truth only ? No. Not possible here.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes he was also the son of man, because God gave him authority not only in heaven but on earth also..the father gave everything to him ..the son and put all things in authority to over us
The “Son of man” (Jesus) in Daniel and Revelation is the Ancient of Days. He has always existed, and beginning with Moses and all the Prophets Jesus, the Son of man, explained to his disciples what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself. (Luke 24:27)

When Jesus, the Messiah, spoke of himself as the “Son of man” it was in the context of Philippians 2:5-11 that says:
Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, (6) who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, (7) but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. (8) And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. (9) Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name, (10) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth; (11) and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Luke 18:18-19 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? [19] And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Could be wrong but Paul probably would have said the same thing “why call me good? None is good, save one, that is, God.” And then by the power of the Holy Spirit of God would have opened the scriptures and expounded on “what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
Paul would not have said that, because he is not the "Son of man."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, the rich young ruler, even though he knew who Jesus was, walked away, not wanting to commit himself, or give up his wealth, the same as a lot of people.
Since he was desirous of eternal life, had he recognized who Jesus truly was, he would have believed Him and believed on Him, who called Himself the Bread of Life and the Life and Light of the world. So he walked away thinking that this rabbi was being unreasonable.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe kind of get where she is coming from. Luke 24:31-32 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight. [32] And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way,(the Spirit which leads to Life), and while he opened to us the scriptures?

Hey there.
I believe this is her third time..last time she was on here I think she was 'Jennifer Diana', she is always argumentative and disruptive .
I have tried before with her, but she just gets angry. ...and so I always just quit. It's a waste of time.
So I thought this time I would quit with her early. :)

( just explaining why I may seem hard with her. It never works )

Reactions: Joseph77

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok. Thanks then I’ll go back and read it again. All I know (again) could be wrong but Jesus said I must be delivered up. Even rebuked Peter saying if you loved me you (would have)rejoiced that I said I go away, because the Father is greater than I am.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A thread about Truth cannot be done...because we will always get people like you here, who do not "know" Jesus Christ. For if you really did , you wouldn't write the rubbish that you are writing!

You are writing about something that you know nothing about.
The direction people go is often because of what they learned , or always?, in the past.
Martin Luther learned a lot of evil first hand, evil knowledge, evil practices, evil teachings, and no salvation, no power to save,

at first.

He did not learn salvation in Jesus until God Almighty in heaven breathed on him, opened his minds eye and spirit to KNOW,
and
THEN,
he KNEW. It was revealed to him by the Father Almighty, unrelated to the church, unrelated to the false teachings, unrelated to everything or anything false - all in the past to be forgotten as God taught Paul and had written in Scripture....

With ten thousand two hundred days under his belt, so to speak, learning lies,
one day the Creator Himself revealed the truth of faith in Jesus to him, as the Creator had planned since before the creation of the world....

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since he was desirous of eternal life, had he recognized who Jesus truly was, he would have believed Him and believed on Him, who called Himself the Bread of Life and the Life and Light of the world. So he walked away thinking that this rabbi was being unreasonable.
You said the same as me in post 174.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 18:18-19 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? [19] And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

Could be wrong but Paul probably would have said the same thing “why call me good? None is good, save one, that is, God.” And then by the power of the Holy Spirit of God would have opened the scriptures and expounded on “what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
No, your not wrong here, if in the correct Biblical perspective -
if anyone calls you good, you can truthfully say there is none good but God.
That does not change.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember some of the religious leaders recognized Jesus, and even believed Him, but did not follow Him, (did not repent of their sin), because they loved the approval of the other religious leaders more than they loved the approval of God.

This may be happening worldwide, in multitudes today also, people love their own families, neighbors, church, doctor , school, politic party, or money, more than they love God, so they stop seeking God's Kingdom, they walk away from Jesus
as they chose to be with their friends instead, instead of seeking God's approval, and they stay on the wide popular road leading to destruction..... as Jesus says/ told people directly/ to them "Unless you repent, you will all likewise perish" ....

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul didn't have to say that because it was Jesus who sent him to witness for him in damacus and Paul seemed troubled throughout his whole journey that he rebuked people a bit.. he also seemed a little boastful in his teachings..but anyway like I said Jesus was called the son of man because God gave him authority on earth over us who is man as in mankind..creation the earth...He has authority in heaven and on earth....and he was also the son of God because he was God's son sent to earth as the Messiah

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah but I still don't know what that has to do with being good. Nobody can't be good everyday, only God can be good all the time however i do also remember Jesus said we should try to be perfect because God is perfect

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul didn't have to say that because it was Jesus who sent him to witness for him in damacus and Paul seemed troubled throughout his whole journey that he rebuked people a bit.. he also seemed a little boastful in his teachings..but anyway like I said Jesus was called the son of man because God gave him authority on earth over us who is man as in mankind..creation the earth...He has authority in heaven and on earth....and he was also the son of God because he was God's son sent to earth as the Messiah
The Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. (Mark 2:28)

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does God Himself say in Scripture about the truth? Scripture exposes even the very thoughts and intents of the heart - it does not at all support their own ideas when their own ideas are contrart to Scripture, opposed to truth.

Nope. You see Scripture is not in a vacuum or standing on it's own, it must be interpreted and you interpret it in your on way through your own ideas. What you are trying to do is to get people here to agree with you and when they inevitably don't you say they don't know real Scripture

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have not denied that, and that's quite evident. What I have pointed out is that the coming Antichrist is actually a real person, which is what was being denied.
Yes. The Scripture certainly indicates that the man of perdition is going to be a real person. I go along with John MacArthur's teaching on it, and out of all the Bible teachers concerning the end times, I think he is the best - and that is after 50 years of listening to all kinds of End-Time teachers.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest at least seeing for what teachings that one (macA) was exposed over the last 30 years or so.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A pastor (so named, so recognized, so posting) on another forum posted that the reason for the forums is to make money.

They got SOOOOOOOOO mad there ... (the mods) ..... they banned me for quoting the pastor, and deleted the pastor's post.
ok, controversial.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She's disobedient, willfully posting in a thread against the title of the thread, against the purpose of the thread, against the stated desires of the OP , and against truth.
She is welcome to ask question outside this thread, to be answered as God Permits,
but is not supposed to keep posting in this thread, as stated now several times.

Just like a democrat would not be allowed to continue pushing their politics in a republican only fund raiser/ meeting.
I really don't believe you have the authority to exclude anyone. That is up the moderators... and then only if someone has clearly broken a rule. Writing the OP does not mean you make up your own set of rules. You may not like it, but that really is the way that it is. It might be considered impolite by some to go against the request of the writer of the OP, but it is certainly not for that reason alone against forum rules as you seem to indicate.

You may not believe it but many bearing the label of Catholic really do love God! Many bearing the label Protestant really do not. We cannot separate the sheep from the goats by use of the label attached.

Reactions: mjrhealth