• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, Rita. Thank you for your dialogue

Most people believe whatever they are taught by faith. Some may seek answers that are founded in the Bible. To me it’s freeing to at least be able to admit what your beliefs are open and honestly with others because it is helpful. Thought not everyone may be willingly to hear them though if you are asked it’s expected.

I’ll share mind which sees Jesus having the victory over Sin, death, hell, Satan, the demons , the grave, and separation from God.

I see that Jesus having the victory he gave everything that Father gave to his Word; back to the Father and see them transfigured into one being known as the Lord God Almighty.

So now you understand my heart on all of those subjects, because of Jesus Christ and his victory it is now about having love for God and love for others. That includes increasing in knowledge if one so chooses.

I agree with you it is about Faith, and the power of God to Salvation is found in the Gospel of CHrist of being renewed in ones heart in the acceptance of the forgiveness of sins which only comes by and through the death, burial, and resurrection (excluding those who only have creation to look at).

It’s the only way also to be saved to the kingdom of Heaven, only by grace through faith on the Son of God.

Is there more to faith though? Like growing into a relationship more so with God and having love for him, and love for others, guess this is where teaching comes in. And for I believe that it is even okay for a woman to teach another person, as long as they are sharing teaching in spirit and in truth.

Guess it is to each their own, and I don’t find myself superior to anyone because I am highly uneducated however just been taught some things that pertain to the Bible.

My eternal self punishment lasted until that i realized how dark and void my heart was in hatred toward God, hatred toward Christians, hatred toward family, hatred towards all people: claiming misanthrope.

One day my life started to change by a push of a preacher named Paul washer, who got me to question more of (Matthew you are going to be the way you are forever if you do not go and find out who Jesus is). Ever since that day many ups and downs in life trials, and frustration and hardships. Learning baby steps of what it is like to be a Christian with God guiding me the whole time and someone that was found who taught me more of the Bible.

Anyone who reads this I encourage you to read your Bible and consider the contents and context to help you be biblically grounded in what your reading; including : who, what, when, why, where, how questions.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Matthew,
I see quite a few threads on the trinity. I remember shortly after I came to faith Jeff’s uncle came to stay with us , he was a JW…..he lectured me about the trinity. I was a young Christian and didn’t stand a chance !!
At that time I believed what I had been taught, and if I am honest I have never really changed my views. However I won’t argue the point because it just ends up going round in circles. Jesus never told us to prove everything, he asked us to give an answer for why we believe what we believe …..think there is a difference. Many things I cannot prove because it’s by faith, an inner awareness of truth that comes from what The Holy Spirit reveals inside through relationship………
Rita
Early in my Christian walk in 1980-81 I had JW coming by my house asking questions I had no answers to about the Trinity and Deity of Christ. That began my life long study on those 2 doctrines so that I could defend my beliefs. For 40 plus years I study it on a daily basis along with devotional readings of scripture .

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is true, Rita. Thank you for your dialogue

Most people believe whatever they are taught by faith. Some may seek answers that are founded in the Bible. To me it’s freeing to at least be able to admit what your beliefs are open and honestly with others because it is helpful. Thought not everyone may be willingly to hear them though if you are asked it’s expected.

I’ll share mind which sees Jesus having the victory over Sin, death, hell, Satan, the demons , the grave, and separation from God.

I see that Jesus having the victory he gave everything that Father gave to his Word; back to the Father and see them transfigured into one being known as the Lord God Almighty.

So now you understand my heart on all of those subjects, because of Jesus Christ and his victory it is now about having love for God and love for others. That includes increasing in knowledge if one so chooses.

I agree with you it is about Faith, and the power of God to Salvation is found in the Gospel of CHrist of being renewed in ones heart in the acceptance of the forgiveness of sins which only comes by and through the death, burial, and resurrection (excluding those who only have creation to look at).

It’s the only way also to be saved to the kingdom of Heaven, only by grace through faith on the Son of God.

Is there more to faith though? Like growing into a relationship more so with God and having love for him, and love for others, guess this is where teaching comes in. And for I believe that it is even okay for a woman to teach another person, as long as they are sharing teaching in spirit and in truth.

Guess it is to each their own, and I don’t find myself superior to anyone because I am highly uneducated however just been taught some things that pertain to the Bible.

My eternal self punishment lasted until that i realized how dark and void my heart was in hatred toward God, hatred toward Christians, hatred toward family, hatred towards all people: claiming misanthrope.

One day my life started to change by a push of a preacher named Paul washer, who got me to question more of (Matthew you are going to be the way you are forever if you do not go and find out who Jesus is). Ever since that day many ups and downs in life trials, and frustration and hardships. Learning baby steps of what it is like to be a Christian with God guiding me the whole time and someone that was found who taught me more of the Bible.

Anyone who reads this I encourage you to read your Bible and consider the contents and context to help you be biblically grounded in what your reading; including : who, what, when, why, where, how questions.
Why do I know the name Paul Washer ……it kind of rings a bell !!
Oh I study scripture…..for me reflecting and studying for myself In depth began a long time ago. I think when you are a young Christian you tend to follow what others think , but then you start getting those inner niggles that you need to test things. Its the debating on forums that I don’t tend to do much, I do love to talk about scripture in small groups and with people I trust will allow me to speak ……there are , thankfully, some on here that allow that, but often as not there are plenty that just want to preach and are only interested in hearing there own voices. They just want to argue rather than discuss. So I am quite selective with the threads I take part in …..
Rita x

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wouldn’t you say though many people learn from others, @Rita? As growing up in school we are taught, math, history, English, language, home-ec, agriculture?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Early in my Christian walk in 1980-81 I had JW coming by my house asking questions I had no answers to about the Trinity and Deity of Christ. That began my life long study on those 2 doctrines so that I could defend my beliefs. For 40 plus years I study it on a daily basis along with devotional readings of scripture .

Wow that’s really deep intense Study to do everyday on one subject, has it help you in your life by having that knowledge somehow, Christophany?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @MatthewG We need to keep searching the Scriptures, right? :)

To me the living by the Holy Spirit is primary and the scripture is secondary and good use for our reference view. Love for God first is important along with having love for others second and ourself last.

I know that none of us know each other’s life on here for the most part. To have compassion and love rather than fight and divide is far better when leaning on our Father in heaven and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What are your thoughts?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn’t you say though many people learn from others, @Rita? As growing up in school we are taught, math, history, English, language, home-ec, agriculture?
Then again when you are really young you just learn automatically from others ….then as you get a bit older it falls into two camps, those who want to learn and accept they need to and those who don’t see the point and think they know it all already.
Often maturity takes you back to that point where you understand that learning has its place and that there is always something new to discover.
I do wonder sometimes how many Christians are stuck in the teenage years where they think they have nothing new to learn ……….

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you have no questions for me.

Do you believe say if someone been in the religion of Christianity for say 36 years, and they see a new Christian that only been in for six, people can look down on them?

Even say big churches that a pastor been teaching at for 15? Yet they see this Christian as a boy who knows nothing? Is that consider to be a spirit of envy or simple downing another person?

Is that good Christian ethic and moral when it comes to living by the spirit, Rita? Or is looking past that year of knowledge thing.

Do numbers matter or does love and liberty by the spirit matter?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Do you believe say if someone been in the religion of Christianity for say 36 years, and they see a new Christian that only been in for six, people can look down on them?

Even say big churches that a pastor been teaching at for 15? Yet they see this Christian as a boy who knows nothing? Is that consider to be a spirit of envy or simple downing another person?

Is that good Christian ethic and moral when it comes to living by the spirit, Rita? Or is looking past that year of knowledge thing.

I wonder whether you have misunderstood the point I am making Matthew, I hope you don’t think I am having a dig at you.
I am talking about Spiritual maturity which for me is not measured by how long someone has been a Christian but about how open they are to learn. As far as a I am concerned there is always something new to learn and that won’t stop ……. On the other hand there are gems within the older Christians who have much to convey, and yet somehow they do not convey things with arrogance but a humility. They equally are still open to learn but can teach as well. Then there are those who pridefully believe they have learned all they need to and act like know it all’s………..some young Christians can actually be more mature than older Christians.
Rita

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing, your thoughts and heart sister. Hope you and your family are doing okay out here in this world.

Reactions: farouk

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for sharing, your thoughts and heart sister. Hope you and your family are doing okay out here in this world.
I place you in the middle group by the way, open to learn and able to teach xx
Yes, my dad is having a few problems but we are all doing ok considering all that is going on xx

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow that’s really deep intense Study to do everyday on one subject, has it help you in your life by having that knowledge somehow, Christophany?
Absolutely knowing God and pursuing Him is my lifelong passion. Think of the time spent asking your fiance/spouse questions getting to know them( reading scripture) and building that relationship over the years.

Early on in my Christian life I read the book called the knowledge of the Holy by AW Tozer and Knowing God by JI Packer. Those books convinced me that studying God and getting to know Him through His word, prayer, obedience and living by faith was essential. Another book called the Pursuit of God by Tozer in another amazing book I would recommend.

I always tell people/christians its never to late to develop good bible study habits and spending quite time a;one with the Lord on a daily basis. Its the most important relationship in our lives with Jesus. So like any other relationship in this life the more time you invest in getting to know the person the more you fall in love with them and the more time you want to spend with them. I'm always learning and growing in my knowledge of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

Mark 12:30-31
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself."There is no commandment greater than these.”

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 Chronicles 22:19
Now set your heart and soul to seek the LORD your God

1 Chronicles 28:9
And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Then again when you are really young you just learn automatically from others ….then as you get a bit older it falls into two camps, those who want to learn and accept they need to and those who don’t see the point and think they know it all already.
Often maturity takes you back to that point where you understand that learning has its place and that there is always something new to discover.
I do wonder sometimes how many Christians are stuck in the teenage years where they think they have nothing new to learn ……….

@Rita I've heard it said that at 15, a teen thinks that one's parents know everything; at 20, thinks that one's parents know nothing; and at 25, thinks that in the past few years one's parents seem to have learned a great deal...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Hi @MatthewG I do think that all stages of the Christian life until the Lord takes us home, the believer can continue to "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3.18).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To me the living by the Holy Spirit is primary and the scripture is secondary and good use for our reference view. Love for God first is important along with having love for others second and ourself last.

I know that none of us know each other’s life on here for the most part. To have compassion and love rather than fight and divide is far better when leaning on our Father in heaven and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What are your thoughts?
@MatthewG Ephesians 6's ref. to 'the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God' seems to encapsulate the need for Spirit-led activity in the Word.