Was Jesus a 'created being?'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mugre Pinzon

Oct 4, 2019
Fairbanks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is.

From John, ch 1:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods creation began in the first century, with Jesus being the first born as scripture clearly states.

Colossians 1:15 KJV
[15] Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, yesterday I found that Jesus have no "dual" nature, that of man, and that of Christ.
Of which I firmly believe.
How would you answer?
J.

Well as Scripture doesn't explain how the hypostatic union of jesus works, I can only say that jesus is divine and human.

As a man He emptied Himself of His divine privileges to suffer temptation to be a faithful high priest who is touched with the feelings of our infirmities.

But given teh fact He walked on water, rose from the dead, fed 20,000 people with a few fiush and bread, raised teh dead etc., It shows He was also divine in His humanity.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Well as Scripture doesn't explain how the hypostatic union of jesus works, I can only say that jesus is divine and human.

As a man He emptied Himself of His divine privileges to suffer temptation to be a faithful high priest who is touched with the feelings of our infirmities.

But given teh fact He walked on water, rose from the dead, fed 20,000 people with a few fiush and bread, raised teh dead etc., It shows He was also divine in His humanity.
And also the account of our Lord' transfiguration.
Fully human, fully Divine.
J.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Gods creation began in the first century, with Jesus being the first born as scripture clearly states.

Colossians 1:15 KJV
[15] Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

When you say “God’s creation began in the first century” it sounds to me like you are speaking about the new creation. Is that correct?

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a strange interpretation of creation.
Contrary to Roman Catholic doctrine I believe only those who are born of God are His creation. Jesus is the first born of God as scripture declares.
This all began in the first century.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Contrary to Roman Catholic doctrine I believe only those who are born of God are His creation. Jesus is the first born of God as scripture declares.

Okay so are you saying that the first 4000 years before Christ actually came... after... Jesus came to earth?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think that is contrary to all christian doctrine that believe in the Genesis account of creation.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so are you saying that the first 4000 years before Christ actually came... after... Jesus came to earth?
The creation we are a part of currently began with Jesus in the first century. God created no one prior to Jesus’s birth first century.

even you are not a part of this creation unless you have been born from above.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The creation we are a part of currently began with Jesus in the first century. God created no one prior to Jesus’s birth first century.

even you are not a part of this creation unless you have been born from above.

I've personally imagined this scenario before. That creation actually began at Christ's first advent. It doesn't quite square with our understanding of the passage of time though.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 1:31 . . And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth
a son
Wrong. Mary actually asked the angel, "How shall this be seeing I know not a man?"

Luke 1:34-35
[34]Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

[35]And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Mary knew exactly who Jesus was!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that is contrary to all christian doctrine that believe in the Genesis account of creation.
And also a bit ridiculous. lol
How can anyone be in existence without being created..... in a world that wasn't created first??

Reactions: Pearl