What do i do?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of my past involvement in the occult, i literally cannot escape the temptation to get back into it. it torments me and hypersaturates my entire being at every minute. I need to know how to be "unbound" from all this. I need a solution that doesn't involve prayer, because even my prayers are flooded with temptation to make them spells, and i don't know how to not, or if i am. I've tried confessing my sins and repenting, but it doesn't help. The temptation is still just as strong. It is NOT a choice i make when it's too strong to resist. It genuinely is like an almighty force of pure spiritual evil that forces my soul to buckle under the pressure of temptation. I litteraly DO NOT HAVE THE POWER to NOT do it, no matter how much i want to not even while doing it. I'm telling you this is NOT me. I don't know if it's demons, an alternate personality, or just plain insanity, but it's not my fault. I just need a way to get it to stop.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need a solution that doesn't involve prayer, because even my prayers are flooded with temptation to make them spells, and i don't know how to not, or if i am.
I have to admit that I don't understand what you mean here. I will say, pray anyway with a deliberate and aware mind, recognize when you are turning prayers into spells (?!?!?), and make a deliberate effort to stay in contact with God during your prayers.

And I'll pray for you too.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of my past involvement in the occult, i literally cannot escape the temptation to get back into it. it torments me and hypersaturates my entire being at every minute. I need to know how to be "unbound" from all this. I need a solution that doesn't involve prayer, because even my prayers are flooded with temptation to make them spells, and i don't know how to not, or if i am. I've tried confessing my sins and repenting, but it doesn't help. The temptation is still just as strong. It is NOT a choice i make when it's too strong to resist. It genuinely is like an almighty force of pure spiritual evil that forces my soul to buckle under the pressure of temptation. I litteraly DO NOT HAVE THE POWER to NOT do it, no matter how much i want to not even while doing it. I'm telling you this is NOT me. I don't know if it's demons, an alternate personality, or just plain insanity, but it's not my fault. I just need a way to get it to stop.
Maybe you'll grow out of it with time.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not crazy. You may need some people to lay hands on you and pray for your deliverance.

I'm praying the Lord keep his hand on you and guide you to the right people.

I plead the blood of Jesus over you. Don't be afraid to speak His name and plead the blood over yourself.