Thy Kingdom come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's your right to think I'm wrong, but I am not wrong about the false doctrines of Amillennialism, and it's so easy to disprove, which is exactly what my post #29 above did, BY THE SCRIPTURES. Therefore, that proof, FROM GOD'S WORD AS WRITTEN, is what disagrees with that Amillennial theory.

So instead of addressing those Scripture proofs I gave against man's doctrine of Amillennialism, you instead tried to argue against me instead, showing what? It shows that you actually HAVE NO recourse against the written Scripture, so you think you have to attack somewhere else. It reveals the fakeness of men's doctrines you've latched onto, and now has you backed in a corner because of relying on them.

They didn't disprove anything from the scriptures to me and to a lot of other people in this world.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would agree that is true to his covenanted people, primarily the faithful slave whom Jesus assigned. The Bible is the primary way, and then the congregation feeding us so that we can walk in God's ways. Mat 24:45-47; Isa 2:2,3
The purpose of the Bible is to "introduce" us to God, wouldn't you say?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Specifically, no... Could you briefly describe what you have seen?

Absalom had royal blood, was very beautiful in appearance, had many followers, usurped his fathers headship desirous of taking what he had. satan is very comparable Amad.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.
Not sure where you are getting your information Robert. What I was explaining was the decrease of this world of "elements", and the increase of that which is of God whom is spirit...including the new heavens and new earth (which is forever). That was the point and comparison of mentioning John the Baptist.

As long as you know what eh elements are Scott. Yes sir, this world is passing away, and there is a new one to come, if you want to compare elements to righteousness and believe it is a fitting synonym then we agree, soon a righteous new order will replace satans corrupted system.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus taught us to pray, he instructed us to pray for the Kingdom to come, so that God's will would be done on earth as it is in heaven. The Kingdom plays in heavily to the theme of the Bible, and is the primary reason Jesus came to earth, to preach the good news of that Kingdom.

For many this is a new thought, the Kingdom coming to earth, since most have been taught from infancy that you go to heaven when you die, leaving Jesus' words of the meek inheriting the earth somewhat puzzling.

What are some things you foresee about the coming of the Kingdom that you appreciate?

Hello Robert,

From the understanding that God himself, sends through the Lord Yeshua Christ the Holy Spirit, and also the Spirit of Christ to reside in the hearts of individuals. An that these things are coming down from Heaven, to us in this vessel that is of the earth, when we ask for help by the holy spirit, the Kingdom of Heaven is resides with-in us as Jesus said. The Kingdom of Heaven come from us through the holy spirit, and the Spirit of Christ in which is always expressed in love (1 Corinthians 13), and kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, long-suffering, and these like things that are caused by the spirit.

There is a day that is looked forward to, in hope to be with Yahweh, and the Lord Yeshua Christ when the day of death arrive and it is time to leave this world and pass on into the Heavenly Realms, my hope is to be able to go into the Heavenly Jersualem.

Anyway, just desired to share with you that bit of information,
God bless.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the kingdom does not come by observation

I hope you understand the context there Byrd. For the most part it was not about the literal Kingdom Jesus was talking about, rather their rejection of him the Messiah, or King of that Kingdom. Those words were stated to them, who were doing their utmost to keep people blinded as to who he was.
Jesus as King of that Kingdom was standing right there with him, yet they failed to observe this.

Same way many people are unaware today that Jesus has been installed as King of that Kingdom and the last day segment of this world is happening right now. Jesus words of not observing still apply, he also used the words when comparing it to the flood, that the people were eating, drinking, marrying but failed to take note until the flood came and swept them all away. Those who are unaware and cannot observe, simply do not take note of the easily discernible signs Jesus gave.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Although I would agree that it certainly does that Bob, I would not say that is the purpose. The Bible is actually God's words, penned by His people, for His people. I would say that what you said is very accurate from the inception of the new covenant since at that time the opportunity to be in that covenant arrangement became open to all tribes, nations, peoples, and tongues. Rev 5:9,10

So I agree that the Bible evolved to help all individuals to know God, and how to best worship Him. But until Christ it was only for His covenanted people. Jehovah did however allow proselytes to serve Him then as well, but they were restricted. Does that make sense to you sir, as I can see how you might not understand that. Heck I am not sure I understand it myself, and I wrote it. I will state again that the Bible is certainly the best way to come to know God, and it is the only God inspired book on the planet.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
as long as you understand that you can say these things, state these facts, even believe them if you like, but that does not necessarily make them true, ok?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As long as you know what eh elements are Scott. Yes sir, this world is passing away, and there is a new one to come, if you want to compare elements to righteousness and believe it is a fitting synonym then we agree, soon a righteous new order will replace satans corrupted system.
or you might leave the world and stop dwelling on all that entirely, maybe :)
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Compare elements to righteousness?"

The elements that I was referring to are the elements of this world that are to be dissolved...which is part of the man of sin being revealed, made manifest by the same elements of this world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absalom had royal blood, was very beautiful in appearance, had many followers, usurped his fathers headship desirous of taking what he had. satan is very comparable Amad.
I do now understand your point, although it did not click immediately because I do not see satan like that.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Robert,

From the understanding that God himself, sends through the Lord Yeshua Christ the Holy Spirit, and also the Spirit of Christ to reside in the hearts of individuals. An that these things are coming down from Heaven, to us in this vessel that is of the earth, when we ask for help by the holy spirit, the Kingdom of Heaven is resides with-in us as Jesus said. The Kingdom of Heaven come from us through the holy spirit, and the Spirit of Christ in which is always expressed in love (1 Corinthians 13), and kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, long-suffering, and these like things that are caused by the spirit.

There is a day that is looked forward to, in hope to be with Yahweh, and the Lord Yeshua Christ when the day of death arrive and it is time to leave this world and pass on into the Heavenly Realms, my hope is to be able to go into the Heavenly Jersualem.

Anyway, just desired to share with you that bit of information,
God bless.

That is one reason why there are so many faiths Matt, beyond what is listed in the Bible. Spiritual revelations are only given through the assigned faithful slave that was prophesied for these last days Mat 24:45-47; Isa 2:2,3 That is the way God dispenses understanding sir.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Yes, God is an invisible spirit, so he had to speak to us through the mouths of the human prophets-
"God spoke through the prophets, but in these last days through his son" (Hebrews 1:1-2)

Reactions: Bob Estey

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is one reason why there are so many faiths Matt, beyond what is listed in the Bible. Spiritual revelations are only given through the assigned faithful slave that was prophesied for these last days Mat 24:45-47; Isa 2:2,3 That is the way God dispenses understanding sir.

Thank God that Jesus is the only way. He is the way, the truth and the life. Some will choose to follow him, some wont, but God had a plan and may his plan prevail. I believe it is good to follow after Jesus now in this life sir, there is no other way to have peace with Yahweh, God our Father being his children through faith. God bless Robert.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as long as you understand that you can say these things, state these facts, even believe them if you like, but that does not necessarily make them true, ok?

No doubt Byrd, what I say may be truth or fiction, each individual has to determine for themselves what is truth. I most usually back what I say with Scripture, but many will say I misquote it, only time will tell for sure.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or you might leave the world and stop dwelling on all that entirely, maybe :)
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world

We Christians sign on for an eternity Byrd simple as that.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Compare elements to righteousness?"

The elements that I was referring to are the elements of this world that are to be dissolved...which is part of the man of sin being revealed, made manifest by the same elements of this world.

As long as you understand what elements are removed in other words Scott, Ps 37:9-11. It is only the unrighteous things of this system that will be removed, very similar to the flood. Mat 24:37-39

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do now understand your point, although it did not click immediately because I do not see satan like that.

Although satan is not named in the Bible, he was a beautiful creature that seemed to stand out even among his contemporaries which I cannot comprehend, but the Bible called him Lucifer which means shining one. he desired what Jehovah had so much that he turned his back on him, and tried and did successfully get many to follow him. Heck he even tried to tempt Jesus to worship him and leave Jehovah. Absalom was intending to take the Kingdom from his father by force, but died beforehand, satan is gathering his armies as well with the intent, silly as it may seem, to battle God's forces. Rev 16:14-16. It is not going to fare well with him, nor for those who choose to stand with him either.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you understand what elements are removed in other words Scott, Ps 37:9-11. It is only the unrighteous things of this system that will be removed, very similar to the flood. Mat 24:37-39
Well, I do, but I wonder if you have not believed it to be just a sort of washed version of the same old earth rather than the new earth.

The elements are energy, which is the power of God to speak creation, which is true of the old and also the new, but they are different just as that seed that is sown is not that body that shall be.

Do you see it differently?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
what I say may be truth or fiction
ok, that being the case, what happens if you state a fiction as if it were truth?
We Christians sign on for an eternity Byrd simple as that.
“an” eternity is a great way to put it i guess, rg, yes; what does eternity mean? And “we” Christians? Do you speak for all? Dont many “Christians” fall away?

Understand i am dramatizing here to make a point, if you will; how does one in authority speak?