• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, only the parables were spoken in a language they could understand. :)
A language they could understand? Like an Englishman understanding English? Hmmm?

How much good does it do us if we understand every single word, but are unable to understand God's message?

What have you seen on this forum? The common language is English, but is there not very often a complete lack of communication between people? Are people learning to remain silent when they should and to speak when they should and to say really what God says they should be saying?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:1,7

"But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God." I Cor 14:28

But I admit it is an interesting question. I'm guessing very few, actually. The obvious thing that you come away with is that Jesus was not pleased with their not being able to discern the meaning of the parables. Mildly maybe, but He scolded them for not even understating the most basic one, the Parable of the Sower...
"Jesus wept." John 11:35

Was it only because his friend Lazarus had died and was in the grave? Some people see no more than that.

You know, related to this I sometimes wonder where we are spiritually today....

But I'd better shut up. That could come off all wrong, LoL. :rolleyes:
Perhaps it is not time to be silent?

For as many churches, called Christian churches, as there are in the USA and other nations today, where are the Interpretations from God of that book, the Bible, which every preacher or teacher holds in his hand?

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst." Amos 8:11-13

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parables were given to HIDE spiritual truth from those who were wilfully blind and deaf, and in opposition to Christ. But the interpretations were given to those who were disciples and would listen to what Christ was teaching.

There is a lesson here for us today. Those who oppose the truths of the Gospel are rendered judicially blind. They are unable to see spiritual things. And there are many who oppose the Bible and Bible truth. And a time is coming when God will send strong delusion upon this earth (while Christians are absent). Therefore people will believe the lies of Satan and the Antichrist. It almost seems that that strong delusion is already here. There is a flood of lies being broadcast daily, and too many people are believing those lies.
I would say that for some, perhaps many, delusion is already here because people have not loved the Truth. Will it get worse? For persons, who love the Truth, it need not.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did I say they repented?

You: "Because God sent them speaking to them in their own languages- actual languages, why? To lead them to repentance. "
And when did I speak against tongues?

And when did I say it was positive ?

Everything you believe about tongues is wrong and you try to teach error, saying its purpose was "to lead them to repentance" and that the tongues, themselves were the hearers own language. No! The interpretation they heard was in their own languages.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You: "Because God sent them speaking to them in their own languages- actual languages, why? To lead them to repentance. "

Everything you believe about tongues is wrong and you try to teach error, saying its purpose was "to lead them to repentance" and that the tongues, themselves were the hearers own language. No! The interpretation they heard was in their own languages.
Are you charismatic Pentecostal?

Yes.

Isaiah 28:11-12

11 Nay, but by men of strange lips and with another tongue will he speak to this people; 12 to whom he said, This is the rest, give ye rest to him that is weary; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear. Isaiah 28:11–12

A gift can be handed, but if it was not accepted, it doesn't mean the gift wasn't offered.

And is anything God does in vain?

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When men who were filled with the Holy Spirit _ as on Pentecost, spoke to the crowd that had more than a dozen foreigners who all spoke different languages, they all heard them in their own mind as if it was their own language. These speakers who spoke in tongues, did not take each foreigner aside and preach to each individual foreigner separately. No they spoke to the crowd in tongues and the crowd simultaneously super-naturally discerned the heavenly language of angels (tongues) as if it were there own language.
Imagine the POTUS speaking to the United Nations. Each head of state has head phones hearing the translation of his speach. This Pentecost event was like that, only God supernaturally translated the words in their minds for them. It is right there is scripture!
"Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.” So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?” Acts 2:7-12
Some mocked them and said they were drunk because to them it sounded like undiscernable babbling BECAUSE they were not filled with the Spirit - they were not given thw discernment if tongues and were and remained unbelievers.
Clearly the emphasis is on tongues not hearing. We would be discussing the gift of hearing otherwise.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A language they could understand? Like an Englishman understanding English? Hmmm?

No, LoL.
How much good does it do us if we understand every single word, but are unable to understand God's message?

Agreed.
Perhaps it is not time to be silent?

Well I'm not really. I post every day, giving what I've received from the Lord. But what I suppose I may be waiting on are a few who can testify to the truth of things aside from me, for "if a man testifies of himself, his testimony is invalid." But I comfort myself that even should there not come many who attest to the authority of the teachings in my lifetime, God has promised to honor those who taught rightly in the next.

Reactions: amadeus

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues = Languages
Tongues = Prayer Languages
Tongues = Tongues of Angels / Prophecy

Gifts of the Holy Spirit. Seek all gifts. Tongues is not a requirement for salvation. Many have placed such an emphasis on Tongues to cause those who are weak to stumble. "I don't speak in Tongues so therefore I must not be saved" They never get off the milk. They seek salvation over and over again. Many who have been given the gift wrap themselves in righteousness. For some it's evidence of their righteousness. For some it starts to not be enough and they seek other supernatural gifts. They run around the church, jump pews, pass out, play with snakes.

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
There are 9 spiritual gifts.
Tongues are the last on the list, or the least...coming in at #9.

Its rare to find the correct teaching, regarding this gift, so, here it is...

The Gift of tongues, is the gift of a foreign language....that you can't speak, but you are given the ability to speak, by God... = so that you can deal with those who do not understand your tongue.
This would primarily be a gift given to a Missionary, in the time of the Gentiles.
You can check this out in Acts 2, when Peter was speaking in foreign languages, (tongues) and those who heard him said..>"we hear in OUR Language".
That's the "gift of Tongues".

You are correct so far, but you need to see how you were opposing yourself below with His help.

A "prayer language", is not the gift of tongues.
Charismatics do not understand this so they teach "the infilling of the Spirit..with tongues as the sign", incorrectly as the gift of tongues, when in fact its a prayer language that the NT specifies as : "groanings that can't be uttered"..

So, if you have a prayer language, you are not "speaking in tongues", you are speaking "mysteries to god", for "self edification".

If your pastor does not understand this, then find a new Church were they do.
There is no need to keep sitting and listening to a theological boob who fakes spirituality, and is only concerned with getting your tithe and keeping you in spiritual diapers for 60 yrs.....Exactly as he or she is in their's for 60 yrs.

Paul says to pray..(seek earnestly) for the ""best GIFT", which would be the supernatural "word of knowledge" ..GIFT...., or the #1 on the list.

Is God the author of confusion? Paul instructed that when a believer is speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, he is to pray that another will interpret otherwise until it is interpreted, it is unfruitful to the tongue speaker because he does not understand it.

Tongues were never meant for private use.

Book of 1 John was addressing believers that believed sin was no longer sin to them.

He also addressed an apostasy where believers believed they can receive the holy Spirit again after a sign of tongues which never comes with interpretation and thus assumed to be for private use.

John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them. 1 John 4:1 He said when anyone testify that Christ "is come" in the flesh in 1 John 4:2 is John saying the same thing that Paul did in 2 Corinthians 13:5 about the examination of our faith where Jesus Christ is in us.

John went on in the testing of the spirits in 1 John 4:3 by those who do not profess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, meaning that spirit is felt outside of us in the assembly by visitation and can be felt coming over a believer, even giving a filling sensation. John points out that is the spirit of the antichrist which is in the world. That is the difference between knowing the real indwelling Holy Spirit from how the world does in receiving other spirits by seeing it or feeling it John 14:16-17 by knowing He is in us is how we can know any spirit coming over us later in life as a saved believer, is not the Holy Spirit but the spirit f he antichrist; as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world per 1 John 4:4

John even went on in 1 John 4:5-6 in testing those spirits by the supernatural tongue they bring, because the world has a pagan supernatural tongue that existed before Pentecost ( Isaiah 8:19 ) which still exists today in occults, cults, and religions in the world that is gibberish nonsense and not a foreign language of men at all. God's gift of tongues is for speaking unto the people 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 and not to serve as a sign for anything TO the believers but to serve as a sign to unbelievers. 1 Corinthians 14:22 So that apostate calling to already saved believers is not discerned when they promote them to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues which is assumed is for private use.

They ignore Paul's warning about those who preach another Jesus, or another spirit which they have not received; hence continually receiving, or another gospel. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 1 Timothy 4:1-2

These be the five virgins that went out to the market to get oil to be filled for why they were not ready when the Bridegroom had come but the wise knew they were filled as in having that oil with them for why they were ready to go.

The truth that is overlooked is how the kingdom of heaven were likened unto those ten virgins which the five missed out on the wedding reception but they are still a part of the kingdom of heaven.

Best to ask Jesus for help to see the truth in His words to see if you need to ask for forgiveness and His help to stop praying in tongues so you can pray normally so you'd know what you had prayed for so you can give the Father genuine heartfelt thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers ( John 14:13-14 ) which is the will of God for us to do. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

The devil would like to interrupt us praying normally with his gibberish nonsense which is being captive to his will. 2 Timothy 2:24-26

Reactions: DuckieLady

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe there to be four basic manifestations of the gift of tongues.

· Tongues for personal edification. (1 Corinthians 14:4) This is the supernatural language the Holy Spirit prays through us that we can use to pray hour after hour if we desire. It often accompanies the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

· Tongues which require an interpretation. (1 Corinthians 14:5) This manifestation of tongues is normally presented in a public assembly accompanied by an interpretation by the same or another person. (Romans 8:26)

· Tongues of deep intercessional groaning. (Romans 8:26) This diversification of tongues empowers the believers to stand in the gap for their own lives, their families, their church, their city, their nation etc. God may also call on them to intercede for someone or for some situation that is totally unknown.

· Tongues as a sign to unbelievers. (1 Corinthians 14:22) This is the phenomenon that took place on the day of Pentecost. (Acts2:4-11) It occurs when the Holy Spirit transcends the intellect and all language barriers by empowering a believer to preach, teach or testify about Christ in some language of man of which the believer himself has no knowledge.

· I have also found that singing in tongues to praise and worship is another lovely way we can use the gift .

· And praying in tongues silently either in support of another person who is ‘ministering’ or in a public place is another way of using this gift.

I have come under fire on some Christian sites for expressing these views but I firmly believe them.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues = Languages
Tongues = Prayer Languages
Tongues = Tongues of Angels / Prophecy

Gifts of the Holy Spirit. Seek all gifts. Tongues is not a requirement for salvation. Many have placed such an emphasis on Tongues to cause those who are weak to stumble. "I don't speak in Tongues so therefore I must not be saved" They never get off the milk. They seek salvation over and over again. Many who have been given the gift wrap themselves in righteousness. For some it's evidence of their righteousness. For some it starts to not be enough and they seek other supernatural gifts. They run around the church, jump pews, pass out, play with snakes.

Hey brother.

I do think Paul emphasized seeking the greater gifts, but I don't think jumping pews and playing with snakes were among them, Lol.

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey brother.

I do think Paul emphasized seeking the greater gifts, but I don't think jumping pews and playing with snakes were among them, Lol.
For sure... I struggle sometimes with reconciling the behavior of those who seem to truly seek the gifts, a deeper relationship, a stronger yielding to the Spirit and those who for lack of a better term "go overboard" in manifestation of the gifts. I simply do not understand it.

I find no edification in pew jumping, dancing in the isle, falling to the ground, passing out and so forth. It seems chaotic and confusing, something that would cause a new person in faith to run away. In fact its true the behavior in Charismatic Churches have pushed people into other Churches. If what you do cast a spotlight on yourself in your worship you might want to examine yourself. Emotions cannot be trusted as evidence of gifts of the Spirit. I find myself embracing the gifts but lightly.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct so far, but you need to see how you were opposing yourself below with His help.

Is God the author of confusion? Paul instructed that when a believer is speaking in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, he is to pray that another will interpret otherwise until it is interpreted, it is unfruitful to the tongue speaker because he does not understand it.

Tongues were never meant for private use.

Book of 1 John was addressing believers that believed sin was no longer sin to them.

He also addressed an apostasy where believers believed they can receive the holy Spirit again after a sign of tongues which never comes with interpretation and thus assumed to be for private use.

John warned believers not to believe every spirit but test them. 1 John 4:1 He said when anyone testify that Christ "is come" in the flesh in 1 John 4:2 is John saying the same thing that Paul did in 2 Corinthians 13:5 about the examination of our faith where Jesus Christ is in us.

John went on in the testing of the spirits in 1 John 4:3 by those who do not profess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh, meaning that spirit is felt outside of us in the assembly by visitation and can be felt coming over a believer, even giving a filling sensation. John points out that is the spirit of the antichrist which is in the world. That is the difference between knowing the real indwelling Holy Spirit from how the world does in receiving other spirits by seeing it or feeling it John 14:16-17 by knowing He is in us is how we can know any spirit coming over us later in life as a saved believer, is not the Holy Spirit but the spirit f he antichrist; as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world per 1 John 4:4

John even went on in 1 John 4:5-6 in testing those spirits by the supernatural tongue they bring, because the world has a pagan supernatural tongue that existed before Pentecost ( Isaiah 8:19 ) which still exists today in occults, cults, and religions in the world that is gibberish nonsense and not a foreign language of men at all. God's gift of tongues is for speaking unto the people 1 Corinthians 14:20-21 and not to serve as a sign for anything TO the believers but to serve as a sign to unbelievers. 1 Corinthians 14:22 So that apostate calling to already saved believers is not discerned when they promote them to seek another baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues which is assumed is for private use.

They ignore Paul's warning about those who preach another Jesus, or another spirit which they have not received; hence continually receiving, or another gospel. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 1 Timothy 4:1-2

These be the five virgins that went out to the market to get oil to be filled for why they were not ready when the Bridegroom had come but the wise knew they were filled as in having that oil with them for why they were ready to go.

The truth that is overlooked is how the kingdom of heaven were likened unto those ten virgins which the five missed out on the wedding reception but they are still a part of the kingdom of heaven.

Best to ask Jesus for help to see the truth in His words to see if you need to ask for forgiveness and His help to stop praying in tongues so you can pray normally so you'd know what you had prayed for so you can give the Father genuine heartfelt thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers ( John 14:13-14 ) which is the will of God for us to do. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

The devil would like to interrupt us praying normally with his gibberish nonsense which is being captive to his will. 2 Timothy 2:24-26
You don't know how offended I would have been listening to you or myself some months back.

I think I even put @Behold on ignore for trying to convince me differently. BTW, @Behold sorry about that. I thought you were being a stumbling block against Gods word, because that's what the charismatic world told me.

I grew up and believed in speaking in tongues as a completely different thing and did so for hours a day alone.

I don't believe it stopped entirely, but what I see in churches today is not what I see in the Bible.

sometimes it takes looking away to something that might really offend you and be objective about it with the scriptures, study like a berean, because at the end what is anything of value, if it just isn't?

will it please God if it isn't?
will it help us, if it isn't?
will we be distracted from the truth, if it isn't?

I have had enough of most of the charismatic movement and I am going back to the old, old, old way..

"You can have this whole world, just give me Jesus."

Christ4Me

Jan 6, 2022
Pennsylvania / Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know how offended I would have been listening to you or myself some months back.

I think I even put @Behold on ignore for trying to convince me differently. BTW, @Behold sorry about that. I thought you were being a stumbling block against Gods word, because that's what the charismatic world told me.

I grew up and believed in speaking in tongues as a completely different thing and did so for hours a day alone.

I don't believe it stopped entirely, but what I see in churches today is not what I see in the Bible.

I agree for why God would not be the author of confusion to have the holy Spirit turn His gift of tongues around for private use in gibberish nonsense in sounding like the pagan's supernatural tongues in the world like in the occult per Isaiah 8:19 just gibberish nonsense, and that was before Pentecost came with the real God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people in their native foreign language. 1 Corinthians 14:2--21

sometimes it takes looking away to something that might really offend you and be objective about it with the scriptures, study like a berean, because at the end what is anything of value, if it just isn't?

will it please God if it isn't?

Not when it seduce others into chasing after the Holy Spirit to receive Him again apart from salvation by that sign of tongues; which they really are not; 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

will it help us, if it isn't?

How can it? With all of the supposed benefits for private use, unless it gets interpreted, the believer does not know what that tongue is doing. That is why Paul tells believers that while they speak in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, they should prat that He may interpret through another so he will understand it and that tongue be fruitful to himself.

1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

will we be distracted from the truth, if it isn't?

Believers have shared with me how the "spirit" interrupts them while they ae praying and they let that spirit do so because they assume the Holy Spirit can pray better than they can. Thing is; it is the will of God for us to pray and give the Father thanks in Jesus's name.

I have had enough of most of the charismatic movement and I am going back to the old, old, old way..

"You can have this whole world, just give me Jesus."

When believers go back to rest in Jesus Christ to no more chase after the "spirit" to receive again and again and again, & pray normally, they may find that they have more reasons to give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name when they get answers to known prayer requests.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
There are 9 spiritual gifts.
Tongues are the last on the list, or the least...coming in at #9.

Its rare to find the correct teaching, regarding this gift, so, here it is...

The Gift of tongues, is the gift of a foreign language....that you can't speak, but you are given the ability to speak, by God... = so that you can deal with those who do not understand your tongue.
This would primarily be a gift given to a Missionary, in the time of the Gentiles.
You can check this out in Acts 2, when Peter was speaking in foreign languages, (tongues) and those who heard him said..>"we hear in OUR Language".
That's the "gift of Tongues".

A "prayer language", is not the gift of tongues.
Charismatics do not understand this so they teach "the infilling of the Spirit..with tongues as the sign", incorrectly as the gift of tongues, when in fact its a prayer language that the NT specifies as : "groanings that can't be uttered"..

So, if you have a prayer language, you are not "speaking in tongues", you are speaking "mysteries to god", for "self edification".

If your pastor does not understand this, then find a new Church were they do.
There is no need to keep sitting and listening to a theological boob who fakes spirituality, and is only concerned with getting your tithe and keeping you in spiritual diapers for 60 yrs.....Exactly as he or she is in their's for 60 yrs.

Paul says to pray..(seek earnestly) for the ""best GIFT", which would be the supernatural "word of knowledge" ..GIFT...., or the #1 on the list.

There is more than just one type of tongue.

Paul wrote that there are DIVERSITIES of tongues, meaning more than just one kind:.

1Co 12:10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.

There’s a tongue found in Acts 1 that’s understood by everyone in their own language, needing no interpreting.

There’s an unknown tongue that’s never understood by any man, because it’s the Holy Spirit speaking mysteries unto God.

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknowntongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him;howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

There’s an unknown tongue spoken to the congregation in church, that is a message from God that needs interpreted by someone, that Paul calls prophecy.

1Co 14:27 If any man speak in an unknowntongue, let it beby two, or at the most bythree, and thatby course; and let one interpret.

There’s an unknown tongue that isn’t interpreted, that is the Holy Spirit praying for the person speaking in tongues, for things they know not how to pray for.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

BTW, Paul ordered the Corinthian church not to forbid speaking in tongues: If the only kind of tongue was the type found in Acts 1 (that is understood by everyone), this means that church had forbidden speaking in known languages - which would have resulted in very quiet church services!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongues are no longer a gift for men. That was an apostolic gift. The time of apostolic gifts is over with.

That scenario is absolutely wrong.

The expiration date of the gift of the Holy Spirit that the 120 at Pentecost received, is when God has stopped calling anyone.

Peter said on Pentecost day, that the same gift of the HS that manifested that day, was for “us, our children those afar off, EVEN TO AS MANY AS GOD SHALL CALL” Acts 2:38-39 - thus as long as God is saving and calling people, that same gift of the Holy Spirit is in effect.

When the Holy Spirit fell on Pentecost all 120 assembled there received the Dunamis gift of the Holy Spirit outpouring on them - not just the apostles - and Peter didn’t say that it was a temporary gift given only to the 12 apostles,but was the fulfillment of Joel’s prophecy that in the last days, God will pour out His spirit on ALL flesh.

Peter then said to repent and be baptized to get that GIFT of the Holy Spirit they had just received, and added that the gift was for them, their children, for ALL AFAR OFF, even to as MANY AS GOD SHALL CALL. Acts 2:38-39.

There’s your expiration date for the gift, and giftings, of the Holy Spirit- when God no longer calls anyone, the gift will end.

Secondly, Far from saying they would end, Paul imparted the GIFT of CHARISMA to the church at Corinth, to have while they awaited the second coming of Jesus.

1Co 1:6Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:

1Co 1:7So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:

The word GIFT there is charisma, where the word charismatic comes from.

There’s the expiration date of spiritual gifts: when Jesus returns and they are no longer needed, and when God no longer is calling anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TEXBOW

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree for why God would not be the author of confusion to have the holy Spirit turn His gift of tongues around for private use in gibberish nonsense in sounding like the pagan's supernatural tongues in the world like in the occult per Isaiah 8:19 just gibberish nonsense, and that was before Pentecost came with the real God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people in their native foreign language. 1 Corinthians 14:2--21

Not when it seduce others into chasing after the Holy Spirit to receive Him again apart from salvation by that sign of tongues; which they really are not; 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

How can it? With all of the supposed benefits for private use, unless it gets interpreted, the believer does not know what that tongue is doing. That is why Paul tells believers that while they speak in tongues as manifested by the Holy Spirit, they should prat that He may interpret through another so he will understand it and that tongue be fruitful to himself.

1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Believers have shared with me how the "spirit" interrupts them while they ae praying and they let that spirit do so because they assume the Holy Spirit can pray better than they can. Thing is; it is the will of God for us to pray and give the Father thanks in Jesus's name.

When believers go back to rest in Jesus Christ to no more chase after the "spirit" to receive again and again and again, & pray normally, they may find that they have more reasons to give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name when they get answers to known prayer requests.
yes, and the old understanding of praying by the spirit was the same as understanding the scriptures just by having the Holy Spirit and by having the Holy Spirit, we would know what to pray for.

A much different belief than we are taught in most churches today.

Reactions: Christ4Me

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you allow the idea of a 'prayer language' then you are supporting the false idea of an unknown tongue being spoken. The KJV translators showed they didn't really understand it, because they wrongly inserted the word "unknown" into the 1 Corinthians 14 phrase "unknown tongue". It's like you say per Scripture, when the true cloven tongue is spoken, it is UNDERSTOOD as known languages of the world. The true cloven tongue does not manifest as gibberish.

The kjv translators CORRECTLY added the word unknown to the verse, because a language that IS NEVER UNDERSTOOD BY ANYONE but is the spirit speaking MYSTERIES to God, is by definition AN UNKNOWN TONGUE:

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

The KJV bible puts words added by the translators to add clarity to a passage in italics , and every word they added always adds a better understanding of the verse, in every instance I’ve seen throughout the Bible.

Last edited: