TULIP an open discussion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God says we are Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...how would we know this?
By the testimony of the Spirit to our spirit. By His Spirit that is in us. These are two specific ways the Bible teaches.

Romans 8:15-16 KJV
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

1 John 3:24 KJV
24) And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 4:13 KJV
13) Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing the word of God.

So we hear His Word, which then brings faith.

Much love!
That is not how God says we are “ Born Again “

Faith is a gift from God and is a manifestation of the Spirit...

How did you hear?

God says we must be Born Again...you hear the Living word of God when he testifies with our spirit that we are his children...we hear as he births our spirit into his...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
By the testimony of the Spirit to our spirit. By His Spirit that is in us. These are two specific ways the Bible teaches.

Much love!
What does that mean when he testifies that we are Born Again of imperishable seed?

Are you believing his written word?..what about his other word which is?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not how God says we are “ Born Again “
Romans 10:6-17 KJV
6) But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)
7) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16) But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

IF IF you confess, IF you believe, you will be saved.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does that mean when he testifies that we are Born Again of imperishable seed?
15) For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

For this, I think we can only answer for ourselves, since this is inside. But I know Someone who is not me, yet lives in me, who is powerful, and loving, and all that the Bible says He is. I know Him in my heart.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Romans 10:6-17 KJV
6) But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16) But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

IF IF you confess, IF you believe, you will be saved.

Much love!
I ask again...how can you believe without the Spirit.

How can you confess with your mouth...that Jesus is Lord without the witness of the Holy Spirit?

You must be Born Again then we are saved from eternal damnation

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
On the other hand, some people appear to be so morally bankrupt that they are unable to differentiate God from the Devil. These appear to be lost. I cannot reach people who lack a conscience.

People who can't differentiate God from the Devil, would be a Calvinist who teaches that '"God causes Evil".

See that?

That is CALVINISM,... that is a Calvinist....= attributing to GOD, the Devil's Work.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did you hear?
I'd heard the Gospel since being a small child. It was when I was 19 that I read a couple of books on Bible prophecy, and recognized it's significance, and realized it authenticated the Bible. I knew enough of what it says that I didn't want to yield to Jesus whom I now realized was real. But after two weeks of struggling over it I gave in, and was baptized, and was born again.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

For this, I think we can only answer for ourselves, since this is inside. But I know Someone who is not me, yet lives in me, who is powerful, and loving, and all that the Bible says He is. I know Him in my heart.

Much love!
You have posted the written word.

There is another word , when we become Born Of The Spirit....what word is that one?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'd heard the Gospel since being a small child. It was when I was 19 that I read a couple of books on Bible prophecy, and recognized it's significance, and realized it authenticated the Bible. I knew enough of what it says that I didn't want to yield to Jesus whom I now realized was real. But after two weeks of struggling over it I gave in, and was baptized, and was born again.

Much love!
What do you mean you heard the gospel?xx

I don’t understand how you gave in and was baptised and was Born Again, as it isn’t biblical.xx

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be Born Again then we are saved from eternal damnation
According to John, you are not going to be born again unless you first believe and receive Jesus.

Some speak of spiritual interpretation of the Scriptures, which can mean one of two things. Either the words mean something other than what they say, and we only discover that by the revelation of the Spirit, or, the words mean what they say, but we only really understand them when the Spirit reveals this.

I'm on the side of that the Holy Spirit will NEVER contradict Himself, therefore, the words mean what they say, but we need Him to understand them. Personally I found this to be overwhelmingly true.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, now I think we are getting somewhere.

What other word is out there?..other than Gods written word?xx
There is no contradiction between the written word and the Living Word. God doesn't contradict Himself. We can all speak of what we've experienced with Jesus, and it's all very subjective, but the Bible is objective, we all share it. I subordinate my experiences to the Holy Scriptures.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean you heard the gospel?xx

I don’t understand how you gave in and was baptised and was Born Again, as it isn’t biblical.xx
But as many as received him . . . it's fully Biblical.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
According to John, you are not going to be born again unless you first believe and receive Jesus.

Some speak of spiritual interpretation of the Scriptures, which can mean one of two things. Either the words mean something other than what they say, and we only discover that by the revelation of the Spirit, or, the words mean what they say, but we only really understand them when the Spirit reveals this.

I'm on the side of that the Holy Spirit will NEVER contradict Himself, therefore, the words mean what they say, but we need Him to understand them. Personally I found this to be overwhelmingly true.

Much love!
We’ve already discussed this about believing have we not?

We don’t agree on it, therefore should we going over the same ground...neither of us are going to budge on what we believe...so I think it’s best we agree to disagree don’t you?xx

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking people know calvinism is wrong!! There are no people that cannot ever be saved no matter what they may believe, say and do. Everyone that makes the choice to believed call on the name of Jesus is saved.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s what I’m asking you,xx
It says faith comes by hearing, not hearing by faith.

This says if we believe and confess we will be saved, not that we are saved to be able to believe and confess.

Much love!