To Kriss

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
With all due respect, I'm curious as to why you closed down the Sola Scriptura thread? Do you think that Peace and I are trying to shove Catholicism down everyone's throats? I thought I was giving the Catholic perspective on Sola Scriptura? How is that wrong? Peace and I (Peace much more than me) also were using scripture to back up what we were saying. You personally were giving your reasons why you had problems with the Catholic Church. Peace and I were simply stating what the Church believes. If that's wrong, this forum is very biased IMHO. But I refuse to sit back and allow people to bad-mouth the Roman Catholic Church like some of the people on here (calling the pope anti-christ, Pariah promoting people on here to avoid the "evil" Catholic Church, etc.). People can disagree all they want with Catholicism, but how is viciously attacking someone's faith Christian and charitable?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(goldy;23277)
With all due respect, I'm curious as to why you closed down the Sola Scriptura thread? Do you think that Peace and I are trying to shove Catholicism down everyone's throats? I thought I was giving the Catholic perspective on Sola Scriptura? How is that wrong? Peace and I (Peace much more than me) also were using scripture to back up what we were saying. You personally were giving your reasons why you had problems with the Catholic Church. Peace and I were simply stating what the Church believes. If that's wrong, this forum is very biased IMHO. But I refuse to sit back and allow people to bad-mouth the Roman Catholic Church like some of the people on here (calling the pope anti-christ, Pariah promoting people on here to avoid the "evil" Catholic Church, etc.). People can disagree all they want with Catholicism, but how is viciously attacking someone's faith Christian and charitable?
Please note: that we are not attacking any person. Ever read Ephesians 6? Especially Ephesians 6:12?Jag

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kriss made this move and she did the right thing. I'm not looking for this site to become my denomination is better than your denomination kind of thing. The thread had degenerated into a mess.Our point is debate the doctrines, not the church. Since you guys found some of the comments offensive, I have removed the thread entirely. Feel free to start another thread on the doctrines, but any comments from any side about another's church will be removed. We're going to start toughening up on this a bit, it's my fault that we've allowed people to ridicule other churches or denominations instead of focusing on what is much more important.Christ warned us of division:Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Division itself is fine when handle appropriately, but we have to be careful not let our feelings about another denomination blur our vision.I close with the Apostle Paul's words:I Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.