Thy Kingdom come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That is one reason why there are so many faiths Matt, beyond what is listed in the Bible. Spiritual revelations are only given through the assigned faithful slave that was prophesied for these last days Mat 24:45-47; Isa 2:2,3 That is the way God dispenses understanding sir.

Thank God that Jesus is the only way. He is the way, the truth and the life. Some will choose to follow him, some wont, but God had a plan and may his plan prevail. I believe it is good to follow after Jesus now in this life sir, there is no other way to have peace with Yahweh, God our Father being his children through faith. God bless Robert.
yall might take note that that very same Jesus gave the highest praise to the Atheist and the Pagan
Go, and do likewise
I have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although satan is not named in the Bible, he was a beautiful creature that seemed to stand out even among his contemporaries which I cannot comprehend, but the Bible called him Lucifer which means shining one. he desired what Jehovah had so much that he turned his back on him, and tried and did successfully get many to follow him. Heck he even tried to tempt Jesus to worship him and leave Jehovah. Absalom was intending to take the Kingdom from his father by force, but died beforehand, satan is gathering his armies as well with the intent, silly as it may seem, to battle God's forces. Rev 16:14-16. It is not going to fare well with him, nor for those who choose to stand with him either.
Many people, even among those naming themselves as Christian, are it seems standing with men. If men are the adversary [satan], the ones that need to be killed rather than some single exalted creature, how many are even looking for him there and seeking to kill him?

Is Absalom then as Esau?

"I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness." Malachi 1:2-3

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank God that Jesus is the only way. He is the way, the truth and the life. Some will choose to follow him, some wont, but God had a plan and may his plan prevail. I believe it is good to follow after Jesus now in this life sir, there is no other way to have peace with Yahweh, God our Father being his children through faith. God bless Robert.

What does "follow" Jesus really mean Matt?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I do, but I wonder if you have not believed it to be just a sort of washed version of the same old earth rather than the new earth.

The elements are energy, which is the power of God to speak creation, which is true of the old and also the new, but they are different just as that seed that is sown is not that body that shall be.

Do you see it differently?

The earth that is being removed is the wicked humans, the demons, and the political and religious, and commercial systems sir. The physical earth, the planet, abides forever. Ps 104:5; Ecc 1:4
(Psalm 104:5) . . .He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever.
Ec 1:4 One generation goeth, and another generation cometh; but the earth abideth for ever.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, that being the case, what happens if you state a fiction as if it were truth?
“an” eternity is a great way to put it i guess, rg, yes; what does eternity mean? And “we” Christians? Do you speak for all? Dont many “Christians” fall away?

Understand i am dramatizing here to make a point, if you will; how does one in authority speak?

If what I say is false, then best not follow it. You are responsible for your actions and choices. We are commanded to teach others to observe all the things Jesus commanded, and obediently I do that, but I am not inspired, I am not anointed, and I am far from having absolute truth.

When I say "we" Christians, I am speaking for those of my faith, who worship my God Jehovah. Eternity means forever sir. Yes sir many Christians do fall away, in fact more than we took in last year, but only anointed Christians that fall away lose redemption Heb 6:4-6

I believe you do not understand that there are two groups of sheep sir Jn 10:16

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yall might take note that that very same Jesus gave the highest praise to the Atheist and the Pagan
Go, and do likewise
I have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel

He did sir, and of course Jesus never lied, the man was remarkable as you said, why, because like you said, even though he was not one of God's covenanted people, he showed more faith in Jesus than many of Jehovah's people did. He was well right in praising him for his faith in someone he did not even know.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people, even among those naming themselves as Christian, are it seems standing with men. If men are the adversary [satan], the ones that need to be killed rather than some single exalted creature, how many are even looking for him there and seeking to kill him?

Is Absalom then as Esau?

"I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness." Malachi 1:2-3

I think this subject has been covered well Amad.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this subject has been covered well Amad.
Everything has been "covered well" with the answers of men as well as those of God. The problem, of course, is with discernment.

Who is able to hear from God?
Who is able to see His face clearly?Who, in spite of words spoken or written, really wants to...?

Everyone, according to them, is right, which of course includes you and me. For this reason I do strive to go back to the lowest room every day. Without God's help who can even do that?

Give God the glory!

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
or ya, what amadeus said :)
If what I say is false, then best not follow it. You are responsible for your actions and choices. We are commanded to teach others to observe all the things Jesus commanded, and obediently I do that, but I am not inspired, I am not anointed, and I am far from having absolute truth.

When I say "we" Christians, I am speaking for those of my faith, who worship my God Jehovah. Eternity means forever sir. Yes sir many Christians do fall away, in fact more than we took in last year, but only anointed Christians that fall away lose redemption Heb 6:4-6

I believe you do not understand that there are two groups of sheep sir Jn 10:16
not meaning to be…unresponsive here rg, but you are still much too gnostic for me to attempt a conversation with right now? Time was when i would have rephrased some of that up there to illustrate, but that usually doesnt work out so well lol.

do you ever go back and read some of your year-old posts? It can provide a window into how you are perceived fwiw

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If what I say is false, then best not follow it. You are responsible for your actions and choices. We are commanded to teach others to observe all the things Jesus commanded, and obediently I do that, but I am not inspired, I am not anointed, and I am far from having absolute truth
well, then why make statements of absolute truth?

When I say "we" Christians, I am speaking for those of my faith
ah yes, “faith” as a noun…i remember

who worship my God Jehovah
ah Jehovah, that contrivance of the Masoretes that makes YHWH known, ya…you do get that it is YHWH because that is unpronounceable, right. And i guess for whatever reason, they transliterated it rather than translating it, which would be something more like AEOU for us

Eternity means forever sir
ha well you might think so, and it might mean that now, but it didnt when the Bible was being written, and this is easily shown, rg. I wont bother bc it is better for you to find for yourself, but if you find any instance of “eternal” in english that does not come from aion in the NT just let me know ok
what does aion mean

I believe you do not understand that there are two groups of sheep
one hairball at a time, k rg?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The earth that is being removed is the wicked humans, the demons, and the political and religious, and commercial systems sir. The physical earth, the planet, abides forever. Ps 104:5; Ecc 1:4
(Psalm 104:5) . . .He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever.
Ec 1:4 One generation goeth, and another generation cometh; but the earth abideth for ever.
Okay, we can leave it at that...not that one set of verses make void another set. But I will leave you with this:

Genesis 3:17
Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything has been "covered well" with the answers of men as well as those of God. The problem, of course, is with discernment.

Who is able to hear from God?
Who is able to see His face clearly?Who, in spite of words spoken or written, really wants to...?

Everyone, according to them, is right, which of course includes you and me. For this reason I do strive to go back to the lowest room every day. Without God's help who can even do that?

Give God the glory!

To answer your question sir, Jehovah's people.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or ya, what amadeus said :)

not meaning to be…unresponsive here rg, but you are still much too gnostic for me to attempt a conversation with right now? Time was when i would have rephrased some of that up there to illustrate, but that usually doesnt work out so well lol.

do you ever go back and read some of your year-old posts? It can provide a window into how you are perceived fwiw

How I am perceived is irrelevant Byrd. Christians are not understood by the many sir, only by those rightly disposed. Perhaps you noticed an individual agreeing with someone and disagreeing with me when I said the same thing 2 days ago. I have had people who had made posts that I agreed with, change their post because I agreed with them. Why? Because of my faith point blank.

Jesus sent us out to sow seeds of Kingdom truths, and we know in advance that most will fall on bad soil, Mat 13:5. We are aware that those truths will affect some however as they are ordained for life or rightly disposed to everlasting life Byrd Acts 13:48. We know as well that our work of spreading the Good News of the Kingdom of God is not over, why? Because the end is not yet Mat 24:14. When we successfully reach rightly disposed ones to the extent of the earth, to the satisfaction of Jehovah, He will send His forces to remove those who do not know Him, or obey that Good News 2 Thes 1:6-9.

Keep in mind however, I am just a disciple, imperfect to say the least, and far from having absolute truth, so what I say may or may not be true and accurate, that is where your discernment comes in. I have been proven wrong over the years many times, but of course when that happens I immediately reject the falsehood, and grab hold on the the truth. I do so hope that makes sense to you sir, and am always willing to discuss any point in where you feel I fall short. If you think I have made an error, please bring forth the error, and the evidence why I am in error. I will certainly listen, and give you my Scriptural evidence if I believe I am correct.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha maybe covered to death, dunno, but until you realize that we are Esau, not received at all, thus not perceived, imo

The subject was covered to the point of disagreement Byrd. What the heck does Esau have to do with it?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, then why make statements of absolute truth?

ah yes, “faith” as a noun…i remember

ah Jehovah, that contrivance of the Masoretes that makes YHWH known, ya…you do get that it is YHWH because that is unpronounceable, right. And i guess for whatever reason, they transliterated it rather than translating it, which would be something more like AEOU for us

ha well you might think so, and it might mean that now, but it didnt when the Bible was being written, and this is easily shown, rg. I wont bother bc it is better for you to find for yourself, but if you find any instance of “eternal” in english that does not come from aion in the NT just let me know ok
what does aion mean

one hairball at a time, k rg?
You: why make statements of absolute truth?
I would rather make statements of absolute truth over lies any day Byrd.

You:ah Jehovah, that contrivance of the Masoretes that makes YHWH known, ya…you do get that it is YHWH because that is unpronounceable

I personally do not have a hard time pronouncing Jehovah sir, but some brothers call Him Jehover, some Geehovah, which I believe God excepts, kinda depends on where you come from. Why do you think it unpronounceable?

You: ha well you might think so, and it might mean that now, but it didnt when the Bible was being written, and this is easily shown, rg. I wont bother bc it is better for you to find for yourself, but if you find any instance of “eternal” in english that does not come from aion in the NT just let me know ok
Eternal, everlasting, forever are synonyms sir, perhaps one might be easier to understand for you. Perhaps you might define what eternal means to you Byrd.
what does aion mean:
aijwvnioß Aionios (ahee-o'-nee-os);
Word Origin: Greek, Adjective, Strong #: 166
Without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
  1. without beginning
  2. without end, never to cease, everlasting
KJV Word Usage and Count
eternal 42
everlasting 25
the world began 2
since the world began 1
for ever 1

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, we can leave it at that...not that one set of verses make void another set. But I will leave you with this:

Genesis 3:17
Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.

You know I thought the ground is still cursed Scott, just found out a couple of months back that it was lifted, perhaps you are unaware of that as well. Check out this sir: (Genesis 13:10) . . .Lot raised his eyes and saw that the whole district of the Jordan was a well-watered region (before Jehovah destroyed Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah), like the garden of Jehovah, like the land of Egypt, as far as Zoʹar.

That may or may not be an indicator of the curse being lifted, but one thing is for certain, the earth is not producing like it will when the Kingdom comes as the Bible reveals:
(Isaiah 35:1) . . .The wilderness and the parched land will exult, And the desert plain will be joyful and blossom as the saffron.
(Psalm 72:16) . . .There will be an abundance of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains it will overflow. His fruit will flourish as in Lebʹa·non, And in the cities people will blossom like the vegetation of the earth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have had people who had made posts that I agreed with, change their post because I agreed with them
they changed their posts bc you agreed?
How I am perceived is irrelevant Byrd. Christians are not understood by the many sir, only by those rightly disposed. Perhaps you noticed an individual agreeing with someone and disagreeing with me when I said the same thing 2 days ago. I have had people who had made posts that I agreed with, change their post because I agreed with them. Why? Because of my faith point blank.

Jesus sent us out to sow seeds of Kingdom truths, and we know in advance that most will fall on bad soil, Mat 13:5. We are aware that those truths will affect some however as they are ordained for life or rightly disposed to everlasting life Byrd Acts 13:48. We know as well that our work of spreading the Good News of the Kingdom of God is not over, why? Because the end is not yet Mat 24:14. When we successfully reach rightly disposed ones to the extent of the earth, to the satisfaction of Jehovah, He will send His forces to remove those who do not know Him, or obey that Good News 2 Thes 1:6-9.

Keep in mind however, I am just a disciple, imperfect to say the least, and far from having absolute truth, so what I say may or may not be true and accurate, that is where your discernment comes in. I have been proven wrong over the years many times, but of course when that happens I immediately reject the falsehood, and grab hold on the the truth. I do so hope that makes sense to you sir, and am always willing to discuss any point in where you feel I fall short. If you think I have made an error, please bring forth the error, and the evidence why I am in error. I will certainly listen, and give you my Scriptural evidence if I believe I am correct.
Paul has a thing we label “When in Rome,” that might have bearing hear…

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The subject was covered to the point of disagreement Byrd. What the heck does Esau have to do with it?
ha ya, so def covered to death then i guess…and Esau i guess we can leave for later :)

but i suggest that most Christians are invited to be Israel without bothering with Esau or Jacob, and while it might feel good, it prolly just doesnt work like that?

you might quote where the disagreement was, and seek witnesses for/against, noting your bias, or iow be more willing to hear the against, even temporarily

Last edited: