• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-

Ok.
This Thread is going deeper into some meat and revelation....so, all who can see it, be blessed by it.

--
Reader.,

Its the Law that has spiritual dominion over all who are not a part of the Kingdom of God.

So, if you are not born again, into the KOG....Romans 14:17....then the law has dominion over you, which gives it the RIGHT to judge your unholiness as compared to God's Holiness.
= you are judged by the LAW, to be a SINNER, until you are saved by the blood of Jesus and become a Saint.......no longer under the law, but "under Grace".
Thats the purpose of the law. Its to reveal just how unholy we are, as compared to Holy God so that we can come to God for help for Redemption from our sin and from the law.

"Christ has redeemed you from the CURSE of THE LAW"....if you are born again.

See God's REMEDY?

Come to the Cross, receive forgiveness for all your sin, and enter the KOG...as born again by the Holy Spirit.... Not by water, but by my Spirit sayeth the LORD. And God is that Spirit..
2 Corinthians 3:17
And if you have not the Spirit of God in you, then you are "none of His"..
Romans 8:9-11.

How do you get there from here??

Jesus said..."you must be born again". Spiritually.

Your NT tells you that when you come to Christ, BELIEVING... after hearing the Word of Grace, as "faith comes by hearing" "the preaching of the Cross".., then GOD delivers you (born again) out of the dominion of the Law by doing this.. = "Translated from Darkness....>TO LIGHT".
You now become...>"not under the law...but under Grace"

Reader....Its the rule of Grace that is the law of the Kingdom.
What is grace?
Its God's eternal love and mercy ...Its this....>"God first loved you".
ITs this..>"For God so loved the world that He GAVE" "to all who will come".

See that?
That is the born again Spirit becoming a """New Creation"" IN CHRIST......and this is the eternal fruit of God's Grace.
The born again are the heritage of the Lord and the Sons of God.

And what is Christ?
The Living Word made Flesh... The Lord and Savior and Redeemer.....and He is "The LIGHT of the World"....and the KOG is a Kingdom of Light....."Light"= is holiness, righteousness, truth... as this is God as Himself....
1 John 1:5

In Genesis you find... God , who through Jesus the pre-incarnate word....said..>Let there be LIGHT."
And that was not just referring to creating the absence of Darkness , but also the appearing of Light INTO the Darkness that shines "out of the Darkness".
This... 2 Corinthians 4:6

So, when you are born again SPIRITUALLY, you become a "child of the LIGHT".....born again INTO God's Spirit....and are now "seated in Heavenly places in Christ'.
See that? That is a born again Child of the Light, ALREADY existing with GOD and CHRIST..as "ONE">. John 17:23
The born again are not waiting for Eternal Life.
Eternal life is now living inside them, as they have become "The temple of the Holy Spirit"..."ONE with God". "a New Spiritual Creation"..."in Christ".

Reader........The only way to get there is to be born again....and this is why Jesus said in John 14:6...>"i am THE WAY".......as He is THE LIGHT.

When you are born again, Jesus comes to live in you...."Christ in you, the hope of Glory"....He is Joined to your Spirit....Spiritually,.... and you become One with Him which is your Eternal LIFE.

The Truth and the analogy the NT gives regarding Spiritual Union with God and Christ is....>"BRIDE of Christ"...see that?
And how do you become a Bride? = You get married. And what is God's definition of marriage....>"two become ONE FLESH"...See that?....That is JOINED... So that is why you are to "flee fornication", so that you do not become ONE FLESH with a person, as that is a spiritual UNION situation that is so much much more than just the fornication.
So, with God and Christ, when you are born again, you become ONE WITH GOD. That is a Spiritual BRIDE becoming one with her Spiritual Husband.
This is Christ Jesus THE LORD joining Himself to His "Body of Christ".
See that?
That is Christ the GROOM, joined to his BODY, His BRIDE....His Church....= ALL the born again.

Its like this Reader.....Christ is not coming back to marry His BRiDE.
He is coming back for his Bride He has already married, = Spiritually.
This is all the BORN AGAIN

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA and marks

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the OP sounds very "Religious".

Our Religion is our understanding of God.

Now I find the OP pretty close to being right, yet little things in it don't quite sound right. For examle:

And what is Christ?
The Living Word made Flesh... The Lord and Savior and Redeemer.....and He is "The LIGHT of the World"....and the KOG is a Kingdom of Light....."Light"= is holiness, righteousness, truth... as this is God as Himself....

Christ is not a "what"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ of course is a who - a person - the Son of God who was with God in the beginning and who is God. He is often called 'The Word of God" because He is the One who comes in the name of God and talks to you - if you are one of His sheep. His sheep hear His voice - which is of course the voice of a person - the Son of God who is God. He speaks though His Holy Spirit who does not speak on His own initiative but the Holy Spirit only speaks what He hears and thus takes the words of God which belong to 'The Word of God' (Jesus Christ) and speaks them to your spirit. So to have the Holy Spirit in you means you hear the words of a person - your Lord Jesus Christ - a person - not a what but a who. So to ask: "And what is Christ?" missing a very simple fact that anyone knowing "Who" Jesus Christ is personally should never misunderstand.

That "Who" (Jesus Christ) talks to me as a person speaking through His Spirit to my spirit every day. In fact He talks to me a number of times every day. So I hear Him in words spoken to my spirit. Him and I talk. It is a personal relationship with my Lord. And anyone can have that type of relationship with Him!!

Now one thing you will found out quickly, if you do get to know Him, is that He like to help you. A big way in which He helps you is to teach you. As The Teacher, He like to speak to you in parables and saying, which are design to help you understand. So what is really with the "Born Again" statement that we read in the Bible?

The fact is that since Jesus is trying to get our attention via His Holy Spirit who brings us His words if you open up to Him - spiritually speaking - you will start picking up words from Jesus Christ via His Holy Spirit. Those words give you faith that He is indeed there. So faith comes from hearing. His words are kind of like a seed that you can receive (hear with your faith) or not. Of course, for you to be born physically there had to be a seed received. So in the say way for you to be "Born Again" you have to receive the words the Holy Spirit has to say to you.

Simply put, you just have to listen to the Lord - all the "Born Again" stuff is the Lord speaking to you in symbolic form to try and help us understand. Jesus did explain this to Nicodemus when He explain that if we are born again we hear the sound of the wind (the Holy Spirit).

So do I need to go overboard on being "Born Again" or will it not do to just tell you to listen to Him, the Son of God (Jesus Christ)

Mat 18:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!”

Do that "listen to Him' and you are "Born Again" if being "Born Again" is really what you are looking for - it is not! What you are looking for is a "who" Jesus Christ. And you get to know Him by simply spending time talking back and for with Him. Who cares if you are "Born Again"? Care to get to know Him personally - which, like getting to knowing any person, means spending time talking with them.

It is not about the Law! It is not about being Religious!! It is not about taking the parables and saying to some extreme literal understanding!!! Just get to know Him!!

So, what or who is Jesus Christ? He is a Who that you can talk us, so we should listen.- and ask "Who, is Christ" That we need to listen to Him?

The answer is that He is the Lord of lords, King of kings - meaning He is the King!!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To me the OP sounds very "Religious".
Christ is not a "what"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jesus Christ of course is a who - a person -
!

You took my words out of context.
Dont do that Karl, as that is not honest.

Let me show you this...

Jesus says, He is....."The WAY"....."The TRUTH".....and the "LIFE"......so, will you tell Him He's a person because you can't understand what that means either?
Sometimes you just have to THINK before you speak or write.

Also, the "OP" is not ""religious"" at all........the "OP" is born again.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You took my words out of context.
Dont do that Karl, as that is not honest.

Let me show you this...

Jesus says, He is....."The WAY"....."The TRUTH".....and the "LIFE"......so, will you tell Him He's a person because you can't understand what that means either?
Sometimes you just have to THINK before you speak or write.

Also, the "OP" is not ""religious"" at all........the "OP" is born again.

I don't "Him He's a person" because He just is. Anyone actually listening to Him daily knows He is a person!

Because He is a person that talks to me I could never ever ask "What is Jesus Christ?"

I could put out a question, "Who is Jesus Christ? but never every "What is Jesus Christ?" - It would in fact be out of the context of my personal relationship with Him to ever ask, "What is Jesus Christ?" because I don't know Him as a "What"? So who is out of context?

Yeah - He is "The Way", also He is "The Truth", and also He is "Life" to us. But the truth is that He is a person and not a what. Religion is a what. So I can ask "What religion?" a person has. But I can not ask "What is Jesus Christ?"

I remember Him talking to me about this and people once. He started off by asking me "Karl, why do people ask 'What was that?' when the Holy Spirit moves in their life?" It was on a walk with Him, like I often take with Him. So, the conversation went on for about 20 minutes. It basically cover that people ask about God by saying "What is that" as opposed to "Who is that". And it covered things like; Why even Saul on the road to Damascus ask "Who are you Lord?" as opposed to "What are you Lord." Even that pharisees Saul understood from his religious understanding that the question was not "What are you?" but "Who are you?" If Saul has gotten the question wrong then his faith (as little as it was) might not have enabled Saul to hear the response the Lord had for Him!

It seems like such a little thing,. like perhaps a question of semantics.. but it isn't! It is more a question of belief or faith!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't "Him He's a person" because He just is. Anyone actually listening to Him daily knows He is a person!

!

Let me try again.

I stated in my Thread... as a context..."WHAT" is Jesus" ??........ And here are some answers for you

1. Savior / Only Begotten of God.
2. Blood Atonement
3. Light of the World
4. Eternal Life
5. The Resurrection.

and many other "what's".

You became confused, because i didnt only list him as a "person".

So, its time to get past your confusion , Karl.

Thx.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW:

One of the things I like about this Christian forum is that it gets me thinking. And since I know the Lord I usually wind up taking my thoughts to the Lord for a better understanding. Which was certainly one of the reasons the Lord had asked me to come and post this morning. That is to say - that the Lord would have known that if I posted I would wind up asking Him more questions afterwards. And He loves it when I actually spend time asking Him questions and listening for answers.

Anyway, I was asking Him a bit more about the "Born Again" thing. He seemed to like what I had first written, and He went on to point out a few more little things about His conversation with Nicodemus. He pointed out that when many people post on a forum they start with something that might be called 'a hook'. They make an opening statement to get a person's attention. That was what He was doing with "Born Again" It caught Nicodemus by surprise and got him thinking. Which is what the Lord wanted. He had continued with "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." to get Nicodemus more curious and thinking harder. That is what you do with sayings and parables. Then He brought up the really important part, which was: “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

The idea was always to get Nicodemus to figure out that he needed to be listening for the Spirt. That is how we get the words of Jesus Christ.

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life."

It was not about being "Born Again" it has always been about listening to the Holy Spirit for the words of God that belong to Jesus Christ!

Another very interesting thing He talked to me about was the part "but do not know where it comes from and where it is going;..."

I found this teaching of His to me this morning very interesting. Because He pointed out that saying that the voice is coming from inside us is to deny the above statement Jesus said. Now that is different from saying that 'we find The Word of God in our hearts and on our lips', because saying we find it there is not the same thing as saying is actually comes from there. We know a TV program is found on our TV, but we know that it did actually originate from our TV, but from some TV station somewhere. In the say way we preach that the Word of God is found near us, yet we also know that it comes from the King of kings, Jesus Christ who as God not only sits on the throne of God but is also omni-present. To take the 'Born Again' phrase too literally (as opposed to a saying or parable) would mean we know where the wind (The Holy Spirit) comes from.

It is always interesting talking to Him. I know where to find Him and His words to me. I find them in my heart - but not really! Really they seem to come to my spirit from the Holy Spirit, but where does the Holy Spirit come from. God to just seem to always be there so I can talk to Him. That is the point. I have a person that I can talk to. That is the answer to "Who is He" ... but "What is Jesus Christ?" I don't know how to answer that except - 'He is not a what but a who - a person that talks to me.'

Reactions: Azim

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me try again.

I stated in my Thread... as a context..."WHAT" is Jesus" ??........ And here are some answers for you

1. Savior / Only Begotten of God.
2. Blood Atonement
3. Light of the World
4. Eternal Life
5. The Resurrection.

and many other "what's".

You became confused, because i didnt only list him as a "person".

So, its time to get past your confusion , Karl.

Thx.

He is a who!!!

The person we call Jesus Christ is our Saviour. But not everyone is going to be saved. We read in the bible where He, as a person, tells some that He never knew them!! If we know Him, the first things we come to know it that He is a person - a who not a what.

He is not the "Blood Atonement", but He as a person who took on flesh came to earth and men who would not listen to Him hung Him on a cross causing Him to bleed and die. Still, He forgave them. By Jesus coming to earth, dying by men's hand, resurrecting, again ascending to the throne in heaven, and forgiving us, we are put right in the presence of God. He atoned for our sins! Yes it meant that He shed His blood, but it was Him who made us right before God.

Yes - He is the light of the world. Yet a light make you aware of what is going on around you. That is to say that when knowing Him we also come to know that He Kingdom is in our midst. Not only that but, that we also battle with the dark forces (evil spirits) that are in this world. Still, knowing Him means we know that there are more with us (angels who serve Him) than are against us (evil spirits). The fact is that He gives us ears to hear and eyes to see - and I am talking about spiritual eyes and ears!

Saying, "He is the resurrection" is a saying or symbolic statement. It is not wrong, but it is a saying that is supposed to get us to realize that we need to talk to Him. It is like saying "Born Again". It really just means that if and since He died and rose again, then He (if you know Him) will make it so that you will get to heaven if you die. He will make is so! Should I would suggest you get to know Him. That is accomplish by having conversations with Him.

Jesus told Martha, concerning Mary, that truly only one thing was necessary! And Paul only wanted to find out one thing from the Galatians. Do we still not understand? Mary sat there listening to Jesus Christ. The one thing Paul wants to know was if the Galatians received the Spirit by works of the Law or by hearing with faith!

The one thing we need to do is to listen to Jesus Christ by faith!! He then has the Holy Spirit bring His words to your spirit. You will hear the sound of the wind, but you will not know where it is coming from or where it is going - but you will pick up the words of your Lord in your spirit which seems to come from your heart.

Then you will know that He is not a "What" but rather a "Who" - a person you can and will come to know!

Reactions: Azim

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is this... and more.

1. God
2. Savior / Only Begotten of God.
3. Blood Atonement
4. Light of the World
5. Eternal Life
6. The Resurrection.
7. The Rose of Sharon
8. Friend

He is a person!! Not a what but a who - The One who talks to me.

So I find the above interesting - especially how others relate to Him.

The One who talks to me is certainly God.

So John made sense to me when we read in the very first verse of John we read:

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

That makes sense - but note John was calling Him the Word!! That writing makes sense that a person would first think of Him as "The Word" because the first thing I think about Him is that He talks to me. So 'God' would not actually be the first thing that would come to mind about Him, though He is God. So He is the Word of God - that person who talks to me. Still the focus for me is like John who called Him simply the Word.

Now there are many other things which come to mind about Him who talks to me before 2-7 above.

Number 8 - Friend is probably next in line for me. That person who talks to me and has the words of God calls me His friend. I find that quite amazing that He should call me His friend, but He told me He would always call me His friend. I can and sometime do get angry with Him and He still calls me His friend.

Another thing that certainly comes to my mind about Him is Lord. The simple fact is that He asks me to do things for Him. It is not too much, though sometimes I seem to make them out to be too much. So because I listen to Him I can't help thinking about Him as my Lord, because He does ask me to do things for Him.

So my first three things, if I was trying to explain who Jesus Christ is to me would be:

1 The Word - because He talks to me.
2 God - because He gives me the words of God.
3 Friend - because He always treats me like His friend.
4 Lord - because He is the Lord who gives instructions.

Now after those I would probably put down 'Teachers', because I loves teaching me things. When we walk and talk together He almost always has some teaching to give me. Like in a prior post where I testified about Him teaching me some more about why He used "Born Again" to Nicodemus.

So 5 would be Teacher.

6 - would have to be "Wonderful Counselor", because beside teaching me He gives me wonderful counsel. I remember when He told me, "Karl, they call Me Wonderful Counselor, but I am not a wonderful counselor to those who don't listen to Me. It all keeps going back to my listening to Him and getting to know who He is from listening to Him.

7 might be Wisdom or Understanding. Actually I think Wisdom is a name for the Holy Spirit, but the Holy Spirit simply acts like a phone line to Him. The Spirit does not speak on His own initiative, but gives words from Him. So I would group it together - 7. Wisdom and Understanding.

Now 8 - and it probably should be higher would be "Love". He so often tells me, "Karl, I love you." That is incredible to me, and in fact I still have a hard time believing it. When He - the Word of God and God tells me "I love you", it is incredible that He, knowing me as deeply and perfectly as He does, could still love me. Oh, don't get me wrong. Nobody would think I am the worst person in the world. For example: I have never been arrested and mostly am considered a hard worker trying to do right. Still, I know me. I can get upset if someone cuts me off while driving. I just try not to show it. A good looking lady is still likely to get an extra look from me, even if I try and hide it. And He knows this, because me friend will suddenly say to me, "Karl, just back off" and "Karl, you don't need to think about that." I will hear Him talking to me in my spirit.

So 8 - Love -noting that even I think it should be higher.

So now compare this to the above post and there is a noticeable difference which I wonder about!!!

2. Savior / Only Begotten of God. - Yeah He has told me many times that He saves me. We have even argued about it when I was feeling really rebellious and thinking that He should not be saved. He was responding, "Karl, get over it because you will be with me in heaven." Still I spend very little time actually thinking about that on any day. Maybe it is because I have known Him for over 20 years now and it just doesn't come up much anymore. I would probably bring it up if I was trying to convince someone to get to know Him, but I can't see it would be how someone who has known Him for a long time would think of Him. So it is a preaching tool mostly.

3. Blood Atonement - If Saviour is a preaching tool, then blood atonement is a teaching tool at best. He atoned for our sin, for sure, but that is a one time thing that he did in the past. Yes - a very important one time event that covered us all and makes it possible to come to God through Him. Still, He is not the "Blood Atonement", but the One - the Lamb if you will - who had the blood that was spilled by men like us. So I don't say Christ is the "Blood Atonement" but the Lamb sacrificed, even when I do want to bring a teaching about Him.

4. Light of the World - Actually I do think of Him like that alot, but I find my understanding of Him being the 'Light of the Word' is often not what many Christians think of Him being the Light of the Word. When you turn on a light it enables you to see what is going on around you. In the same way, when you get to know Jesus Christ personally, He makes you aware of what is going on in the spiritual realm around you! If you get to know the King, it only figures that you also get to know some from His Kingdom - the angels that serve Him. And you also get to understand that the angels that serve Him are not the only spirits around. We battle with the dark forces of this world. So knowing Him has made me much more aware of the spirits around me. Still, I should not that I don't use my spiritual eyes and ears as much as I should. Frankly I find it a bit weird - especially seeing spirits with my spiritual eyes.

6. The Resurrection.
7. The Rose of Sharon - I decided to comment on these together because I am going very long. These are both symbolic terms. You might want to use them in a parable or saying for a reason, but honestly, for me to really think of Him in those terms is usually just a religious thing. Yes He gives those who know Him eternal life, which will mean that even when they die their spirit will still go on living because of Him, but we already covered "Saviour". And yes, He might be said to have a beauty and nice fragrance - spiritually speaking - but it is usually not something I think about when walking and talking with Him. Oh, it might come up sometime, and would be true, but it's certainly not in the top eight things which come to mind from actually walking and talking with Him.

So the 8 things I think of and the 8 things some others think of about Jesus Christ are just not close to being the same. So "Who is Jesus Christ" to a person? I am not saying that He has to be considered the same to everyone, but He certainly has to be considered a Who and not a What.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Saying, "He is the resurrection" is a saying or symbolic statement. !

No, its not a symbolic statement.
Jesus Himself said that He is the Resurrection and the LIFE.
That's not symbolic, that is in fact.......John 14:6 & John 11:25......Jesus speaking about Himself.

Let me show you something interesting..

"All who hear my voice will come out of the graves". "to meet Jesus in the air"

What is that ? That is John 5:28.

That is the resurrection Power, who IS JESUS, causing that to happen.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He is not the "Blood Atonement",

If Jesus is not the blood atonement then who is?
Do you have someone else in mind, Karl?

Listen,
the new covenant is written in and with the blood of Christ.
The New Testament is a TESTAMENT of the BLood Covenant who IS, Jesus.
Jesus tells you...>"i am THE WAY"... "no person comes to the Father but by ME".
John 14:6
And how is that?
By the SHEDDING OF BLOOD.....as without it, there is no forgiveness, no redemption......and who Shed His Blood as the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL SIN"?

= JESUS... as this is the Blood Atonement. = ITs CHRIST ON THE CROSS.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What about that Kingdom of God?
I was rather disappointed that this thread did not actually focus on the Kingdom of God -- the eternal Kingdom of God which will be established on earth by the Lord Jesus Christ. That term is primarily a reference to the reign of Messiah/Christ (who is in fact God).The exact phrase "Kingdom of God" occurs 68 times in the King James Bible, and all of the occurrences are in the New Testament. That is because the King Himself is present, and can properly speak of His Kingdom (which will have no end).

Jesus said that we are to become as little children in order to enter into the Kingdom of God, and that except a man be born again he can neither enter nor see the Kingdom of God. The rich are warned that they will generally be unable to enter into this Kingdom. Why? Because we are to "seek" the Kingdom of God and His righteousness "first" -- above all things in this world -- and that is generally not the goal of the rich and super-rich.

Jesus went about Galilee preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Which means that the Gospel is not just limited to the salvation of sinners, but includes the righteous reign of Christ on earth (and in every believing heart). When Jesus first came as the Lamb of God, He did not come to establish His literal, tangible, visible, physical and spiritual Kingdom at that time. Therefore He said to Pilate that His Kingdom was not of this world. Had Pilate repented and believed on the Man from Galilee, Jesus would have told him about His future Kingdom (since even the repentant criminal on the cross was totally convinced that Christ would come into His Kingdom).

But when His enemies -- the religious leaders of Israel -- condemned Him to death, He told them about His future Kingdom -- when He would return with power and great glory: And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of Man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Mt 26:62-64)

The high priest would have know that this was a reference to Daniel 7:13,14: I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days [God the Father], and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a Kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his Kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was rather disappointed that this thread did not actually focus on the Kingdom of God -- the eternal Kingdom of God which will be established on earth by the Lord Jesus Christ.

That is the millennial kingdom, as you are thinking about it...

The KOG< is a Spiritual Kingdom, that is IN the born again, because they are "In Christ", and "One with God".

Try not to confuse Christ come back to Jerusalem with the Bride (millennial reign)....... with the born again bride who exist in the KOG already, right now, by being born again into it..........as that is your confusion Enoch111.

They are both literal, but one is Spiritual.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...as that is your confusion Enoch111.
There is no confusion at all. Your title did not say "The Kingdom of God that is within you". Perhaps you should change your title or broaden your scope, since you cannot cancel one for the sake of the other.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not the blood atonement then who is?
Do you have someone else in mind, Karl?

Listen,
the new covenant is written in and with the blood of Christ.
The New Testament is a TESTAMENT of the BLood Covenant who IS, Jesus.
Jesus tells you...>"i am THE WAY"... "no person comes to the Father but by ME".
John 14:6
And how is that?
By the SHEDDING OF BLOOD.....as without it, there is no forgiveness, no redemption......and who Shed His Blood as the "one time eternal sacrifice for ALL SIN"?

= JESUS... as this is the Blood Atonement. = ITs CHRIST ON THE CROSS.

The New Testament is a testament to Jesus Christ!!

It was not written in or with the blood of Christ - let us not be silly. I am sure they used some type of ink.

The Lord has always use parable and saying, but when the disciples asked Jesus why He spoke to the people in parables Jesus explained that it was because with their ears they did not hear!! Yet for the disciples He explained the parables to them. The parables and saying are not the reality, they are given to lead you to listening to Lord for an explanation!!

Just like the seed in the parable of the Sower, is in fact the word God speaks to us personally, so too does being born again just means that you are hearing words from the Lord. So a testament is just a testimony that the Lord speaks to us. But what did Jesus say about those who have been born again - they testify about what they know - but some will not accept they testimony. What we know is that Jesus Christ is there with us to be heard from personally!! His sheep hear His voice. So it is that we would not call Him a "what", simply because He is "who" talks to us. He is not the blood atonement!!! He is the One who took on flesh. We might call Him the Lamb, because He was the sacrifice for us, but He is not really a lamb but a person - The Son of God who speaks to us. So while understand that Jesus Christ took on flesh and went to the cross and rose again is important, He is not still on the cross, He is the King on the throne in the Kingdom of God which just happens to be in our midst so that we can hear and do hear from Him. And it is not so much that Jesus tells you "I am the Way", when you actually get to know Him, but rather I often hear from Him saying, "Karl, I love you" to me personally. Yes, He is the way, but when you talk to Him every day called 'Today" you will have figure that out long ago. Him being "The Way" is not something to talk about every day. When to go to the grocery store and what to get is talked about alot more than Him telling you that He is the way.

So it is that I find many people calling themselves Christian that really don't seem to talk to Him every day called "Today". So, while I can't be sure, because He doesn't gossip about others, it still becomes obvious when they start saying "What is Jesus Christ" instead of who is Jesus Christ. They start saying "It's Christ on the Cross", when He ascended to the throne and is Jesus Christ King of kings and Lord or lords. Jesus is the King who we get to know personally because we hear from Him and thus listen to Him and what He tells us.

And it is not so much that the New Testament is a testament to Jesus Christ to us, but rather what He tells us and does in and around our life that is a testament to Him. The New Testament is a testament to Jesus Christ to the unbeliever. The believer, because they know Him personally, gets their testament about Him from Him personally!!

It becomes very apparent when talking to people that they really know Him or not. If they start thinking He is a what, like say blood atonement, as opposed to a who as in a real person you hear from, then they obviously don't know Him. And He is indeed going to be telling people on that say, "I never knew you." so I try and correct that problem. I don't want people to wind up in that other place. So please seek Him and His voice. That is what preaching the Word of God is all about! Don't worry - He will still talk to you in parables and sayings, but as His disciple He will also explain the meanings to you. So hear is a saying that He gave me.

TWO MEN WERE WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, ONE TRIPED OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN’T SEE, THE OTHER DIDN’T BECAUSE HE WAS PAYING ATTENTION.

So ,are we paying attention to the Lord, or are we tripping over Him who we don't see?

1 Peter 2: 6-8 For this is contained in Scripture:
“BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A CHOICE STONE, A PRECIOUS CORNER stone,
AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.”
This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve,
“THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED,
THIS BECAME THE VERY CORNER stone,
and,
“A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE”;
for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.

These saying don't confuse us do they? They just mean that we need to seek the voice of the Lord and listen to Him! He is not really a stone but a person, right?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Thread's context defines the "KOG".
I dont need to change it.
It speaks for itself.

The Kingdom of God is not something you or any of us "defne"!!!

The King and the Kingdom can speak for themselves!!

This is another perfect example of how you think Jesus Christ is a "What" and not a "Who".

We don't define Jesus Christ we listen to Him and get to know Him!!

To even suggest we define God is us simply leaning on our own understanding / Religion!!

Our religion is our understanding of God, and of course we all have our understanding of God. Yet we are told clearly in the Bible to not lean on our own understanding but rather it all things we need to seek the Lord!!

Prov 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

Now because we all have our understanding of God - which is to say our religion - I certainly don't mind a person giving me their understanding. That is what the forum is about - to discuss our understanding of Jesus Christ who is God. Yet to be think you define the Kingdom of God is simply silly, because the King Jesus Christ, and those angelic beings who serve Him can speak for themselves!!!!!

That is why we are told to seek first the Kingdom of God!! That means we seek to hear what they have to say - meaning we need to seek and listen to Jesus Christ as the King of kings and those ministering angels He sends to those who will inherit salvation!!

Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent out to render service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation?

So who are you to think you define them??? You are supposed to be listening to the King and His ministering angels!!

The King nor His Kingdom are a "what; that you might define, but they are beings, persons, the King and His Holy angels. We need to seek the Kingdom of God, and that to get ministered to!!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Kingdom of God is not something you or any of us "defne"!!!

I realize that you are not a person who studies the Bible, especially the New Testament.
And forums like this one, are full of fakirs who cut and paste and pretend they wrote it.

Listen..

Its Jesus who defined the Kingdom of God and its PAUL who wrote the verse in a NEW TESTAMENT.
You should buy one, asap.

Here is PAUL who wrote most of the NT and all of the Church doctrine, defining, as Jesus explained......the KOG.

Romans 14:17.... """"For the KINGDOM OF GOD is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."""

SEE THAT?
Take a good look, Karl.
Its in a New Testament, Karl.
You should get one some day.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that you are not a person who studies the Bible, especially the New Testament.
And forums like this one, are full of fakirs who cut and paste and pretend they wrote it.

Listen..

Its Jesus who defined the Kingdom of God and its PAUL who wrote the verse in a NEW TESTAMENT.
You should buy one, asap.

Here is PAUL who wrote most of the NT and all of the Church doctrine, defining, as Jesus explained......the KOG.

Romans 14:17.... """"For the KINGDOM OF GOD is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost."""

SEE THAT?
Take a good look, Karl.
Its in a New Testament, Karl.
You should get one some day.

Really you think I don't study the Bible with all the verses I have use?

And you have it all wrong when you write "Its Jesus who defined the Kingdom of God" - because He didn't define the Kindom of God He defines it!!

Did you not read that He is the Teacher, or anything about who they will all be taught of God?

You keep defining Him and His Kingdom as a what - or as has beens - which should indicate to you that you are not seeking the Kingdom of God "Today"

The very first words the Lord told me were, "READ YOUR BIBLE", and don't you understand that He still has me reading it and also reviewing it with me. If you look back through just the above posts, that is what I have been telling you - and I have even given you example of what He has been telling me. Not everything He has been telling me. Like I didn't tell you that He interupted, something I was working on this morning - telling me that He wanted me to go and post again on this forum - and then again just now when I was about to get back to my work.

The reason He has me do that is because He wants you to start seeking first the Kingdom of God, which starts by seeking first the King of kings Himself!!

He did not define the Kingdom of God - He defines the Kingdom of God.

It reminds me of something I remember Benny Hinn saying -- "It does not say 'Thus said the Lord', it says 'Thus saith the Lord'. He is still saying Today."

It is written that His sheep hear His voice and there is something about 'Today if you hear His voice". Indeed Paul explained:

Romans 10:6-8 But the righteousness [fn]based on faith speaks as follows: “DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, ‘WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?’ (that is, to bring Christ down) or ‘WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

Isaiah got started by writing:

Is 1:2 Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
“Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.

Yet you have written and asked 'What is Jesus Christ'
and think "Its Jesus who defined the Kingdom of God"

He is not a what but a Who.
He did not define the Kingdom of God, because He defines the Kingdom of God - meaning that He talks us personaly "Today" about it and even shows us the Kingdom of God by sending Holy angels to minister to us.

Indeed, I hear from my Lord usually about a dozen times a day, and most days I also have angels sent to help me. They help me and minister to me. I can't see how a person could be living a Christian life, praying "Thy Kingdom Come" and not know all this. And what you fine out when this is happening in your life (and I speak from experience) is that there is way too much in the Kingdom of God to try and define it!! So you tell people about the Kingdom of God, not claim that you can define it!!

I can tell you about how the Lord sent me 40 angels with the instructions to figure out their names. It basically turns out that their names go with what they usually minister about. So it was that I found Praise/ Judah in front of the 40 angels. To his right was Joy. The Joy of the Lord is a powerful angel. To the left of Praise was an angel I know as Reason, because his message was "Come reason with the Lord" as in Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD, “Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They will be like wool." - and I can go on, thought I didn't finish figuring out all their names.

So I find in incredible that a person can say they can define the Kingdom of God, or to think the Jesus Christ defined the Kingdom of God. He didn't define it, He was trying to tell you about it - that you should seek Him and His Kingdom. How is it that people say they believe the Bible and not know this? Never-the-less Jesus talks about that problem too.

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Moses explained that Jesus Christ was there to talk to you. Moses explained that the Word of God was near you. Moses wanted the people to seek the Lord and listen to Him who speaks. Isaiah felt the same way. Paul the same also. All who wrote the Bible wanted others to hear from the King of kings also. Still some ask "What is Jesus Christ", and think writings in the Bible defined the Kingdom of God. The Bible doesn't define it, it tells us to seek the Kingdom of God, because it is just too massive to define. The Lord once told me, "A kingdom is not made of one of even three, but the Kingdom of God is made up of a great multitude." That is a fact about the Kingdom of God from the King to me, and it matches up with the Bible, but that is not the definition. That does not explain all about the Kingdom of God. How much pride does a person have to have to think they can define that great multitude that make up the Kingdom of God?

Indeed, when I figured out the names of any of the 40 angels which the Lord had sent me, they would talk to me and minister to me. They amazed me. Everyone of them were much wiser than any man I have ever meet. Not only that, but they had a better perspective than any of us, simply because they are not in these fleshy bodies, but are in heaven. Yet even they in all their wisdom would regularly point to the Lord, because not a one of them would have taken such pride as to suggest they could define the Kingdom of God. Instead, they brought messages and teachings from the Lord, and helped me with insight which concludes that God is on a whole different level than them.