Unfulfilled OT Prophecy References needed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I am nearing completion of a lengthy article that includes several references to Old Testament prophecy. The majority of the time we can determine what parts are history , what parts are current, and what parts are as yet un-fulfilled.

Does anyone know of a reference book , or preferably something on-line that clearly distinguishes fulfilled , and unfulfilled old testament prophecy ?? I want to double check my work. Thanks.

By the way , I am not interested in Messianic prophecy at this time , I am looking more specifically at prophecy pertaining to Israel (the nation) in end times.

Profound thanks to anyone who can lead me to this info

Arnie

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
I am nearing completion of a lengthy article that includes several references to Old Testament prophecy. The majority of the time we can determine what parts are history , what parts are current, and what parts are as yet un-fulfilled.

Does anyone know of a reference book , or preferably something on-line that clearly distinguishes fulfilled , and unfulfilled old testament prophecy ?? I want to double check my work. Thanks.

By the way , I am not interested in Messianic prophecy at this time , I am looking more specifically at prophecy pertaining to Israel (the nation) in end times.

Arnie

Have you done anything on the 70 year servitude and captivity of the Judah?

grabsuccess

Sep 25, 2010

Arnie

You could try to Google the terms "fulfilled and unfulfilled prophecy", or "fulfilled prophecy", and "unfulfilled prophecy"

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Arnie

It would be nice if it was really as easy as that, just going on-line to someplace to discover what is not yet fulfilled in the OT prophets. The only place you would find that is even half-way legit would be a God-called pastor teaching God's Word chapter by chapter, line upon line, like how God showed to study His Word in Isaiah 28.

You might try The Companion Bible, a KJV Bible with Bullinger's Massoretic study notes for a start. It's a scholar's level study Bible concentrating on facts and history in the margin notes. What you're talking about can only come from God by The Holy Spirit. And it takes years of Bible study, line upon line, here a little, and there a little, going into the Hebrew at times (which The Companion Bible is a major help in that).

Did you know the following has not yet happenned?

Ezek 9:1-6
1 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.
2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.
3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And He called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;
4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others He said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at My sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
(KJV)

1 Pet 4:17-19
17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to Him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.
(KJV)

Strike the words "is come that", they were added by the KJV translators. That Ezek.9 event is what Apostle Peter was talking about, that God's future judgment will begin at house of God first, meaning the leaders of Christ's Body.

How can we know it's that Ezekiel 9 event Peter is talking about? It's because that mark (Tau - cross) is about God's sealing of His servants for the end of this world. And Revelation 7 & 9 give more info about that event and its timing, which then leads to signs of the end Christ, His Apostles, and the OT prophets gave.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

You might want to avoid any Preterist literature : )

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007

Arnie

I'll give you one. It pertains to the beast, but Israel is involved in the conflict at the end times.

It is Daniel 11:36-45. The ecumenical, historicist folks don't know what to make of this passage as in my ecumenical bible says that "this prophecy was never fulfilled". While prophecy (and history) repeats itself, some prophecy is similar but was never fulfilled and thus we know it is yet in the future.

And BTW, the Tribulation last 7 years. This is called the "seven times" punishment of Israel in the Law (also not fulfilled yet, at least in full).

So, stay clear of impressive looking bible teachers behind desks who erroneously say that the Tribulation lasts 5 months because they don't have the ability to count right, nor do they know anything about the Jewish calendar. They have a tendency to call their critics Numskulls which really fits them better. :lol: