The Visible Creator

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

herald

Oct 2, 2006
"In the beginning, God (Elohiym-the Triune God) created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the waters." Gen 1:1,2.

Jesus Christ: "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature. For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and by Him all things exist...For it pleased the Father that in Him should all fullness dwell." Col 1:13-19.

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." 1 John 1:1-5.

The Holy Spirit: "By His Spirit He hath garnished the heavens; His hand hath formed the crooked serpent." Job 26:13.

"Thou sendest forth Thy Spirit, they are created: and Thou renewest the face of the earth." Ps 104:30.

Exhibits:

The Deity of God: "For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse." Rom 1:20.

The Power of God: "Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of His understanding." Isa 40:28.

The Glory and Handiwork of God: "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth His handywork." Ps 19:1.

The Wisdom of God: "O Lord, how manifold are Thy works! In wisdom hast Thou made them all: the earth is full of Thy riches." Ps 104:24.

"To Him that by wisdom made the heavens: for His mercy endureth forever." Ps 136:5.

The Goodness of God: "He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord." Ps 33:5.

Glorifies God: "And all Thy works shall praise Thee, O Lord; and Thy saints shall bless Thee." Ps 145:10.

"Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing; as unto a faithful Creator." 1 Pet 4:19.

When we celebrate the Sabbath, we are honoring Him as our Creator.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
"Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing; as unto a faithful Creator." 1 Pet 4:19.

When we celebrate the Sabbath, we are honoring Him as our Creator.
True,we enter into Christ who is our Sabbath rest:
Hebrews 4:9-10
9 There remains therefore a rest to the people of God. 10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

and also check this out.

Romans 8:10-28
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwells in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if you live after the flesh, you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waits for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groans and travails in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees, why does he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And He that searchs the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our Creator is an invisible spirit in the heavens, for Jesus told the Samaritan woman that "God is a Spirit."(John 4:24) Hence, God is not "the Triune God", but rather is our Maker, with Jesus Christ, in his prehuman existence, being his "master worker".(Prov 8:30) Proverbs 3:19, 20 says that "Jehovah himself in wisdom founded the earth. He solidly fixed the heavens in discernment. By his knowledge the watery deeps themselves were split apart, and the cloudy skies keep dripping down light rain."

At Jeremiah 10:10, Jeremiah wrote that "Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite." Jeremiah then says that Jehovah "is the Maker of the earth by his power, the One firmly establishing the productive land by his wisdom, and the One who by his understanding stretched out the heavens....He has made even sluices for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses."(Jer 10:12,13) Thus, Jehovah God, with "his understanding stretched out the heavens", and made the weather patterns to cause rain to fall from the clouds as if they had "sluices", and wind to move this rain where needed.(Ecc 1:6)

At Isaiah 40:22, Isaiah provides a sound basis for us to look to God in heaven, for he wrote that "there is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth....who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell."(Isa 40:22) Isaiah further says that "this is what the true God, Jehovah, has said, the Creator of the heavens and the Grand One stretching them out; the One laying out the earth and its produce, the One giving breath to the people on it, and spirit to those walking in it."(Isa 42:5) Our Creator then is Jehovah God, who gave "breath to the people on" the earth, and "spirit (or our active life force) to those walking in it."

In Isaiah 44, God alone is seen as "stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth." He then asks: "Who was with me ?" He answers this, by saying that "my own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens."(Isa 48:13) No other God (or Almighty One) has existed with him, for Jehovah says that "before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I - I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior."(Isa 43:10, 11) In addition, he said that "I am the first and the last, and besides me there is no God."(Isa 44:6)

This again is reiterated, for at Isaiah 45:5, God says that "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me, there is no God." Hence, Jehovah alone is the true God, for on the night before his death, Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."(John 17:3)

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
There are many names of God Jehovah is just one of perhaps 200.

Our Creator is an invisible spirit in the heavens, for Jesus told the Samaritan woman that "God is a Spirit."(John 4:24) Hence, God is not "the Triune God", but rather is our Maker, with Jesus Christ, in his prehuman existence, being his "master worker".(Prov 8:30) Proverbs 3:19, 20 says that "Jehovah himself in wisdom founded the earth. He solidly fixed the heavens in discernment. By his knowledge the watery deeps themselves were split apart, and the cloudy skies keep dripping down light rain."

At Jeremiah 10:10, Jeremiah wrote that "Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite." Jeremiah then says that Jehovah "is the Maker of the earth by his power, the One firmly establishing the productive land by his wisdom, and the One who by his understanding stretched out the heavens....He has made even sluices for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses."(Jer 10:12,13) Thus, Jehovah God, with "his understanding stretched out the heavens", and made the weather patterns to cause rain to fall from the clouds as if they had "sluices", and wind to move this rain where needed.(Ecc 1:6)

At Isaiah 40:22, Isaiah provides a sound basis for us to look to God in heaven, for he wrote that "there is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth....who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell."(Isa 40:22) Isaiah further says that "this is what the true God, Jehovah, has said, the Creator of the heavens and the Grand One stretching them out; the One laying out the earth and its produce, the One giving breath to the people on it, and spirit to those walking in it."(Isa 42:5) Our Creator then is Jehovah God, who gave "breath to the people on" the earth, and "spirit (or our active life force) to those walking in it."

In Isaiah 44, God alone is seen as "stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth." He then asks: "Who was with me ?" He answers this, by saying that "my own hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my own right hand extended out the heavens."(Isa 48:13) No other God (or Almighty One) has existed with him, for Jehovah says that "before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none. I - I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior."(Isa 43:10, 11) In addition, he said that "I am the first and the last, and besides me there is no God."(Isa 44:6)

This again is reiterated, for at Isaiah 45:5, God says that "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. With the exception of me, there is no God." Hence, Jehovah alone is the true God, for on the night before his death, Jesus prayed to his heavenly Father: "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."(John 17:3)

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many names of God Jehovah is just one of perhaps 200.

At Isaiah 42:8, God says: "I am Jehovah.That is my name." And at Exodus 3:15, God told Moses: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation." Later, again God told Moses: "I am Jehovah. And I used to appear to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as God Almighty (a title), but as respects my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them."(Ex 6:3)

Hence, God has only one name, but many titles, just as a mother is known by Mary, but carries many titles, such as housekeeper, accountant, or nursemaid.