UAW will not talk today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am sure the cars made elsewhere outside of the UAW will do much better sales.
The only thing which can help American car manufacturing is further increasing automation and having fewer actual production workers.
They will strike themselves out of future employment.
All the American car manufacturers have either gone out of business or should have been allowed to fail.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
After the 1960's, all American made and designed cars were junk, lousy even brand new were not good cars. I know cause I have owned a lot of them. I do like my 2005 Cummins Diesel 4x4 Ram truck, but that company when switching to the cp4 high pressure fuel pump in later years ruined its engines for a number of years and had to switch back to the cp3. Bosch also makes lousy injection systems for diesels, the Nippondenso HP4 system is much better.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the late 70's my grandfather's company built a GM Engine block casting plant in Mexico City. (I got in trouble for doing a drawing of Manuel Labor on a set of structural drawings ....and forgot to erase him before sending the drawings out.

Maybe it's well past the time for GM and Ford to take it all down south ....

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lock the doors and tell the communists "Get back to work." In a few weeks they will start crossing the picket lines ......
Well seeing as America was founded on rebellion against government, striking is a natural outcome of that.

Strikes are against the Word of god no matter how bad the employer may be.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lock the doors and tell the communists "Get back to work." In a few weeks they will start crossing the picket lines ......
Dispensing with unions would be a great start.

Holding companies hostage to demands or else the company will not make a product, perform services, nor will their employees continue to draw a paycheck, is akin to fascism.

Car manufacturers should foresee these tactics given other unions history and prepare.

Hire employees for every position on the auto manufacturing line, let the union workers train them to the fullest.
When UAW strikes, let them strike.

While the new free employees take up the posts vacated by those union workers, and the line continues without a hitch.

No renewed union contract. Just free employees making a product free of fascist like tactics.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dispensing with unions would be a great start.

Holding companies hostage to demands or else the company will not make a product, perform services, nor will their employees continue to draw a paycheck, is akin to fascism.

Car manufacturers should foresee these tactics given other unions history and prepare.

Hire employees for every position on the auto manufacturing line, let the union workers train them to the fullest.
When UAW strikes, let them strike.

While the new free employees take up the posts vacated by those union workers, and the line continues without a hitch.

No renewed union contract. Just free employees making a product free of fascist like tactics.

Dispensing with unions .....Includes the Teachers and Federal Employee Unions.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The expectations of all auto workers is new hires will join the union, otherwise, bad things may happen. Plus, hires naturally want to unionize.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unions killed the auto industry in the first place.. Let them continue to kill the big three..

why anyone is purchasing new cars at these outrageous prices in the first place is beyond me.

The people need to strike and bring auto prices down..

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The unions killed the auto industry in the first place.. Let them continue to kill the big three..

why anyone is purchasing new cars at these outrageous prices in the first place is beyond me.

The people need to strike and bring auto prices down..
I would like to buy a new SUV, but the price tags are outrageous! They are around 30% overpriced.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In 1970 you could buy a new corvette for $6,000. What's the base price now on a new corvette? $86,000?
I think the US dollar has deflated so that $1 in 1900, is worth $100 today. You can look it up, deinflating the dollar is what inflation does to the value of a dollar,.Inflation is caused by the government.

Reactions: mailmandan

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a tribute on The Price Is Right for Bob Barker. They reran some of the old show clips.

One game featured a brand new 1970 car that the contestant had to guess the price of. Just over $3,000.

Today I rarely see a temporary tag on a new car.