Understanding The Coming of Christ in Times, Verses Eternity.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had such a difficult time explaining the truth of Christ's coming (and return) as being one way from the worldly perspective and another from God's perspective, that I made this image to visualize it:

Prism-Gathering.jpg

Yes, Jesus came during His own time during the history and times of this world, but the event was not so much a worldly event as it was a Godly or heavenly event wherein there is no passing of time. The above graphic shows Jesus coming once for all time according to the foreshadowing of the seven days of creation depicted in Daniel's prophecy as "a time, times, and half a time" in which the sacrifice (Christ) ends in the middle. Thus, those who lived before His coming in the midst of times and the history of the world, the scriptures tell us that when He ascended from the grave, He first descended unto the dead. It was and is afterward then that He also told us that from that point on He stands at the door and knocks and whoever hears Him and opens the door, He comes into in the form of living rather than in death as before, which Paul referred to as "but each one in his own order."

Therefore, it is written of the dead and the living as being "in Christ", and also that we do not rise to be with Him in the future per se, but just as we "were crucified with Christ", we also "were" raised up with Him irregardless of each person coming in their own time in history.

Now, it is true that this is not what has been taught--but it was and is also taught that "false teacher" have entered the church and many would believe a "lie" causing "strong delusion" and "great apostacy." So, I make no excuse for telling it different than you may have believed--which I do according to what has also been foretold of our being "lead unto all truth" and "the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets" before the sounding of the seventh angel of Revelations. Both--both lies and truth have been foretold. I submit, that if the truth were first taught it would have prevailed, and great apostacy would not have ensued; and that the "falling away" from God and truth is not yet to come, but was already at work from the beginning. It's called "the fall."

The second coming of Christ then, after His coming first in His own body which He laid down for the sins of the world He then gave to the church, that He should come again in "like manner" again in His own body by the Spirit whom He has sent.

But the point is this: That the times of this world are of this world and created only for a time of revelation, while what is revealed is of God who is not of this world and in whom there is no passing of time. It is in this way that every word of truth should be divided, and is the leading unto all truth.

"Then comes the end."

Last edited: