Trump using the Bible as a prop...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

R

Rita

Hi, Rita, I don’t know if you’re ignoring me, but I gave you an explanation for why I said this. The bottom line is I’m tired of the hateful comments about Trump.

Edit: I will add that I don’t think a Christian forum is the place for any hateful comments to or about anyone.
Hi Prayer Warrior,
I wasn’t really having a dig at you personally, it was a general comment as many on the forum label others as hating Trump. I guess we are both tired of the reactions on either side. Sorry I meant to respond earlier xx
Rita

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So are you saying he didn’t pose holding up a bible ?
Rita, I cannot fathom why you regard holding up a Bible as being so offensive!

A central aspect of American culture is holding up the American flag and declaring "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And then Trump holds up Bible under the most difficult of times, and it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to understand that his way of declaring "I pledge allegiance to the God Almighty, and to Republic for which He is showing mercy, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Why do you so hate holding up a flag or a Bible to declare their allegiance, so offensive, or anyone who would dare to do so??

His bold testimony is of the kind that would put the vast majority of 'Christians' to shame. He is an icon to emulate.

Reactions: historyb

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi, Rita, I don’t know if you’re ignoring me, but I gave you an explanation for why I said this. The bottom line is I’m tired of the hateful comments about Trump.

Edit: I will add that I don’t think a Christian forum is the place for any hateful comments to or about anyone.
PW, indeed, a Christian forum is no place for hate speech, but everyone that hangs out on this forum is not a Christian. Their unbridled hate is a transparent giveaway.

R

Rita

Looks like you don't like the truth when you hear it. Christians at least should be dedicated to the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Since at least 2003 the mainstream Western media have been feeding the Western world one lie after another. After 2017, there was literally a CAMPAIGN of disinformation from the MSM. Did you read about what has happened recently at the New York Times because Tom Cotton stated the truth and it was published by the NYT? The editor involved had to resign!

We were all counting on the media to report facts and truth, and they betrayed their trust. They should all have been fired or behind bars for inciting sedition and hatred against conservative and Christian values, while promoting and everything Islamist or Leftist.
Come on Enoch, relaying what you believe is truth is one thing, ramming it down peoples throats constantly is quite another. You can think what you like about me
Rita

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Trump supporters in the US were silent before the election. All the polls had Hillary winning. The media was in shock the day after the election. It was great! lol
Democrats were shocked, the Liberal Media was even more insulted that America did not mindlessly follow them and their lead! It was supposed to be a Clinton coronation!

The Media has never given Trump a fair shake, and never repost anything positive. The Whitehouse Press Corps decides what spin to put on what the President says... and that is "News." With Obama they were 99% nauseatingly positive! With Trump. he cannot depend on their "spin" to ever say anything good, so Tweets are his end-run around them straight to the American People! The Media is livid! How dare he go around their "brilliant" Communist, American-Hating "Interpretation... I mean "Reporting the News" ?

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this verbiage could have simply been summarized by you simply declaring "I hate Trump!" Not a Christian ethic, but apparently an ethic promoted by your god.
I notice you can't even bring yourself to say "President Trump".

Why do you "hate Trump"?

And why do you insist that I worship another God because I support President Trump?

Those of us who support our President do not worship him. That is the lie the Democrats have fed you. We know he is not perfect (none of us are) and we do not blindly bow to President Trump. But he has done more for our nation than any of your Democrat hero's could imagine doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Candidus
R

Rita

Rita, I cannot fathom why you regard holding up a Bible as being so offensive!

A central aspect of American culture is holding up the American flag and declaring "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And then Trump holds up Bible under the most difficult of times, and it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to understand that his way of declaring "I pledge allegiance to the God Almighty, and to Republic for which He is showing mercy, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Why do you so hate holding up a flag or a Bible to declare their allegiance, so offensive, or anyone who would dare to do so??

His bold testimony is of the kind that would put the vast majority of 'Christians' to shame. He is an icon to emulate.
I didn’t have a problem with him holding a bible up , I just couldn’t work out why he did it at that particular moment or why. Since I posted other people have given more context to the event. For goodness sake I just asked a question about it, and where on earth to get the impression that I hate holding a flag up, let alone a bible. Could you also take into account that I am not American, and therefore have never had to pledge allegiance to a flag or anything else - I just saw him holding up a bible in a photo - it seems out of context.
You understand it’s importance and have taken offence and read much into my post that wasn’t there
Talk about reading between the lines ! Rita

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t have a problem with him holding a bible up , I just couldn’t work out why he did it at that particular moment or why. Since I posted other people have given more context to the event. For goodness sake I just asked a question about it, and where on earth to get the impression that I hate holding a flag up, let alone a bible. Could you also take into account that I am not American, and therefore have never had to pledge allegiance to a flag or anything else - I just saw him holding up a bible in a photo - it seems out of context.
You understand it’s importance and have taken offence and read much into my post that wasn’t there
Talk about reading between the lines ! Rita
Rita,

I think the context was the photo op and the circumstances surrounding the riots (that we will not give in to hate and violence). Unfortunately sometimes (like statements on these boards) what is communicated is not always the initial intent.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PW, indeed, a Christian forum is no place for hate speech, but everyone that hangs out on this forum is not a Christian. Their unbridled hate is a transparent giveaway.
Hold up!

You accused me of idolatry because I support President Trump (post 52). How is that appropriate on a Christian forum?????

Reactions: Candidus

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I notice you can't even bring yourself to say "President Trump".

Why do you "hate Trump"?

And why do you insist that I worship another God because I support President Trump?

Those of us who support our President do not worship him. That is the lie the Democrats have fed you. We know he is not perfect (none of us are) and we do not blindly bow to President Trump. But he has done more for our nation than any of your Democrat hero's could imagine doing.
Who are you addressing??

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hold up!

You accused me of idolatry because I support President Trump (post 52). How is that appropriate on a Christian forum?????

John, Your trolley obviously ran off the tracks a long time ago!!

I don't know where you ever got the impression that I hate Donald Trump. I revere him highly!

I apologize if God has appointed you to be President Trump's special judge and executioner, but you seem more to be "The accuser of the Brethern", and that was Satan.

"But with the Bible, I believe he is pandering. I hope I am wrong, but it seems that this "conversion" has been mostly if not entirely for political gain as his platform mostly aligns with the Christian conservative view."

Get thee behind me Satan!

I have never before heard a Christian spew the hate-filled kind of Satanic judgemental ugliness you have presented here. "Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand." Romans 14:4

Last edited:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
… after violently getting peaceful protestors out of the way Hong Kong style ...

Being a night-owl I watched this disgusting incident live and nearly puked when I saw this blasphemy. Just when I thought this man couldn’t shock me anymore!

So I wondered what you guys on this forum made of this and to my surprise: I can’t find a threat on it. What’s up?
If holding up a Bible is blaspheme, then a lot of preachers are in trouble.

Here is my interpretation of the President's actions.

The President gave the nation a visual message, based on the passage from the book of Ephesians 6:10-17. The President's message is simply this. "During these dark times, those of you who are like minded join with me in taking up the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God."

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you'll find some Trump haters on this forum, but not all of us hate him. Some of us believe that God is using him to restore the rights of Christians that were lost during the previous administration.

Exactly. God bless Trump and I am glad he went to the Church.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
quietthinker, the problem is that since the Western media have made it a standard operating procedure to lie about everything, the MSM were also telling lies about the protests and riots.

If BLM was truly peaceful it would have publicly announced that it has nothing to do with Antifa, and would not allow Antifa any room for their anarchistic activities. In fact they would have made sure that there was absolutely no looting, rioting, arson, or violence against the police or innocent citizens. They would have even asked the police to prevent any such insurrection, rather than telling the world to defund the police.

As a matter of fact, Christians need to carefully analyze what these so-called *protests* were all about.
No one protested when Donald Trump was being falsely accused and harassed for over three years. No one protested when Michael Flynn was unjustly accused for over three years. And no one has apologized for all the false narratives about these men and others.
You must not have heard what I said to give the reply you have given....'You confuse locations Enoch....You blame peaceful protesters as violent ones because it serves the paradigm. Doing this is no different than justifying the the slaughter of so called heretics as the RCC has done in centuries past'.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You confuse locations Enoch....You blame peaceful protesters as violent ones because it serves the paradigm. Doing this is no different than justifying the the slaughter of so called heretics as the RCC has done in centuries past.
what does that have to do with corrupt politics of today? are you saying if some one robes you then you can rob others? is that some kind of justification for wrong doing. you sound like some shrew woman that justifies her betrayal of her husband because she's just not happy enough

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If holding up a Bible is blaspheme, then a lot of preachers are in trouble.

Here is my interpretation of the President's actions.

The President gave the nation a visual message, based on the passage from the book of Ephesians 6:10-17. The President's message is simply this. "During these dark times, those of you who are like minded join with me in taking up the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God."
Trump held up a Bible to show the depth of depravity that these Racist thugs took out on a Church! Why raise a Bible? Because it is easier to lift than a burnt Church!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
what does that have to do with corrupt politics of today? are you saying if some one robes you then you can rob others? is that some kind of justification for wrong doing. you sound like some shrew woman that justifies her betrayal of her husband because she's just not happy enough
I don't know what you're talking about DPMartin......how have you arrived at your question?