• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why can't you see that access is not the same as having? A world of difference! There are going to be great shocks on judgment day.Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. You are not understanding God's ways.

Access : John 3:16

Having : Born Again

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The born again, while he has indwelling sin, .

The born again does not have any sin.
Jesus has it.
Just ask the Cross.

What you have, is "sin consciousness".
Paul said that the Law could not remove this, but the "once and for all eternal redemption of Christ" did.
This is why John said that the born again Can't Sin.

John is born again. So, he doesn't have any sin, when he was writing Epistles.

"If we say we have no sin"......i would say to a room full of scientologists, who do not believe that sin exists.
I have to quality them as "sinners" so that i can offer them the Blood of Jesus.
I would say "so if we say"...but i dont mean me, i mean THEM.
That is what John is doing in 1 Jn.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
(while Hebrews 6 and 10 did do a number on me in times past. God worked it out for the good though; I came back stronger.)

The devil has ruined millions of believers with "if we sin willfully" and "you have trod underfoot the blood" "you have crucified Christ afresh". and "there remains now no more sacrifice" ...

So, im glad you are recovered from that issue, and its a shame you went through it.
I could have helped you, but i didnt know you at that time.
I have much much personal experience with people who have been lost in the book of Hebrews.

Most Believers just dont understand that the Bible is so powerful, It can divide your soul from your Spirit.
It can rip your (mental) head OFF.
Its not a Toy.
The devil uses the bible to destroy people., born again people.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus has it.
Just ask the Cross.

Paul said that the Law could not remove this, but the "once and for all eternal redemption of Christ" did.
Amen. I always feel that is so sad that not every Christian can see that truth.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has it.
Just ask the Cross.

So, there is sin in Christ?

Not.

"If we say we have no sin"......i would say to a room full of scientologists, who do not believe that sin exists.
I have to quality them as "sinners" so that i can offer them the Blood of Jesus.
I would say "so if we say"...but i dont mean me, i mean THEM.
That is what John is doing in 1 Jn.

John is saying it to you as if you were in a room of scientologists.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, there is sin in Christ?

John is saying it to you as if you were in a room of scientologists.

Yes, you have sin consciousness... and this can be resolved.

John is talking to me in 1 Jn 3 = the born again do not sin.

John understands thats there is no sin "in Christ".
John understands that you can't be a sinner and be "made the righteousness of God in Christ", and then remain a "sinner".
To be a sinner is to be unrighteous, and the Born Again have God's Righteousness, as "the Gift of Righteousness"

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you have sin consciousness... and this can be resolved.

John is talking to me in 1 Jn 3 = the born again do not sin.

John understands thats there is no sin "in Christ".
John understands that you can't be a sinner and be "made the righteousness of God in Christ", and then remain a "sinner".
To be a sinner is to be unrighteous, and the Born Again have God's Righteousness, as "the Gift of Righteousness"
Many " Christians" believe they are naked they can't see they are clothed in the righteousness of Christ, this is due to religion. This would be in my opinion as to why Adam lost fellowship (fear)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and Pisteuo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Many " Christians" believe they are naked they can't see they are clothed in the righteousness of Christ, this is due to religion. This would be in my opinion as to why Adam lost fellowship (fear)

Absolutely.

God came here to give us what we dont have. = Righteousness.

God is Righteous. Heaven is the same.
For us to be where God is, to live there, we have to have the SAME Righteousness.
We can't get this for ourselves, as we have SINNED.
So, God came here, took care of our sin, and Gave us His very Righteousness.
"Salvation">. "The GIFT of Righteousness".

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just as Adam was ashamed of his nakedness and hid form God, I think too many Christian act the same way. They can't believe that they are forgiven so that when they do something they are ashamed of they hide from God instead of running to him and confessing like David did. And without that assurity of forgiveness they just lose hope.

Reactions: marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Absolutely.

God came here to give us what we dont have. = Righteousness.

God is Righteous. Heaven is the same.
For us to be where God is, to live there, we have to have the SAME Righteousness.
We can't get this for ourselves, as we have SINNED.
So, God came here, took care of our sin, and Gave us His very Righteousness.
"Salvation">. "The GIFT of Righteousness".

What God sees as righteousness in us is that we be real...honest. And fewer and fewer Christians are able to be honest with themselves, others or God. Most believers now have been programmed to hide themselves behind various verses that they interpret to mean that the ego is saved IN sin. To claim that a person has the righteousness of God by beliefs although still sinning is a heresy. Only by entering INTO Christ do we have His righteousness on us. And that is not a make-believe righteousness by beliefs. It is by grace and power...over real sins.

God justified the publican who saw himself as a sinner. He was seen as righteous before God.
God did NOT justify the Pharisee who looked on others as sinners. (but not himself)

You have missed this very basic lesson.

Reactions: faithfulness

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has it.
Just ask the Cross.

The born again will not die the second death because of sin. There is still eternal darkness as a destination though. There is a fate worse than the second death, or how else would Jesus say to some men that it would be more tolerable for Sodom on that day than for them? The worst fate for humans is actually reserved for religious men, though it's hard to grasp that this would be so. To reiterate, it will be more tolerable for Sodom on that day than it will be for the religious men He was speaking to.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The born again will not die the second death because of sin. There is still eternal darkness as a destination though. There is a fate worse than the second death, or how else would Jesus say to some men that it would be more tolerable for Sodom on that day than for them? The worst fate for humans is actually reserved for religious men, though it's hard to grasp that this would be so. To reiterate, it will be more tolerable for Sodom on that day than it will be for the religious men He was speaking to.
Lamentations 4:6

6 For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

There is more then "darkness" waiting for Christ Rejectors.
There is the Lake of Fire.
The born again, will never see this as their end.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Lamentations 4:6
6 For the punishment of the iniquity of the daughter of my people is greater than the punishment of the sin of Sodom, that was overthrown as in a moment, and no hands stayed on her.

episkopos....

At some point, its possible that you will realize that the Old Testament and the Old Covenant, has been replaced by the New Testament and the New Covenant.
If that day dawns in your comprehension, at some point in the future.... im fully convinced you'll stop living in the Old Testament and quite possibly realize what Jesus accomplished on the Cross, as the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Just as Adam was ashamed of his nakedness and hid form God, I think too many Christian act the same way. They can't believe that they are forgiven so that when they do something they are ashamed of they hide from God instead of running to him and confessing like David did. And without that assurity of forgiveness they just lose hope.

Paul teaches that we are to "come boldly to the Throne of Grace".
We are to understand that our Heavenly Father's door is always open, He is always happy to see us.
And to find this as our behavior.. our Faith..where we can "enter in" with "full assurance".....we have to believe right.
We have to KNOW that all our SIN is forgiven, and we are always CLEAN in the Eyes of God...kept so by the Blood of Jesus.
Once we SEE THIS, our relationship with God become confident, assured, at peace, and sweet.
Its in this place of GRACE, where we find our power, and our Victory, over carnal behavior.

Reactions: Pearl and marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
episkopos....

At some point, its possible that you will realize that the Old Testament and the Old Covenant, has been replaced by the New Testament and the New Covenant.
If that day dawns in your comprehension, at some point in the future.... im fully convinced you'll stop living in the Old Testament and quite possibly realize what Jesus accomplished on the Cross, as the Gospel of the Grace of God.

You are making your opinion to be above God's AND Paul's...who you clearly twist the words of.

But notice what Paul says about righteousness and the Old Testament.

2 Tim.3:16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Reactions: faithfulness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You are making your opinion to be above God's AND Paul's...

No,
im just pointing out your Legalism.
Your recent Thread points it out even more clearly.
You wrote that Jesus saves us in our sin, or from our sin...
And in fact He does neither..>He became our sin, so that we can become God's Righteousness, and by becoming God's righteousness, we are born again.
You wrote a Thread about the "gospel" and you can't even teach it, because you have no idea what it is... at all.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he became afraid because he suddenly understood good and evil. And then he began to make judgments about himself. I'm NAKED! That's evil! I have to hide!

And we've all been doing the same ever since.

So then God searches for us, but we don't believe that He's really removed our sin. So we still hide.

Much love!