Third Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking at this from a slightly different direction.

2Sa 22:7
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Where is God's temple?
That would be the first?

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
But he spake of the temple of his body.
Where is this temple?
Would this be the second?

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Psa 11:4
The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Rev 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Where is God's temple?
That would be third?

And what is the abomination that makes desolate?
Sin?

What is the daily sacrifice?
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Give us this day our daily bread.
Spoken daily?
Heb 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Dan 8:12
And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Is this happening NOW?

So many layers in the onion. Sometimes it's hard to get to the core.
But first you have to peel the skin, and then run it under water so it doesn't make you cry.
Just sharing my onion..
HUGS
I agree with you...yet disagree. Christians agree that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit...the body "houses or provides a place" for the spirit to dwell. ...Jesus became the living temple of God...a holy place for Him to dwell.
However, the Jewish people still look for His coming (the first one)...and they believe He can't until His temple is ready for Him to sit upon.
There are Jewish organizations who have already prepared the items that will go inside the temple....and this was a feat in itself because they had to to craft them according to Levitical standards....purification and sanctification of those involved.
So yes, a third temple is in the process of being built in Jerusalem. But this is physical.
We are spiritual...
And everything in scripture has a physical and spiritual aspect.
IMHO...the OT is physical in nature and the NT is spiritual.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure that this is a literal earthly temple and not a figurative one?

There's a ton of debate on this.
I personally believe the temple which comes down from heaven in Revelation 21 which is the bride of the lamb.
Is the Kingdom which will rule the new heaven and the new earth that John saw.
And God will be sitting on the throne in HIS temple conducting the wedding ceremony.

Now will there be another temple set up on earth before that happens?
Maybe.
I just don't understand why we have to concern ourselves with it.
It's not the one we're looking for right?

PEACE
and
HUGS

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So yes, a third temple is in the process of being built in Jerusalem.

This is not true...

That's the reason I started this thread.

The reasons I stated in earlier posts detail out the many reasons why this is not true.

That's not to say that the logistical reasons are not subject to change.
In fact they must change if one is to be built at all.

Reactions: historyb and Ziggy

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally believe the temple which comes down from heaven in Revelation 21 which is the bride of the lamb.
Is the Kingdom which will rule the new heaven and the new earth that John saw.
And God will be sitting on the throne in HIS temple conducting the wedding ceremony.

Now will there be another temple set up on earth before that happens?
Maybe.
I just don't understand why we have to concern ourselves with it.
It's not the one we're looking for right?

PEACE
and
HUGS

This thread was designed to explain the logistics of building an earthly Temple. And many people are looking for one as a sign that end times are upon us.

Temple construction will start out very slowly.

If they get started at all.

Reactions: historyb

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you...yet disagree. Christians agree that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit...the body "houses or provides a place" for the spirit to dwell. ...Jesus became the living temple of God...a holy place for Him to dwell.
However, the Jewish people still look for His coming (the first one)...and they believe He can't until His temple is ready for Him to sit upon.
There are Jewish organizations who have already prepared the items that will go inside the temple....and this was a feat in itself because they had to to craft them according to Levitical standards....purification and sanctification of those involved.
So yes, a third temple is in the process of being built in Jerusalem. But this is physical.
We are spiritual...
And everything in scripture has a physical and spiritual aspect.
IMHO...the OT is physical in nature and the NT is spiritual.
Isn't that what the book of Acts is all about though?
Trying to convince the Jews that they have to come through the gate instead of trying to climb over the wall?
Is the Church's mission failing?
:(

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true...

The reasons I stated in earlier posts detail out the many reasons why this is not true.

Alright JohnDB,
Now I understand the premise for the thread..
and so I'm gonna go play in the other gardens because
I have no idea how to build a temple.
Thank you for all your replies though
much appreciated :)
HUGS

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't that what the book of Acts is all about though?
Trying to convince the Jews that they have to come through the gate instead of trying to climb over the wall?
Is the Church's mission failing?
:(
Yes and there are Jews who have converted to the Christian faith. The remnant that He has set apart.
But there are still a lot of them who do not accept Jesus as the Messiah.
They were expecting a King (like King David), a ruler, of royal blood, one with power to restore them back to their rightful place....as was prophesied...
So when Jesus came...the said isn't this the carpenter's son, whose mother is Mary?....
Not quite the royal King they were expecting...
Yet Jesus was all those things and their carnal mind could not comprehend it.

Reactions: Ziggy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not true...

Whatever, I won't argue with you. I have watched the videos and programs on it as well as read the articlea.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever, I won't argue with you. I have watched the videos and programs on it as well as read the articlea.
I understand that...
And that's why I started this thread.

People are suggesting that it could go up tomorrow morning and be done by lunchtime. (Figuratively...but not by much)

And I'm explaining the reasons why this cannot happen in so short of a timespan.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that...
And that's why I started this thread.

People are suggesting that it could go up tomorrow morning and be done by lunchtime. (Figuratively...but not by much)

And I'm explaining the reasons why this cannot happen in so short of a timespan.
The video I wanted to share is almost an hour long...but this one is only 12 minutes...

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has virtually no followers.

The altar is built wrong. Right shape but wrong construction.
And no people...

There's a huge reason for this.
It's in the wrong place.

Ashes from the red heifer goes first in the RIGHT location.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“However, the Jewish people still look for His coming (the first one).“
the Jewish people still look for the His coming (the first one) ... all Jewish people?

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

“...and they believe He can't until His temple is ready for Him to sit upon.“
Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“However, the Jewish people still look for His coming (the first one).“
the Jewish people still look for the His coming (the first one) ... all Jewish people?

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

“...and they believe He can't until His temple is ready for Him to sit upon.“
Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Thank you for supplying these scriptures.:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has virtually no followers.

The altar is built wrong. Right shape but wrong construction.
And no people...

There's a huge reason for this.
It's in the wrong place.

Ashes from the red heifer goes first in the RIGHT location.
What they are doing is practicing the ritual. Of course they aren't using the red heifer because there hasn't been one born yet...and when it is born then they certainly won't waste it on practicing.

Reactions: JohnDB

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread was designed to explain the logistics of building an earthly Temple. And many people are looking for one as a sign that end times are upon us.

Temple construction will start out very slowly.

If they get started at all.

First I am talking to @JohnDB and I don't want anyone mad at me. @JohnDB I can understand what you said, when religion or anything that inflames the passion comes out it is not easy to have an intellectual discussion and even I can succumb to that

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Are you sure that this is a literal earthly temple and not a figurative one?

There's a ton of debate on this.
There's a ton of clearly stated prophesies that describe a new Temple.

What most have difficulty with, is thinking it can't be done as things are now. But the Prophets tell us that things will soon be very different!
In no way will the world as it is now, continue on indefinitely. We are told what will happen during the few years left of this Church age; leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus to reign as King over the world for 1000 years. From His Throne in the Temple.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Prophets tell us that things will soon be very different!

More like modern man, evangelicals if you will, tell us things will be different depending on their interpretation of passages. The truth of the matter is looking at things objectively the Ancient Prophets tell us no such thing, further looking at things more objectively we could see we are placing our modern ides, standards, and wishes upon the Ancient Prophets.

I know perfectly well that people will come back at me and say "You don't understand the Bible, you evil evil man" because instead of emotions I would rather take a logical non emotional approach to things and in Christianity that is virtually impossible.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More like modern man, evangelicals if you will, tell us things will be different depending on their interpretation of passages. The truth of the matter is looking at things objectively the Ancient Prophets tell us no such thing, further looking at things more objectively we could see we are placing our modern ides, standards, and wishes upon the Ancient Prophets.

I know perfectly well that people will come back at me and say "You don't understand the Bible, you evil evil man" because instead of emotions I would rather take a logical non emotional approach to things and in Christianity that is virtually impossible.

Without a doubt...
There are many passages that stir up great amounts of emotion within me...
But I'm also a researcher of precise meaning of why what was said in the manner it was said in.

What caused the writer of the scriptures to say this to the particular people it was written to?

And that takes study...lots of it.

Usually I start by diagramming sentences and outlines of paragraphs...so I'm intimately aware of what was said and the focuses.

Its amazing how people think they know what is said but really don't at the same time.

John 1:12 is a perfect example.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Not evil, just deceived, with a strong desire to not be a part of what is so graphically prophesied to happen.

Logic is a perfectly correct approach to Bible prophecy. It is logical to believe the Lord will correct His Creation once again.