Two Ways of thinking about OSAS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
Actually, you've misunderstood what I've been saying. The Bible is clear that there is always forgiveness for us if we slip and fall down into sin (Proverbs 24:16 KJV), but there is not one shred of forgiveness available to those who deliberately sit down in it and refuse to get up and leave (Proverbs 28:13 KJV). The latter is known as "iniquity" aka "presumptuous sin" and is deliberate, known sin from which the sinner refuses to cease, believing that it will be covered by grace. That is what I've been referring to here. Please hover over the verses and compare the two. That is what John refers to in 1 John 2:3-4 KJV when he says, "Hereby we do know that we know Him if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him." John's talking about presumptuous sin
Spoken like a true Jew who were under the commandments of the Law. A child of God is not under the law.

You are only seeing what you want to see. A child of God is not a child because he/she is sinless in the flesh. The scriptures are clear in that only faith in Jesus' work on the cross will save a person. You are trying to save yourself by what YOU DO not what Jesus has already done. But you can't see this.

You can't see how wonderful Jesus' work on the cross is. It saves sinners and I am a sinner just as you are. But it seems you think you do not do as you claim others do because you are perfect. Everyone sins in the flesh including you. But you claim your work of repentance saves you. Your works. I believe Jesus' work saves people. I will give the glory to Jesus while the religious take the glory for themselves.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
The scripture say that we can not quit sinning as long as we live in bodies with a sinful nature.
The Scriptures say nothing of the kind. The Scripture says, "I can do ALL things through Christ Who strengthens me." Does "all things" include obeying God's law? Yes, except in the mind of a liberal who loves nailing Jesus to the Cross with his deliberate, known sin.

The Scripture says you are to cease from your slavery to that old, sinful nature, and submit yourself as a new creature in Christ to your new spiritual nature that you receive from Christ - stop walking after the flesh which will bring condemnation, for "there is now therefore no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
Spoken like a true Jew who were under the commandments of the Law. A child of God is not under the law.

You are only seeing what you want to see. A child of God is not a child because he/she is sinless in the flesh. The scriptures are clear in that only faith in Jesus' work on the cross will save a person. You are trying to save yourself by what YOU DO not what Jesus has already done. But you can't see this.

You can't see how wonderful Jesus' work on the cross is. It saves sinners and I am a sinner just as you are. But it seems you think you do not do as you claim others do because you are perfect. Everyone sins in the flesh including you. But you claim your work of repentance saves you. Your works. I believe Jesus' work saves people. I will give the glory to Jesus while the religious take the glory for themselves.
Solomon said there's no new thing under the sun. Your loose liberal theology that those who refuse to confess and forsake their sin will receive eternal life was popular among ancient Israel before Jesus, the God of the OT, finally sent the sword of Babylon against them, and yet you liberals think Jesus is somehow pleased with this false doctrine today?

"Because with lies ye (false teachers) have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life." Ezekiel 13:22 KJV

"Not under the law does not mean we are free to continue breaking the law. It means we are free from the condemnation of the law on condition that we confess and forsake our sin - sin being defined in 1 John 3:4 KJV as "transgression of the law".

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
Solomon said there's no new thing under the sun. Your loose liberal theology that those who refuse to confess and forsake their sin will receive eternal life was popular among ancient Israel before Jesus, the God of the OT, finally sent the sword of Babylon against them, and yet you liberals think Jesus is somehow pleased with this false doctrine today?

"Because with lies ye (false teachers) have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life." Ezekiel 13:22 KJV

"Not under the law does not mean we are free to continue breaking the law. It means we are free from the condemnation of the law on condition that we confess and forsake our sin - sin being defined in 1 John 3:4 KJV as "transgression of the law".
Why do I have to confess my sins when I am aware of them and have placed my faith in Jesus who paid for those sins? For me to do an act of repentance to remove my sins of the flesh is the same as saying Jesus did not pay for them, my act of repentance pays for them.

You can quote all the scriptures you wish that were directed to those under the law but Jesus took care of the law for us. We are not under the law. You can call what I write to be false doctrine all you want to but your saying that does not make it so.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
Why do I have to confess my sins when I am aware of them and have placed my faith in Jesus who paid for those sins? For me to do an act of repentance to remove my sins of the flesh is the same as saying Jesus did not pay for them, my act of repentance pays for them.

You can quote all the scriptures you wish that were directed to those under the law but Jesus took care of the law for us. We are not under the law. You can call what I write to be false doctrine all you want to but your saying that does not make it so.
Richard, hears my understanding on it:

You don't have to confess your sins and you aren't even capable of sufficiently confessing your sins. One single and small sin is enough to damn you (Jesus, Paul and James all agree on that). So if you are going to confess your sins you must get them all.... Even the ones you don't remember.

And THAT'S what the traditional church world tells folks to do! Impossible!

But what you (and i speak in general) can and must do is realize you are a sinner, deserving of hell and confess you need Jesus' help. What makes this effective is that it admits to all sin (past, present and future) and it won't be imputed to you.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:

Sorry, friend, but your doctrine doesn't stand the test of Biblical scrutiny.

Proverbs 28:13 KJV speaks of two classes, to which we belong to one or the other:
  • the one class who tries to cover up their sin (with concealment, denial, God's grace, etc.) gets no mercy.
  • the other class which is commanded to "confesseth and forsaketh" their sin in order to receive mercy.
James says "let a man examine himself to see if he be in the faith", and he calls for us to use the "law mirror" to conduct such an examination. If you look into the mirror of the law, and are found to be living contrary to it, then you have yet to truly confess and forsake (forget) your sin and are not in the faith. (the sin both I and the Bible refers to is deliberate, known sin that we refuse to turn from, not when we mess up and seek forgiveness and power to cease from that sin - big diff)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Phone man name us just one person on this earh who does not "sin". Jesus never dies so we would stop sinnin He died so it would not condemn us. As for teh Law, well just think of that man who treid to steady teh arc and was killed for it. the law is holy and good, and all whom touch it will die as He died, for that is what the law does, there is no leniency in the law, that is why he Mercy seat was placed above the law, and whay God aked for mecry and not sacrifice something the religious could simply not fathom and who would rather kill by the law than forgive with grace, for righteouness does not come by keeping the law, but by Christ. It is only by what He did that we can stand before God, it is by what He did taht we are save, it is by What He did that sin is no longer imputed to us. By keeping the law as you know well is impossible for you to do, you have already condemned yourself, because you have foraken grace that come by Christ. And again even just in keeping the law you have borken it because you have comiited adultry.

Rom 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
Rom 7:2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
Rom 7:3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

We as Christians ate bethroed to Christ He is our Husband, the law was the Husband of the Jews, whom now to by what Christ has done are become His bride aswell. But religion has blinded you just as it did Saul.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:

Proverbs 28:13 KJV speaks of two classes, to which we belong to one or the other:
  • the one class who tries to cover up their sin (with concealment, denial, God's grace, etc.) gets no mercy.
  • the other class which is commanded to "confesseth and forsaketh" their sin in order to receive mercy.
James says "let a man examine himself to see if he be in the faith", and he calls for us to use the "law mirror" to conduct such an examination. If you look into the mirror of the law, and are found to be living contrary to it, then you have yet to truly confess and forsake (forget) your sin and are not in the faith. (the sin both I and the Bible refers to is deliberate, known sin that we refuse to turn from, not when we mess up and seek forgiveness and power to cease from that sin - big diff)
From what I read in the Bible God dealt only with His people, the Jews after Abraham. The Gentiles were left out. Therefore you can use the O.T. to set up your religion beliefs all you want to but you need to be a Jew.

You continue to try and use what was written to the Jews under the law with what has been written to those under grace who are not under the law. -- But your teaching is false teaching. We are not under law no matter how much you try and put us there.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phoneman777 said:

Speaking of biblical scrutiny, what does Paul teach in Romans 6:14?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
H. Richard said:
From what I read in the Bible God dealt only with His people, the Jews after Abraham. The Gentiles were left out. Therefore you can use the O.T. to set up your religion beliefs all you want to but you need to be a Jew.

You continue to try and use what was written to the Jews under the law with what has been written to those under grace who are not under the law. -- But your teaching is false teaching. We are not under law no matter how much you try and put us there.
Sorry, I don't buy into Darby's Dispensationalism or any subsequent variation of it because it violates Scripture by differentiating between "Jew and Gentile" when Paul says plainly that we are all one in Christ. He also said to the Romans (clearly not Jews) that the OT texts are "for our learning, that we...might have hope" (Romans 15:4 KJV). Therefore, friend, please join me in learning of the "hope" of "mercy" that Proverbs 28:13 KJV offers to those of us who are willing to "confess and forsake" our sin, without which there is no hope.

I really don't think you actually believe that "not under the law means we are not obligated to keep the law", otherwise you would have to argue that I can commence the worship of Satan and offer human sacrifices until my dying day and still split heaven wide open, which is absurd. "Not under law" means "not under the condemnation of the law", for Paul also says "there is now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit" and John says that we who have the hope of mercy (Proverbs 28:13 KJV) should walk "even as He walked". Jesus never walked in sin, and whoever allows His continual abiding presence in the heart can walk "even as He walked" as well.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Speaking of biblical scrutiny, what does Paul teach in Romans 6:14?
It says that we are not under law but under grace. However, if we stop there and fail to read on, we will be left with a misconception about what "not under law but under grace" means:

Romans 6:15-16 KJV : "What then, shall we (saints) sin, because we (saints) are not under law but under grace? God forbid. Know ye (saints) not that to whom ye (saints) yield yourselves (saints) servants to obey, his servants ye (saints) are to whom ye (saints) obey, whether sin unto death or obedience unto righteousness?"

I wanted to emphasize that a full 7 times Paul's words are confirmed to be directed to grace saved, born again, washed in the blood, bound for glory Christian saints as he concludes his statement with the solemn warning at the end 16 which clearly establishes that grace saved Christians who cast off Christ and return to a life of sin forfeit eternal life. Unless of course, one wants to argue that "sin unto death" refers not to "eternal damnation" but "expedited arrival to our home in glory" - which if that is the case, why would any of us argue against "sin unto death" when such a sublime outcome is to be expected as a consequence of it? But, alas, it means nothing of the sort, because those who "sin unto death" are clearly in stark contrast to those who are "obedient unto righteousness...without which no man may see God", right?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
, otherwise you would have to argue that I can commence the worship of Satan and offer human sacrifices until my dying day and still split heaven wide open, which is absurd
Well if that is the type of person you are no law will stop you, just take a look at the world today. The law, any law has very rarely stopped anyone from doing evil. Those who choose to will no matter what. Do you know all teh laws of your country, i dont yet i do not go around deliberately breaking them why because of this,

Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Its all about love.

The law brings much boasting, Sure we all wich we could walk this world as Christ did, but keeping the law wont help you one bit. Even He broke ot according to the pharrsees. But that was them looking to condemn Him and not knowing what the Scriptures meant.

You may persist in "trying" to keep teh law, something you will never achieve and at the end of each day will condemn you as that waht Holy things do to that what is not, and for you there can be noo grace, for again to keep the law you must forsake grace, its being Luke warm, I try this bit but if i fail i will try the other bit. Sorry doesnt impress God or us who know what we are in Christ.

Rev_3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev_3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

If you really desire to please God than do the only thing you can do to please Him, have faith.

And its really odd how those who choose the law always insist that if they dont have it they will go do bad things???

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Well if that is the type of person you are no law will stop you, just take a look at the world today. The law, any law has very rarely stopped anyone from doing evil. Those who choose to will no matter what. Do you know all teh laws of your country, i dont yet i do not go around deliberately breaking them why because of this,

Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Its all about love.

The law brings much boasting, Sure we all wich we could walk this world as Christ did, but keeping the law wont help you one bit. Even He broke ot according to the pharrsees. But that was them looking to condemn Him and not knowing what the Scriptures meant.

You may persist in "trying" to keep teh law, something you will never achieve and at the end of each day will condemn you as that waht Holy things do to that what is not, and for you there can be noo grace, for again to keep the law you must forsake grace, its being Luke warm, I try this bit but if i fail i will try the other bit. Sorry doesnt impress God or us who know what we are in Christ.

Rev_3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev_3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

If you really desire to please God than do the only thing you can do to please Him, have faith.

And its really odd how those who choose the law always insist that if they dont have it they will go do bad things???
It seems you've written another chapter in your epic, "Straw Men of the Bible" :)

No one is arguing salvation by works, because without Christ it's impossible for any man to render work acceptable in the sight of God. However, Christ in us and the salvation He brings is both pardon for repented sins and power to live a righteous life "which is your reasonable service". Those who claim to be saved but do not produce the fruit of salvation - obedience - evidence that Satan, not Christ, sits enthroned upon the heart.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Phoneman777 said:
It says that we are not under law but under grace. However, if we stop there and fail to read on, we will be left with a misconception about what "not under law but under grace" means:

Romans 6:15-16 KJV : "What then, shall we (saints) sin, because we (saints) are not under law but under grace? God forbid. Know ye (saints) not that to whom ye (saints) yield yourselves (saints) servants to obey, his servants ye (saints) are to whom ye (saints) obey, whether sin unto death or obedience unto righteousness?"

I wanted to emphasize that a full 7 times Paul's words are confirmed to be directed to grace saved, born again, washed in the blood, bound for glory Christian saints as he concludes his statement with the solemn warning at the end 16 which clearly establishes that grace saved Christians who cast off Christ and return to a life of sin forfeit eternal life. Unless of course, one wants to argue that "sin unto death" refers not to "eternal damnation" but "expedited arrival to our home in glory" - which if that is the case, why would any of us argue against "sin unto death" when such a sublime outcome is to be expected as a consequence of it? But, alas, it means nothing of the sort, because those who "sin unto death" are clearly in stark contrast to those who are "obedient unto righteousness...without which no man may see God", right?
That's right and being under grace means we're not under the law. 1 John 2:1-2

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those who claim to be saved but do not produce the fruit of salvation - obedience - evidence that Satan, not Christ, sits enthroned upon the heart.
Fruit,

1. Faith (obedience)- in believing God which amazingly not many christians do
2. Believeing that Christ did all that was required for man to be saved - christians still trying to add to the price He paid - Was it not enough??
3. Resting from ones own work, which teh law is all about, you know that sabbath rest, read that other topic. and as yet besides Christ no one has achieved and no one will achieve keeping the law because this Verse speaks of only one whom was found worthy.

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Rev 5:7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
Rev 5:8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

And no man wil lever be

Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Straw Men of the Bible"
Sorry i am not a learned man I only " like Saul,choose to know Christ crucifed, But I am sorry PM but I already know teh devil, seiing Him 3 or 4 times, its the price one pays for "follwing Christ", and I already know my reward, I have already being baptized into His death and raised up into eternal Life, that is the bit that happens when you get past the cross, where men die. Not only that I have seeing Christ and His Sheep, dressed in white with huge smiles on there faces. I do know the voice of my Shepherd, as I keep telling you, He has so much to offer you but like so many you choose your religion and your own understanding over Him you claim to love. He comes at a price which I readily admit seems too high to pay at times but worth every bit. TO KNOW HIM, the bible doesnt even come close.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
That's right and being under grace means we're not under the law. 1 John 2:1-2
Yes, not under the condemnation of it, on condition that we cease from breaking it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Faith (obedience)
Mjrhealth, it seems that from this you believe "obedience" means "to have faith", but that is not so. James never said faith was obedience, he said that he demonstrated his faith by obedience (by not committing adultery or killing, his obvious reference to the Ten Commandments)

Resting from ones own work, which teh law is all about
No, giving up trying to work for salvation is the rest we enjoy in Christ. Obedience rendered to Him afterward proves He's in our heart, likewise, sin prove's someone else is in the heart.

I only " like Saul,choose to know Christ crucifed, But I am sorry PM but I already know teh devil, seiing Him 3 or 4 times, its the price one pays for "follwing Christ", and I already know my reward, I have already being baptized into His death and raised up into eternal Life, that is the bit that happens when you get past the cross, where men die. Not only that I have seeing Christ and His Sheep, dressed in white with huge smiles on there faces. I do know the voice of my Shepherd, as I keep telling you, He has so much to offer you but like so many you choose your religion and your own understanding over Him you claim to love. He comes at a price which I readily admit seems too high to pay at times but worth every bit. TO KNOW HIM, the bible doesnt even come close.
I get my religion out of the Bible, not the "smooth sayings" of popular false prophets, friend. For instance, you speak here a lot about "knowing" Christ but your brand of religion offers no definitive explanation for how you know it is so. My religion offers a BIBLE TEXT for how we can truly know that we know Him:
"Hereby we do know that we know Him if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar and teh truth is not in Him." 1 John 2:3-4 KJV
Bible religion teaches that obedience to God's law can't save you, but that obeying God's law is the evidence that a person truly knows Jesus, while false religion teaches a person is free to break God's law as long as they declare "I know Jesus" or "I have faith" or "I'm under grace", etc. which are all empty professions if works does not accompany them.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bible religion teaches that obedience to God's law can't save you, but that obeying God's law is the evidence that a person truly knows Jesus, while false religion teaches a person is free to break God's law as long as they declare "I know Jesus" or "I have faith" or "I'm under grace", etc. which are all empty professions if works does not accompany them.
Yes bible religion same as all other religions, when one raises up an idol in place of God and Jesus and gives it more power than teh creator. One can only ever know "abot" Christ as even He declared,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

And so you choose to have no life, for Life is only in Him, again as it says,

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But you dont believe so there fore cannot get life for to get life you must know Him as it says,

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Again He has so much to offer you, why are you rejecting Him???

Are you going to be teh one that makes this line a lie

Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Because if you where to walk as He did, there would be two who where found worthy,

What does it say about Grace by faith so none shall boast"

As you keep admitting, you without Gods law would do bad things
, otherwise you would have to argue that I can commence the worship of Satan and offer human sacrifices until my dying day and still split heaven wide open, which is absurd
thats why teh law is for sinners and teh unrighteous, why because the yare not in Christ, becasue one who is in Christ must walk in Love (which fulfils all the requirement) love need no law to do good, but the evil need laws to restrain them

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Our righteousness in in Christ alone, it does not come from keeping any laws, if as you claim you where in Christ you would understand that. I dont now 10% of the laws in this country yet you dont see me going around breaking them,

Luk_6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Than al lis well. No laws just Love why is it so hard to understand??

well he did tell me you where a hard one, wait till you find Him its all worth it. PS Hes not hiding your just looking in all the wrong places.

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

So few answer the call.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phoneman777 said:
Mjrhealth, it seems that from this you believe "obedience" means "to have faith", but that is not so. James never said faith was obedience, he said that he demonstrated his faith by obedience (by not committing adultery or killing, his obvious reference to the Ten Commandments)

No, giving up trying to work for salvation is the rest we enjoy in Christ. Obedience rendered to Him afterward proves He's in our heart, likewise, sin prove's someone else is in the heart.

I get my religion out of the Bible, not the "smooth sayings" of popular false prophets, friend. For instance, you speak here a lot about "knowing" Christ but your brand of religion offers no definitive explanation for how you know it is so. My religion offers a BIBLE TEXT for how we can truly know that we know Him:
"Hereby we do know that we know Him if we keep His commandments. He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a liar and teh truth is not in Him." 1 John 2:3-4 KJV
So we are to tell if a person is saved by how good he/she is. Have you not read where even the Angels can not tell the children of God from the children of Satan?

Matt 13:24-30
The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares 24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28 He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29 But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn."'"
NKJV

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Yes bible religion same as all other religions, when one raises up an idol in place of God and Jesus and gives it more power than teh creator. One can only ever know "abot" Christ as even He declared,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

And so you choose to have no life, for Life is only in Him, again as it says,

Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

But you dont believe so there fore cannot get life for to get life you must know Him as it says,

Joh_10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh_10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Again He has so much to offer you, why are you rejecting Him???

Are you going to be teh one that makes this line a lie

Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

Because if you where to walk as He did, there would be two who where found worthy,

What does it say about Grace by faith so none shall boast"

As you keep admitting, you without Gods law would do bad things
thats why teh law is for sinners and teh unrighteous, why because the yare not in Christ, becasue one who is in Christ must walk in Love (which fulfils all the requirement) love need no law to do good, but the evil need laws to restrain them

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Our righteousness in in Christ alone, it does not come from keeping any laws, if as you claim you where in Christ you would understand that. I dont now 10% of the laws in this country yet you dont see me going around breaking them,

Luk_6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Than al lis well. No laws just Love why is it so hard to understand??

well he did tell me you where a hard one, wait till you find Him its all worth it. PS Hes not hiding your just looking in all the wrong places.

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,
Gal 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

So few answer the call.
If you're not going to address my texts, then this is pointless, friend. The Bible is not a buffet line, where we pick and choose what we like. Again, "he that saith, "I know Him" and keepeth not His commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him." If you're next post does not address this verse, then I'll dust off the sandals and block you, which I really don't like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.