Universal Reconciliation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
19 For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ,20 and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
21 This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions.22 Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.23 But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.
Col 1:19-23 (NLT)

I see the evidence of UR all through the scriptures and here is a good one to start off the discussion.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey Jiggy! ^_^
Colossians 1 is about Paul rejoicing in those who had received the "Goodnews" which brought them salvation. The Goodnews which brings salvation to all who believe...please note:

But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News.

Shalom!!!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Hey Jiggy! ^_^
Colossians 1 is about Paul rejoicing in those who had received the "Goodnews" which brought them salvation. The Goodnews which brings salvation to all who believe...please note:

Shalom!!!

Thanks Angelina but the focus of this discussion is UR not the body of Christ. Paul says that God reconciled everything to Himself through His Son's death and is now at peace with everything in heaven and earth.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[font=Verdana'][quote]23[/font] But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.[/quote]

There is a condition that applies....

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
EveryTHING was reconciled, but when people were considered by Paul, since he was addressing only the elect it stands to reason only the elect have received the reconciliation through the Cross.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your quote
Again yes I see that but that doesn't negate what Paul said in verse 19 and 20, and notice it is past tense.

19 For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ,20 and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.

...no it's doesn't, :huh: however, Jesus also says:
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3

The New Covenant is a contractual relationship made between the first party [Almighty God] and the second party [Any unsaved human being]
The agreement is as follows:

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Romans 10.

Here's the requirement [if you confess] + [and believe] = [you will be saved]

Blessings!!! :)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
This is just a thought, but perhaps this has to do with reconciliation of property. Specifically God's dominion over the parts of the earth that he gave to man. His property will be restored once Adam's descendants are gone.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
[font=Verdana']19[/font] For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ,[font=Verdana']20[/font] and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross.
[font=Verdana']21[/font] This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions.[font=Verdana']22[/font] Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.[font=Verdana']23[/font] But you must continue to believe this truth and stand firmly in it. Don’t drift away from the assurance you received when you heard the Good News. The Good News has been preached all over the world, and I, Paul, have been appointed as God’s servant to proclaim it.
Col 1:19-23 (NLT)

I see the evidence of UR all through the scriptures and here is a good one to start off the discussion.

'jiggyfly' ... could I ask you to define .... "Universal Reconciliation'' ... please.

I am not familiar with the term. I know i could look it up .... but would prefer your definition . Thanks.

By the way , the scripture you quoted was some of my favorite reading many years ago as a new christian. I consider it one of those "rich passages" that we often overlook.

talk later
Arnie

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
The reconciliation and eternal life is offered to the entire world with strings attached.

Thus the final judgement:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1 John 5
[sup]11 [/sup]And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. [sup]12 [/sup]He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. [sup]13 [/sup]These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Blessings!!!

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
1 John 5
[sup]11 [/sup]And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. [sup]12 [/sup]He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. [sup]13 [/sup]These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

Blessings!!!

John, most likely, directed it to the Jews who knew the Father the only one true God.

Jesus refers to "all flesh":

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

This is the most important string attached.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
John 3
[sup]35 [/sup]The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. [sup]36 [/sup]He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Shalom!!!

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
John 3
[sup]35 [/sup]The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into His hand. [sup]36 [/sup]He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Shalom!!!

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Joh 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Here's the requirement [if you confess] + [and believe] = [you will be saved]

Blessings!!! :)

OK so what do you see in my posts or in UR beliefs that is contrary to this?

[font=Verdana']11[/font] For the Scriptures say,
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God. ’”
Romans 14:11 (NLT)

'jiggyfly' ... could I ask you to define .... "Universal Reconciliation'' ... please.

I am not familiar with the term. I know i could look it up .... but would prefer your definition . Thanks.

By the way , the scripture you quoted was some of my favorite reading many years ago as a new christian. I consider it one of those "rich passages" that we often overlook.

talk later
Arnie
My definition is that everyone is reconciled to God the Father through the Son. :)

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
For the Scriptures say,
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God. ’”
Romans 14:11 (NLT)

Says the LORD or the Lord? Is there a difference?

Let's see:

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Now this:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And this:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

So all glory to the Father:

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

My definition is that everyone is reconciled to God the Father through the Son. :)

It is true "if"...

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Says the LORD or the Lord? Is there a difference?

Let's see:

Rom 14:12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Now this:

Act 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

And this:

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

So all glory to the Father:

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

It is true "if"...

not "if" but rather when. :)

For God Himself declared that everyone will confess and praise Him.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
That might well be when many will find out what they missed.

True for some that refused to co-operate in this age, they missed out on being part of the body that will rule and reign with Christ, but in the end all are reconciled to God just as He has planned. :)