There Ain’t No Way This Guy Is Saved......Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Wonderfully Blessed with a life Full Of Joy and Assurance....it’s a reward from God .....I got that reward by following the Commandments that all the Commandment Lovers in Legal Land always seem to ignore.....it’s the command to “ Rest in the Gospel “ or be guilty of “ disobedience” and “ unbelief”.....Read all about it in Hebrews 3 and 4......

Hebrews 3:13 is a verse that backs up what I was saying about sin hardening our hearts to unbelief.

Hebrews 3:13 KJV

13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

In Hebrews 4, I can see that some might be interpreting the word "works" as "efforts to be righteous".
Hebrews 4:10 KJV

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

But how can this be when the very next verse says
Hebrews 4:11 KJV

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

It would seem that Hebrews 3 and 4 is painting a picture of sin leading to unbelief and the loss of rest or the promised land or heaven. I see it as a direct warning that we can lose the salvation we were called for through the deceitfulness of sin and unbelief.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except belief by itself isn’t our part.

Repentance is part of salvation- Jesus said He came to call sinners unto repentance and said unless we repent we perish. Paul taught repentance toward God and faith towards Jesus is necessary.

Peter said repent and be baptized in Acts 2:38, and we must repent to have our sins forgiven Acts 3:19 - repentance means to change your mind about sin, be sorry for our past sins, and turn to God.

And scripture says if anyone be in Christ they are a new creature - Old things pass away, all things become new.

When born again there is a big change that comes upon us. We don’t continue the same carnal behavior - I believe the OP mentioned sexual sins, too, that would stop if he got saved.

Repentance IS Mandatory for Salvation.....you just have to know how to properly define it.....to Repent is to have a “ mind change” ( from the Greek Word Metanoia) . If a person does not Believe the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and then “changes his mind” about it , deciding to Rest in it and it Alone for His Salvation, he has done all the Repenting he needs to do to get Saved.....

A person MUST be “ Born Again” to become Saved.....Only Trusting Jesus Alone will accomplish that....” Repenting Of Sins is never a bad thing , but it will not cause you to become “ Born Again” , which is mandatory for getting saved.....that is why nowhere in the KJV Bible does it say to “ Repent Of Sins to get Saved “

If the Bible says” repent” .... by all means DO IT ! Express sorrow for sins, try not to do them again—- whatever! Once one “ becomes” saved, Repentance Of Sins will occur naturally to maintain peace with God.....it is a Fruit Of The Spirit.....

However , Before a person gets Saved , if you think that guilt over sins ( Judas was King in that department! Where did it get him?) or the resolve to “ turn over a New Leaf” is going to get you Saved, you may become a more Moral person , but that is all......Hell is Chock -Full Of “ Moral “ people......

The only type of Repentance that is Mandatory in regard to Salvation is the type of Repentance illustrated by the Sinful Publican in Luke 18, where one sees he is a Lost Sinner That MUST have a Savior.....” Lord, have Mercy on me , a Sinner” .....the Repentance that means “ turning to God” like the evil Tax Collector did will get you Born Again ....the Repentance That means one feels guilty for his sins and will do his best to “ clean up his act” , without involving a turn to Jesus to get His Imputed Perfection That you cant even come “ close” to obtaining, Despite your best intentions, will just get you damned.....

Many people are Lost because they thought “ Repenting Of Sins” was God’s Recipe for Salvation.....nope, the Recipe is ( God speaking ) “ Turn to me ( Repent) with Faith in Jesus Christ and I will Save you to the Uttermost ....

So yes, Repent! It is mandatory—— just makes sure you get it right —- it ain’t Turn “ from” sins (although that is something you will do once you get the Holy Spirit in you ) it’s turn “ TO” God, with Faith in the Finished Work Of The Cross.....

Do you “ get well” before you “ turn” to a Doctor? Of course not.....you “ turn “ to the Doctor and he die what needs to be done.....Salvation is like that.....” Turn to Me and I will Turn to you” .....THAT type of Repentance got the Publican Saved.....it got yours truly Saved.....it will get YOU Saved.....God Bless us in the understanding of these things.......

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus did NOT say , “ If you will confess me before men plus keep my commandments , I will confess you before my Father” .......if that is what he really wanted, why would He pass up the Golden Opportunity to just say so ?

We can’t forget that Salvation is a “ Gift” ......all one has to do is Accept it or reject it....Salvation was very costly to God , but Free to all that will Rest in the Gospel Of Grace......Accept the Free Gift Of God , “ Given to those that do NOT work for it “ and that will have God give you His Holy Spirit and given enough time , that Spirit will Transform a person from the inside out and you will “ find” yourself doing those things that please God.....the things that you have pointed out....

Whoosh! Looks like my point went right over your head.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith alone ain’t biblical
No one is saved until the hour of death matt 24:13

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spare me your prayers—— do what Jesus and the Disciple Of Jesus, Peter said to do in the Book Of 2nd Peter—— “Listen to Paul...he is hard to understand sometimes but everything he writes is as Valid as Scripture” ( paraphrased )

The Holy Spirit inspired Paul to say, “Follow me as I follow Christ” .....Get out of the Four Gospels, (not that there is anything wrong with that) and how Jesus dealt with the Jews who were under Law as was Jesus and study Paul , the official Secretary Of Jesus after Jesus’ Ascension who Jesus used to reveal the “ Mysteries” Of God, hidden in the days of Jesus earthly ministry, and get with the New Program —- this Wondrous Age Of Grace !
I just watched the most foul vile song i ever seen . I bet if any of these folks singing it were to claim they believe in JESUS
BB would agree and say yep they are saved . Folks we know people by their fruits .
John had it right . IF anyone loves not RIGHTEOUSNESS nor his brother they are lost peroid .
Even if a man say HE knows HIM , THEY are LOST . WE know them by their fruits BB .
This has got to be the most gut wrenching song i ever heard . BUT it does show us just how far along we truly are in the end days .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No true born again lamb could sing such a song and participate in this . YE shall know them by their fruits BB .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE=

Ok Paul taught faith alone???
rom 13:11
1 cor 13:2
1 cor 13:13
Phil 1:29

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are absolutely wrong. Paul said we are to judge those in the church, and throw the sinner out the door if he’s living sinfully way as a believer, completely refuting your claim.

Co 5:9 I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—

1Co 5:10 not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

1Co 5:11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

1Co 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge?

1Co 5:13 God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person from among you.”

You really need to read the Bible and actually learn what it says.

Christians are to be fruit inspectors of fellow believers.
And remind others that they might be Careful to MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS that they be not UNFRUITFUL .
I often heard a lot of reminders TO DO by the early church . Yet today its called legalism .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And remind others that they might be Careful to MAINTAIN GOOD WORKS that they be not UNFRUITFUL .
I often heard a lot of reminders TO DO by the early church . Yet today its called legalism .
The apostles have authority from Christ not you curits

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

I am doing much better. My marriage was in trouble in the past. Now it is flourishing. We are happy and live our days in peace and blessedness.

I do have joy. I do have assurance. I found it in the Scriptures. I used to walk in unrepentant sin and pride. But everything changed when I started reading Scripture for myself.

I was distressed in the past because I had no fruit. I couldn't see it in my life. I had no assurance because the evidence of Christ in my life wasn't there. And because of medical reasons.

But now it is there. We can debate about how it got there. But my point is that its there. Its by God's grace but I had to choose to walk away from the sins that were getting in the way of that fruit bearing.

I don't believe in lucky repentance or that you lose your salvation over every sin.

But we must not cherish sin in our hearts. Sin without repentance leads to unbelief.

At one point, I knew I had messed up. I was ashamed of how I had hurt my loved ones. But a passage in Ezekiel gave me hope.

Ezekiel 18:27
King James Version

27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

And when meant anytime! I was wicked but I could turn and do right today.

God wasn't looking to punish me for my sins. To be angry at me and hold them against me. He just wanted me to turn from them and do right.

That is reassuring to me.
Most that BB accuses of believing in lucky repentance , BELIEVE in no such thing .
GOD is in control . Just as david erred , GOD sent one to correct David unto repentance .
exactly sister , HIS DESIRE is that none do perish . Its why HE warns and Unctions those who might be in error .
To repent of said error . Ye shall truly know them by their fruits . When david erred
and later was corrected by nathan , DID HE say , I AM KING , I DID NO WRONG , GOD KNows my needs .
NOPE . HE felt massive sorrow and grease lightning quick REPENTED .
GOD will show us our hidden faults . He will make known to a lamb its heart .
We must keep the original pattern . Speak sound biblical doctrine so as the church can grow .
IF one errs , then immediately correct the one in sin . Even seperating them out . Seperation is part of
the original pattern . It often leads one to sorrow to repentance . But leaving the one in error within
and maintaining fellowship , NOW that leads to the leavening of the entire lump . I SEEN this often .
Under seeker friendly , the non correcting non judging mindset , LED TO LEAVEN TAKING OVER THE PLACE .
Now they often honor said sins . Leaven kills . WE must keep the original pattern .
Remember pauls words , Beware BRETHREN lest their be in any of you an evil heart of unbeleif
IN departing from the living GOD , EXHORT one another DAILY , UNLESS ANYONE DOES
become HARDENED through the deceitfulness of sin . You right sister , SIN WILL HARDEN THAT HEART RIGHT TO UNBELIEF .
Lead them right to another jesus , to one that accepts their sin . I HAVE SEEN THIS TOO .
WE must stand firm upon the glorious Lord and take all His teachings upon our heart . Keeping by the Holy Ghost
those reminders and those of the apostels , RIGHT ON OUR HEARTS . STIR YE ONE ANOTHER UP with all those reminders .

Reactions: Wynona

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles have authority from Christ not you curits
Is this to me or curtis . Slow down my friend . Focus and concentrate .
As for rebuking , read pauls own letters , He not only told titus and timothy to rebuke
He told even the common believers to rebuke and correct error .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this to me or curtis . Slow down my friend . Focus and concentrate .
As for rebuking , read pauls own letters , He not only told titus and timothy to rebuke
He told even the common believers to rebuke and correct error .
For Curtis
As I said only the apostles had authority

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER who is in heaven.
The Disciples asked Jesus,” What is the Will Of The Father ?”

Jesus responded ,” This is the Will Of The Father — to BELIEVE in the One that He sent”......quite simple and Nothing has changed......
And you MIGHT have a case - if that's ALL the Bible says.
Unfortunately - there is MUCH more to Biblical "belief" than simple "easy-believism" . . .

James warns us that even the DEMONS believe in the truths about God and tremble (James 2:19) - but that's NOT enough to save them.
This is what the Bible means about having true FAITH in christ - and NOT just "believing" . . .

- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)

- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)

- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)

- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)

- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)

- Suffering with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

Unless you're willing to do ALL that - you might as well believe i the Tooth Fairy to save you . . .