The Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are repeating yourself and, no, you have not heard what I said. It did not fit your pattern so it was water off a duck's back. It is not the general logic of man but it is the logic of Stranger and without it apparently no one can do a thing. Even God is bound by your rules as you put it. I guess we are finished here as you cannot hear me and you have nothing new to say.

I have heard exactly what you have said. You said the Bible is not the written Word of God. You and others are playing games with the Scripture. You declare it is not the Word of God, but when confronted with that declaration, you then want to say 'no, I did not say that'.

Why should there be anything 'new' to say? We are back at the starting place with the Bible in question as the Word of God. It is not me that created the Bible. It is God. It is not me that wrote the Bible, it is God. Didn't He?

Do not flatter yourself as on some spiritual plane that I cannot hear you. You are not. You are in a place of denying the Scripture its rightful place before God.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I finally got the reply I wrote here, it had been after many years of struggling trying to make peace between what I had witnessed and what other christians were telling me I had to believe, because according to them that was what the bible taught...Trouble was, a couple of different fellowships had different ideas...so I really began asking Him....I can't help the answer I got..that is what He said !!.......In case you didn't read it, He did confirm that there are Word from God to man in the Bible, but thankfully He put into perspective for me, by there also being other words in there.....As I have said many many times on this forum.....I can't make Him or what He has said real for anyone else...but He can, if they would ask Him....Those of you who do not like His answers, what am I supposed to do about that ? So I will follow what He has shown me, and you can do what seems right to you....I am still learning every single day of my life and I expect that to be so until the very end.

I don't know why you posted my question but didn't answer it. What do you benefit from not believing the Bible is the written Word of God?

And, why shouldn't you reject your view as to what the Word of God is? You reject the Scriptures because there are various accounts of the resurrection in the Gospels. Yet with your view of the Word, there will be many accounts of many things as to what God said. Just look at you and I. You are saying the Bible is not the Word of God. God told you this, you say. I am saying God has told me that the Bible is the written Word of God. Now what?

You are claiming that God has revealed to you that the Bible is not the written Word of God. Of course I do not like your claim. It is contradictory to the Word of God. And, more importantly, God would not reveal that to anyone because that is a lie. It makes God a liar. And, it makes the spirit, whomever it is you are listening to, not God.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
both Christ and Paul refer to much extra-Biblical Scripture, as Quoted in the Bible
Please can you expand that a little for me...
boy, so many i would surely miss a bunch, the first return in the link would serve better i guess
both Christ and Paul refer to much extra-Biblical Scripture, as Quoted in the Bible - Google Search

the Book of Truth is ref'ed, Jannes and Jambres, the Gospel of Thomas, lots of others. The Book of Enoch. We have these last two today, but they are likely not the ones referred to i guess? i dunno

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What do you benefit from not believing the Bible is the written Word of God?
the freedom to read what It tells us, that scribes will translate It for their own agenda, etc.
The freedom to question "Easter" iow, and keep looking deeper.
it's realizing that you might define "Bible" diff than me, see

of course this is just my perspective, personally i got no idea where mjr et al are coming from.
Word never contradicts the Book

oh, but also the freedom to discover what "Word" really is, ya
works just like your word or my word, same mechanism.

Reactions: amadeus and pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@prashanthd While I do not agree with you I do see and understand your point. I try not to reject anyone's way of believing or serving God out of hand even if it is different than mine and the conclusions drawn are different than mine. What I see is that both the Word and the Spirit are necessary to a believer. Our question on this is similar to: Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? Both are necessary and I am not certain that a more definitive answer is necessary to the question so long it is recognized that both are necessary.

As to this thread being the place that this occurs, I might be more concerned about that if the writer of the OP were still around and were concerned. Apparently he is not, so this happens here where it has happened. Has is done anyone any good? God knows.

As to watching TV preachers, I cannot say that I have ever watched a complete sermon or lesson on the scriptures on TV. I don't say that it is wrong for anyone to do it. I just have never done it.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and concerns.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and pia

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard exactly what you have said. You said the Bible is not the written Word of God. You and others are playing games with the Scripture. You declare it is not the Word of God, but when confronted with that declaration, you then want to say 'no, I did not say that'.

Why should there be anything 'new' to say? We are back at the starting place with the Bible in question as the Word of God. It is not me that created the Bible. It is God. It is not me that wrote the Bible, it is God. Didn't He?

Do not flatter yourself as on some spiritual plane that I cannot hear you. You are not. You are in a place of denying the Scripture its rightful place before God.

Stranger
Still nothing new and no admission that you may have missed something. You say you have heard me, but your post tells me a different story. You are still saying that you are right and anyone who disagrees is necessarily wrong. That's the norm as every man believes he is right. Even if you were right your presumption for me is the problem.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
. It makes God a liar
I did reply to your post, but you know what...as usual you just twist what I have passed on......i was surprised at His reply, but I learned a long time ago, that if He says it, then it is the Truth.........You dare call Him a liar, well mate, that's on you.....So what, to keep you and every other person, who tries to contain ALL of God within a few hundred written pages of a book, happy, I should pretend He said something different ? Why do you ignore that I wrote that He did confirm that there are indeed words in the Bible which came from Him to man, who wrote it down....You however, regardless of how many times I and others have touched on this subject, you just go for the jugular.....Why did you even get onto one of my answers again ?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Book of Truth is ref'ed, Jannes and Jambres, the Gospel of Thomas, lots of others. The Book of Enoch.
Sorry, that was silly of me, I had heard of a couple of those...Yeah I saw a show once where they pointed out there had originally been either 22 or 24 Gospels, and that Rome then went ahead and decided which gospels and which other references would go in there. hahaha...And this is what people are willing to kill and to die for ...Cheezz

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still nothing new and no admission that you may have missed something. You say you have heard me, but your post tells me a different story. You are still saying that you are right and anyone who disagrees is necessarily wrong. That's the norm as every man believes he is right. Even if you were right your presumption for me is the problem.

That is because I didn't miss anything which you have written. I have an old Book sitting on my desk. It is called the Holy Bible. As it sits there unopened, it is the written Word of God. It does not become the Word of God because the Holy Spirit uses it. It is the Word of God because the Holy Spirit wrote it.

If a man comes to that written Word and reads it and rejects it, it is still the Word of God. Just because one does not believe it does not make it not the Word of God.

The believer has the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is active in giving the believer understanding in the written Word of God. But He only gives him understanding as he is ready. Thus the believer is always learning in the Bible. That doesn't mean that which was written by the Holy Spirit which the believer does not understand is not the Word of God. In other words, acknowledging the importance of the Holy Spirit in giving understanding in His Word, does not make the written Word not the Word of God.

Did God write the Bible or not? What benefit is it to you to believe that the Bible is not the written Word of God?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did reply to your post, but you know what...as usual you just twist what I have passed on......i was surprised at His reply, but I learned a long time ago, that if He says it, then it is the Truth.........You dare call Him a liar, well mate, that's on you.....So what, to keep you and every other person, who tries to contain ALL of God within a few hundred written pages of a book, happy, I should pretend He said something different ? Why do you ignore that I wrote that He did confirm that there are indeed words in the Bible which came from Him to man, who wrote it down....You however, regardless of how many times I and others have touched on this subject, you just go for the jugular.....Why did you even get onto one of my answers again ?

You replied to my post, yes. You just didn't answer my question. What do you benefit in believing the Bible is not the written Word of God?

Yes, I know you said some things in the Bible are the Word of God. But that is not believing the Bible is the Word of God. Just some things which the spirit you are listening to tells you.

Again, your claim for rejecting the Bible as the written Word of God is inconsistent with your claim of what the Word of God is. You reject for reasons of differing accounts in the Bible of the resurrection. Yet you create many more accounts in leaving it to the individual to determine the voice that is speaking to him and what it is saying.

You say the Spirit of God will always say the same thing, which can only mean what ever you are saying is the right thing. And any other must be wrong. Once you abandon the Bible as the Word of God, you are left to the voice you hear. And that voice can be imitated. Of course you will say 'another's voice they will not hear'. Yet Eve heard another's voice, and listened. And that when she was in a state of sinlessness.

In short, what you are saying makes no sense. You get no benefit from denying the Bible as the written Word of God. You create greater confusion in making it subjective to every individual and the voice they hear. And you establish a rule whereby all must agree with you or they cannot be listening to God.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have made your mind up about this, thus you would never ask Him to clarify it for you......When we think we know something already, we stop looking for answers..

God says in the Bible that He wrote it. His Spirit. Should I look for reasons to not believe Him?

God says, in the Bible, that Jesus Christ is His Son, Lord and Saviour of the world. Should I look for reasons to not believe Him?

When one casts doubt upon the Bible, that it is not the written Word of God, should I believe them?

When one casts doubt on the Jesus Christ, that He is not the Lord and Saviour of the world, should I believe them?

It is not wrong to think we know something when we do indeed know it. And what I know will be based upon the written Word of God. I will be right or wrong based upon it. Any voice I hear will be governed by what the written Word says. It will not be in opposition to what the written Word says.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry, that was silly of me, I had heard of a couple of those...Yeah I saw a show once where they pointed out there had originally been either 22 or 24 Gospels, and that Rome then went ahead and decided which gospels and which other references would go in there. hahaha...And this is what people are willing to kill and to die for ...Cheezz
the origin of most Christians' faith is Rome, whether we like to admit it or not. Goes double for Protestants imo

Reactions: amadeus and pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I will be right or wrong based upon it.
imo it has been made pretty plain at this point what the intent really is there, at realizing that Book is not Word, Stranger.
You can celebrate fertility rites to Easter (a goddess, not a certain holiday) during Passover, if you follow a "Bible" too, see, and God never wrote "Easter" down anywhere now did He.

and as tempting as it might be to say that God wrote the original, so the Word could still be accessed, this ignores that we no longer speak in that language, which even current Hebrews do not understand; we rely on translations iow.

it is a sin to call a Bible the Word, once you know better;
you know the parameters for giving your word, but somehow God's Word is exempted from these parameters, see, so one can have bullets to condemn others with, right

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is because I didn't miss anything which you have written. I have an old Book sitting on my desk. It is called the Holy Bible. As it sits there unopened, it is the written Word of God. It does not become the Word of God because the Holy Spirit uses it. It is the Word of God because the Holy Spirit wrote it.

If a man comes to that written Word and reads it and rejects it, it is still the Word of God. Just because one does not believe it does not make it not the Word of God.

The believer has the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is active in giving the believer understanding in the written Word of God. But He only gives him understanding as he is ready. Thus the believer is always learning in the Bible. That doesn't mean that which was written by the Holy Spirit which the believer does not understand is not the Word of God. In other words, acknowledging the importance of the Holy Spirit in giving understanding in His Word, does not make the written Word not the Word of God.

Did God write the Bible or not? What benefit is it to you to believe that the Bible is not the written Word of God?

Stranger
Actually we are not so far apart of some things for the one point. Is it minor? I won't even try to make that judgment. God knows. May God richly bless you as you continue to strive to follow Him.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually we are not so far apart of some things for the one point. Is it minor? I won't even try to make that judgment. God knows. May God richly bless you as you continue to strive to follow Him.

And you also.

Stranger

Reactions: amadeus