Thy Kingdom come.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I thought the ground is still cursed Scott, just found out a couple of months back that it was lifted, perhaps you are unaware of that as well. Check out this sir: (Genesis 13:10) . . .Lot raised his eyes and saw that the whole district of the Jordan was a well-watered region (before Jehovah destroyed Sodʹom and Go·morʹrah), like the garden of Jehovah, like the land of Egypt, as far as Zoʹar.

That may or may not be an indicator of the curse being lifted, but one thing is for certain, the earth is not producing like it will when the Kingdom comes as the Bible reveals:
(Isaiah 35:1) . . .The wilderness and the parched land will exult, And the desert plain will be joyful and blossom as the saffron.
(Psalm 72:16) . . .There will be an abundance of grain on the earth; On the top of the mountains it will overflow. His fruit will flourish as in Lebʹa·non, And in the cities people will blossom like the vegetation of the earth.
:) We could do this until the cows come home.

I would say those verses refer to food and fruit from heaven--the harvest in the earth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You:ah Jehovah, that contrivance of the Masoretes that makes YHWH known, ya…you do get that it is YHWH because that is unpronounceable

I personally do not have a hard time pronouncing Jehovah sir, but some brothers call Him Jehover, some Geehovah, which I believe God excepts, kinda depends on where you come from. Why do you think it unpronounceable?
its not that i think it is unpronounceable…but as you say, Yah is surely all-forgiving, and we all must start from where we are at i guess
You: ha well you might think so, and it might mean that now, but it didnt when the Bible was being written, and this is easily shown, rg. I wont bother bc it is better for you to find for yourself, but if you find any instance of “eternal” in english that does not come from aion in the NT just let me know ok
Eternal, everlasting, forever are synonyms sir, perhaps one might be easier to understand for you. Perhaps you might define what eternal means to you Byrd.
what does aion mean:
aijwvnioß Aionios (ahee-o'-nee-os);
Word Origin: Greek, Adjective, Strong #: 166
Without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
  1. without beginning
  2. without end, never to cease, everlasting
well, doesnt surprise me too much that Strong’s has been corrupted too now, i guess i even heard about that…and all i can say right now is that i feel for you, rg. But you might contemplate what our english “eon” means, too, and maybe seek other sources. Bc those will lead us to hell i guess; hell is forever, right?

anyway, i guess you get to decide there rg, and aion can mean “forever” if you want it to :)
Does the Greek Word Aion Mean Eternity? | Tommy Redmon

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha maybe covered to death, dunno, but until you realize that we are Esau, not received at all, thus not perceived, imo
Did Esau treat the birthright as too many people today [so it seems to me] treat what they call their unlosable salvation?

When did Jacob do better than Esau?

When have we? What is it in us that God still hates?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Did Esau treat the birthright as too many people today [so it seems to me] treat what they call their unlosable salvation?

When did Jacob do better than Esau?

When have we? What is it in us that God still hates?
ya, the desire to become immortal seems wholesome enough at first glance, i guess?

“everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die”

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, the desire to become immortal seems wholesome enough at first glance, i guess?

"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Gen 3:22-24

“everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die”

Who really wants to and is also striving to kill the old man within himself? Is this not the overcoming mentioned here?

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Do we not need to overcome before we may be enabled to eat of the Tree of Life?

What needs to be killed in us for our 'old man' to be truly dead in the eyes of God?

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they changed their posts bc you agreed?
Paul has a thing we label “When in Rome,” that might have bearing hear…

they changed their posts bc you agreed?
Only they know the reason they changed, but it looked like it to me.

Paul has a thing we label “When in Rome,” that might have bearing hear…
Great lesson for us Byrd, we adapt our presentation hopefully to address the householders concerns as Paul's fine example, but make no mistake, neither Paul nor any Christians today will adapt themselves to the point of sin to help someone.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha ya, so def covered to death then i guess…and Esau i guess we can leave for later :)

but i suggest that most Christians are invited to be Israel without bothering with Esau or Jacob, and while it might feel good, it prolly just doesnt work like that?

you might quote where the disagreement was, and seek witnesses for/against, noting your bias, or iow be more willing to hear the against, even temporarily

The beauty of posting is everything is in writing and part of permanent record, unless of course someone goes in and edits what was said previously. Amad and I had presented evidence for our beliefs back and forth to the point that it was obvious that we had to agree to disagree.

If you would like to speak about Esau or Jacob or the current Israel of God, I am more than happy to, please feel free to ask sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) We could do this until the cows come home.

I would say those verses refer to food and fruit from heaven--the harvest in the earth.

I believe them to be literal Scott, but we do have that today. Most of us I believe fail to keep up with what we are assigned, and I am quite sure that none of us is able to partake of all the Spiritual food we receive. Yes there is an abundance among Jehovah's people.

May I ask you Scott, do you know of any faith that has anything comparable to JW.org sir?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not that i think it is unpronounceable…but as you say, Yah is surely all-forgiving, and we all must start from where we are at i guess

well, doesnt surprise me too much that Strong’s has been corrupted too now, i guess i even heard about that…and all i can say right now is that i feel for you, rg. But you might contemplate what our english “eon” means, too, and maybe seek other sources. Bc those will lead us to hell i guess; hell is forever, right?

anyway, i guess you get to decide there rg, and aion can mean “forever” if you want it to :)
Does the Greek Word Aion Mean Eternity? | Tommy Redmon

No sir, hell is temporary Acts 2:31; Rev 20:13. Jesus was the first to be permanently resurrected from it, and when the rest of us get resurrected and there is no more need for it, it will be cast into the lake of fire which is permanent sir V14. Isn't that really great news Byrd?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask you Scott, do you know of any faith that has anything comparable to JW.org sir?
I do not, but do not because I am no expert in the denomination. But I will say, that I have heard enough to know that they too have succumb to the lie first taught among the early church. That being the lie against Christ, saying "things which must shortly take place" would not. From which have come many "gap" theories and much strong delusion, just as it is written.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
neither Paul nor any Christians today will adapt themselves to the point of sin to help someone
well imo that is easy to say, but no doubt someone with a right eye condemned Paul as easily as they condemned Jesus, i bet

btw, why arent you just quoting me, rather than copy/pasting, in red now? makes it hard to trackback for others, fwiw

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Amen! Did you have a point to discuss on that Byrd?
well…either one seeks red stew or they do not, i guess; and the story makes it plain enough, once the elements are understood?

There is a um subterfuge going on in the Bible, which i didnt get for a long time, but i guess it is designed to bring us from where we are to where we are going. Esau to Jacob is hard enough, but wrestling with God, yikes! Little wonder that few there are who find it, cant say im one yet lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No sir, hell is temporary Acts 2:31; Rev 20:13. Jesus was the first to be permanently resurrected from it, and when the rest of us get resurrected and there is no more need for it, it will be cast into the lake of fire which is permanent sir V14. Isn't that really great news Byrd?
you speak in facts, as if in court, rg, and i am hard pressed to relate that to the post you quoted; or iow we seem to be talking past each other? I understand that you have some facts about the past and the future that you believe, ok, and i know that just disputing or refuting them is pointless, so really im not sure what to say…To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat, but of course then you would have to leave your congregation, and ive yet to hear “we wish you the best, come back and visit” in that situation. Could you even imagine that scenario, in a JW cong?

“hel” most likely comes from norse/angle scribes who had no better word to translate Gehenna into, rg, which i post so that others may search (seek), and find, should they so desire. And again, i wish you the best ok? You are imo in a vicious…situation, chained to Esau now, prohibited from going out like the Seventy, and seeking to invite others into that. I am dealing with some of their fallout right now, and lemme tell you…well, i hope you have the courage when you find that you need it, ok? I doubt that i could be that strong tbh

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do not, but do not because I am no expert in the denomination. But I will say, that I have heard enough to know that they too have succumb to the lie first taught among the early church. That being the lie against Christ, saying "things which must shortly take place" would not. From which have come many "gap" theories and much strong delusion, just as it is written.
they are Tomorrow People on steroids, yeh
just being around them makes me want to literally cry now

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it Jesus' said that must take place shortly that you think we think did not happen?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well imo that is easy to say, but no doubt someone with a right eye condemned Paul as easily as they condemned Jesus, i bet

btw, why arent you just quoting me, rather than copy/pasting, in red now? makes it hard to trackback for others, fwiw

That is exactly why I did it sir, to make it easy on you, since you had many questions, to avoid confusion I put your words in red so that you wouldn't have to keep going back to see what I was responding to. A little more difficult, but definitely easier for us in the long run.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well…either one seeks red stew or they do not, i guess; and the story makes it plain enough, once the elements are understood?

There is a um subterfuge going on in the Bible, which i didnt get for a long time, but i guess it is designed to bring us from where we are to where we are going. Esau to Jacob is hard enough, but wrestling with God, yikes! Little wonder that few there are who find it, cant say im one yet lol

I am not really a fan of that account sir, but God was aware of it before they were born, and He accepted and knew what the outcome would be. It is interesting to see how Jehovah's people advanced. Look at the amazing way Joseph came to be #2 in Egypt, I find that fascinating.