Trinitarian Ontology. What is it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read Less Pray More

Nov 28, 2022
Kingdom of God
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard from some Trinitarians that YHWH has no personality. This is necessary for the Trinity because YHWH is 3 seperate somethings... But I'm not sure what.

According to Trinitarians, what are the 3 somethings that make up the 1 God, YHWH? Are they persons, beings, essences, substances, something else? And what is YHWH if not a person?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, YHWH our Elohim, YHWH is 1. And you shall love YHWH your Elohim with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment."

Luke 4:18 (Jesus reads from a scroll in the synagogue.)
"The Spirit of the YHWH is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,"
Psalm 84:2
My soul longs, yes, even faints For the courts of YHWH; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
Matthew 16:16
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Matthew 22
43 He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying:
44 ‘YHWH said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’?
Mark 12:25-27(Jesus speaking to the pharisees, quoting scripture)
‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken.”
John 17:3 (Jesus speaking to his God and Father)
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
John 20:17
Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry but this is a banned subject at the moment

Reactions: Charlie24

Rita

Staff member