What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Nothing I care about. Does not seem to have anything to do with the Christian that is grown feeding off the meat and not the milk.

You don’t care about these passages of scripture? How can we not be interested in, take into account, all passages of scripture in evaluating whatever it is that is presented to us?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What do you think by this:

“We define that there are two, the Father and the Son, and three with the Holy Spirit, and this number is made by the pattern of salvation . . . [which] brings about unity in trinity, interrelating the three, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are three, not in dignity, but in degree, not in substance (?) but in form, not in power but in kind. They are of one substance and power, because there is one God from whom these degrees, forms and kinds devolve in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.” (Adv. Prax. 23; PL 2.156-7).

I’m tired and forgot to mention that Gregory of Nazianzen (a giant figure in trinitarianism, though the average Protestant trinitarian knows little, and couldn’t care less, about him) said about the “wise” in the Church at a late date in the 4th century. I’ll post that too for your consideration. It’s stunning.

P.S.

Here’s the quote I alluded to.

“Even among adherents of the Nicene orthodoxy an uncertainty still for a time prevailed respecting the doctrine of the third person of the Holy Trinity. Some held the Spirit to be an impersonal power or attribute of God; others, at farthest, would not go beyond the expressions of the Scriptures. Gregory of Nazianzen, who, for his own part believed and taught the consubstantiality of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son, so late as 380 made the remarkable concession: ‘Of the wise among us, some consider the Holy Ghost an influence, others a creature, others God himself, and again others know not which way to decide, from reverence, as they say, for the Holy Scripture, which declares nothing exact in the case. For this reason they waver between worshipping and not worshipping the Holy Ghost, and strike a middle course, which is in fact, a bad one.’

(Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, §128 The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)

HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH*

Bold is mine. The entire quote is remarkable but I highlighted Gregory’s words.

The Church in the late 4th century (380 - that’s 55 years after Nicaea; approximately 170 years after Tertullian wrote Against Praxeas, and approximately 350 years after the Messiah’s death, burial and resurrection) was still struggling with the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. As you can see by what Gregory himself said, he was ticked off about it. All of the “wise” persons he was referring to were “adherents of Nicene orthodoxy”.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I' thought the " Word was a god" was attributed to him.
And he would be correct.....
In Greek "the Word" was "theos" not "ho theos".

The only way to distinguish one "god" from another in the Greek language was to call specific gods by name...the Greeks had plenty of them, but when it came to the (then) nameless God of the Jews, they had no way to distinguish him from other "mighty ones" like Jesus Christ, known for his powerful works, except by use of the definite article..."ho" (the).

"Theos" in Greek means...."a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities".....so it was not a word that applied only to Yahweh, the God whose name the Jews refuse to utter.

Since Jesus was not Almighty God they did not use the definite article when referring to him, but it was understood that he was "a god". The word means also a "divinity"...one who is from God, or who is "God-like" in character.

The title "Logos" literally means...

"of speech

1. a word, uttered by a living voice, embodies a conception or idea

2. what someone has said
    1. a word
    2. the sayings of God" (Strongs)
So the one who spoke God's words to others is who "the Word" (Logos) was, and he was "with ho theos" (with the God) and he was "divine" or in the understanding of the Greek speaking Jews..."a god-like" one.

John 1:1 is no proof text for the trinity and never was. John never spoke of Jesus as Almighty God, and neither did any of the other apostles.
Their "one" God was the God of the Jews..... "the Father" of Jesus Christ and his apostles (1 Corinthians 8:5-6) and in the Lord's prayer Jesus included us as well....
"OUR Father who art in heaven".

John 1:1 from the Mounce Interlinear...
"In en the beginning archē was eimi the ho Word logos, and kai the ho Word logos was eimi with pros · ho God theos, and kai the ho Word logos was eimi God theos."

That little word "ho" (the) is left untranslated in English only once in that verse.....and its the one that counts the most.
Trinitarian bias at work again.
"The Word" was "with the God" but the Word was not "the God" he was "a god"....'a divine god-like one'. No one questions Christ's divinity, but we can question his status as a deity....something he never once claimed.

And in answer to your previous question....."So Adam and Eve were unforgiven? I would ask if they are in Hell but have no idea what you believe about the afterlife"....Adam and his wife had no belief in an afterlife because God never gave them that option. The only options they had were *life or death*.....the same options given to Israel, who also had no belief in life after death. (Deuteronomy 30:19) The Bible does not teach that we have an immortal soul to go anywhere. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10) The dead are dead. Death is the opposite of life.

Christendom has brainwashed people for centuries with these false doctrines....but no one seems to notice. They have the trinity, and life after death in heaven or hell....and these have been around so long that no one is actually aware of where they came from. None of them come from the God of the Bible. They come from this world's "god" (theos), and all but "few" have been taken in by him. (2 Corinthians 4:3-4; Matthew 7:13-14)

Reactions: Peterlag

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So many words used to distort the truth in Gods word.
I am a believer in one God ! He has different attributes and or manifestations to reach mankind .

He is the Father, the Son Jesus and the Holy Ghost, all three bear record in heaven of ONE GOD !
Just as three bear record here on earth of our attributes[ as a daughter, sister, wife, mother ECT]. We are spirit, soul and body, 3 as God when he said let us make man in our image !

Look at a shark.......mindless machine that eats,swims,births and excretes, nothing more.

Yet we are more, I AM NOT THREE PERSONS NOR THREE PPL.
GOD IS ONE GOD WITH THREE DISTINCT ATTRIBUTES OR MANIFESTATIONS.

My personality is different as a daughter, as a wife, as a mother and as a worshipper of God!
Yet the apostle John wrote,
KJV 1 John 1:1-3
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John said here, and in numerous places elsewhere, among many other writers in the NT, that Jesus is the Son of God, not God as the Son as you purpose. Jesus is the literal only begotten Son. Not a manifestation, not a representative, not a man that lived a god like life, but a Son, begotten of God before time, before creation...
KJV Proverbs 8:23-31
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Reactions: Johann

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a "love all, offend none" kind of caricature, diametrically opposed to what the scriptures says.
I could have sworn I answered this specifically....
Well I meant to...
You are absolutely correct...this is a love all (as you love yourself...even your enemies) and offend none in word (being mindful of where you once were in your understanding)
“For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.”
— James 3:2 (KJV)
Colossians 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
¹⁷ And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

This is our whole heart in the matter...to welcome everyone and fellowship with one another....in love and peace.
After being here since 2017 my enthusiasm has waned tremendously....is it too much to hope for the kind of place where everyone walks humbly and does not strive against others over different doctrines?
None of us....Not one single person on this forum knows it all. We are still learning and growing. At the appointed time we will see and know clearly.

So even if you are on the meat that doesn't mean you have learned all there is to learn. And frankly, I would rather listen to a member who is still on the milk and eager to be taught.

Seems like everyone is here to teach and have no need of being taught.

:My2c:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I could have sworn I answered this specifically....
Well I meant to...
You are absolutely correct...this is a love all (as you love yourself...even your enemies) and offend none in word (being mindful of where you once were in your understanding)
“For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.”
— James 3:2 (KJV)
Colossians 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁶ Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
¹⁷ And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

This is our whole heart in the matter...to welcome everyone and fellowship with one another....in love and peace.
After being here since 2017 my enthusiasm has waned tremendously....is it too much to hope for the kind of place where everyone walks humbly and does not strive against others over different doctrines?
None of us....Not one single person on this forum knows it all. We are still learning and growing. At the appointed time we will see and know clearly.

So even if you are on the meat that doesn't mean you have learned all there is to learn. And frankly, I would rather listen to a member who is still on the milk and eager to be taught.

:My2c:

I teach, but I’m still a student (and always will be this side of the Messiah’s second coming; probably beyond then. I’m a “lifer”.)

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one questions Christ's divinity, but we can question his status as a deity....something he never once claimed.

I would disagree. Even the Pharisees understood that when Jesus said, "before Abraham was, I AM, He was claiming to be the God of the burning bush.

Exodus 3:
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”

4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”

Reactions: RLT63

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m tired and forgot to mention that Gregory of Nazianzen (a giant figure in trinitarianism, though the average Protestant trinitarian knows little, and couldn’t care less, about him) said about the “wise” in the Church at a late date in the 4th century. I’ll post that too for your consideration. It’s stunning.

P.S.

Here’s the quote I alluded to.

“Even among adherents of the Nicene orthodoxy an uncertainty still for a time prevailed respecting the doctrine of the third person of the Holy Trinity. Some held the Spirit to be an impersonal power or attribute of God; others, at farthest, would not go beyond the expressions of the Scriptures. Gregory of Nazianzen, who, for his own part believed and taught the consubstantiality of the Holy Spirit with the Father and the Son, so late as 380 made the remarkable concession: ‘Of the wise among us, some consider the Holy Ghost an influence, others a creature, others God himself, and again others know not which way to decide, from reverence, as they say, for the Holy Scripture, which declares nothing exact in the case. For this reason they waver between worshipping and not worshipping the Holy Ghost, and strike a middle course, which is in fact, a bad one.’

(Philip Schaff, History of the Christian Church, §128 The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit)

HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH*

Bold is mine. The entire quote is remarkable but I highlighted Gregory’s words.

The Church in the late 4th century (380 - that’s 55 years after Nicaea; approximately 170 years after Tertullian wrote Against Praxeas, and approximately 350 years after the Messiah’s death, burial and resurrection) was still struggling with the doctrine of the Holy Spirit. As you can see by what Gregory himself said, he was ticked off about it. All of the “wise” persons he was referring to were “adherents of Nicene orthodoxy”.

Thank you for the information.

What do you think of the verse that says, God said, "Let US make man in OUR image."

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Just woke up, 7:18 AM in the morning, to read this post, from you, to me.
While I agree for the most part, this latter is indicative you don't know me at all.
You "assume" I am on the "meat", a wrong assumption on your part.
Correct you are, I am still learning, what gives you the impression I have "arrived" as a perfect man, in a state of sinless perfection?
As for the "milk" part, Paul is addressing the divisions in the Church.

You want to stay, in a state of sitting, on the milk? Be my guest, I am pressing onward.

Here, allow me to show you, a Thompson's Chain Reference Bible would help you in correctly cutting straight the scriptures.

1Co 3:1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready,
1Co 3:3 for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?
1Co 3:4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?
1Co 3:5 What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each.
1Co 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
1Co 3:7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.
1Co 3:8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.
1Co 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.
1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it.
1Co 3:11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
1Co 3:13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
1Co 3:14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
1Co 3:16 Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?
1Co 3:17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
1Co 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,”
1Co 3:20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”
1Co 3:21 So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours,
1Co 3:22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours,
1Co 3:23 and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

See, not difficult
It shall help ye greatly to understand scripture
If thou mark not only what is spoken
Or written
But of whom
And to whom
With what words
At what time
Where
To what intent
With what circumstances
Considering what goeth before
And what followeth after
Who wrote this @Heart2Soul ?

As for the last sentence "Seems like everyone is here to teach and in no need of being taught" I fully concur, too bad you place me in this category.
Are you sitting without study tools?
Do you have a E Sword?
If not, it's a free bible software with many, many modules you can download and after that, no need to stay online or study online, as most here are doing.
I would also recommend to purchase the Ultimate Cross-reference Treasury available on e Sword.
If there is two sources I would highly recommend, it would be Robertson Word studies and Vincent's Word Studies, to help you grow in Christ and not just staying on "milk"
If you are so inclined, you can download Interlinear Bibles, Hebrew and Greek, with dictionaries, to further help you grow, with the leading of the Holy Spirit, of course, in rightly cutting straight the D'var of the Lord.
So now, no need just drinking milk, armed with the proper tools, the help of the Holy Spirit, making time, for we are to redeem the time, there is no excuse to NOT study to show yourself a lady approved.
So, instead of pointing a finger at me, giving me your "2 cents" help others.
Can two walk together lest they agree?
One last point, it is not enough to look up word studies, you need to familiarize yourself with the Morphology, Tenses of scriptures, there are books available on basic Greek grammar and Hebrew grammar, to help you further in your walk with Christ and to be able to

2Ti 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,...

Ever looked up these words? And the Imperatives?
What is reprove, rebuke and exhort?

Have a blessed day in Christ, there is one soma, many members, each endowed with his/her gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but so to think as to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to each man a measure of faith.
Rom 12:4 For even as we have many members in one body, and all the members have not the same office:
Rom 12:5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and severally members one of another.
Rom 12:6 And having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of our faith;
Rom 12:7 or ministry, let us give ourselves to our ministry; or he that teacheth, to his teaching;
Rom 12:8 or he that exhorteth, to his exhorting: he that giveth, let him do it with liberality; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Jas 3:1 Be not many teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment. {This was directed at me, from you} @Heart2Soul

Be not many teachers (mē polloi didaskaloi ginesthe). Prohibition with mē and present middle imperative of ginomai. “Stop becoming many teachers” (so many of you). There is thus a clear complaint that too many of the Jewish Christians were attempting to teach what they did not clearly comprehend. There was a call for wise teachers (Jas_2:13.), not for foolish ones. This soon became an acute question, as one can see in 1 Cor. 12 to chapter 14. They were not all teachers (1Co_12:28.; 1Co_14:26). The teacher is here treated as the wise man (Jas_3:13-18) as he ought to be. The rabbi was the teacher (Mat_23:7.; Joh_1:38; Joh_3:10; Joh_20:16). Teachers occupied an honourable position among the Christians (Eph_4:11; Act_13:1). James counts himself a teacher (we shall receive, Jas_3:1) and this discussion is linked on with Jas_1:19-27. Teachers are necessary, but incompetent and unworthy ones do much harm.

Heavier judgment (meizon krima). “Greater sentence.” See Mar_12:40; Luk_20:47 for perrisoteron krima (the sentence from the judge, Rom_13:2). The reason is obvious. The pretense of knowledge adds to the teacher’s responsibility and condemnation.
Robertson

Really sorry for you grouping me in the class of the "Know it all's" since I don't have epignosis, yet the know it all's do possess epignosis.

You have a blessed day in Christ Jesus, should you need assistance, I am right here.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You assume I was directing that at you. It was made with the intent to include everyone. So a wrong assumption on your part saying I made a wrong assumption of you. Lol.
:pfite:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just woke up, 7:18 AM in the morning, to read this post, from you, to me.
While I agree for the most part, this latter is indicative you don't know me at all.
Correct you are, I am still learning, what gives you the impression I have "arrived" as a perfect man, in a state of sinless perfection?
As for the "milk" part, Paul is addressing the divisions in the Church.

You want to stay, in a state of sitting, on the milk? Be my guest, I am pressing onward.

Here, allow me to show you, a Thompson's Chain Reference Bible would help you in correctly cutting straight the scriptures.

1Co 3:1 But I, brothers, could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready,
1Co 3:3 for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way?
1Co 3:4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?
1Co 3:5 What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each.
1Co 3:6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth.
1Co 3:7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth.
1Co 3:8 He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor.
1Co 3:9 For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.
1Co 3:10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it.
1Co 3:11 For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12 Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw—
1Co 3:13 each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done.
1Co 3:14 If the work that anyone has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If anyone's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
1Co 3:16 Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?
1Co 3:17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
1Co 3:18 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,”
1Co 3:20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”
1Co 3:21 So let no one boast in men. For all things are yours,
1Co 3:22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours,
1Co 3:23 and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.

See, not difficult
It shall help ye greatly to understand scripture
If thou mark not only what is spoken
Or written
But of whom
And to whom
With what words
At what time
Where
To what intent
With what circumstances
Considering what goeth before
And what followeth after
Who wrote this @Heart2Soul ?

As for the last sentence "Seems like everyone is here to teach and in no need of being taught" I fully concur, too bad you place me in this category.
Are you sitting without study tools?
Do you have a E Sword?
If not, it's a free bible software with many, many modules you can download and after that, no need to stay online or study online, as most here are doing.
I would also recommend to purchase the Ultimate Cross-reference Treasury available on e Sword.
If there is two sources I would highly recommend, it would be Robertson Word studies and Vincent's Word Studies, to help you grow in Christ and not just staying on "milk"
If you are so inclined, you can download Interlinear Bibles, Hebrew and Greek, with dictionaries, to further help you grow, with the leading of the Holy Spirit, of course, in rightly cutting straight the D'var of the Lord.
So now, no need just drinking milk, armed with the proper tools, the help of the Holy Spirit, making time, for we are to redeem the time, there is no excuse to NOT study to show yourself a lady approved.
So, instead of pointing a finger at me, giving me your "2 cents" help others.
Can two walk together lest they agree?
One last point, it is not enough to look up word studies, you need to familiarize yourself with the Morphology, Tenses of scriptures, there are books available on basic Greek grammar and Hebrew grammar, to help you further in your walk with Christ and to be able to

2Ti 4:1 I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.
2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions,...

Ever looked up these words? And the Imperatives?
What is reprove, rebuke and exhort?

Have a blessed day in Christ, there is one soma, many members, each endowed with his/her gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace that was given me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but so to think as to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to each man a measure of faith.
Rom 12:4 For even as we have many members in one body, and all the members have not the same office:
Rom 12:5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and severally members one of another.
Rom 12:6 And having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of our faith;
Rom 12:7 or ministry, let us give ourselves to our ministry; or he that teacheth, to his teaching;
Rom 12:8 or he that exhorteth, to his exhorting: he that giveth, let him do it with liberality; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

Jas 3:1 Be not many teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment. {This was directed at me, from you} @Heart2Soul

Be not many teachers (mē polloi didaskaloi ginesthe). Prohibition with mē and present middle imperative of ginomai. “Stop becoming many teachers” (so many of you). There is thus a clear complaint that too many of the Jewish Christians were attempting to teach what they did not clearly comprehend. There was a call for wise teachers (Jas_2:13.), not for foolish ones. This soon became an acute question, as one can see in 1 Cor. 12 to chapter 14. They were not all teachers (1Co_12:28.; 1Co_14:26). The teacher is here treated as the wise man (Jas_3:13-18) as he ought to be. The rabbi was the teacher (Mat_23:7.; Joh_1:38; Joh_3:10; Joh_20:16). Teachers occupied an honourable position among the Christians (Eph_4:11; Act_13:1). James counts himself a teacher (we shall receive, Jas_3:1) and this discussion is linked on with Jas_1:19-27. Teachers are necessary, but incompetent and unworthy ones do much harm.

Heavier judgment (meizon krima). “Greater sentence.” See Mar_12:40; Luk_20:47 for perrisoteron krima (the sentence from the judge, Rom_13:2). The reason is obvious. The pretense of knowledge adds to the teacher’s responsibility and condemnation.
Robertson

Really sorry for you grouping me in the class of the "Know it all's" since I don't have epignosis, yet the know it all's do possess epignosis.

You have a blessed day in Christ Jesus, should you need assistance, I am right here.
Geez...ease up man....it's a discussion.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You assume I was directing that at you. It was made with the intent to include everyone. So a wrong assumption on your part saying I made a wrong assumption of you. Lol.
Emoji's is indicative of a person not sure how to deal with his/her opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.