What Did Jesus Actually Accomplish On The Cross?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here are some things that I have understood through years of study, however, I believe that I have only scratched the surface...enjoy

What did Jesus Actually Accomplish On The Cross

1.He became a curse for us

Galations 3
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),

Deuteronomy 21:22-23
2 “If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.

2. He was punished for our transgressions

Isaiah 53:5 NASB
But He was pierced through for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
The chastening for our well-being fell upon Him,
And by His scourging we are healed.

1 Peter 2:24 NKJV
24 He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree,
so that, having died to sins, we might live for righteousness;
you have been healed by His wounds.

3. He made reparation for our sins through the sacrifice of himself

Romans 3:25
whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed,

Romans 5
8 But God proves His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us! 9 Much more then, since we have now been declared righteous by His blood, we will be saved through Him from wrath.

Colossians 2
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Hebrews12
Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.

1 John 2:2
And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

1 John 4:10
In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

4. His blood cleanses us from sin.

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 1:5
and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Revelation 7:14
And I said to him, “Sir, you know.” So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

5. He reconciled us back to the Father

Romans 4:7
“Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, And whose sins are covered;

Romans 5:10
For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

2 Corinthians 5:18
Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,

Ephesians 2:13
But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:2
9 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.

Colossians 1
21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—

Hebrews 10:19
Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus,

6. He Sent forth his Spirit to dwell in all who believe in him by faith.

John 16
5 “But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ 6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. 7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Galations 4:6
And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!”

Ephesians 1:13
In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 1
20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, 22 who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

2 Corinthians 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.

...and granted us eternal life

John 3:15
15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 5
39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

John 10
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.”

John 17:3
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Romans 5:17
so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Titus 3
7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

1 John 5:11-12
10 He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. 11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

7. Death Could not Hold Him Down

1 Corinthians 15
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Philippians 2
And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Hebrews 2:14
Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

1 Peter 3:22
who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

Revelation 1
17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last. 18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.

Peace!!!
294qwqs.gif

Reactions: clark thompson

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil.

Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared
was to destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8)

Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. (John 12:31)

Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the
power of death--that is, the devil-- (Heb 2:14)

But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you (Matt 12:28)

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
What did Jesus Actually Accomplish On The Cross
Christianity is a lethal religion. In some strange way that I don't quite
understand, Christianity nails its believers up on the cross with Christ, so
that his execution becomes theirs.

†. Rom 6:3 . . Do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into
Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

†. Rom 6:6 . . Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with him

†. Gal 2:20 . . I am crucified with Christ

†. Col 3:3 . .You died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

The "old man" refers to Adam. We all come into this world as his natural

biological posterity. There is a "new man" that is: an upgraded man. The
new man is superior to the old man in that it isn't natural, nor is it biological,
nor is it in any way related to Adam and/or the forbidden fruit. Rather; it is
unnatural and it is non biological. Plus; it is 110% sinless. In point of fact; the
new man cannot sin.

†. Eph 4:24 . . Put on the new man, which was created according to God, in
true righteousness and holiness.

†. Col 3:10 . . Put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the
image of Him that created him.

†. 1 John 3:9 . . Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed
remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

The icing on the cake is: the old man has human life: a dead-on-the-hoof

kind of life; while the new man has eternal life; which is a perpetually-living
kind of life.

†. John 5:24 . . I assure you, those who listen to my message, and believe
in God who sent me, have eternal life. They will never be condemned for
their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.

Buen Camino
/