• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making your opinion to be above God's AND Paul's...who you clearly twist the words of.

But notice what Paul says about righteousness and the Old Testament.

2 Tim.3:16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
The truth is that this verse, though presented as if it were promoting OT Law-based righteousness, it is not, as Paul tells us that all of that is dung. Of course it is the righteousness of Christ that Paul is teaching, not the righteousness of the law.

Philippians 3
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

2 Peter 3
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No,
im just pointing out your Legalism.
Your recent Thread points it out even more clearly.
You wrote that Jesus saves us in our sin, or from our sin...
And in fact He does neither..>He became our sin, so that we can become God's Righteousness, and by becoming God's righteousness, we are born again.
You wrote a Thread about the "gospel" and you can't even teach it, because you have no idea what it is... at all.

As a false teacher it is your right to ignore truth and scriptures at every turn. You are permitted to twist meanings, attack believers in truth as legalists and basically try to overthrow anything to do with God...for the satisfaction of your own ego.

I know you are unteachable. But I write the truth for other readers. Especialy the young and innocent ones you prey on.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Annihilation/second death in the lake of fire is more merciful than eternal darkness.

First of all, this "eternal darkness" idea of yours...... i can't make that work out Theologically.
Can you post a verse that is not in a Gospel or in The Revelation, that speaks to this idea of yours?
Can you post a non symbolic verse taken from something Paul wrote that would reflect your idea of "eternal darkness"?
Are you posting about "outer darkness"?

So, until i hear back........why would you think that being in darkness for eternity, vs, burning in a lake of Fire for eternity....would be more merciful?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Nuns.. Identical Twins.

Sarah and Mary

They were beautiful girls, brown hair, golden smiles, twin happy hearts.

They had only been 13 when they went on a mission trip to India that changed both their lives forever.
They had spent 10 days working with the poor, sad, miserable street orphans, who were just barely able to survive in the Dharavi Slum in Mumbai.
Mary was especially touched by the pain she felt the children all shared as their desperate lives.

By the time both Twins were 15 yrs old, they had decided to give their lives in service to God for the sake of the poorest children in India, the starving street Orphans .

For the next 50 yrs, both sisters worked endlessly to give hope and love to these hardest hit by the unfairness of Life, ..... this cruel world.
They loved their work, they gave all their love to the orphans, and for 50 yrs this much needed Godly work continued.
These Twins truly defined the phrase .."Angels of Mercy".

2 days after the Twins 65th birthday they both died in a tragic accident.
They suddenly became trapped by a huge falling roof inside an old abandoned building they had been trying for 12 yrs to slowly renovate into a free health care clinic for their orphans.
Both Twins bodies were eventually found and pulled from the old building, but it had been too late to save their precious lives.

Sister Sarah, went to Heaven.
Sister Mary, went to Hell.

The question now that i have for you.. Reader.. is..

Why did the one sister, Mary, go to Hell? ??
Didn't she give her LIFE to the poor?
Didn't she love the Orphans?
Didn't Mary offer herself sacrificially for her street children..... exactly as her sister Sarah had done also?

So why didn't Mary also go to Heaven with her sister???

A.) "Jesus said : "You must be Born Again".
-
-
dharavi-slum-mumbai.jpg
They both died lost.

They substituted Acts 2:38 for their good works.

They skipped the remission of their sins, hoping that God would ignore it by their good intentions.

Same ol same ol...

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, this "eternal darkness" idea of yours...... i can't make that work out Theologically.
Can you post a verse that is not in a Gospel or in The Revelation, that speaks to this idea of yours?
Can you post a non symbolic verse taken from something Paul wrote that would reflect your idea of "eternal darkness"?
Are you posting about "outer darkness"?

So, until i hear back........why would you think that being in darkness for eternity, vs, burning in a lake of Fire for eternity....would be more merciful?

Out of my own curiosity, why would you ask for verses about outer darkness but demand they must not be in any of the gospels?

As to your last question, to die a second time would be awful but to never be ABLE to die a second time but rather to live in torment forever is not even comprehensible honestly. My mind runs in terror from the thought.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is more then "darkness" waiting for Christ Rejectors.
There is the Lake of Fire.
The born again, will never see this as their end.
I find it interesting that there is day and night in the lake of fire, implying to me there's a solar cycle there.

icxn

Oct 6, 2018
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Annihilation/second death in the lake of fire is more merciful than eternal darkness.
Is it? The threat* of eternal darkness saves more lives - even if only out of fear - and enables one to escape a multitude of sins, whereas the prospect of an easy way out (annihilation), increases the laxity of those who love this world.

_____
* Same as the intent of what is said in Hebrews 12:6.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 21:8 KJV
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 3:4 KJV
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as Adam was ashamed of his nakedness and hid form God, I think too many Christian act the same way. They can't believe that they are forgiven so that when they do something they are ashamed of they hide from God instead of running to him and confessing like David did. And without that assurity of forgiveness they just lose hope.
Amen!!

But with that assurance, there is nothing between God and us, only love!

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
It's my opinion that this is where the old man goes.

Because he was afraid naked, a lying murderer, selfish and an abomination to the Lord.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it? The threat* of eternal darkness saves more lives - even if only out of fear - and enables one to escape a multitude of sins, whereas the prospect of an easy way out (annihilation), increases the laxity of those who love this world.

_____
Regardless, (or irregardless), few are saved, and multitudes, billions, refuse to repent of serving (worshiping) demons. There is no "easy out" for the world rebellious who refuses to repent ever, at all.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of my own curiosity, why would you ask for verses about outer darkness but demand they must not be in any of the gospels?

As to your last question, to die a second time would be awful but to never be ABLE to die a second time but rather to live in torment forever is not even comprehensible honestly. My mind runs in terror from the thought.
The several or many false teachings on the internet are meant to cause confusion, doubt, and terror, and to prevent people from finding Christ or from trusting in Him.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a false teacher it is your right to ignore truth and scriptures at every turn. You are permitted to twist meanings, attack believers in truth as legalists and basically try to overthrow anything to do with God...for the satisfaction of your own ego.

I know you are unteachable. But I write the truth for other readers. Especialy the young and innocent ones you prey on.
@Episkopos , your post is Good and Right and Truthful, Thanks be to Almighty Creator through Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior TODAY !

We are very restricted in the world, in person, in the news, on the forum, most places, in exposing and stopping the false teachings.... (the op, opening myth, is so very in error concerning heaven, hell, nuns, etc .... all written as a faithless fable it seems )

The young and the innocent, the blameless ones, in view of Scripture, in God's Grace, are harmed every day ,
even
the older mature ones - "we all are like sheep led to slaughter daily"....
Romans 8:36 As it is written: "For Your sake we face death ...
www.biblehub.com/romans/8-36.htm
As it is written, For your sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. For thy. Psalm 44:22 Yea, for thy sake are we killed all the day long; we are counted as sheep for the slaughter. Psalm 141:7 Our bones are scattered at the grave's mouth, as when one cutteth and cleaveth wood upon the earth. John 16:2

Reactions: Episkopos

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Romans 11:9-10.

Romans 3:4 KJV
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Rom 5:9, Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

_____

Yes, I think it would be a more merciful end, and Jesus says it will be more tolerable for Sodom on that day.