what if you are a diffrent oxygen breather in heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Your not. You don't have a physical body that needs oxygen. You become spirit just as God is Spirit. It may not be the same body but God gives us a body. I don't know what that will look like though....

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Holy999

Feb 18, 2020
stockholm
Faith
Christian
Country
Sweden
Your not. You don't have a physical body that needs oxygen. You become spirit just as God is Spirit. It may not be the same body but God gives us a body. I don't know what that will look like though....
sounds very risky.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I inhale because my body requires it

On our ressurected body I will not require oxygen. I could actually walk on the surface of jupiter and live
You are correct.
Mortal flesh and BLOOD cannot inherit the KoG. However, Jesus was resurrected being flesh, bone and Spirit. Therefore, Jesus being both immortal flesh and Spirit, He is able to be either physical and/or Spirit at will.

In like manner, so shall that be true for us also.
In fact, for everyone who is born again of God's Holy Spirit, we have right now, the very power of His likeness within us, waiting for the Day of His Glorious return, whereby we shall be instantly changed.
Gal.2[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
2Cor.4[7] But we have this treasure in [our] earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In our physical earthly world, the life of the flesh is in the blood, see flesh is maintained by our blood.
But our glorified bodies wont have blood, as our life is maintained by God and Christ as new creations, flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of God. When Jesus appeared to the disciples on earth after His being resurrected, he showed also a body of flesh and bone, but that was for their benefit, someone they can touch and feel like themselves, someone they could recognize as himself. Would not make sense for Jesus to appear in a metal body, or as a ghostly apparition. He took on a body similar to their own. Same as when born as a baby when he took on a body of flesh and blood, so that he could identify and relate with people. This new body wont need to breathe air, eat, drink or sleep to keep being alive.

1 Corinthians 15:50
Our Final Victory
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.

We will still have a body of some kind. Even angels can take on a form that is like flesh and show themselves to people.
In the resurrection, we will have some kind of glorified body

1 Corinthians 15
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Our Final Victory
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.”

55 “O Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.