Those Pay-Day Blues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Another payday is just about here

And I have no plans like I once did

Because I've got those payday blues

There was a time not so long ago

When every payday felt so new

Now they never seem they do

It doesn't matter how much I'm making

It's all gone on obligations I don't need

So I just don't know what to do

About those payday blues

Oh! those payday blues

Don't want those payday blues

If it could only be like what it was

When I couldn't wait for each payday

Where no dream was out of reach

But now my paydays only get me down

Because there's nothing left over

And my dreams have to be put on hold

So what can I do

About those payday blues

Oh! those payday blues

Don't want those payday blues.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Another payday is just about here

And I've got no plans like I used to have

Because I've got those payday blues

There was a time not so long ago

When every payday made me feel new

But now they don't seem like they do

It doesn't even matter what's coming in

It's all gone on the obligations I've got

So I just don't know what to do

About those payday blues

Oh! those payday blues

Don't want those payday blues

If it could only be like what it was

When I couldn't wait for my pay to get to me

So I could live those dreams I used to dream

But now my paydays only get me down

Because there's nothing left for my dreams anymore

So what can I do

About those payday blues

Oh! those payday blues

Don't want those payday blues.

Good writing. Is it yours?

You’re dreaming about things of no lasting value.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Honing your craft, the work of your hands.

But see all around you the work of his hands.
So you were in no way legitimately interested in the poem I wrote, or discussing the genre I was attempting to accomplish. Because it always goes back to your beliefs, and only your beliefs. When I say how people's beliefs block transmission of communication, this is how I mean. There is absolutely no way you will ever take in other people's information if you are holding onto a belief.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So you were in no way legitimately interested in the poem I wrote, or discussing the genre I was attempting to accomplish.

I told you you that I thought it was good writing. Those are the words of someone who read and liked what you wrote. Those are the words of someone who is genuinely interested in your poem,man’s in you.

I mentioned in one these threads that I’m a direct descendant of Sir Thomas Wyatt, a famous English poet. I’ve always liked poetry and, I suspect, it’s something I’ve inherited from him.

Because it always goes back to your beliefs …

It will always come back to my beliefs. I can’t separate myself from them, and I wouldn’t ever want to, even if I could.

… and only your beliefs.

See my comments above about your poetry.

When I say how people's beliefs block transmission of communication, this is how I mean. There is absolutely no way you will ever take in other people's information if you are holding onto a belief.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I told you you that I thought it was good writing. Those are the words of someone who read and liked what you wrote. Those are the words of someone who is genuinely interested in your poem,man’s in you.

I mentioned in one these threads that I’m a direct descendant of Sir Thomas Wyatt, a famous English poet. I’ve always liked poetry and, I suspect, it’s something I’ve inherited from him.

It will always come back to my beliefs. I can’t separate myself from them, and I wouldn’t ever want to, even if I could.

See my comments above about your poetry.
You didn't have to say anything about God and his hands (Why did you exactly?) This thread is in the non Christian section, and it's subject a new poem. So why exactly did you have to mention that I need to observe Gods hands?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You didn't have to say anything about God and his hands (Why did you exactly?)

I’m a son of the one God.

This thread is in the non Christian section, and it's subject a new poem.

Yes. I said - and I stand by it - that your writing is good. I like your new poem.

You do realize that I don’t self-identify as a Christian - as defined in Christianity Board’s official statement of faith - don’t you?

By arrangement with the staff, and at my suggestion, I’m restricted from posting in the “Christians Only” sections of the board. They’ve been happy with that arrangement and so have I.

I post here with a clear conscience.

So why exactly did you have to mention that I need to observe Gods hands?

I encouraged you to look around you. I have to be true to myself and to my God.

Likewise, you’ve encouraged me not to have beliefs. You have to be true to yourself and to your agnosticism.

I hope you’ll continue to post more poems. I’m looking forward to reading them.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I'm not finished editing it.

I was thinking about your poem this afternoon. Have you finished editing it since we last spoke about it? If you have, I’d really like to see it.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I was thinking about your poem this afternoon. Have you finished editing it since we last spoke about it? If you have, I’d really like to see it.
I have been stuck with that poem for a long while, so I haven't done anything with it. But I have a new poem I wrote for Taylor Swift. Since I used to listen to her music year's ago for emotional inspiration, and I just felt like writing one for her.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It's a interchangeable 4 line poem where any line can be rearranged to fit line 1 to 4 and it will still make a complete poem. I may have to create a animated gif of the poem to show that effect.

Last edited:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Here's the poem in static form.

Title: 8By8

Line 1: You shouldn't have come down here
Line 2: Not now
Line 3: It wasn't the right time
Line 4: Why didn't you listen to you

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have been stuck with that poem for long while, so I haven't done anything with it. But I have a new poem I wrote for Taylor Swift. Since I used to listen to her music year's ago for emotional inspiration, and I just felt like writing one for her.

Have you sent it to her?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Tomorrow's another day.

Why does she hate you?
Because I was being an A-hole about her Christian beliefs, said too many mean things over the phone. Finally she said I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Because I was being an A-hole about her Christian beliefs, said too many mean things over the phone. Finally she said I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Color me skeptical.

If you send her a sincere apology, and if she is what she claims to be, you’ll soon be on speaking terms with her again.

Can you do it?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Color me skeptical.

If you send her a sincere apology, and if she is what she claims to be, you’ll soon be on speaking terms with her again.

Can you do it?
I have thought time from time to do that, but I don't remember her Gmail address in it's entirety. It's taylor1... and some other numbers I've completely forgotten.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I have thought time from time to do that, but I don't remember her Gmail address in it's entirety. It's taylor1... and some other numbers I've completely forgotten.