Truth of the Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

The truth of the flesh is that it will always sin. The counter response is looking towards God and the truth of God, and allow the spirit of Christ to work with-in you by and through faith in trusting God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What are your thoughts about the flesh?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

The truth of the flesh is that it will always sin. The counter response is looking towards God and the truth of God, and allow the spirit of Christ to work with-in you by and through faith in trusting God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

What are your thoughts about the flesh?

Hi Matt, basically it refers to our imperfection. Of course literally we are flesh and blood, but our tendency to do wrong that preceded your fruits of the spirit, shows what our imperfect flesh gravitates to. No one is exempt as you pointed out a saying by Paul.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your comment Robert. It is something that been trying to get in my head lately and believe it helps us realize our nature and truly understand that we are forgiven even though the flesh gets riled up and does what it does, in which can be simmered down by the spirit of Christ with-in us. We will all reap what we sow be it to the flesh or the spirit.