Understanding the 'Little Horn' power of Prophecy in Daniel.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The workings of the antichrist (Satan) begun long before the the papacy.
1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
Indeed…
1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denieth the Father and the Son.

However, there is one that will come claiming to be the messiah, with powers and wonders that separates him from the many antichrist.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed…
1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denieth the Father and the Son.

However, there is one that will come claiming to be the messiah, with powers and wonders that separates him from the many antichrist.
Not according to John.

There were already many when John wrote, and have been many ever since.

The apostate papacy was one of the many.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice…
Not according to John.

There were already many when John wrote, and have been many ever since.

The apostate papacy was one of the many.
Yes…. But there is a specific one…

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. (KJV)​

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Notice…

Yes…. But there is a specific one…
  1. All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17
  2. “The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God. He is the divine monarch and supreme emperor, and king of kings. Hence the pope is crowned with a triple crown, as King of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, vol.6, art. “Papa II”
  3. “We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who other than yourself is on your side? :laughing:

Really, it is not a competition as I have all the support that I need. Job had friends that told him that his understanding was wrapped but the reality was that he not only had to hear God, but he also had to see God.

In my experience I am becoming better at both hearing and seeing God. Who else do I need to be in agreement with me?

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Really, it is not a competition as I have all the support that I need. Job had friends that told him that his understanding was wrapped but the reality was that he not only had to hear God, but he also had to see God.

In my experience I am becoming better at both hearing and seeing God. Who else do I need to be in agreement with me?
So God agrees with no one but you. :laughing:

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. All the names which in the Scripture are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope.” Robert Cardinal Bellarmine, De Conciliorum Auctoriatate (On the Authority of the Councils) Bk 2, chap. 17
  2. “The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not mere man, but as it were God, and the vicar of God. He is the divine monarch and supreme emperor, and king of kings. Hence the pope is crowned with a triple crown, as King of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions.” Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Bibliotheca, vol.6, art. “Papa II”
  3. “We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty.” Pope Leo XIII, in an encyclical letter dated June 20, 1894, The Great Encyclical Letters of Leo XIII, p. 304.
Was there no idolatry before Pagan Rome? Whence then came the worship of "Moloch" and "Remphan," and "Chium," in the wilderness (Acts vii. 43. Amos v. 25, 26); and the worship of Ashtoreth, the abomination (i.e., idol) of the Zidonians, and Chemosh, the abomination of the Moabites, and Milcom, the abomination of the children of Ammon, which were introduced by Solomon (1 Kings xi. 5. 2 Kings xxiii. 11)? Was Rome the mother of these? The description here goes back to the origin of all the abominations of heathen idolatry. Rome's place in history makes this an absolute impossibility.

Ew Bullinger

Have a good night, perhaps we can share thoughts tomorrow.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Was there no idolatry before Pagan Rome? Whence then came the worship of "Moloch" and "Remphan," and "Chium," in the wilderness (Acts vii. 43. Amos v. 25, 26); and the worship of Ashtoreth, the abomination (i.e., idol) of the Zidonians, and Chemosh, the abomination of the Moabites, and Milcom, the abomination of the children of Ammon, which were introduced by Solomon (1 Kings xi. 5. 2 Kings xxiii. 11)? Was Rome the mother of these? The description here goes back to the origin of all the abominations of heathen idolatry. Rome's place in history makes this an absolute impossibility.

Ew Bullinger

Have a good night, perhaps we can share thoughts tomorrow.
The quotes I cited were the claims of papal, not pagan, Rome.

You quoted 2 Thessalonians 2:2-4, which identifies the man of sin. The quotes I cited, in which the pope is claimed to be God, identify him as that man of sin, confirmed by the Reformers.

So Moloch et al were not the man of sin.

A good night to you as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truthnightmare

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So God agrees with no one but you. :laughing:

As usual you are not getting the point that I am making.

If God agrees with me, then I must be in agreement with God. I have not really made any claims but to have someone being in agreement with you, it also means that you are in agreement with them. For two people to be in agreement, then both must have the same understanding as the other.

Your attempts to put down what I have posted is laughable to say the least. Just because you cannot comprehend what I am posting, does not mean that I am wrong. It just means that you cannot grasp what I have posted and in your mind that must make me wrong in your eyes.

What is being posted from the Church of God's web page, by some on this forum, on this subject matter, is flawed. It is still being based on what Armstrong taught many years ago. and the Church of God has not moved on from the previous position that were held by Armstrong.

My Grandfather would listen to Armstrongs radio broadcasts in the 1960-70 and even back then Armstrong was considered to be wrong in what he broadcast.

When Dr. Floyd Nolen Jones did his PHD on the Chronology of the Old Testament, he used Bishop Ussher's Chronology of the Old Testament which was published in AD 1650 as the basis of his thesis and in most cases, Floyd Jone verified how Ussher understood the scriptures. There are many that accept Ussher's Chronology of the Old Testament as being correct, but in essence there are many Chronologies, Floyd lists 34, which range from BC 3836 up to BC 5501 as when Adam was created.

From my own study of the Chronology of the Old Testament I would suggest that Ussher's brother-in-law, T Lydiat's calculations come closer to the mark as to when Adam was created. Lydiat's calculations suggest that Adam was created in the year BC 4,103. From my own calculations of the Chronology of the Old Testament, I have concluded that Adam was created in the year BC 4100. Whether or not I am right is immaterial to me. However, the calculation exercise undertaken has confirmed when certain event did take place. It also confirmed to me that the time span from Adam's creation until the GWTR judgement is around 7,168 years in duration.

I also came to the realisation that the prophecies contain within the scriptures were not based on a prophetic year of 360 days but rather the prophetic time span was in fact a Solar year. What was the basis for this conclusion? The 490 years allocated for Israel to repent in Daniel 9:24a had to coincide with the number of Sin Sacrifices that would be possible over the given 490 years for them to repent.

But I am sure that you will find some grounds to just disagree with me on this point of view as well.

Goodbye

Last edited:

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As usual you are not getting the point that I am making.

If God agrees with me, then I must be in agreement with God. I have not really made any claims but to have someone being in agreement with you, it also means that you are in agreement with them. For two people to be in agreement, then both must have the same understanding as the other.

Your attempts to put down what I have posted is laughable to say the least. Just because you cannot comprehend what I am posting, does not mean that I am wrong. It just means that you cannot grasp what I have posted and in your mind that must make me wrong in your eyes.

What is being posted from the Church of God's web page, by some on this forum, on this subject matter, is flawed. It is still being based on what Armstrong taught many years ago. and the Church of God has not moved on from the previous position that were held by Armstrong.

My Grandfather would listen to Armstrongs radio broadcasts in the 1960-70 and even back then Armstrong was considered to be wrong in what he broadcast.

When Dr. Floyd Nolen Jones did his PHD on the Chronology of the Old Testament, he used Bishop Ussher's Chronology of the Old Testament which was published in AD 1650 as the basis of his thesis and in most cases, Floyd Jone verified how Ussher understood the scriptures. There are many that accept Ussher's Chronology of the Old Testament as being correct, but in essence there are many Chronologies, Floyd lists 34, which range from BC 3836 up to BC 5501 as when Adam was created.

From my own study of the Chronology of the Old Testament I would suggest that Ussher's brother-in-law, T Lydiat's calculations come closer to the mark as to when Adam was created. Lydiat's calculations suggest that Adam was created in the year BC 4,103. From my own calculations of the Chronology of the Old Testament, I have concluded that Adam was created in the year BC 4100. Whether or not I am right is immaterial to me. However, the calculation exercise undertaken has confirmed when certain event did take place. It also confirmed to me that the time span from Adam's creation until the GWTR judgement is around 7,168 years in duration.

I also came to the realisation that the prophecies contain within the scriptures were not based on a prophetic year of 360 days but rather the prophetic time span was in fact a Solar year. What was the basis for this conclusion? The 490 years allocated for Israel to repent in Daniel 9:24a had to coincide with the number of Sin Sacrifices that would be possible over the given 490 years for them to repent.

But I am sure that you will find some grounds to just disagree with me on this point of view as well.

Goodbye
What does this have to do with the Reformation, which is what we were discussing?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does this have to do with the Reformation, which is what we were discussing?

No, I was not wanting to be talking about the reformation. You were the one who was focused on that topic and your distain for the RCC.

I was talking about the Little Horn and how the little horn was a wicked fallen heavenly host, that is to say a fallen rebelling angel.

I was wanting the discussion to move away from the mistaken beliefs of the Reformation fathers, but you were focused on the interaction of the Reformation fathers and the RCC.

You had taken the discussion in the direction that if many Biblical Scholars agreed that the beast and the Little Horn were human entities, since I was the only person on this forum suggesting that the beast and the Little Horn were fallen heavenly hosts, i.e., angels, then I must be wrong. and my above post was directed towards the fact that just because many people agree that the beasts and the Little horn were human entities, that does not make their understanding right or in line with what the scriptures actually stated.

The ball is in your court to prove that I am biblical in error with my understanding of the entities of the beasts and the Little Horn.

So far you have presented nothing but false arguments in trying to prove that I am in error based on Biblical evidence. So far you have failed dismally.

Goodbye.

PS: - Thanks for increasing the number of posts that I have made since actually starting to post.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little horn seems to be the antichrist.
It is the antichrist power, but scripture has to support it, as we have to come to a consensus with our brothers and sisters in the body of Christ, and not just of self or private interpretation. So lets see what is in history and the prophecy and study it to see what it shows us.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The four beasts are brought to view, and the angel tells Daniel that they represent four "kings" that should arise out of the earth. We know that "Kings" here represent kingdoms, since we know from Daniel 2 that Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Rome are represented by the symbols as we see in the image, and its parts.

Daniel 2:19-45
19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.
20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.
24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.
25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, and said thus unto him, I have found a man of the captives of Judah, that will make known unto the king the interpretation.
26 The king answered and said to Daniel, whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make known unto me the dream which I have seen, and the interpretation thereof?
27 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king;
28 But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these;
29 As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass.
30 But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.
31 Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible.
32 This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,
33 His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay.
34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.
36 This is the dream; and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the king.
37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.
38 And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.
39 And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.
40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.
43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

And so we see that they come all the way to our present situation in the kingdoms of the feet, 'part of iron and part of clay.' It decribes pretty well and distinctly the kingdoms that came out of the Roman Empire and we have today trying to come together in what they call themselves 'the European Union'. They keep saying they are united but cant agree on much anything or even come to the level the Roman Empire was, and some rather not even be in it is they werent across from the others. Now look at what it has in Revelation and compare to Daniel..

Revelation 13:5
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Daniel 7:8
I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

Here is the same text from one of the other translation which is very telling..
Daniel's Vision of the Four Beasts
…7After this, as I watched in my vision in the night, suddenly a fourth beast appeared, and it was terrifying—dreadful and extremely strong—with large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed; then it trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the beasts before it, and it had ten horns. 8While I was contemplating the horns, suddenly another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like those of a man and a mouth that spoke words of arrogance.

The Beast from the Sea
…4They worshiped the dragon who had given authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast, and who can wage war against it?” 5 The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for 42 months. 6And the beast opened its mouth to speak blasphemies against God and to slander His name and His tabernacle—those who dwell in heaven.…
Berean Standard Bible

Reactions: covenantee

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, I was not wanting to be talking about the reformation. You were the one who was focused on that topic and your distain for the RCC.

I was talking about the Little Horn and how the little horn was a wicked fallen heavenly host, that is to say a fallen rebelling angel.

I was wanting the discussion to move away from the mistaken beliefs of the Reformation fathers, but you were focused on the interaction of the Reformation fathers and the RCC.

You had taken the discussion in the direction that if many Biblical Scholars agreed that the beast and the Little Horn were human entities, since I was the only person on this forum suggesting that the beast and the Little Horn were fallen heavenly hosts, i.e., angels, then I must be wrong. and my above post was directed towards the fact that just because many people agree that the beasts and the Little horn were human entities, that does not make their understanding right or in line with what the scriptures actually stated.

The ball is in your court to prove that I am biblical in error with my understanding of the entities of the beasts and the Little Horn.

So far you have presented nothing but false arguments in trying to prove that I am in error based on Biblical evidence. So far you have failed dismally.

Goodbye.

PS: - Thanks for increasing the number of posts that I have made since actually starting to post.
I have the united testimony of the overwhelming majority of the historical true orthodox Christian Church on my side.

You have naught but your own imagination.

What to believe?

No hint needed. :laughing:

Last edited:

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The quotes I cited were the claims of papal, not pagan, Rome.

You quoted 2 Thessalonians 2:2-4, which identifies the man of sin. The quotes I cited, in which the pope is claimed to be God, identify him as that man of sin, confirmed by the Reformers.

So Moloch et al were not the man of sin.

A good night to you as well.
Ok…. Let me ask you this, as it is the foundation of clarity regarding the aforementioned.

Is Satan the antichrist?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have the united testimony of the overwhelming majority of the historical true orthodox Christian Church on my side.

You have naught but your own imagination.

What to believe?

No hint needed. :laughing:

All you are presenting is a false argument. The more you present this false argument of having the numbers who agree with your POV, the more you are convincing me that my understanding of the true identities of the Daniel 7 beasts is right.

Goodbye until you can present Biblical evidence that I am wrong.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All you are presenting is a false argument. The more you present this false argument of having the numbers who agree with your POV, the more you are convincing me that my understanding of the true identities of the Daniel 7 beasts is right.

Goodbye until you can present Biblical evidence that I am wrong.
They don't agree with my POV. I didn't happen to have a POV when they were alive. :laughing: :laughing:

Rather, I agree with their evidence. There's a diametric difference, which you're apparently incapable of understanding.

The collective united empirical testimony of the historical saints provides all of the Biblical evidence that I need.

You're not included. :laughing:

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now we have to understand that Preterism, and Futurism were attempts by the Roman Catholic church to divert the attention away from the Pope as being the antichrist, which had begun to be made clear from the prophecy. So it came up with these two things to confuse and put aside what the Protestant believed, who looked upon the pope as the antichrist power. By the time of the convening of the Council of Trent in 1545, Bibles in German, Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, and English with Tyndale’s New Testament and other complete Bibles had been published, and the Reformation established in Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Denmark, and England. The Roman Catholic church and the Reformers stood in complete opposition at the Council of Trent, where the council under control of the Catholic element condemned what the Reformation taught. The Council of Trent also made decrees that became permanent law of the Catholic church. Reformation truths were there rejected and and branded heresy in what became know as the Counter-Reformation, and we see the introduction of Futurism and Preterism as the Jesuits sought to blunt the charge of the Pope being the antichrist power of Daniel and Revelation.

The Reformation studied the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation and showed how the Papacy was the antichrist of prophecy. The Jesuits were called upon to provided this method and they responded, determined to lift the stigma from the Papacy by locating the Antichrist at some point where it could not be applied to the Pope and the Roman church. The Jesuits Ribera, of Spain, and Bellarmine, of Rome put out futurist interpretation. Almost simultaneously Alcazar, Spanish Jesuit of Seville, advanced the preterist interpretation. These were designed to meet and overwhelm the Historical interpretation of the Protestants. The Preterism claim accomplished it by making prophecy stop altogether short of papal Rome's career. The Futurism view achieved it by making it basically jump over the full timeline of papal dominance, putting the Antichrist into the distant future, but history shows the true facts that cant be changed.

If one looks, the prophecy gives a general outline in history of these kingdoms in Daniel 2, 7, and 8 but it also gives specific marks that identify it. For instance, the fourth beast had ten "horns," and three of these horns were plucked up by another "little horn." So lets see what history tells us on this part, "behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots"

The prophecy is that the "little horn" should come up among the "horns" that divided the Roman Empire, and these were the ones that began the decline of the Empire. History shows that around 250 A. D., the Goths invaded the Roman Empire; and the Romans suffered a serious defeat, and the emperor Decius and his son were slain. The successor, Gallus, purchased peace by paying an annual tribute to the Goths. The Goths however, continued the attacks until about 271 the emperor Aurelian concluded a treaty with the Goths and Vandals, in which the Romans agreed to withdraw their forces from the great province of Dacia, and give it to the Goths and Vandals. This was the beginning of the dismemberment of the Roman Empire. The Allemani overran the country from the Danube to the river Po in Italy, and they remained in the northern part of the empire, never retreating beyond the bounds of the Roman Empire.

Then the Emperor Constantine gave permission to the Vandals to settle in the provinces of Pannonia and Noricum. Now this is the same emperor Constantine who united the Catholic Church to the Roman state, and became the leader in religious legislation, and in its execution. As a pagan emperor, Constantine was the 'Pontifex Maximus' of the state religion; and now as a 'Christian emperor' he claims the same power, but now also calls himself a "bishop," and can rule over the church. In Rome the Roman Senate was still in power, and Constantine was tolerant of them; but in the East he enforced his power mostly unfettered. One of the reasons that Constantine's transferred the seat of government from Rome to Constantinople in 330 A. D., was to meet the onslaughts of the Goths in what is now Bulgaria.

Prophecy says that the "little horn" was "diverse" from the other horns, and we see the power it got in the head being the 'Pontifex Maximus'. In 445 A. D. the Roman emperor in the West, Valentinian III, by imperial decree made the bishop of Rome head of all the Western bishops. Leo the Great was pope at that time, and claimed and exercised all the prerogatives this decree included, calling himself the "Vicar of St. Peter." So the papacy came into power among the ten barbarian tribes of Europe, and three of these tribes were uprooted or basically taken out,

This little horn represents Rome in both its phases, Pagan Rome and Papal Rome. Daniel saw Rome first in its pagan, imperial phase, warring against the Jewish people and the early Christians, and then in its papal phase, continuing down to our own day and into the end. So its pretty clear who is this antichrist entity and something that shows even more. In Daniel chapter 2, the iron representing Rome continues into the feet of iron mixed with clay; that is, until the end of time. The little horn of Daniel chapter 7 comes from the fourth beast but remains part of this fourth beast, and we see it continues also until the end of time, "take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.'

Reactions: covenantee