We are His workmanship.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)

Whenever a Spirit filled believer starts speaking of Holiness there is always the misrepresentation Of what they are teaching as "legalism" When they are caught making this misrepresentation they "shut down".

The Point of this post is not to smite anyone but for those who walk in the Spirit to express their experiences of sanctification and yielding to the Spirit without this oft felt condemnation of legalism, By all means show us how this is not legalism and is the work of the Holy Spirit in your life, Let this be a testimonial to others of How the Holy Ghost has worked in your life.

Use this as a time of edification not condemnation, and showing How the Holy Spirit works in each of our lives in various ways. As a personal example of mine I was addicted to alcohol for years even while believing in a fundamentalist Christian doctrine. It was what i did after work to release the stresses of work and family life. When I earnestly returned to the Lord, the Holy Spirit began to teach me directly from the word, He showed me how the alcohol had hindered his work in me and that if I wanted to serve him i would have to stop the drinking. But being addicted I could not Not of my own strength and in that point of weakness and of true remorseful repentance he began to work in me. I Did not try to stop drinking, But by his grace he worked in me and removed the whole desire to drink from my life. It was not a victory of me suppressing my addiction but no longer having any desire whatsoever to drink. I Cannot take credit for it for it was not of my doing but of His doing, and it was a total victory over drinking. I Realize I am no better than the alcoholic in the streets the only difference is the victory that comes when we yield to the Holy Ghost. I Cannot boast about what he has done.

Similar such testimonies are appreciated here. God Bless if you feel led to share them.

Reactions: amadeus