Third Temple?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's got nothing to do with a temple. The jews had synagogues in almost every major town. Only for specific feasts did they all have to come to Jerusalem.

But that's the focus of this thread...the Temple. Not a synagogue, not a Tabernacle...the Temple.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I'm not saying that God can't do anything...
Far from that.
But a third Temple here on Earth is going to be a huge brew ha ha...and it's going to take a huge amount of time to accomplish so long as they follow the Law. (I think that they will for a Temple) and besides...first they will clean up all the trash on the Muslim side...there's a bunch usually littered about.

God's Temple in Heaven?
Whole nother critter...
It's already been done.

Yep and for me that is why I do not believe that The Apocalypse of John is future but is symbolic to the Christians living at that time. I know people think I am nuts but that's me

Reactions: JohnDB

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that's the focus of this thread...the Temple. Not a synagogue, not a Tabernacle...the Temple.

Yes, there will be a new temple in the millennium but for all the prophecies of the 70th week, a tabernacle will do.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there will be a new temple in the millennium but for all the prophecies of the 70th week, a tabernacle will do.
Never heard of this before...
It's an outlier for certain.

I wasn't addressing every single outlying theory...
Just the core ones involving the TEMPLE.

Reactions: historyb

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Until you stop your changing of scriptures I'm not going to discuss anything more with you.

It is the "abomination that causes desolation"
Not that abomination you keep stating.

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and the determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

The Holy place is the place that the temple sits, and this is the subject for the very first, when the buildings of the temple were observed by the disciples, and the question of what it would be like at His second advent. This is where the desolation [Satan, the Antichrist] shall sit on mount Zion, making his abominations, or statements that he is the Christ.

The world will be deceived when Satan claims himself to be Christ, for he does have supernatural powers, and he will use them to to draw the peoples of the world to come to peace. He will say, I am Jesus whom ye have been waiting for, and I have come to bring peace to the world, and the world will be brought to peace and prosperity by Satan, the Antichrist. I feel that this time of world peace will come in a matter of months, or a few years. It will come though.

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

In the translation, "the desolate", it is a person, and should be translated "desolator". That desolator is the Antichrist. and is Satan himself. It is not a king in Europe, or the middle east, for Satan is the "star" that fell to the earth in Revelation 9:1, and he will be given the key, or the authority to the bottomless pit.

When the seventh trump sounds, the seventy weeks of years are over, and you will face the Lord Jesus Christ, either as a happy bride [the church], or in shame for chasing after the Antichrist.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*sigh*
I'm familiar with the various theologies. I don't need to be preached at. I'm not needing information to become saved...

I'm trying to have a real world discussion on logistics.

Reactions: historyb

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even though I am a very strange duck in that I'm more versed in scriptures than most people (including those here)....

I am so laughing by such an immodest statement as that! The reality is that you cannot... keep to even simple Bible Scripture as it is written! And several times that has been shown here, not just by me.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*sigh*
I'm familiar with the various theologies. I don't need to be preached at. I'm not needing information to become saved...

I'm trying to have a real world discussion on logistics.

And there is another one of your false excuses at knowledge. Everytime someone has to explain Scripture to you, you claim they are preaching at you or lecturing you!

If you don't like being corrected because YOU DO NOT REALLY KNOW The Scriptures as you infer, then you ought to just refrain from speaking out and instead listen so as to learn something.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there is another one of your false excuses at knowledge. Everytime someone has to explain Scripture to you, you claim they are preaching at you or lecturing you!

If you don't like being corrected because YOU DO NOT REALLY KNOW The Scriptures as you infer, then you ought to just refrain from speaking out and instead listen so as to learn something.

Just because @JohnDB doesn't agree with our over literal interpretation doesn't mean he doesn't know Scripture. Not everyone has to believe or think like you about the Bible

Reactions: JohnDB

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and the determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

The Holy place is the place that the temple sits, and this is the subject for the very first, when the buildings of the temple were observed by the disciples, and the question of what it would be like at His second advent. This is where the desolation [Satan, the Antichrist] shall sit on mount Zion, making his abominations, or statements that he is the Christ.

The world will be deceived when Satan claims himself to be Christ, for he does have supernatural powers, and he will use them to to draw the peoples of the world to come to peace. He will say, I am Jesus whom ye have been waiting for, and I have come to bring peace to the world, and the world will be brought to peace and prosperity by Satan, the Antichrist. I feel that this time of world peace will come in a matter of months, or a few years. It will come though.

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

In the translation, "the desolate", it is a person, and should be translated "desolator". That desolator is the Antichrist. and is Satan himself. It is not a king in Europe, or the middle east, for Satan is the "star" that fell to the earth in Revelation 9:1, and he will be given the key, or the authority to the bottomless pit.

When the seventh trump sounds, the seventy weeks of years are over, and you will face the Lord Jesus Christ, either as a happy bride [the church], or in shame for chasing after the Antichrist.

FYI Guys, Dan. 9:27 is NOT the abomination of desolation that Jesus is talking about in Matt. 24. That reference is from Dan. 11:31 - "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate." The future fulfillment of that prophecy can be found in the "image" of Rev. 13:14-15.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
FYI Guys, Dan. 9:27 is NOT the abomination of desolation that Jesus is talking about in Matt. 24. That reference is from Dan. 11:31 - "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate." The future fulfillment of that prophecy can be found in the "image" of Rev. 13:14-15.

Don't see the problem as they both speak of the same,which can also be found in Mark 13

Daniel 11:31 "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

This army is on Satan's part. Remember in Mark 13:14 where Jesus said, "But when ye shall see the Abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains:" This is it.

Daniel 11:32 "And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries; but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."

Do you know the instructions Jesus and the prophets gave to warn us of the Antichrist? Do you know that almost all of the people living will see the Antichrist before our Lord's return? If this is sealed in your mind, you won't fall or be deceived.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't see the problem as they both speak of the same,which can also be found in Mark 13

Daniel 11:31 "And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate."

This army is on Satan's part. Remember in Mark 13:14 where Jesus said, "But when ye shall see the Abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains:" This is it.

Daniel 11:32 "And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries; but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."

Do you know the instructions Jesus and the prophets gave to warn us of the Antichrist? Do you know that almost all of the people living will see the Antichrist before our Lord's return? If this is sealed in your mind, you won't fall or be deceived.

Just clarifying that the image and where it is placed is the abomination, not the man.

Reactions: n2thelight

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because @JohnDB doesn't agree with our over literal interpretation doesn't mean he doesn't know Scripture. Not everyone has to believe or think like you about the Bible

No, I don't buy into your opinion, because applying men's traditions in place of simple Bible scripture is not really an act of interpreting. It is simply following an agenda SOMEONE ELSE thought up. That is actually what most brethren here do, and it shows they don't really know the Scriptures for themselves.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking at this from a slightly different direction.

2Sa 22:7
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Where is God's temple?
That would be the first?

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
But he spake of the temple of his body.
Where is this temple?
Would this be the second?

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Psa 11:4
The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Rev 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Where is God's temple?
That would be third?

And what is the abomination that makes desolate?
Sin?

What is the daily sacrifice?
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Spoken daily?
Heb 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Dan 8:12
And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Is this happening NOW?

So many layers in the onion. Sometimes it's hard to get to the core.
But first you have to peel the skin, and then run it under water so it doesn't make you cry.
Just sharing my onion..
HUGS

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just looking at this from a slightly different direction.

2Sa 22:7
In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
Where is God's temple?
That would be the first?

Jhn 2:19
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
But he spake of the temple of his body.
Where is this temple?
Would this be the second?

1Co 6:19
What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
Psa 11:4
The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
Rev 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Where is God's temple?
That would be third?

And what is the abomination that makes desolate?
Sin?

What is the daily sacrifice?
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Spoken daily?
Heb 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Dan 8:12
And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.
Is this happening NOW?

So many layers in the onion. Sometimes it's hard to get to the core.
But first you have to peel the skin, and then run it under water so it doesn't make you cry.
Just sharing my onion..
HUGS

Sorry, but you've got a long ways to go in understanding about those things in God's Word. It doesn't work like your onion.

In some Scriptures the mention of God's temple in Heaven is about His House and the new Jerusalem in the heavenlies that is eventually going to come down to this earth per Revelation 21 & 22. I equate it with His Garden of Eden of Genesis 2 that actually used... to be here literally upon this earth. Understanding like this from God's Word is a lot different than the guessing game you're doing.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you've got a long ways to go in understanding about those things in God's Word. It doesn't work like your onion.

In some Scriptures the mention of God's temple in Heaven is about His House and the new Jerusalem in the heavenlies that is eventually going to come down to this earth per Revelation 21 & 22. I equate it with His Garden of Eden of Genesis 2 that actually used... to be here literally upon this earth. Understanding like this from God's Word is a lot different than the guessing game you're doing.
Some people don't like liver either. I used to eat liver and onions all the time.
Until I started thinking about where liver came from, then I lost my appetite.
So now I make homefries with lots and lots of onions.
I like my onions, fried, boiled, broiled, baked, and even sometimes raw.
I'm a big fan of the Onion.
Now some people like red onions, some yellow, some like scallions and others like those little pearl onions found in the sweet pickles.
I like them all.
If you have an onion I would probably like that too. :)
HUGS

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people don't like liver either. I used to eat liver and onions all the time.
Until I started thinking about where liver came from, then I lost my appetite.
So now I make homefries with lots and lots of onions.
I like my onions, fried, boiled, broiled, baked, and even sometimes raw.
I'm a big fan of the Onion.
Now some people like red onions, some yellow, some like scallions and others like those little pearl onions found in the sweet pickles.
I like them all.
If you have an onion I would probably like that too. :)
HUGS

I only like the onions which GOD HIMSELF has provided, not man's onions.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only like the onions which GOD HIMSELF has provided, not man's onions.
Do you feel that way about all food?
Or just onions?
I like to share bread too.
I like all kinds of bread.
Do you like bread?

( "Sorry, but you've got a long ways to go in understanding about those things in God's Word." )

Would you like to share a slice of your bread with me?
It looks like you think I'm hungry.
And I sure would appreciate it
:)
HUGS

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you feel that way about all food?
Or just onions?
I like to share bread too.
I like all kinds of bread.
Do you like bread?

( "Sorry, but you've got a long ways to go in understanding about those things in God's Word." )

Would you like to share a slice of your bread with me?
It looks like you think I'm hungry.
And I sure would appreciate it
:)
HUGS

Study your Bible, ALL... of your Bible. Get a KJV Bible and a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to look up the definitions from the manuscripts of God's Word. Once you've gone through all of God's written Word, then start over again. That MUST be done asking God's help in understanding through His Son Jesus Christ. If He gives you the urge and unction of The Holy Spirit, then God's Word full strength will be sweet as honey to the taste, but bitter in the belly (Rev.10).