This section shows exactly how much you love God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing I can add to that really. But its the lack of posts and visists in case you missed the point. Very little prase here for God.

Praise Forum Discussions:50
Prayer Forum Discussions:344
Testimonial Forum Discussions:47
[URL='https://www.christianityboard.com/forums/christian-debate-forum.8/']Christian Debate Forum Discussions:4,333Heres where your heart is, a good old fight [/URL]
Christian Theology Forum Discussions:5,818 and plenty telling how it is here.

This is how you see the heart of man in public.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Nothing I can add to that really. But its the lack of posts and visists in case you missed the point. Very little prase here for God.

Praise Forum Discussions:50
Prayer Forum Discussions:344
Testimonial Forum Discussions:47
Christian Debate Forum Discussions:4,333Heres where your heart is, a good old fight
Christian Theology Forum Discussions:5,818 and plenty telling how it is here.

This is how you see the heart of man in public.

Who are you referring to?

Please elaborate on "heart of man in public". Please support with references from the Bible. I do not have time to read vain philosophies and explanations of mere mortals.

Reactions: Helen and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here's the number of posts I have in these 3 forums.

26 in Praise
0 in Prayer
7 in Testimonial

What conclusion, if any, can we draw from these numbers?

c

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Point is this is we spend more time talking about what we think in the debating forum. Than we spend in the praise forum. This aint vain its a fact. we have more to say about what we think than what God is doing in our lives. Why is that? Because we have no testimonies FACT.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point is this is we spend more time talking about what we think in the debating forum. Than we spend in the praise forum. This aint vain its a fact. we have more to say about what we think than what God is doing in our lives. Why is that? Because we have no testimonies FACT.

So, based on your choice of subject, how much do you love God?

Stranger

Reactions: prashanthd and Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally Sword I don't see it as you do.
Neither does the OP post condemn me.

If someone has an answer to prayer and posts it, I rejoice with them. If some needs prayer..I will pray with them...but,

'Praise and worship' is a private thing...how much time I spend in praise, worship and prayer....is personal...then, AFTER THAT....I come on here to meet with you all...and chatter about the things of God. What he has shown us all , and where we are on our walk with Him.

Personally....I do not come here to worship or praise. I come here to discuss.
14 "And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them."

This is why I come to this site. :)

Reactions: Josho

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.is personal..
Its a secret? I dont see that in scripture.
It looks like you are missing the point. We spend more time in here on the trivia than talking the commision,our daily walk. what we done today with God going before us. We are content in here talking about all manner of thing that we think we are authoritys on. The reason we dont have testimonys is because we are seeing very little of God moving because of a lack of faith or a willigness to step out and do what we are actully called to do on a daily basis. we will not die to self for chist will we? The point is this we serve our self and notrhing else. we are in here kidding our selves on we love Him. He said IF YOU LOVE ME YOU WILL DO THE THINGS I DO. we dont simple. sorry you disagree with scripture. We are living not much different than the world. its hard to tell a Christian walking on the street. There are many people on the street who do the basic humain things.
These signs will follow those who believe. Were are your testimonys of these signs following. There are very few in here. I dont see much in here or in any church for that matter that Loks like Jesus. And now some will say what about you what are you doing. Like children do. ITS NOT ABOUT ME ITS ABOUT AND I TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT. if not show me where I went wrong. We do not represent Him. It is very clear in here. so instead of getting all hurt as you always do in these forums. why dont you look at what I say . Do you do what Jesus told you to do? You dont.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Point is this is we spend more time talking about what we think in the debating forum. Than we spend in the praise forum.
Fact is I spend more time with the Lord than I do on this forum or reading the bible for that matter, I do have a testimony even one given to me from God which I did not know about, Postings and likes on forums count for nothing in the scheme of things, it what we do with Him that matters.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It looks like you are missing the point. We spend more time in here on the trivia than talking the commision,our daily walk. what we done today with God going before us. We are content in here talking about all manner of thing that we think we are authoritys on. The reason we dont have testimonys is because we are seeing very little of God moving because of a lack of faith or a willigness to step out and do what we are actully called to do on a daily basis. we will not die to self for chist will we? The point is this we serve our self and notrhing else. we are in here kidding our selves on we love Him. He said IF YOU LOVE ME YOU WILL DO THE THINGS I DO. we dont simple. sorry you disagree with scripture. We are living not much different than the world. its hard to tell a Christian walking on the street. There are many people on the street who do the basic humain things.
These signs will follow those who believe. Were are your testimonys of these signs following. There are very few in here. I dont see much in here or in any church for that matter that Loks like Jesus. And now some will say what about you what are you doing. Like children do. ITS NOT ABOUT ME ITS ABOUT AND I TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT. if not show me where I went wrong. We do not represent Him. It is very clear in here. so instead of getting all hurt as you always do in these forums. why dont you look at what I say . Do you do what Jesus told you to do? You dont.
Hello 'Sword'..... Very well put, if we were to spend much more of our time in the actual presence of Him, who has all the power, wisdom, righteousness etc. and if we would openly receive from Him, what He desires for us to give out to others, we would have a very different view of Christians I think. We have to remember, we cannot give out, what we do not have to give...............Peace in Him........Pia

Reactions: Sword

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Personally Sword I don't see it as you do.
Neither does the OP post condemn me.

If someone has an answer to prayer and posts it, I rejoice with them. If some needs prayer..I will pray with them...but,

'Praise and worship' is a private thing...how much time I spend in praise, worship and prayer....is personal...then, AFTER THAT....I come on here to meet with you all...and chatter about the things of God. What he has shown us all , and where we are on our walk with Him.

Personally....I do not come here to worship or praise. I come here to discuss.
14 "And they talked together of all these things which had happened.
15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them."

This is why I come to this site. :)
Hi 'By Grace' We can most certainly do praise and worship by ourselves. It's very uplifting and strength bearing, but there most certainly is also an unmistakable thing which happen when a small or large group comes together as one in praise , but I do believe that should be done in person, not written on a page, we need for the spirit and Spirit to flow free...........Joyfully His Pia

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're such a hypocrite. You admonish and condemn people for doing the exact same thing that you're doing.

m

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fact is I spend more time with the Lord than I do on this forum or reading the bible for that matter, I do have a testimony even one given to me from God which I did not know about, Postings and likes on forums count for nothing in the scheme of things, it what we do with Him that matters.
You gonna share the testimony and encourage the brother bro? the testimonys can be daily.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for your responce. But whats does this mean?
Hi 'Sword' If we do not receive The Word of God and in doing so The Love of God, we cannot give out the love that Jesus asked us to love others with....He said :" Love others as I have loved you." His Love is a higher love and we humans have a hard time letting it flow out of us, as rivers of living water, because most will only allow a trickle into us, if any at all. Have you experienced His Love for yourself? Or have you just read about it and tried to imagine it? There is a huge difference.......All His blessings Pia

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi 'Sword' If we do not receive The Word of God and in doing so The Love of God, we cannot give out the love that Jesus asked us to love others with....He said :" Love others as I have loved you." His Love is a higher love and we humans have a hard time letting it flow out of us, as rivers of living water, because most will only allow a trickle into us, if any at all. Have you experienced His Love for yourself? Or have you just read about it and tried to imagine it? There is a huge difference.......All His blessings Pia
I see His love for us almost daily when I lay hands on the sick and see them healed. I am in here telling what we are in Christ. telling about healing and here like anywhere else is people who are hurt and argue against Gods word. No one can take away from me. My experiances in Christ flowing are above what most christians believe is possible. SO Yes I know the love of Christ in my life and walk. We are the pearl of great price to Him. I am worth the blood. Most dont get that. most say woes unto me a sinner. I was a sinner now I am hidden in Him. You dont get that reading the book.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Is it encouraging or is it discouraging to tell people what they are missing?

What do we lack that God is not working miraculously through us in ways that glorify him before others? Sure I could come up with a few recent things, like him bringing someone before me who needs prayer. But that doesn't make for good testimony.

I think an encouraging approach would be best. To help buildup Christians in the authority they are already granted through Jesus.

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We spend more time in here on the trivia than talking the commision,our daily walk. what we done today with God going before us. We are content in here talking about all manner of thing that we think we are authoritys on.

I have no argument with that...it is true, there's too much- "You are wrong and I am right"going on, in my opinion, but it is just that, it is only 'my opinion'...that being so, we still cannot judge...we have no idea just how much time that brother or sister spends in praise and worshiping , either privately or in a group! "Before his own Master he stands or falls."

I happen to be a moderator on some other site...and when people complain about disliking the discussions or a thread...My answer is always the same:-
I say..."Then why don't YOU go and start some uplifting, different or better threads? ...And, if what is on here 'bothers you'...the simple answer is...then just don't read the threads which bother you!! ( note to self) ...go and read the threads that you enjoy."

Another thought too, that we should think of is. Many people on Christian sites are here because they are retired, and have extra time on their hands. I would much rather think of them being on the site interchanging about 'Christian things'..than think of them just sitting hour on end in front of TV watching rubbish and things that have nothing to do with God or His Kingdom.
Maybe these 'agro' people live alone, or even in Care homes...we don't know...this may be their 'daily Christian contact'. We cannot judge.

Reactions: prashanthd

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have no argument with that...it is true, there's too much- "You are wrong and I am right"going on, in my opinion, but it is just that, it is only 'my opinion'...that being so, we still cannot judge...we have no idea just how much time that brother or sister spends in praise and worshiping , either privately or in a group! "Before his own Master he stands or falls."

I happen to be a moderator on some other site...and when people complain about disliking the discussions or a thread...My answer is always the same:-
I say..."Then why don't YOU go and start some uplifting, different or better threads? ...And, if what is on here 'bothers you'...the simple answer is...then just don't read the threads which bother you!! ( note to self) ...go and read the threads that you enjoy."

Another thought too, that we should think of is. Many people on Christian sites are here because they are retired, and have extra time on their hands. I would much rather think of them being on the site interchanging about 'Christian things'..than think of them just sitting hour on end in front of TV watching rubbish and things that have nothing to do with God or His Kingdom.
Maybe these 'agro' people live alone, or even in Care homes...we don't know...this may be their 'daily Christian contact'. We cannot judge.

If something is wrong you call it what it is. If a Christian takes offence to being called wrong. They need to die to self and live for Christ. Its not judgeing saying something is wrong. That is a fact. I have no idea what time anyone spends with God. Never said I did. I made my asertions on what we can see in here with the post numbers. Fact is the testimonys are very light and so are the prayer forums. So we can conclude from that , that what I said about in here is true. we prefer a debate than are able to give a testimony. caus ethats where we spend our time. If we were to look at the facts out side of the froums and look at athe surveys that have been done in the western world we would find the same, and that goes for the ministers aswell. I dont complian about the discausiions I pointed out what we do or dont do which is very clear to see. The retired or older ones are ment to be an example to the younger ones. They should have more testimonys than the rest of us. But kingdom living is so thin on the ground as can be seen in here. most in here have no idea why Christ died. Just ask them, try it and see what all comes up. But when you ask a question like that they all of a sudden go quite. Then once you say what it is they all , all of a sudden have an opinion, seen it so many times.
Once again why is any thing I said judging please break it done . address it like it was going to a court room and tell me if you could procecute me for judging. Bottom line is this. we spend more time in here talking in the disccusion threads than we do in the tesitmony threads. fact. We have no testimonys or we would share them. Testimonys are for building each other up. So if we do have them, why on earth would you not share them?
We dont spend time in the prayer forums either. and that is another sorry fact. So why dont we have testimonys. wonder if its because we dont see them ever. if thats the case something is very wrong. we could have testimonys every single day if we wanted them, fact.

Please keep in mind I can bareley spell or write properly and I go for the shortest way to my point. Which can look like I am being short.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bottom line is this. we spend more time in here talking in the disccusion threads than we do in the tesitmony threads. fact. We have no testimonys or we would share them. Testimonys are for building each other up. So if we do have them, why on earth would you not share them?
We dont spend time in the prayer forums either. and that is another sorry fact.

As I have already said once...I do not disagree with that.
If the site offends you, and the people who are on it also offend you, and what they choose to do or not do offends you.....then maybe you are on the wrong sort of site. ( I am sure there are praise, prayer and testimony sites )
The majority of us sign up and join a site for 'discussions sake.' And to talk to other Christians.

Malachi 3:16 "they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name."

That is what people are doing here...talking about "God-things' , and I do not see that it displeases the Lord, the scripture proves just the opposite!!

It is not our place to 'tell people' how much they "should" do, or how much time they "should" spend posting in the praise , prayer, and testimony sections.
That is the work of the Holy Spirit, not us.

And..that said...as this IS in the PRAISE section, it is not a place to debate the issue!!!

Reactions: prashanthd

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Is it encouraging or is it discouraging to tell people what they are missing?

What do we lack that God is not working miraculously through us in ways that glorify him before others? Sure I could come up with a few recent things, like him bringing someone before me who needs prayer. But that doesn't make for good testimony.

I think an encouraging approach would be best. To help buildup Christians in the authority they are already granted through Jesus.

You have no idea how far I have come. :) I have tried to be nice, It doesnt work. People just disagree with what I am trying to teach. But Christians are so shallow. they take offence at everything no matter what way you post it.
I have seen very eloquaint people tell the same stroy /truth that I share and they get a slightly better ear. But them that belive what I am teaching except it and most dont. so I am not hear for the majority. Let them with an ear hear. Thats it. I dont have time to waste on people who are shallow and cant die to self. I dont get hurt by what they sa. I just interact if they want,. and dont if they dont. If I see something wrong I call it out. Paul did Peter did Jesus did it. But Christians who are willfully blind . made there own mind up. I am to long in the tooth to believe anything else. They either agree or dont. Here is a fact. Jeus said will I even find ANY FAITH on the earth when I return. That alone tells you we are willfully ignorant. I seen nothing in a church for 21 years nothing no faith no healings no tounges no signs following 100 believers for 21 years, something way wrong.

So no matter how eloquaite I put what I believe in here would make no difference to unbelievers. When I say unbelievers I mean the ones who belive in Christ but dont believe much more about what He said. You have seen the responces to some of my testimonys. I dont get hurt , i understand where they are and how little real teaching they have got. This is all really simple stuff. all you need is what I had, a hearing ear.