Was Mary sinless?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible tells us all have sinned.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really? Seems to me that there are a lot of people who have not sinned personally. What about aborted children? What about still born children? What about children who die before the age of understanding personal sin? What about cognitively impaired people? What about Jesus? What about people who lived before the law? What about folks with mental illness?

Do you think that Paul was speaking about personal sin or Original Sin? The Catholic Church teaches that Mary needed a savior just like the rest of us, but that she was also free of personal sin, just like many other people.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
really? Seems to me that there are a lot of people who have not sinned personally. What about aborted children? What about still born children? What about children who die before the age of understanding personal sin? What about cognitively impaired people? What about Jesus? What about people who lived before the law? What about folks with mental illness?

Do you think that Paul was speaking about personal sin or Original Sin? The Catholic Church teaches that Mary needed a savior just like the rest of us, but that she was also free of personal sin, just like many other people.
Typical, you missed the whole point about imputed sin. You are sold unto sin and mankinds judgement is based upon the nature of man= sinner by nature NOT act alone. The act is the product of being born a sinner. Just because one doesn't get the chance to act out his nature, doesn't change his condition.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh... .

By your logic then, a person who hasn't committed any act is not a sinner by nature. You have then called God a liar!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JB_Reformed Baptist said:
Typical, you missed the whole point about imputed sin. You are sold unto sin and mankinds judgement is based upon the nature of man= sinner by nature NOT act alone. The act is the product of being born a sinner. Just because one doesn't get the chance to act out his nature, doesn't change his condition.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh... .

By your logic then, a person who hasn't committed any act is not a sinner by nature. You have then called God a liar!
You need to retread my post because you didn't get it.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
aspen2 said:
You need to retread my post because you didn't get it.
NO, I don't think so.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.. . i.e have missed the mark.

This is the general character of all mankind; all have sinned in Adam, are guilty by his sin, polluted with it, and condemned for it; all are sinners in themselves, all are sinners by nature,(even those you refer to above), and have come short of the glory of God - have failed of that which is the chief end of man. Come short, as the archer comes short of the mark, as the runner comes short of the prize; Come short of the glory of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

only death passed on, because sin was in the world.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:

-- Blah blah blah blah.....Mary was human and she did indeed sin.
Who cares what the Catholic Church teaches if it contradicts what the Bible says?

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The Bible does not record her sinning. However, it does imply she is Human and thus born with the sin nature and worthy of condemnation.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BA - that is all i am saying. we agree. Mary needed a savior just like we all do.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to BiggAndyy, greeting
what is this, "born with the sin nature and worthy of condemnation". please explaine

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
101G said:
Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

only death passed on, because sin was in the world.
Why did you leave off bolding the rest of the sentence to create the impression that some had not sinned?

death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression

Paul is clearly saying that death reigned over, not those who hadn't sinned, but those who hadn't sinned in the same way Adam did, i.e. by disobeying a direct command of GOD. There was no law after Adam was kicked out of the garden, yet all men sinned. Cain sinned by killing Abel, but there is no record that he disobeyed a direct command of GOD. Nevertheless it very much was sin.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 7:7 "What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me".

was the apostle spiritual alive, or phyically alive when he was making that statement?.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
(Luke 1:46-47 ESV)

Mary herself acknowledged that she needed a savior. Why would she say this if she was sinless?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord". Hebrews 9:27 "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"
what is salvation?. a free gift of eternal life. or the remedy to sin?.

domenic

Apr 5, 2013
The word sin means, "Falling short of the mark."

There are two sins. Sin from what Adam and Eve did, and sins we do. Mary had sin from what Adam and Eve did. There is no record of her sinning. Mary was in line for the seed.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no church i know of teaches that Mary did not need a savior.

Status
Not open for further replies.