What Do You Picture Heaven to Be Like?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a really good answer. :)

came back because I wanted to add “Seeing things from a clear perspective. I’ve Often wondered about enemies ...if what drives and fuels that hatred so strongly is removed...would they be ashamed and weep at lost relationship over pointless grudges.”

ashamed and weeping at lost relationship ...but also a lot of rejoicing over restoration of all that was lost. A lot of praising and thanking Him.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides being with Jesus and my friends and family,.. I picture Heaven to be a place where you can play with kittens and puppies whenever you want to, eat as many sweets as you want without having to vomit, seeing beautiful gardens and waterfalls, and living in beautiful white mansions with either beautiful backyards and beaches by them and always being bathed in sunshine and seeing beautiful rainbow colors. :) While also being able to ride the rainbows and walk the streets of gold. :D (Just using my imagination on this one.)

I picture Heaven like Mayberry (Andy Griffth Show) or Celebration, Fl (It was a town built by Disney and is so quaint that I am in love with the town)

Reactions: April_Rose

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Heaven is God's home. We will be there only temporarily, then there shall be a new earth. Eden restored. Nature at it's absolute finest with the New Jerusalem and God as the Boss. Nothing we can imagine will come remotely close... Unless we're in a rainforest somewhere with birds and animals all around without fear and without any predatory instincts.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides being with Jesus and my friends and family,.. I picture Heaven to be a place where you can play with kittens and puppies whenever you want to, eat as many sweets as you want without having to vomit, seeing beautiful gardens and waterfalls, and living in beautiful white mansions with either beautiful backyards and beaches by them and always being bathed in sunshine and seeing beautiful rainbow colors. :) While also being able to ride the rainbows and walk the streets of gold. :D (Just using my imagination on this one.)
Heaven is described throughout the book of Revelation

Revelation 21:2-4

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Revelation 4:1-8

4 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.

4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Revelation 22:1-10

22 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

6 And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.

9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.

10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You should listen to near-death experience testimonies if you have not. There are numerous individuals who have similar accounts regarding their time in Heaven.
I suggest you ignore NDEs. They are a great form of deception and misunderstanding, and should never be relied upon for spiritual understanding and truth.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 3:21-22 (NKJV)
For all things are yours: 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come--all are yours.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many will be shocked to find out that the eternal Kingdom will be on the new Earth, not in Heaven. The New Jerusalem will be the world's Capital.

Reactions: Brakelite

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is God's home. We will be there only temporarily, then there shall be a new earth. Eden restored. Nature at it's absolute finest with the New Jerusalem and God as the Boss. Nothing we can imagine will come remotely close... Unless we're in a rainforest somewhere with birds and animals all around without fear and without any predatory instincts.

“I will make my abode with you.” Not to get in a debate but for conversation only. could the New Heaven and Earth (wherein dwells righteousness) become one instead of two? In He said He would build His House where and enter it and remain there? Isn’t a house where you reside?

Reactions: Brakelite

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should listen to near-death experience testimonies if you have not. There are numerous individuals who have similar accounts regarding their time in Heaven.

Really? Btw, this topic reminds me an awful lot of this song. :D

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I realized that the Earth is going to be remade it changed my view of heaven. Everything that you like best about Earth will be here, without all the bad stuff. But that's only the beginning.

But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 21:1

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

No sea?
I was hoping it would be like Fort Lauderdale.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? How?
Rev 1:22:Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 1:22:Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
Location should be Rev 22:1. You reversed the order.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we will be able to see the unseen as well as the material at the same time. I think there is so much right in front of us that we cannot see with our human eyes. The spiritual realm, which I think is a mind blowing dimension with visible energy and unseen colors. A place held together by a mathematical fractal fabric of creation. A place filled with kind spirits, friends, family. A metaphysical earth where we can see how the spiritual effects the material and visa versa. We will be nourished with fruit from the tree of life and the water that flows from the throne. We will minister for the Lord and he will send us on awesome adventures on the new earth. Exploring the endless creation praising the Lord.

or we will be on fluffy clouds playing harps. I dunno...

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dang it! Now I've got The Circle of Life in my head. "There is more to be seen that can ever be seen, more to do that can ever be done." :p