:21

Was Jesus under the dominion of death.

The BIBLE says yes Ducky says NO

Who is right?
Only sinners are "under the dominion of death". Jesus wasn't.

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a lot of ideas here, but I suspect that one will get close to the mark when one understands the corporeal nature of God to begin with.

1. Does God have a body of flesh and bones?

2. Or is God just an unembodied spirit?

3. What is the official christian doctrine?

4. What is the authoritative source of the doctrine?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. after reviewing most of the posts, there was some good point to ponder on, and some correction to be made.
#1. Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God".
this is only one person. "the his redeemer" is speaking of Jacob/Israel who is being redeemed. not another person.

#2. "for my Father is greater than I". John 14:28b.
the answer is in the word "GREATER". is it in quality, or quantity. obviously quantity. understand, the Lord Jesus made this statement also John 13:16 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him". if the servant is not "GREATER", then this, John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father". here again the servant is not "Greater", G3187 μείζων meizon than his lord, but the Lord Jesus said, "the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do" works answer the greater than question, meaning many. "QUANTITY". and because he goes to the Father, GLORIFIED in Spirit, GREATER/MANY works can be done instead of just one individual at at time.
so the GREATER THAN question is answered in quantity, and not quantity.

#3. back to Isaiah 44:6, he said that he (the LORD) is the "first" and the "Last". this is is one person holding two titles. scripture, Isaiah 41:4 "Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he". I is singular, but this one person is the first "WITH" the last. now this. Isaiah 48:12 "Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last".

notice these verses stated,
The First "AND" the Last
The First "WITH" the Last
The First "ALSO" the Last.

this poster said,
I have two figures, not three
and he is absolutely correct. God is a share, or the diversity of himself. in the Greek NT he's the G243 allos of himself, Look up the word G243 allos, my source is the Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words. and in the Hebrew OT he's the H259 אֶחָד 'echad (ech-awd') of himself. Yes TWO FIGURES. and one of the figures is to come, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come". that's why the we and our in Genesis 1:26 is one PERSON, for the another, the G243 allos figure of himself, the equal share as Phil 2:6 states is to come as Romans 5:14b states.

conclusion: it's ONE PERSON, diversified, or shared in flesh that was to come, meaning two Figures not 3 person(s) in the Godhead. there is much much more evidence of that.

this is a good topic for discussion, because the apostle Paul said this by the Holy Ghost, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine". now if one of our doctrine is not sound, then one of us are in trouble.

looking to hear some responses.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
01). Jesus states that He is looking forward to the glory that He had before the world was.
02). In Genesis, we find the words, "Let us make make man in our own image."
03). Jesus is identified, as being the "only begotten Son of God".
04). The scriptures state, that Jesus is The Word in the flesh, and The Word is God.
05). The scriptures state that the only begotten Son of God, was sent into the world, and further state, that the world was made by Him, and knew Him not.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Thorwald Johansen

If you read some of my replies to others much of what you ask has been touched on. When things don't make sense to your understanding it is likely because you are being told something that was conceived by men and promoted as the only acceptable understanding, such things are where you will surely get stuck.